Old 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Electro, my name is also Jenn Good luck on your weigh-in!!
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #332  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

That is hilarious! Sounds like we were destined to be dukan buddies! Jenn!

Weigh in today with a half kilo loss brings me to target weight plus 7.2 kilos and a total loss so far of 28.8 Kg. I weigh weekly (though I sneak peek frequently)

it is slowing down as I get closer, but I do want to get back to a 'healthy' weight before moving to consol, though I don't have much reliance on the BMI scale, the number is stuck in my brain now. So hopefully it won't take much longer.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

That's great, Jenn! Keep it up!

I start the cruise phase tomorrow. I'm kind of confused b/c I'm in a predicament right now, but I'm trying not to let it bring me down & ruin my diet. I'm just gonna keep on pushing through...
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #334  
Jenn

It's difficult at times, I k ow that I have had a lot of things happen during this time that would normally have derailed me, but somehow I hung in there. A lot was due to the support I received fromother people to encourage me to keep looking after myself and my needs while I dealt with the concerns of others. It helped. Let us know if ther is anything we can do!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #335  

The one thing I like about this diet is that, even when I can't follow it completely and to the letter, I have learned so much about food and how my body handles/processes it, I eat better than I would have had I not started with Dukan. I have already made some adjustments that I feel my body is ok with that aren't Dukan-okay'd. My daughter, who is very knowledgeable about lots of healthy eating information, was just having fits that I was using Splenda. We buy raw honey from beekeeper friends, and that has been our main sugar for the past few years. So, as I kept researching sugar alternatives myself, I decided that I was going to add raw honey back into my daily intake and just let my body adjust to it. It doesn't seem that it has harmed my diet at this point. I love that Dukan gives very detailed information on how to do this diet, but I also feel that sometimes we have to make the adjustments that work for us. So, even though we may go on a trip and I gain back a couple of pounds, I'm knowledgeable enough about what's going on to NOT get discouraged. It just will take me longer to lose this weight than it would have otherwise. Hang in there everyone! I also have my neighbor who read my book and is planning to start the attack phase on Thursday. Yeah!
firstdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #336  
Jenn

A little bit of something like raw honey is not going to be a problem. It is only when there is too many little things or the little thing keeps expanding that it is an issue. Paleo uses unprocessed honey effectively as well.

All other diets have ever taught me is that I do have amazing will power but even with that going hungry is not a way to live my life!

Was at the gym today, which was good. First sweat after a break away from the program though shows how much toxins build up in our bodies when we don't exercise OMG it stinks! And I showered before I went. Pheww!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Hey guys!

Just wondering, do you know how much weight someone loses on average per month on the dukan diet? I'm on the cruise phase (but have cheated the past few days!) and I'm unsure whether to start from attack again or continue with a cleaner diet?

I only lost 4 lbs this month last month was a lot better but we'll see. Happy to see so many Dukaners on here!!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #338  
Jenn

Hey hhm! It's a little thread at the moment, but growing.

Weight loss tends to vary and depends a lot on how much there is to loss. Generally healthy weight loss rates are about 1-2 pounds per week, and my experience was after I settled into cruise properly that was fairly consistent for me (I weigh in kilos and was pulling .8-1.2kg per week for a while) but it has slowed now that I am so far into it and I get about .5 (or a lb) per week most weeks. Saying that though, the rate does not always stay steady and will bounce on a day to day basis. Follow the trend eg record weekly, monthly, no matter how often you weigh in. It is easier to see the progress positively that way.

My rate would probably have been better if I had done any exercise, including the walking.

With Dukan part of it is about learning how to eat well consistently, so unless you are hitting plateau's while staying on plan then I would not suggest going back to an attack phase. Just take a deep breath whenever you go off plan and make the next choice a Dukan friendly one (and give yourself credit for doing so rather than punish yourself for the detour). It gets easier to stay clean on this program as the carb cravings keep getting smaller. It also helps that you can eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to not be hungry.

Your results sound good so far and will keep happening. Good to have you on board.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #339  
Jenn

Well, another week in and .8kg gone. Not too bad considering how far things have come since starting the journey. I've only got about 5kg to go so not much futher.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #340  

This isn't a well-visited thread, so many there aren't many of us working this diet. I was able to take off the last half pound to make it to 25! It seems like I reach a new low and then it takes a while to maintain that. I've not been doing well at having alternate days of protein only. I need to try to get back to that and take off the rest of the pounds I would like to lose. I'm excited to maintain what I've taken off, though, considering that I'm not being very faithful to the plan! Any new recipes to share anyone???
firstdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #341  
Jenn

I pop in a couple of times a week to see how things are going. There are more active forums around, but this is the only one on 3FC that I am aware of.

2 Tbsp oat bran
2 Tbsp skim milk powder
1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
Sweetener to taste
1 egg
3-4 Tbsp skim milk

Mix egg, milk first and then dry ingredients. It will be quite runny and it will rise. Microwave in the mug for about 3 minutes. I use more cocoa and very little sweetner. The recipe can be adjusted a fair bit for personal preferences.

Recipe wise you could try the thatbakergirl.com website.

The microwave oatbran bread recipe there is very good!

Well done on the extra half.

I actually find the protein days easy, though I use a lot of dairy on them and I do short blocks. It's the protein/veg days that cause me trouble as I seem to overeat in order to have the veg. Ah well, I am starting to think about consol options as that will be coming up soon I hope. Just under 5kg to go!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #342  
Jenn

Hi all

So am finding losses harder to get at this end of the program, but still hanging in there as it is not long to go now. This is the first time that there has been a stall in the weight loss while on plan so I am taking the pragmatic approach and weighting it out so to speak.

Sighs! - After all the weight I have lost I know this works but plateaus suck!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Hi everyone

So I'm back last year I calorie counted my way down... And then stopped going to the gym and stopped counting. Went back to eating breads and carbs like they're were gonna go out of fashion and pretty much ended back where I started.

While calorie counting DOES give me good results, I ended up getting tired of counting everything and keeping a food log on MFP. I also changed jobs and routines and that messed up my whole system.

Anyway, since I do love my veggies&meat I tried to find something effective that I could stick to without having to weigh everything I ate, and so... I voted Dukan.

I just started this week, July 1st, and today is my first cruise day Wooohooo! I lost 5 pounds in 5 days, but mainly water weight as I also tape measure myself and managed to lose between 1cm and 0.5cm on key areas.

BTW, from what I understood, I should keep my intake on PV days to one third Vegetable and 2 two thirds Protein, right? So basically two thirds of my food should be the same as the attack phase?

Had my first gallette today and it was wicked ;D I'll keep coming back to check-up on the site!

PS - more active forums... I only use dukaners. Any other recommendations?
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #344  
Jenn

Nice to see someone else around. The proportions for cruise sound about right, but it is basically whatever works for you. I eat less proteing on PV days because I eat fairly large amounts most days.

Down to a couple of kilos to g and then I will be in consolidation phase, so will have a whole heap of other foods to fit in. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Hi Electro!

Good to see someone who has persevered and is moving forward

I'm still in at the beginning... Today is day 13 of Dukan, my 1 week Cruise anniversary actually I've been eating a lot of protein on VG days, basically I add some vegetables to my lunch and might snack on a cucumber or something in the evening. I'm actually more on the Dukaners forum, as there here on 3FC there aren't so many people on DD.
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote