Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Well I have played all weekend and not done much and drank some cocktails...Oh and it is Czech festival weekend so friday I indulged in one of their awesome sandwiches, all pretty decent for me except the bun...much to my dismay this morning I am up 3.4 since my wed weigh in....so today started Meta Quick and will do for 3 days...hoping this helps my stupid indulgences I gave into!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #212  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Teacherlady..
Glad to have you back. You look fantastic.. So happy to hear you enjoyed your trip. Very nice scenery there. Are you on maintenace or stabilization now? I know you had started stabilization but can't recall if you finished the 6 stages before you left for vacation.

Candi..
Way to go on the size 16.. You are so dedicated on this program, and am so happy when this happens .. It gives one a great high. Enjoy your new capris.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day..

Patzi
Hi Patzi!
I started Week 5 the day we left town, and I decided to stay on week 5 for two weeks, since everything was going to be kind of mixed up while I was traveling for 10 days. I start week 6 this Tuesday.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #213  

Height: 5' 5"

I had an unexpected weigh in at lunch. 2 pounds!!!!! I'm only 1 pound away from the pregnancy weight being gone and signing the 30 pound board!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #214  
Started May 16, 2011

S/C/G: 194.4/189.2/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Jen! That is awesome!

I am back on plan after a couple crazy weeks of clinics. Working 14 hour days is not helpful to keeping on the diet. Hoping things start to chill out for me. On another note, I have started making burgers out of ground buffalo and I love it!

Hope y'all are having an awesome month. Hope to get on here more.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

Weighed in today and am officially ready to start maintance AGAIN! Back down to 133 and have a new attitude about it.
I have spent the past week and a half clearing out the entire house. My closet is almost completely bare, the baby toys are making their way out, and I am finding new life in my drab home. I feel renewed and am ready for this new challenge. Hope everyone finds that same spirit!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

You are all so inspiring! This weekend we attended a graduation party for someone at church and I despireately wanted to eat the chocolate mints that were out on the table - but I did not and I am so proud of myself !! Hubbie decided to eat out that night and I stayed OP and even made it through his carb packed father's day dinner. . . Wednesday is the end of my first 17 week session and I'm still a bit emotional about not losing the 50 lbs that were "promised" though I hope it will be a loss of a little over 40 lbs by then. I am feeling pride for what I've accomplished, mixed with shame and guilt even though I have been OP with the exeption of 1 "cheat" for the past 17 weeks, anger because my body is not cooperating, impatience because it is going slower than anticipated, disappointment but also hope because I know the plan wokrs. In the past I would have just grabbed the icecream and given up - so things are definately changing for the better - I just need to be a little more patient with myself. - I still have another 17 weeks that I purchased in the beginning and the center has made it very clear that I will not have to buy extra weeks because I have been OP so it's not about money - I think it's is just a bit of disappointment that it is taking longer than I had hoped for.

Rxgirl - Congrats on the loss!

Teacherlady - thanks for sharing the pics, you look so great! Hubbie and I would like to go to Alaska at some point (probably when the kids are older or gone) and I want to be fit enough to really enjoy the trip and being active outdoors! You are a great inspiration!

Patzi - you are always such a wonderful help.

Candi - I'm so glad your trip was a success and congrats on the size 16! I'm not there yet, but my 18s are just starting to loosen so it won't be much longer.

jmgirl - Just get right back OP and those extra pounds will be gone in no time - Metaquick sounds like a great idea.

strugglingnicole - I know it's been a hard few months but am glad to hear that you have a new attitude and that you are back ready to start maintenece again. Congrats!

