Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 250/188/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaF View Post
UGH--I'm stuck! Stuck for two weeks, and the scale isn't budging. I've been super busy, and my meal times haven't been "on", but I haven't eaten anything off program. Drinking my water, taking my supplements, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's stress? I'm sick of excuses though, ya know? So I'm stressed--I'm gonna be, it's life. Does that mean the scale won't ever move?

I know EXACTLY how you feel, but I have been having a hard time for like 2 months. Hang in there, and I will too. Okay?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeenoflimbs View Post

I know EXACTLY how you feel, but I have been having a hard time for like 2 months. Hang in there, and I will too. Okay?
OMG--2 months??? I don't know if I can hang that long. I mean, I WILL, but I won't want to. I'm not giving up--I just get frustrated.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi Deb..
We are here for you.. Do you still go to the center? Wishing you the best of luck in your 8 pound challenge.

Patzi
No, I tend not to because I've had to modify my plan so much for building muscle and exercising. It's worked great until I had a few weeks of just not paying attention. I'm giving myself this week - if I can't stick to metabalance, I'm back in the center on Monday. Also, my 15 year old daughter is really wanting to lose some weight. She's 5'4" and 150. I've not made any mention of doing a "diet," just helping her with healthy food choices, etc. But, I think she needs more accountability from someone who is NOT her mom! MRC has a kid/teen program that I'm looking into. It's more flexible/more calories. It's about teaching them to make healthy choices. I may take her in with me next week - just sooooo worried about the "my mom put me on a diet at 15 and I've never had a healthy view of my weight again" mentality that so many people seem to have! Any ideas anyone? She's very open to the possibility.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I thought this was a fantastic article. I especially like the "splurges have a short shelf life" slide.

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2011/06...lide=1#slide=1

Last edited by hatethesweatpants; 06-16-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #185  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemama View Post
Today was my first weigh in after 4 days, it's so hot here (98) in FL I felt bloated and wasn't sure I had lost anything, but I did lost 4.5 lbs.!

She gave me my new diet plan to follow, so now I am more motivated! I get yogurt! I am drinking 64-80 oz. right now, she said that was good and with this new menu I shouldn't get as hungry as I have been the last 4 days, wow, was it hard! One night I almosted slipped and ate something, but hubby said no way babe, lets go swim at the gym and that did help curve my cravings. Kudo's to DH!

I do have a simple question, help on signature, I tried to change it to reflect my weight loss by typing in over the already created html form, I typed 225.5 but after I save it, it shows a 5 lbs. loss? What am I doing wrong??? Thanks for all your help.
Congrats on the weight loss!!! Another option for the signature is to use Ticker Factory. They are 3FC approved and will let you do your weight in tenths. I use them and they are very easy to do and more variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie04 View Post
And as for me: I just came back from weighing in for the week. I lost a whopping 3 pounds (good for me) and finally hit (and surpassed) the 90 pound mark. I am on cloud 9 right now!
90 pounds is just incredible!!! Thanks for inspiring so many of us!

Quote:
UGH--I'm stuck! Stuck for two weeks, and the scale isn't budging. I've been super busy, and my meal times haven't been "on", but I haven't eaten anything off program. Drinking my water, taking my supplements, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's stress? I'm sick of excuses though, ya know? So I'm stressed--I'm gonna be, it's life. Does that mean the scale won't ever move?
If you're completely on plan, have you been watching your sodium intake? In addition to what others have said, that will also cause you to retain water and appear to be heavier on the scales than you really are. Also, my counselor just told me Monday that if I were to stall and things are going, to have them do a new body composition to see what the numbers say. It might me a case where you're losing fat but gaining muscle which is heavier. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgirl View Post
whoo hoo...Just got back from my weigh in.....down 4.4 lbs...I was so stoked, 3.8 lbs to go till 20 lbs lost..........
4.4 pounds? That's huge!!!! Keep it up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling Nicole View Post
Weighed in today and faced the scale. Birthday beer and cake showed a one pound gain. I am determined to do stabalization and be in maintance by the end of July. In August we have a big trip planned to Montana and I would really like to have more options.
Hope everyone is using that will power muscle and having some on plan days!
I'd say that one pound was completely worth it. You can totally do this!!! Stay strong. You're almost there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
Weighed in this morning... lost 3.5 so I'm down 46.5! Can't wait to sign the 50 board.
Another big loss! What a great feeling! You'll be signing that board before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeenoflimbs View Post
I have been on Metabolic since October of 2010. So far I am down 70ish pounds total (only 45 since the start of Metabolic). I am having a SUPER hard time right now. It's so frustrating. I have been taking MRC6, Cortitrim, Guggul, Flax seed oil, olive oil, and a multi vitamin.

