Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #256  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I ended up with a gain of 3 lbs. And it's funny but even though I had planned on having a meal with starches for dinner, in the end, I didn't even want to eat it and just had a normal on plan dinner instead.

Now I'm doing a 6 day Attack phase and we'll see what happens. Ideally, I am hoping that I lose about 5 lbs total, but as long as I show any net loss at all, I'll be comfortable with having done this experiment.

It was definitely good for me mentally - I was feeling frustrated and burned out, I know I shouldn't complain about stalling for a couple of weeks, but that is how I was feeling. And now I am back to my normal state of being very happy to be on Dukan, which is of course, where I need to be.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #257  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

I hope that this works for you April. Though a six day attack should break the plateau with or without the reset!

There was cake at work today and it was funny because one of the staff started apologizing for eating a piece of it in front of me, they had just learned that I don't do sugar or flour any more. They thought it might be difficult, but it wasn't. They were good cakes, but I looked at them and thought. Ho hum!

Given me a steak or a cheesecake though and wow! I've become accustomed to dukan friendly food it seems, not missing the old junk food temptations at all. The thought of feeling carb heavy does not attract me anymore.

Yay!
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #258  
Dukanista

great job staying on plan Electro!! I also find that it gets relatively easy to ignore the sweets. Well, except when it doesn't, of course! It's rare for me to want that stuff, but I won't say it never happens.

As for me, the re-boot is going well. I'm not sure if I am going to WI early or just wait until Sunday. But I definitely feel good being back on plan, and fortunately, I didn't have to deal with any sort of induction/detox symptoms, I'm sure because I had a limited amount of carbs in my system. I agree that I could have tried Attack without doing the other, but I needed it mentally too. Doing this on my own terms was part of what helped me keep control about it, and I needed the mental break even more than the physical one. But physically, I was also retaining water so I think doing it this way possibly helped with that too, in a way that just skipping PV days wouldn't have done. I certainly feel better, less bloated now, so at least in that, it was successful.

Here's hoping it was successful on the scale too!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #259  
Jenn

Must admit that I weigh in daily, though I only count the result on ticker day. This allows me to ignore the fluctuations and clearly see the trend.

I guess though, would wait a day or two after a reset, just to let the initial bloat pass first.

So glad do feel better and sometimes it is the mental part of things that make it work, after all most of the success of any diet is the mindset, the body just tends to follow.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #260  
Dukanista

I am happy to say that the re-boot worked and I was at 239.6 this morning. So that means I lost all of the "extra" gain plus another couple of lbs, and hopefully a bit more by Sunday.

I'm not saying I am going to do this sort of thing routinely, but I went with my instincts about what felt right to do right now, and it worked out the way I hoped.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 225/218/160

Height: 5'7

I was thinking about Atkins--but will do some research on this Dukan plan.....
ema1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #262  
Dukanista

Welcome ema!!

please feel free to ask any questions, but if you do plan to start Dukan, I strongly recommend you purchase the book. It explains the program and why it works much better than I can!

But I will say I love this plan - I am eating food I like, I never have to be hungry, my cravings are almost always gone, I feel great. And oh by the way, I lose weight on it!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #263  

I will go get book today at lunch break,,,,,,curious I was going to start Atkins Monday, what makes this one better?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #264  

HA! sorry I repeated myself. I will look through book. Thanks April~ Im excited to get this journey GOING!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #265  
Dukanista

ema -

answering you from the other thread

Quote:
curious if you all purchased the Dukan plan online? or if you are just using the book?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have not signed up for the online coaching. I've thought about it a lot and if I find that I ever get to a certain point and feel really stuck, I may go ahead. I do read on the official Dukan board sometimes - you can't directly access the daily chat, but sometimes if I am searching for a specific question, I get a link to it. And it seems like it would be a very helpful tool for those who want more specific guidance and accountability. And even the price doesn't seem unreasonable since you are getting daily input for a set rate.

But as I mentioned before, I definitely recommend getting the book. I find it very helpful and interesting and have re-read it more than once since I started on Dukan.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #266  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema1103 View Post
I will go get book today at lunch break,,,,,,curious I was going to start Atkins Monday, what makes this one better?
I like it better personally because I have a preference for lower fat foods. It's not that I think they are healthier, they just taste better to me. I love a splash of skim milk in my tea - the idea of cream in my tea makes me gag. So the no/low fat dairy on Dukan is a big selling point for me.