Mariah
Old 06-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #217  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffour View Post
You are all so inspiring! This weekend we attended a graduation party for someone at church and I despireately wanted to eat the chocolate mints that were out on the table - but I did not and I am so proud of myself !! Hubbie decided to eat out that night and I stayed OP and even made it through his carb packed father's day dinner. . . Wednesday is the end of my first 17 week session and I'm still a bit emotional about not losing the 50 lbs that were "promised" though I hope it will be a loss of a little over 40 lbs by then. I am feeling pride for what I've accomplished, mixed with shame and guilt even though I have been OP with the exeption of 1 "cheat" for the past 17 weeks, anger because my body is not cooperating, impatience because it is going slower than anticipated, disappointment but also hope because I know the plan wokrs. In the past I would have just grabbed the icecream and given up - so things are definately changing for the better - I just need to be a little more patient with myself. - I still have another 17 weeks that I purchased in the beginning and the center has made it very clear that I will not have to buy extra weeks because I have been OP so it's not about money - I think it's is just a bit of disappointment that it is taking longer than I had hoped for.

Mariah
Hang in there Mariah - I am in the same boat, completely sticking to plan except for maybe once or twice in the past 17 weeks and I'm still sitting at 31 lbs lost. I was able to obtain the new menu for 250 and under but noticed there wasn't much of a change except no snack. My 17 weeks is over, I have three comp weeks but I won't be able to re-enroll until Sept (hopefully after we've bought a house). So I guess I'm going to continue to struggle without my support team and see how it goes. This is a good test run for real life I suppose.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #218  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Well... so much has happened! My mom moved in with me because of issues with her boyfriend of 10 years. I feel like I've gone back to Jr. High with the way they are both acting but I will always be on my mom's side and I really want to take care of her. Anyway, her boyfriend was supposed to take her down to the Andrew's Institute in Gulf Breeze, FL for foot surgery, which is 6/27/11.

My mom has been living in constant pain for years because of her feet and has had 3 surgeries on the left foot & 2 on the right. This trip will make her 3rd surgery on her right foot. She currently has metal screws & plates in there because of her last bone fusion but she also has nerves that are severely damaged, which is what is causing all the pain. The doctor will go in to remove all the metal and deaden some of the nerves.

Now that this mess has happened with her boyfriend, I will be taking her to Pensacola. We are staying at a Mainstay so it has a kitchen in the room (thank goodness) but I will be there for a week. We are driving down there, leaving this Saturday.. stopping off probably in Vicksburg, MS and then driving the rest of the way on Sunday. This really isn't a vacation, because I will be taking all my work stuff with me and working while she sleeps and recoops. Then we will leave to drive back the next Saturday.

So I'm a little stressed this week. I went to the center this morning for a WI. I was afraid if I did Tuesday/Friday, like I have been, that come Friday I would be so busy and not be able to make it in. Plus, Thursday will be my 90th day. Which means I will get my measurements done on Thursday. I only lost .5lbs over the weekend but figured it was stress and the fact that I'm still sore from all the lifting I did in Joplin this weekend.

A good thing about going to Pensacola/Gulf Breeze is - my dad lives in Pensacola. I will be able to visit with him a couple of days once I have mom situated at the hotel. I haven't seen him in about a year. He's seen my picture updates on facebook but I'm kinda looking forward to him seeing me in person.

That's about it for now. Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 242/222/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello and good monday! I was BAD BAD on Saturday I ate 3 chicken Taco at Supper......with chips and salsa. I gained 0.7lbsthe next day, this morning back down. I took some extra B6, increased water and exercising. I dont know WHY I decided to go off plan, but I caved. Thing is, the Tacos werent that good, they were REALLY salty which is funny, becuase before I probably would have put more salt on them. And,an hour later.....I could have cared less if I had Tacos or Tilapia, so lesson learned, cheats arent worth it, and I will be good now My plan for this week is to add an extra HNS daily and exercise atleast 30 min daily. I will see if the scale is nice to me on Saturday....I sure hope so! My goal is 3 lbs a week, more would be soooooo nice, less makes me mad.
After I reach the200 mark ( I still have a while, just curious) do you get more options or less?
I also am curious about Metaquick? My center has not even mentioned thisto me, should I ask??
Old 06-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #220  

