Old 03-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Hang in there! Not losing weight for 5 days is not a problem. Just stick with the plan, and you will eventually start to lose again. If you have a plateau for a couple of weeks, you might want to tweak your diet a bit. I finally had to reduce dairy to only two cups total per day. Many people can eat to the one kg. limit of dairy with no problem, but I had to reduce it to keep losing.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:09 AM   #407  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

There are so many factors that keep the scales stuck at times, including that as we lose fat the body will compensate by filling the fat cells with fluid to keep them ready for more energy to store. This means a whoosh happens when the body gives up the idea of new fats arriving and let's the fluids go and the cells shrink.

Being female we can have hormone issues as well. Damm them!

Early cruise has adjustment times as a result, stick with it and we will help you review your menu if you want Mimi. But hopefully you are not at panic stations yet.

Hi val you should share your success story for Super.slim.

SSM you did well, it's hard being caught short on PP days! Fortunately there is usually some sort of chicken somewhere in a food court. Poor chickens, so many sacrificed for our cause!
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #408  

Hi Girls,
Great advise there, please keep it coming!!! I would love to hear your weight loss stories and photos, they really keep me going. So Tuesday was my weigh in and I was down 2lbs, HOWEVER have since regained them??? I am assuming it's my cycle as I have been so good, not cheated once and am running 3/4 times before work in the mornings, nothing too major maybe 4/5kms. My new way of thinking regarding the eating is.....sure what else would I be eating anyway??? Bread (and lots of it) and cheese eh no thanks that's what got me here in the first place. I'm not craving anything not feeling hungry at all, mon- sat I find easiest because I'm in work so have a very structured routine, however Sunday was a little challenging this week, I THOUGHT about food the whole day!!!!
How are you getting on mimi? Electra, Val how do you find things after reaching your TW, have you found it hard to maintain it? or has your brain been retrained and your attitude changed enough for it not to be a problem.
Oh just remembered I need to ask you long termers what would you do. It's my birthday at the end of the month and had arrange for hubby and myself to go for a meal (no prob there, I'll have fish) BUT I would really love a few drinks, I'd arranged (before my diet) a visit to an exclusive cocktail club, should I cancel, if I drink on my birthday will it really screw up my weight loss?
Super_Slim_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:27 AM   #409  
Jenn

I was similar SSM, during the work week I was fine but on weekends it was harder, so I set my PP/PV cycle so that I was always PV for the weekends. It gave a greater range of foods for me.mi also set up to have a massive cooked breakfast with yoghurts, eggs, dukan bread (I left a recipe for this on the thread earlier) and lots of lovely green food. It helped keep cravings mat bay while I was doing shopping etc.

I also drank during cruise, not much but I decided that considering how long I was going to be on the program I needed to work out how to handle a glass of wine here and there. It slowed down the losses, but never stopped it for more than a day or two. My suggestion is to only drink on a PV day (PP day head spins are shockers, the carb cravings are stronger and you cannot alleviate them with yoghurt or milk alone).

You will be drinker faster than usual on this diet and you may have carb cravings the next morning (again, I always went for a massive breakfast straight after). But if you are well fed before hand it makes it easier to keep the choices wise. Being on any program is always a balance of priorities. There will be other birthdays which means it can be argued that you should stay pop no matter what. Or you can decide that sometimes quality of life means allowing a well planned deviation on occasion as a means of not feeling deprived and derailing the overall effort.

As far as maintaining goes, it can be a bumpy road. I have lost a lot of weight, but went into consolidation at a high average weight as well, so I seem to find it easier than others who went into consolidation at lower weights. Even so I am still learning what my traps and triggers are on a regular basis, but my body is becoming more forgiving of the occasional blips. Consol is the equivalent of a refeeding program and is effective at letting me settle into a stable and balanced eating pattern that will help me long term.

That's my experience, but it is still about being very conscious about my choices. It's feeling more and more natural though.

By the way 4-5 kms in the mornings, nothing too major. Push! I'm doing 3km with intervals and think that is an effort!

Pre-time of month makes the scales do wonky things but it becomes part of the expected cycle of losses after a while.

