Old 05-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #436  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Hey ash. I am around but i usually post regularly on Dukaners so don't always get be here every day.

If then bathroom issue keeps up add some wheatgerm or psyllium husks to your diet.

You should be having regular PV days now where you have your veggies, that also helps as does the occasional green tea.

Overall your results look good. If you are doing daily weighing you will get bounces and fluctuations but the trend will continue down. Don't worry sbout them too much when they happen.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Thanks Electro! Drinking some green tea right now. I've been stalled on weight loss for a couple days after consistent losses the first week, hopefully the green tea helps!
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #438  

What is Dukaners? Would love the check it out.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #439  

Hi Ash,
Welcome! I am currently on the Dukan diet about 6.5 weeks really suits my eating habits. I've lost 23lbs so far another 18lbs to go.I don't get to post here very often maybe once a week.
Super_Slim_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #440  
Jenn

Dukaners.com is a Dukan specific website, it's helpful for advice and recipes. Unfortunately Ash, the plateaus happen to some extent on all diets, but I noticed that for me at least when things slowed down on the scales, I was still losing inches.

SSM, your results are inspiring! 23.5 Lbs is great, it must really be showing now.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #441  

Cheated yesterday... bad me... sweets and salty food. Scale was up this morning by a couple pounds as I'm sure I'm retaining a lot of water. PP day today and no salt, drinking tons of water, hopefully this gets things going again.

Thanks Electro! I'll check it out!

Last edited by Ash15+; 05-05-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #442  

After my cheat I have stopped losing for the last couple of days but I have been on plan so I'm waiting for a woosh!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #443  
Jenn

Ouch, the cheats really hit hard on this program, but getting straight back on plan is exactly the right response. The scales will respond again after the body has time to process the cheat foods out and get back to ketosis switching again. You ar doing well overall though and that is what counts,
Old 05-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #444  

Well major cheat weekend! I flew home for mother's day my sister and I took mum away to wine country, we spent the weekend drinking wine and eating delicious food. Worth it even though the scale is up a few pounds this morning because my sister announced she's expecting her first baby after 3 years of trying so super excited! Back on plan today and am going to do a couple PP days in a row to get myself back on track.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #445  
Jenn

Ash, sounds like an excellent weekend and what great news from your sister. I am glad you enjoyed yourself, that is something we need to take into account when making these changes, just jump back on the program ASAP and try not to end up punishing yourself with too many PP days in a row.

How is the overall weight loss going.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #446  

Seems like every weekend I get off track now. Just had family in town visiting for 4 days and was off track basically the entire time. Strangely enough though the scale was only up half a pound this morning which I consider really lucky. Back on track today, 13lbs to goal.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:16 AM   #447  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/147

Height: 5'10''

Hi again everyone!

I've been absent for a while as things have been a bit unstable for me (the move and a new job!) so I unfortunately went off plan a little. However, I didn't go mad with it and was still eating sensibly so I managed to maintain the losses I had already had. As it stands, I am down to just over 11 stone (155.6 lb) which is a total loss of 15lb with 8lb left to go . I've also noticed inches coming off which is great as I'm more concerned with that than the actual number on the scales!

So back on plan now and hopefully a little more present on the forum. How are you getting on everyone? SSM and Electro?

Mimi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #448  

It's been so quiet on here lately! I'm back on plan yesterday and today and showed some loss overnight. 12lbs to go!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #449  
Jenn

Welcome back Mimi, oh I love that the inches slide off so fast on this diet. It's important to monitor it as it is soooo motivating when the scales decide to hold steady.

Ash, nice work on the scales and getting back on track. I ended up working out a split that allowed me to have PP weekends all the time, and I was mainly PP on weekdays. It worked well for me SS weekends were just too social too often.

I am still dropping in each week, as I am about to move to stabilisation phase , phew almost 18 months of being (mainly) saintly. I don't think there will be many changes, I kind of like my way of eating now. It's sane, healthy and beat of all keeps a fairly stable scale!

Keep up the good work folks, it does pay off.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 PM   #450  
Jenn

Ok the thread seems to Hsve gone quiet again.

I've spent today making dukan friendly treats with the expectation of Tom around the corner. So far I have made sugar free gummy snakes. Two packets of sugar free jelly. Some extra gelatin (I use three tablespoons this time, but there is room to use less depending on your preferred texture) and. Cup of water.

I put all the dry In a saucepan at one and left it to 'bloom' sort of for 10 minutes. Then let it melt over low heat until it was liquid and dissolved. I am finding this gives a more gummy feel to the lollies than any other method I've tried. I poor them into a silicone mold because I can Snd pop it in the fridge for sbout 30 minutes until set.

You can make almost anything this way, I've done it using soft drink for flavors and extra gelatin, today I am using strawberry flavoring and milk to make little pudding lollies. They taste like strawberries and cream but mixed together and not layered.

I am instabilisation so can add extras, but wasn't too worried about fat content during cruise anyway. So I sm making chocolates with equal amounts melted coconut oil and cacao powder with some sweetener to taste. I found dissolving the sweetener by putting it in a hot saucepan first. The heat from the saucepan is enough to melt the oil (heat over boiling water if extra heat is needed) and then stirring in the cocoa. A touch of salt makes it even better. I did coconut flavors and shredded coconut to make an old childhood favorite of coconut roughs for this weeks treats.

This should allow me to address the bad cravings when they hit.

I find knowing I have things available makes it easy to put aside other options when they present themselves. Unlike most other cravings which I will address as intuitively as I can, Tom cravings are just crazy and indulging them is dangerous!