Mariah you mentioned not meeting the desired amount that they told you at the end of 17 weeks.. I sometimes wonder why they tell people that. I did not meet it, either, as a matter of fact, I had to reinroll twice, I had so many stalls. They promised me 2 pounds a week, but that was not so with me, I was lucky to take off 1/2 pound some weeks... I would suggest reinroll, if you can, and go form there. I was so emotional also,as I was so looking forward to it, and I had some gains during that time, even though I was OP at all times. The weight you lost is a good weight loss. I don't want you to be
setback emotionally like I was for not getting there in time, as it will all turn out, just a bit longer. I have 4 friends on MRC in different parts of the country, and only one that is on the program we can't talk about, met her required weight when the center told her...The other three had to reinroll and made it second time. I am only one that had to reinroll twice to get to that point.

I did tell the Center, they should not tell people they are going to lose certain amount of weight each week, and then the person does not, as it is a very disturbing situation for someone trying so hard in this difficult challenge.

Hang in there, it will come, I promise, and you are so dedicated, I want you to make it.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 06-20-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #221  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing skinny View Post
Hello and good monday! I was BAD BAD on Saturday I ate 3 chicken Taco at Supper......with chips and salsa. I gained 0.7lbsthe next day, this morning back down. I took some extra B6, increased water and exercising. I dont know WHY I decided to go off plan, but I caved. Thing is, the Tacos werent that good, they were REALLY salty which is funny, becuase before I probably would have put more salt on them. And,an hour later.....I could have cared less if I had Tacos or Tilapia, so lesson learned, cheats arent worth it, and I will be good now My plan for this week is to add an extra HNS daily and exercise atleast 30 min daily. I will see if the scale is nice to me on Saturday....I sure hope so! My goal is 3 lbs a week, more would be soooooo nice, less makes me mad.
After I reach the200 mark ( I still have a while, just curious) do you get more options or less?
I also am curious about Metaquick? My center has not even mentioned thisto me, should I ask??
After the 200 lb mark, the only thing that changes is that your protein serving goes from 6 oz to 4oz. Everything else pretty much stays the same. Which makes sense--the more weight you lose, the less calories you need. I was actually relieved to drop my protein down--I was starting to get so full after those big servings.

You don't start to add back options until stabilization. Part of that is because you can't add them back when you are still actively losing--partly because it gets more difficult to lose (sorry--I know that's not what you want to hear) the closer you get to goal. I found that I had to work out more and watch my measurements and choices much more carefully in order to continue losing at a decent rate.

Don't worry about metaquick unless you are in a complete stall on your weightloss. I would wait a week or two after your "cheat" weekend you just had (it takes a few days to a week for the body to recover from cheats sometimes), and if you stall out again THEN I would ask about metaquick. My center was pretty negative about trying metaquick, though, so they may not approve of you doing it. I ended up doing it without telling my center to brek my stalls.

Quote:
Mariah you mentioned not meeting the desired amount that they told you at the end of 17 weeks.. I sometimes wonder why they tell people that. I did not meet it, either, as a matter of fact, I had to reinroll twice, I had so many stalls. They promised me 2 pounds a week, but that was not so with me, I was lucky to take off 1/2 pound some weeks... I would suggest reinroll, if you can, and go form there. I was so emotional also,as I was so looking forward to it, and I had some gains during that time, even though I was OP at all times. The weight you lost is a good weight loss. I don't want you to be
setback emotionally like I was for not getting there in time, as it will all turn out, just a bit longer. I have 4 friends on MRC in different parts of the country, and only one that is on the program we can't talk about, met her required weight when the center told her...The other three had to reinroll and made it second time. I am only one that had to reinroll twice to get to that point.

I did tell the Center, they should not tell people they are going to lose certain amount of weight each week, and then the person does not, as it is a very disturbing situation for someone trying so hard in this difficult challenge.

Hang in there, it will come, I promise, and you are so dedicated, I want you to make it.

Patzi
I had to re-enroll twice. It was really disheartening, too. I even lost over thanksgiving and Christmas, but still didn't make goal by March because I hit a MAJOR stall through most of January and February.

