Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #211  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Pink - yes, I almost always see an increase on my PV days. That's partly why I have them all in a row, to get that water weight over with! lol! Then I get my end of the week whoosh just in time for my WI.

I also do the 3-4 PV days in a row because it's easier for me to cook that way - I can roast a big batch of veggies at once and then enjoy them over a few days. I find that easier to keep up with than cooking them fresh every other day.

You could try a couple of PP days in a row and you should be able to kiss that water weight bye-bye!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

Yesterday was a PP day so I did notice some of the water weight went away this morning... I'm going to do as you suggest and stick in a few more PP days... thanks for the suggestion

PS... Happy February!! Is anyone making any February goals?
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #213  
Dukanista

I'm going to do a WI tomorrow for Feb 1 and then figure out a goal from there. Definitely into the 230s, just how far will depend on where I start!

Tonight I am enjoying a yummy muffin in a mug. I let it sit for several minutes before cooking and the texture was great. Tonight was just cinnamon and vanilla, like a gallette. I have to still figure out the chocolate one - for some reason, that one keeps overflowing when I cook it!

Tonight was a "force myself to eat" time. I didn't actually feel hungry, but when I put all my food in Fitday, it was only 600 calories - that was AFTER eating supper! So definitely a good day to add in a treat. Between the egg and the extra oatbran, it's about 200 calories. Not that I am counting calories exactly, but I find that I can sometimes get too low, and not really be hungry but not feel great. So tracking in Fitday helps me spot that before I get to the not feeling great part.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #214  

I can sympothise with those "force myself to eat" times... I hate cooking so I'll usually just grab some yogurt. Your muffin in a mug sounds pretty good though!!!!

My February goal is not so much a weight goal as it is a to-do-goal... I want to use my trampoline (one of those mini indoor ones) for at least 30 minutes every day... increasing by 10 minutes each week until I'm doing it for an hour every day.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi to everyone!

I'm planning on starting the Dukan Diet. Just read the book, and it sounds very interesting, thought I'd give it a shot!
Going to be starting on the first phase tomorrow, shooting for 5 days.
Glad to see there're others doing it as well here!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #216  

Good Luck, Mottainai!

Glad to see the number of Dukaners increasing! The more the merrier!! \o/
Old 02-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

I have decided to weigh myself once a week instead of everyday... does the exercise really speed up the results or is it just for health?
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #218  

Dukan says that the walking is non-negotiable...

I easily get 30 minutes of walking in a day with getting and from work... am now doing extra with trampolining.

If you burn for example 150 calories for a 30 minute walk... then thats 1050 calories a week... it takes 3500 burnt calories to lose a lb... so thats 1 lb every 3 or so weeks.... so thats 15lbs a year...

BUT... you are also building muscle mass... which burns more calories throughout the day than not having it... so you will work off more calories by doing the things you normally do. (Which is why some people do weight training even if they are trying to lose weight - including me).

On the Dukan Diet we're eating a lot of protein - which is great for building muscle!

Exercise also increases your metabolic rate... so if you eat shortly after your work out - you'll burn more calories of that meal off (I dunno if thats true... I've read it online a few times...). But the protein you eat after a workout will help to repair your muscles...

I would say just go ahead with the walk and get it over with. 30 minutes isn't so bad... 15 minutes to one place and back again...
I'm sure you'll feel better for it in the long run.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #219  
Dukanista

welcome Mottainai! Good luck with the Attack phase!

domesticbliss, I find that exercise definitely speeds up weight loss. Last time, I did a month of committing to 30 days straight of working out and I can't remember the exact numbers but I know I lost several more lbs that month than usual. Plus aside from health benefits, it helps your body get more toned and look better.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #220  
Dukanista

hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Today is Superbowl Sunday, which is always a time for a big party and lots of snacks. I'm enjoying a PV day with some delicious things and staying completely on plan. It's good proof to myself that I do NOT need to feel deprived at all on this plan!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #221  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Default Newby

Well, newby to the forum, I've been on Dukan since October and still going strong, with a way to go yet. I will try to add my ticker when I get a chance. It's been a great diet with only a couple of , shall we call them blips, on the way. I've also been working on my mindset regarding food as that seems to be what gets me into trouble to begin with, lol! While it's great to have a solution to my weight problem I think I would prefer to stop having the problems ocurr.

It's been good to meet you all through your posts, hopefully talk to you soon
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #222  

Welcome to the forum, Electro!!!

Glad to hear you've kept on the Dukan Wagon (mostly)!!
A diet wouldn't be a diet without a few blips on the way
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

Hi everyone, back from my ski trip and trying to get back into Dukan ... I'm afraid I wasn't a good girl while I was away but to be honest I knew I wouldn't be! I was afraid to weigh myself this morning but I don't think I put on much weight, we skiied loads so there was loads of carlorie burning going on as well ....

I like the sound of those muffins .... will give those a try.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #224  
Dukanista

Welcome Electro! And how great that you are several months in and doing so well! You have to have 20 posts to get a ticker - but it will be fun when you get it because you have so much progress to show alread!
Quote:
had yummy yummy vegies yesterday along with protein. Never in my life have I wanted and enjoyed vegies so much!
Isn't it funny how much this plan makes you really appreciate veggies? I think that's a really positive life change, because it's so healthy. Esp. this second time, I've really been inspired to eat additional veggies and find new ways of cooking them. Yesterday for the Superbowl party I went to, I made kale chips and these zucchini bites (I used oat bran in place of the bread crumbs in the recipe)

http://thetwobiteclub.blogspot.com/2...hini-tots.html

Having something like those as a side dish means I don't miss having a starch at all, and is definitely a way I can happily eat for life. I know that eventually we can add back some stuff, but I know that having a lot of PV days will be what keeps the weight off over time and when I can have veggie-rich meals I truly enjoy, it doesn't seem like a hardship to do that.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #225  
Dukanista

oh, we cross posted - welcome back Allimac! I'm glad the trip was fun!! Depending on how you feel and what the scale says, you could try Attack for a few days to get back on track. But will all that skiiing, you may not even need to! Even before Dukan, I often found that I was ok on the scale after vacations because of so much extra activity!