You are doing well, enjoy.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 280/214.4/161

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I'm new here to this forum. I'm happy to find an active Dukan thread I've been on Dukan since the first of the year and am down 31.5 lbs so far. The Dukan site has my cruise phase lasting until July 20th, so I will be at this awhile and appreciate any support I can find

I'm looking forward to getting to know some new Dukan friends.

Sue
Sierrasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:29 AM   #411  
Jenn

Sue, that is a fantastic result. You must be so pleased and hopefully noticing a difference already.

Are you using the coaching, or did you just get the site to do the calculation for you.

The thread is getting a little bit more active and I can only hope that it continues to do so. I drop in every few days just to check it out. I am so happy with my results I do want to see others who start get a cheersquad to help support them.

There are great recipe threads on Dukaners.com if you haven't found them already. Also my Dukandiet.com.

Welcome!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #412  

Thanks for the welcome, Electro. There is a big difference in how I feel. I can now bend over to tie my shoes for one thing haha.

I started Dukan in January without coaching, but they made me a 1/2 price offer I couldn't refuse, so now I am part of their coaching program.

Thanks for the ideas for recipe sites. I mostly eat pretty plainly, as I'm not much of a cook but I've tried a few recipes here and there.

I had major surgery the end of February, so I'm working on getting my strength back still. And the whole process of having been on pain meds, etc. has taken a toll on me but I'm committed to reaching my TW and working a good consolidation program to keep my weight under control this time around.

Sue
Old 04-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/147

Height: 5'10''

Hi again everyone!

I've been off for a while as I have been busy with moving house but I'm back. After 11 days of no weight loss whatsoever, I am down 2lbs today! I did switch up the routine as I started to get frustrated and I just did PV days for 4 days straight, that seems to have helped with the stall.

I've also lost a couple of inches which is quite noticeable on my hips. I don't remember the last time I was at 11 stone, I've never been officially in the overweight category (BMI was 24 at the start) but I haven't felt comfortable for a while and have never really been able to lose (or gain!) weight. I'm so happy that this seems to be working for me!

SSM, how are you getting on with everything? Are you noticing a difference?

Last edited by Mimi123; 04-07-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Mimi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:41 AM   #414  
Jenn

Sue, as you add detail to your journey, your results become even more amazing. It would be so easy to give up and say you will do something about it all when the pain passes. The shoes are a very good Non Scale Victory.

Mimi, I haven't seen anyone doe PV days to shift a plateau, that is a great idea. Hopefully e move went well. It can be so stressful and unfortunately being stressed often creates stalls so things should be a bit easier now, hopefully.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #415  

Hi everyone,
Back after after a mental work week!
Welcome to the forum Sue and what an amazing loss. Do you feel that the personal coaching has helped? Mimi, I like you seemed to have stayed the same for days on end and I was getting a little demotivated :-( but I didn't cheat and stayed with the programme. I'm down a total of 16lbs, but still feel a little disappointed as 11lb of that was off within the first 10 days so only 5lbs over last two weeks and i did a 10km last sunday. HOWEVER I am still sticking to the programme, I am finding things a little more difficult now though, twice this week I had to stay in work and had no lunch with me, we don't have the option to go out and get something, so rather than buy something out of the food vending machine, I went without and ate as soon as I got home. I am drinking tons and tons of water, and while the scales isn't dropping as quickly as i'd like, my clothes are definitely looser and I'm back to a comfortable size 12. My mini achievements for this week were I brought my children to McDonalds for a treat (they only get this about once a month) and I had a diet coke!!!, I visited the bakery for my mum, bought the children fresh white bread rolls hot out of the oven for lunch (btw I love bread) and made them lunch I really really really wanted a roll (first craving on the diet, took all my strenght to pass). Mini goal this week, my friend invited me and the children to go away to her holiday home for a couple of nights, I am dreading it as I don't want to lapse on my diet, and for some reason I'm not overly comfortable telling her I'm on the diet either. I told her already I wasn't drinking because I'm off it for "lent" but the food what to do what to do??? On a good note though, my sister has started the dukan and is flying with it, I've noticed the results on her already.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #416  
Jenn

It can be hard telling people that you are on a diet, especially one that draws as much controversial comments as Dukan does. I just pointed out to people that I was detoxing off sugars and grains and using a high protein approach to healthy eating. Ialso pointed out that my diet choice was based on reducing my high trygliceride ( blood sugar) counts and bringing my insulin resistance under control as well as loosing weight which I could not do on a low cal, high carb diet. Besides, when they see how much you can eat, how often and that all of the food choice are lean, clean foods then they will settle down a bit. Good friends will just be supportive of you making healthy choices.

