Old 06-04-2014, 12:53 AM   #451  
Get Fit Or Get Fatter

S/C/G: 160/132/121

Height: 5'7.5" (without my high bun)

Great idea Electro. I would love to see some yummy pics.
justai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:29 AM   #452  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

This one is close to my recipe, but they present theirs much more nicely than mine.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...recipe=1717533
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:53 AM   #453  
Get Fit Or Get Fatter

S/C/G: 160/132/121

Height: 5'7.5" (without my high bun)

Thumbs up

Thank you. I will try it after shopping next week.
justai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:47 AM   #454  
Jenn

Let me know how it goes. I usually drop by the thread on the weekends here so will catch up on the results with you.

Fortunately they are a little more forgiving than the haribo bear sugar free gummies!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

I've heard those Haribo ones cause some interesting tummy issues. Anyone experienced this?
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #456  
Jenn

Not haribos which seems to be dramatic, but I have overdone the artificial sweeteners in the past.

It's not fun. You will clean the pipes, but there is cramp, bloating and strange rumbling noises and emissions from multiple orifices!

So while some helps with feeling like a treat, too much is dangerous and the threshold is different for everyone

I am doing my PP day for for maintenance at the moment, a change in routine due to upcoming holidays!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. I do not have time to read the whole thread as I am leaving in a few minutes. I normally do basic low carb, but I just bought a used copy of The Dukan Diet and I'm going to read through it and see if this might be something I want to try. My weight loss needs a boost.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #458  

I read through a bit of the book this evening. It is similar to what I am doing now, mostly protein and veggies, but I don't do any all protein days, so it's something I could consider doing. I don't understand why there aren't many vegetables listed, such as cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts. These are veggies I eat often. Either way, I would not be able to start it probably until next week because I have some fresh vegetables I don't want to waste. When they are gone I will consider doing this plan.

Questions. Where do you buy Oat Bran?

How long of an Attack did you do?

And do you do the 1/1 or the 5/5 with the Cruise phase?
Old 08-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #459  

Ha Ha Ha! Here I am, talking to myself it seems. I know this thread does not get much activity. I have noticed that Dukan is not too popular in the US. I heard about it from another US poster on another thread. I think all the protein scares everyone away. The US seems to push low protein and most low carbers do Atkins.

I read more of the book this morning and I see that the actual list of veggies does include the ones I was asking about. Earlier in the book his mention of veggies seemed to be just salad veggies.

My biggest drawback to doing this is going to be DH. He fought me about how many eggs I eat until I got my labs done and my cholesterol was 125, then he had to shut up about it. He will fight me about eating mainly meat. I know it. If I were alone it would be a cinch. I love all meats and vegetables. My current WOE is a combination of Cruise and Consol, and I see that that's not how Dukan works. I eat mainly protein and veggies but do have some carb days here and there.

I'm going to go to the website and see what's there and find out what my True Weight would be. My personal goal is higher than most people would aim for, but as long as I lose enough to improve my health and fit into my smaller clothes I will be happy. I'm too old to be looking to be svelt again. That ship has sailed! LOL

I figure sooner or later someone other than me will check into this thread.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #460  

I guess everyone is gone. I have signed up at Dukaners and am getting some good information from posters there.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Hi Carol Sue! Dukaners.com crashed this week, so I stopped by over here to see if anyone shows up. I am still going strong in Stabilization Phase, but need to drop a couple of lbs. to get back to my happy place, which I call my AWR, or "acceptable weight range." What did you call yourself over at Dukaners.com? (Don't click those links, as they won't go to the right site).

Last edited by Valkyrie1; 08-18-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #462  

Dear Douger963,
My experience and my hubby is that the body doesnt build up an immunity. You may stall because of too much fat in a meat or not enough water or too much salt in something unknowingly. Switch your cottage cheese to fat-free and make sure your yogurt is 7gms of sugar. We love the new Yoplait Greek 100 in vanilla or key lime only..others have too much sugar. I add some cinnamon to the vanilla and also try freezing them for 1/2 hour for an almost ice cream effect. Watch out for hidden sauces on meats and poultry that you may buy and remove skin. Dukan is really the easiest diet in the world!!! You can really eat plenty of food. Good luck to you!
SweetPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #463  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie1 View Post
Hi Carol Sue! Dukaners.com crashed this week, so I stopped by over here to see if anyone shows up. I am still going strong in Stabilization Phase, but need to drop a couple of lbs. to get back to my happy place, which I call my AWR, or "acceptable weight range." What did you call yourself over at Dukaners.com? (Don't click those links, as they won't go to the right site).

Hi Valkyrie, I just stopped in to see if anyone had posted. I think I was PaCarolSue on Dukaners. I have sort of lost interest, mostly because I probably would not go as low fat as is required. It seems that when I enter my food into Fitday, fat is still my biggest category, even though I do not go out of my way to add additional fat. I still go over once in a while to read. I find that reading forums gives me tips that I can incorporate into my own plan, which is still my own low carb plan, tweaked to fit my lifestyle.

Good luck to you. If you are 10 lbs from goal you have done very well!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 AM   #464  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Hello, I'm so happy to see a Dukan thread here! My boyfriend and I started this 3 days ago, I'm down 5 pounds since starting which is why I'm staying more on track than I ever had with any diet! One the other hand my boyfriend hasn't lost any weight, could be with all the zero calorie soda's he's been drinking and lack of water, or he could be cheating I have no clue! Either way day 3 is almost complete out of the 7! I'm super excited to see the results after the 7 days.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #465  

MizTaCCen, unfortunately, this thread is not very active. Although I think Dukan would be a great plan for me, I don't think it would fit into my lifestyle with DH. He would NEVER do this plan! LOL

My advice to you, if this is working for you, stick with it. Don't worry about what your boyfriend is doing. That is up to him. Maybe seeing your success will win him over, but he has to want it.

Good Luck to you.