Also, oat bran is amazing. It tastes great, you can make pancakes and muffins with it and that small amount of carbs makes me feel physically much better than I did when I tried Atkins.

I also like that there is no counting anything on Dukan. While a lot of the food you eat is the same, on Atkins, you are counting carbs, at least to start with. On Dukan, it's very easy. If it's on the list of 100 foods, you can eat it. If it's not on the list, you don't. Personally, I do better with less thought and decision making required, although that's certainly not true for everyone.

Anyway, as you can see, I love Dukan, I love to talk about Dukan! lol!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

I got the book, too, but didn't buy the online coaching.

I think the book is clear enough to set you up for the diet and answer many questions you might have.

As April Snow mentioned, it is super easy. Either its on the list or it's not.
Sometimes you have to use your judgement when buying certain brands of things like dairy (look for carbs, protein and fat)... but that's pretty easy, too (high protein = good, high carbs and fat = bad)!

I tried Atkins about 3 years ago (and again about 2 years before that) but only stuck at them both about 2 weeks and I don't recall losing weight. On Dukan I saw the scale dropping by the second or third day and lost about 6lbs in the first week alone.
If you get past the first few days (which can be quite hard) then sticking to the diet isn't hard. You don't feel very hungry and there is always something to eat if you do want something. I've only cheated once so far since starting at the start of Janauary.
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 186/155/125

I have been on Dukan in the past. Am very excited to come back to a support group. I was originally 186 and got down to 130. I am up around 155. It has kept coming on because my eating has not been great.

It's winter, cold and I have reverted to comfort foods. I really could use the support to get back on. I want to start attack and move forward with some good losses.

Will check in tomorrow and look forward to getting to know everyone.

HOney
Honeybun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #269  
Jenn

Ema, dukan just has a simplicity about it and sticking to it is easy. I've been doing it for 4 months now and not been hungry at all.

There is information about it the diet on my Dukandiet.com and allaboutyou.com but if you do decide to go ahead with it you will benefit from having the book.

Honey, that was an awesome effort, hope this time is as effective.

It's interesting having a successful weight loss program. I've had to work hard to adjust my mindset about food, it hasn't just been the diet, though the program has been easy for me and so effective that it is easy to stick with. Ive had to tackle my own self sabotaging thoughts and behaviors to get through some of the rough patches. And it is a constant work in progress.

One of the girls at work is doing a prepackaged program, eats leads than I do, is tired, hungry, grumpy and broke. The other day she went and got mcdonalds because she was stressed. Then complains that she isn't losing much. Yet she is the one who suggests that I am doing this the wrong way. I eat fresh healthy food, as much as I need to not be hungry, I am losing weight at a safe and consistent rate, my bloods are great according to the doctor and I am alive and full of energy! Seriously!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #270  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro View Post
It's interesting having a successful weight loss program. I've had to work hard to adjust my mindset about food, it hasn't just been the diet, though the program has been easy for me and so effective that it is easy to stick with. Ive had to tackle my own self sabotaging thoughts and behaviors to get through some of the rough patches. And it is a constant work in progress.

One of the girls at work is doing a prepackaged program, eats leads than I do, is tired, hungry, grumpy and broke. The other day she went and got mcdonalds because she was stressed. Then complains that she isn't losing much. Yet she is the one who suggests that I am doing this the wrong way. I eat fresh healthy food, as much as I need to not be hungry, I am losing weight at a safe and consistent rate, my bloods are great according to the doctor and I am alive and full of energy! Seriously!
I feel very much the same. It's almost strange to have a plan that fits me so well and that WORKS so well. It makes losing weight the easy part, in the sense that I can feel confident that if I stay on plan, I will lose the weight. So of course, the hard part is making sure I do stay on plan, but it's definitely easier to do when you feel good, don't have to be hungry, and see the progress on the scale.

For me, it's really going to be about sticking with it long term. I did great for 6 months the last time, now I know I have to hang in there and make it through the remaining 5-6 months after that, and then finally get to Conso.