Ask if they are going to be running any re-enrollment specials that they know of--especially with the upcoming 4th of July weekend. Those are the best times to get in on the re-enrollments, and that's what I did. Otherwise, I would have had to walk away due to how prohibitive the costs can be when not on sale.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #222  

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2btxgrl View Post
Hang in there Mariah - I am in the same boat, completely sticking to plan except for maybe once or twice in the past 17 weeks and I'm still sitting at 31 lbs lost. I was able to obtain the new menu for 250 and under but noticed there wasn't much of a change except no snack. My 17 weeks is over, I have three comp weeks but I won't be able to re-enroll until Sept (hopefully after we've bought a house). So I guess I'm going to continue to struggle without my support team and see how it goes. This is a good test run for real life I suppose.
We are here no matter what - you are not on your own . . . but in reading my contract and talking with my consultants Metabolic has a Weight Loss Guarantee that states " If after adhering to the terms and conditions of the program, you fail to lose the amount of weight set forth above by the dates given, MRC will continue your program without additional change for our services until you have lost the desired amount of weight" My consultant actually reminded me of this, but I would ask about it at your center so you may not have to "struggle without the support of your team".

Mariah
Old 06-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #223  

Quote:
Mariah you mentioned not meeting the desired amount that they told you at the end of 17 weeks.. I sometimes wonder why they tell people that. I did not meet it, either, as a matter of fact, I had to reinroll twice, I had so many stalls.

The weight you lost is a good weight loss. I don't want you to be
setback emotionally like I was for not getting there in time, as it will all turn out, just a bit longer. I have 4 friends on MRC in different parts of the country, and only one that is on the program we can't talk about, met her required weight when the center told her...The other three had to reinroll and made it second time. I am only one that had to reinroll twice to get to that point. Patzi

Patzi - Thanks for the advise - I actually bought 2 sets of 17 weeks when I started because they were on sale - so I am not going anywhere - just full of emotion as I approach my "first deadline". I've been watching for the 10 weeks to go on sale because I will need them to get to my final goal - I just could not afford to buy them all at the start. My center has been really great and made it clear that they guaranty that weight loss and I will not have to buy more weeks until I hit the promised goal (as long as I continue to stay OP). I was just really surprised at the huge range of emotions I am feeling . . . the good and the bad. Thanks so much for the encouragement.

Teacherlady - thanks for sharing about having to re-enroll it really helps me to know I am not alone and this is not a sign of failure (I know this in my head, but sometimes my heart takes a little longer to believe this).

Candi - You have so much going on right now and having your Mom move in is a major change, but you have such a great attitude! I hope you enjoy your "working vaccation" and you should be excited about seeing your dad in person, I hope it is a fun, relaxing time . . . 0.5 lbs loss is still moving in the right direction and with all the changes in your life in the last couple of weeks I think you are doing great!

Mariah
Old 06-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #224  

If y'all recall, I weighed in Friday and gained two pounds, no reason, as I did nothing Off program for maintenance.. Weighed in today and lost 1 pound. Way I did it was go back to basics adding nothing in for maintenance.

Soooo, Friday I ate OP on the Meta Slim last menu, Satuday did Meta Quick, and a regular meal at night, Sunday, ate regular during day and ate out at night with a fat & carb blocker, and stayed OP and Monday did Meta Quick, and regular meal at night. Tried to eat fish nights as that helps me with weight loss and ate no fatty fish like salmon, etc.

Hope I can take other pound off Friday, but if not, as long as it is not a gain I will be ok.

Hope everyone is having a great day, and all that weighed in have a good loss.

Patzi
Old 06-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #225  
Started Aug 2010

So, I did Metaquick on Saturday, my regular workouts and eating Sunday/Monday, and on weigh-in today I dropped the 3.5 lbs I gained during the trip!

My consultant must have been right, most of the gain was probably just water weight and constipation.

Patzi-- congrats on dropping the lb you had gained. I start week 6 of stabilization tomorrow, and I'm finally letting go of my anxiety about my ability to maintain this weight.
Closed Thread