My issue is going off plan. I was so motivated until about March and then I just "treated" myself to whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

SOMEONE HELP!!
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now. I find that whenever I'm that far off the plan, I have to go back to square one. For me, there's no other way around it. Back to Days 1 - 10 menu plan to "re-discipline" myself and then I'm usually ok after that. Also, this board has been a tremendous help. It keeps staying OP front and center in my mind. Good luck and we're here whenever you need support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
I may take her in with me next week - just sooooo worried about the "my mom put me on a diet at 15 and I've never had a healthy view of my weight again" mentality that so many people seem to have! Any ideas anyone? She's very open to the possibility.
Hey, Debi! While I don't have a teenager (I'm approaching the terrible 2's with my daughter), I have watched my mom and sister stuggle with mom trying to help and my sister taking it the wrong way. In the end, while my mom would steer my sister a certain way, she always had to make it seem like it was my sister's idea. My only suggestion of taking your daughter with you, would be under the assumption that y'all are there just for you. If the counselors bring up the Meta-Kidz progam, it looks like their idea, not yours, and it may go over better. Good luck!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 163/154/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hello!

I went to weigh in today...only 1.5 lbs down (seems to be my signature) BUT I am good with it!

I have been attending a workshop out of town all week and have eaten out 4 days in a row - and I still LOST!! I am excited that I was able to make the best of an off plan situation!

Now that I am home for the summer and can focus on me I am really going to try and step up my loss rate! I think I can do it!!!

Down 10 lbs total so far!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats to each of you . . . it sounds like things are going well and everyone is either on track or getting back on track!

WI yesterday and lost 2 lbs which means I am down 37.5 so far. Hoping to sign the 40 lb board Saturday.

Mariah
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #188  

Hi...
Junie... How awesome is 90 pounds.. You have done a wonderful job.What an inspiration you are to us all.

RaRaF.. Ask your consultant about the Meta Quick for a stall. It has worked for me every time I have used it.. Bring your journal in to the consultant to have her/him see what the problem is and have you work this out..

Jmgirl... Great weight loss.

pnvomaha Great loss.. The 50 lb. board is right around the corner.

thequeenoflimbs ... I would start at the beginning of my plan, and just start all over, to see if you can start losing again and stay motivated.. I also would speak with my consultant about this and see what he/she suggests. Try to hang in there, as this is a great program, and we are here for you.

Jen, glad you are on your way to the 30 pound board. You are doing great.

I weigh in tomorrow... Will report back then.

Patzi
Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Height: 5'8"

WI today and lost 1.5lbs. Yay! I'm not stuck anymore

So--I've NEVER tested positive for fat burn. It's been neg. every single time. Anybody know if that's normal? My center says yes, that some people never show it, but it's kind of a sinking feeling every time I see that negative.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

Running out of money! ;( Have any of you had this problem? What do you do?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #191  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I've cancelled my netflix, reduced my cable channels to basic and don't get the boys groomed as often. It's the little things that can add up.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #192  
Started program June 2010

Thank you Patzi!!

Quote:
WI today and lost 1.5lbs. Yay! I'm not stuck anymore

So--I've NEVER tested positive for fat burn. It's been neg. every single time. Anybody know if that's normal? My center says yes, that some people never show it, but it's kind of a sinking feeling every time I see that negative.
I have NEVER showed a positive for fat burn either. They've always said it was "good".
Old 06-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Quote:
oh I hear ya.........I was not doing this plan when I got my new car and now I need new clothes too = I am broke as a joke.....I just keep plugging through.........I am open to suggestions also!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #194  

Hello..
I weighed in today and was shocked to have gained 2 pounds on maintenance. I never went off program and added nothing different from Tuesday to Friday. They checked body fat and said I lost 2 since May and that is the reason, well, I don't think so, I gained two pounds since Tuesday. I decided that I will go back to basics till I get the 2 pounds off.. So frustrating at times, but I have done it before. Just venting..

Congrats to all that lost weight.

Patzi
Old 06-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #195  

Height: 5' 5"

Hubby made me mad last night. I ended up eating a peanut butter sandwich and a cup of ice cream. Whoops!
Closed Thread