Old 09-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

I have tried every diet under the sun and this is the only one that actually gives me losses daily!

I started the 20th of August. Did attack for 5 days. And now am alternating PP and PV days but nothing really set. I usually listen to my body and if I really want the PV day I do it. But I really don't eat that much vegetables on those days since the protein should always outweigh the veggies.

I started off at 96kilos! My highest ever. But I have been around 90 kilos for about 6-7 years. So My body really doesn't know what it is to be thin. So I think I plateau every 4-5 days of loss. And the plateau lasts for about 4-5 days too. I think. I am not sure as it has only been 3 weeks since I started.

But I officially weighed 89,5 this morning

Sooo I have lost about 6 kilos in 3 weeks. Even though some days I "seemed" to have gained I realized that it was due to salt retention due to some beef jerkythingy I found and ate the whole package.

For the past few days I have been reeeeeeeeally hungry but I think it's because I am not eating enough protein. And ever since starting the diet I have been really reallly tired even if I take my vitamins (and drink my 3 liters of water a day). So I don't know what's up with that.

Anyways, will write more later
dbsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #362  

Hi all,
\I hear all the good news with Dukan and for me I love meat and lean I can handle alot. Plus whole eggs, Yummy.

I really wonder if the approach all you can eat when hungry is ok. I notice when Doing lean either carbs or meat I get hungrier then if it had fat in it. So with the all you can eat, is this ok to follow by?

thank you
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #363  

Awesome wow it did work except today won't be counting calories or weighing my food so wow lost 1 pound deff water but in a day and didn't really have a bowel movement till after I weighed so maybe few more would appeared lost lol

sorry tmi lol

but yeah super excited to be on this plan
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #364  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

I hope people are still hanging in there with their programs. I hve achieved goal and am maintaining TW through all of life's ups, downs and travel itineraries for the last six months, so for me it has definately worked and worked well. Not hungry, eating when and as much as I like, though still very careful to keep most meals limited to those I know are good for me.

Fitter, stronger, faster does seem to be the end result of this program. Ask my doctor!
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #365  
Esta es mi vida ♫

Height: 171 cms

Hi all! I'm starting the Dukan diet. Is there anyone still doing the Dukan diet?
Mia Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #366  
Jenn

I still check in here occasionally, the community here is not very strong with Dukaners, which is unfortunate. But I check the thread every so often to see if anyone is around.

I am still working my way through consolidation and have managed to stay roughly the same weight without too much trouble and am settling the lifestyle changes in so that I feel confident of having a long term success.

How are you going with your start? If you check the Dukan site the calculator will give you an idea of the beat length of the attack phase (don't do it for too long, the recommendations usually give you the most effective results) and an idea of how long you will be in cruise for. It is free!

Mydukandiet.com is good for recipes and Dukaners.com is quite active as well.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #367  
Esta es mi vida ♫

Hi Electro,

Thanks a lot for your informative post! I did the Dukan test on the website and according to the results of the test, I am going to be on attack phase for 6 days. The recommended weight for me is 67 kilos but I'd rather be around 57-58 kilos.

The Dukan diet is not very popular in this forum, that's surprising for me because it's the most known diet in Europe and lots of people, especially women, are doing it!

What about your weight loss? How much weight did you lose and how long did it take you to lose?

Love,
Mia
Old 02-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #368  
Esta es mi vida ♫

I know it is not suggested to walk more than 20 minutes on the attack phase but I'm very active person and I walk daily 15 kilometers although I'm not on a diet. Will there be any problem if I walk during attack phase?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #369  
Jenn

I lost 33kg isix months. Loved how it went, never hungry and full of energy. I've kept to the same weight range for just under 12 months so far with the consolidation phase (don't skip this part, it really settles your weight and lifestyle into something sustainable).

I am not medical so below is only a personal opinion.

If you walk normally it shouldn't be a problem to continue. Just keep an eye on your hydration a bit more closely as you will be taking in less liquid through your foods and will need to increase your amounts to accommodate that. You may also feel tired, grouchy and lightheaded about day three. All lowcarb detox's have what they call the carb flu, this is the period during which your body is slowly switching from using it's depleted glucose stores to starting to use the stored energy (fat) for your activities. Stop immediately if you start to get stressed, lightheaded or more breathless than normal.

Be prepared to adjust your exercise to your energy levels during this time and don't stress too much if you feel like a day off. The exercise advise is generally based on being sedentary at the start of the program.

When the worst of the carb flu hits, your best defense is to eat, eat and eat more. Use your unlimited amounts of allowed foods to the max. You will still lose weight during the attack phase and your appetite will adjust to the new eating routine naturally over time. So every time you open the fridge door wounding if there is something worth eating, grab some chicken and chow down! Lots of chicken etc!

Good luck.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #370  

Height: 5'6"

Hello! I see this thread is sluggish at best but I'll post anyway. I did Ideal Protein, nearly 3 years ago now, and am ready to lose the last of it. I have my nieces wedding in June so motivation is in place 30 lbs to go....Wish me luck!!
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #371  
Jenn

Sorry Dollface, my subscription to the thread let me down.

It's a bit sluggish on the thread, true, which is unfortunate as the program really does work. Best of luck for your targets. Let us know how you are going.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #372  

Hello. I am considering trying this diet and just wondered if there are some that are still doing this. Would appreciate any info or advice. I have approx. 25# to lose and want to get it done for health and to look better in my clothing.
I have ordered the book but want to get started. I have been reading about it.
I lost 40# doing low carb in the past, but it seemed to quit working for me, so want to give this a try.
Thanks

Last edited by shabbyvintagelady; 02-21-2014 at 05:45 PM.
shabbyvintagelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #373  
Jenn

Lol, I just posted on your other post I think.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #374  

Thank you. I will go there and read.
shabbyvintagelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Thumbs up

So did I.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote