Old 02-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #376  

Sorry, I should have posted here but wasn't aware of this thread.
Sounds like this has worked for several of you.
I will be starting tomorrow even though I don't have the book yet. I will be coming here often.
Thanks so much for your posts.

Last edited by shabbyvintagelady; 02-21-2014 at 10:56 PM.
shabbyvintagelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #377  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

We may get this thread active again!

Go to mydukandiet.com for details on the different phases. It is one of the better online sources of information and recipes but get the book and read it through as soon as you can. The book is an easy read and the rules are simple, but you have o know them to make them work.

Last edited by Electro; 02-22-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #378  

Thank you, Electro. I have ordered the book and am going to start the plan today. I have been to the website and have entered my info in.
Hope this thread gets active again as this seems to be a great plan and works for many.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #379  

I just made the pancake for breakfast and it was very good. Will have chicken for lunch and hamburger/turkey pattie for dinner. I made a sauce with ff yogurt and a little mustard to go on my chicken and burger.
Have a great day.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #380  
Jenn

Sounds like a menu plan. Remember that in the first few days of attack the cravings can be quite intense as the blood sugar levels drop. Keep your fluids up and be prepared to eat a whole chicken if need be! The carb flu as they call it eases off after the third day or so and it gets a lot easier after that. Especially as veggies come back into play.

Did the dukan site give you an estimated period of attack!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #381  

Well, I made it through my first day feeling great. Since I lost 40# doing low carb, I am fairly used to eating like this - just minus the fat.

I have to check my blood sugar daily because I am prediabetic. The site gave me 2 days attack period, but I may do a few more days longer. Don't know, will just take it one day at a time.

You did really well on the plan. Did you have any problem with maintenance? That is what always concerns me.

Have a great evening.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #382  
Jenn

I had a 10 month maintenance which I am still doing.

I have maintained my weight through overseas travel, personal issues including medical emergencies in the family, my own medical issues interfering my my exercise routines and heaps of minor stuff. It gets easier ad it goes on. Others about the place are still dealing with some of the food issues that lead to the weight gain in the first place but most people who stay with the program through maintenance seem to keep it off fairly well.

People who skip the consolidation phase are a bit more hit and miss with keeping the weight off.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #383  

Good morning.

Happy to hear that the maintenance really worked for you, Electro.
I was down a # this morning, so think this is going to work for me, too.
Do you weigh daily or weekly?

Thanks for all of the info and hope you have a great day!!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #384  
Jenn

Shabbyvintagelady - what worked for me was to weigh in daily, despite the fluctuations (PV days mainly) but I charted my weekly loss only. This showed my consistent trend much better than then daily ping pong results.

I treated the daily weigh-ins as information only.

Good news on the scales for you today though. Hopefully the bloods come back good as well.

As to doing the attack for longer, don't stress too much about that. It ends up working out about the same over the long run.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #385  

Good morning to all.

Was down 3# this morning and will continue to weigh daily. This takes me down to my weight before I started this last "gaining period". Since my Attack phase was to be 2 days, I may do a PV today. Haven't decided if I will or do another PP day.

Been getting all of my water in with 44 oz of plain water in the morning and 44 oz of flavored water in the afternoon which would be 2.6 liters.

My blood sugar is doing pretty well. Was 85 yesterday and 93 this morning. Higher today because I ate later last evening and had beef and sometimes that raises it a little. I still feel stuffed this morning and not hungry at all. Loving this plan and will be glad when I get my book.

Food is great. Love the oat bran pancake and will get some wheat bran today. I plan on doing more recipes when I get time.

Have a great day.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Thumbs up

I'm glad you're doing so well. The Dukan really does work!!!!!
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #387  

Thank you.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #388  

Hello.
Have eaten on plan for 3 days doing Attack. Was up 3# from yesterday this morning. Has to be water. I think it was because I was gone yesterday and had most of my water later in the evening and also ate a little later than I normally do. My menu yesterday was: oat bran muffin with egg
chicken
piece of lean baked fish and ff sf yogurt
so I was definately on plan and eating the proper things and no salt.
Am going to start Cruise today with oat bran porridge, fish, lettuce salad and yogurt
I figured I should start Cruise today on account of probably needing some veggies.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate letting me know.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #389  

I failed to mention that I walked 1 hour and drank 88 oz water yesterday, too.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:49 AM   #390  
Jenn

You are probably right with the scale numbers, good to see you take it so well.

Starting cruise is always good, it's where the real work gets done.

I was pretty boring with my cruise days. I thing the most adventurous I got was diet cola chicken. Done right it did taste like chicken inbbq sauce.

Make sure you have a variety of veg over the PV days. I fell in love with cauliflower (makes a great fake rice), asparagus and baby spinach either as a salad or a warmed side dish.

Experiment and enjoy would be my suggestion.