If things get too hard try having PP days and PV evenings, this will stop you from gaining at least and make it easier to get back to normal when you return.

I know that my experience and that of others is that Dukaan does shrink our size better than some other programs. It seems to happen that every time the weight loss slows down while we are on plan, we start to see the changes in size happening. It's like our body will either lose weight or shrink those fat cells down. It doesn't seem to do both at once. Keep measurements as well as weights, it helps with motivations.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 AM   #417  

Thanks Electro,
I really appreciate the advise and support, and I rely on the experts ie you guys you have gone through this programme sucessfully . She knows I'm going on holidays so I'll just say that I'm not straying off my healthy eating, the problem is that we'll be eating in her home, it's farily isolated so no eating out, but that means frozen foods, ie, chips, pizza etc, it's not that I can't say no I can take or leave that type of food, it's just that there won't be any other choice. I've decided to bring down some food, I'm going to cook us (the adults) a couple of nice dinners and bring them down as my "treat". The thing is that she is a good bit bigger than me and even though I'm weighing in at 11"6 (down another pound since last post) I actually don't look as heavy as that, I carry my weight well so it's not that she won't be supportive it will just be that she'll say I don't need to loose any weight. I will start measuring myself and chart those changes too. Thanks for the reply Electro.
So how is the maintence going for you? Mimi, sue how have you all been getting on?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #418  

Thanks Super Slim Me and Electro. I do find the coaching helpful. I'm able to email questions whenever I want and the coaches answer back promptly. And I have access to a lot more info on the Dukan website.

I had a new layer of difficulty added to my journey last week. It was discovered I have 2 large kidney stones that are giving me trouble and my Dr. said I need to cut back on meats, fish, chicken, eggs, etc. In other words, all the proteins that have given me successful weight loss so far

So I am now looking into doing a vegetarian or vegan version of the diet. I've been warned weight loss could be slower but I'm quite determined to press on and give it my best try. There have been others I've found online who have been able to use meat substitutes for protein with success so here I go.

Wish me luck.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 AM   #419  

god Sierrasue,
That's awful :-( Are the kidney stones a side effect of the diet ? I love your determination, I don't think I could manage a vegan/vegetarian diet myself, though with the back up of the coaching the transisition might be easier? Keep us up to date.
So I had my few nights away, I brought food but my friend had a roast chicken dinner ready for us when we arrived!!! I just had the chicken though, but she did comment "was that it" but I told her I had eaten before we left. Managed fine morning with my oat bran, had salmon (with salad but no dressing) for lunch and dinner I had homemade dukan friendly chilli con carne, but my friend inisted I had rice, with I did a small portion, the rice was my only non duakn food, but I've had two pp days since to balance. I missed my "weigh in" on tuesday so waited until Wednesday morning, down 2lbs so in total I have lost 18lbs!! Only another 5lbs to go and I'm into another stone range, which I am delighted with, so I am really really happy with the results so far.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:27 AM   #420  
Jenn

SSM it's great you got throughout the weekend so well. You must be proud of yourself for that acheivement. I am looking forward to seeing get your next mini goal. We will happy dance with you.

sierrasue ouch! Does the doctor know what type of stones you have (calcium or uric) as that determines what types of diet changes you need to make. Doing a vegan version is possible, you do get to eat more legumes and pulses as well as various soy products, so it can be done. That would limit the formation of uric stones. But if it is calcium stone that needs different diet changes. but your determination is awesome!

I am loving consol btw, at phase two it's like there are no restrictions anymore (there are, but I am so used to this now it is my norm). I am looking forward to being able to have wine outside of a celebration meal, but that is about all and to be honest, it will be well after the end of consol before my health issue resolves enough to allow it. I've been doing this for almost 10 months so I am used to consol by now.

Keep on Dukanning!