Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Default back on track

So last week I ended up in the hospital for an allergic reaction to an anitibiotic was put on another one, plus steroids and it was TTOM....so needless to say I was happy with a .2# loss this week all things considered...the good news is that according to my scale I am down about 3 lbs from my wednesday weigh in....all of those people that can weigh in whenever they want are really really lucky...I too participate with a sattellite center and only can weigh once a week....no such thing as lb boards to sign or anything .....it isn't very personal....consider yourselves lucky....I got a glass rock with a 10 written on it for my first 10lbs.......Also wish that I could drink some of those cappacinno drinks you guys are talking about...but on Meta Slim some of those aren't allowed after the first 10 days!!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgirl View Post
Also wish that I could drink some of those cappacinno drinks you guys are talking about...but on Meta Slim some of those aren't allowed after the first 10 days!!
Do you mean you can't have them until after the first 10 days? After day 10 you should be able to have any of the HNS supplements you choose (though you are limited to 1 creamy a day and crips no more than twice a week).

Mariah

Last edited by momoffour; 06-10-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Candi,

You are the queen of willpower!

No wonder you're melting away!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffour View Post
Do you mean you can't have them until after the first 10 days? After day 10 you should be able to have any of the HNS supplements you choose (though you are limited to 1 creamy a week and crips no more than twice a week).

Mariah
if you look at the recipes in the cookbook some of the drink recipes are only for days 4-10...I got told by my center that after day 11 you can't use those recipes then...
Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #125  

Height: 5' 5"

Woohoo!!!! 25 pounds gone!!! I am officially halfway to my goal according to my chart. The counselors set a goal for me of 150, but personally, that's my minimum goal. I would like to see how far past that I can go.

On top of that, I went to my cardiologist on Monday, and although he didn't take me off any blood pressure medicine (I started out on 11 BP pills a day after the birth of my daughter), he was ecstatic with my progress. He promised me he would take me off the 2 additional pills I'm still taking and leave me on one a day if I can get to 160 by my next appointment in December. I've got 6 months to lose 15 pounds. I can't wait to surprise him and be way below that next time I see him.

Here's a couple of shots to show my progress so far. The first one was taken about 3 1/2 months after my daughter's birth. I think I was about 210-215 there. The other was taken at my brother's wedding 3 weeks ago.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Before and Halfway.pdf (61.6 KB, 44 views)
Old 06-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Woohoo!!!! 25 pounds gone!!! I am officially halfway to my goal according to my chart. The counselors set a goal for me of 150, but personally, that's my minimum goal. I would like to see how far past that I can go.

On top of that, I went to my cardiologist on Monday, and although he didn't take me off any blood pressure medicine (I started out on 11 BP pills a day after the birth of my daughter), he was ecstatic with my progress. He promised me he would take me off the 2 additional pills I'm still taking and leave me on one a day if I can get to 160 by my next appointment in December. I've got 6 months to lose 15 pounds. I can't wait to surprise him and be way below that next time I see him.

Here's a couple of shots to show my progress so far. The first one was taken about 3 1/2 months after my daughter's birth. I think I was about 210-215 there. The other was taken at my brother's wedding 3 weeks ago.
You look fantastic, keep up the good work, I can't wait till I get to 175 seems so far away....awesome job!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #127  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

YAH! Look at you! You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 242/222/170

Height: 5'7"

Candi, you are melting away!!! Any suggestions? You seem to be losing at a much faster rate than most. I am curious as to what kind of exercise and how long, along with what meats you eat and how many HNS you have? Thanks!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 187.5/187.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Ready to go again!

After a knee injury in December I am ready to get back on track. Several of the recipes look easy and sound delicious. At least this time I know of a place where I can go to get new ideas for program meals. Thanks for posting!!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
For those who order from Diet Direct, the bars are on sale for $8.99 a box and the shipping is $4.99.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Patzi

Which bars are they? Are they the same as MRC's? I'm on their site and they're called a different name.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #131  

Quote:

Jen ,
you look fantastic.. You are doing so well, and know how ecstatic you are about all this... I was able to get off of HBP and I am sooooo happy for that.
Keep up the great work, and pat yourself on the back. You deserve it. The blue dress is to die for.. Very pretty and sexy.

Patzi
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #132  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing skinny View Post
Candi, you are melting away!!! Any suggestions? You seem to be losing at a much faster rate than most. I am curious as to what kind of exercise and how long, along with what meats you eat and how many HNS you have? Thanks!
Hey there! Well, I'm going to start by saying that everyone is different. I also have over 100lbs to lose - the center keeps telling me that it will slow down and I'm ok with that. So here's what I take..
1 Phentratrim & 2 MRC6 before each meal
Breakfast - 2 Cortitrim, B6, D3, Krill, Multi vitamin, 2 MSM & HNS
I was taking 2 Trace Minerals at 10am along with an HNS but as of today, I have added 2 Internal Cleanser, 2 Guggle and 1 Trace Mineral
Lunch - 2 Cortitrim, Krill, Multi vitamin, 2 MSM & HNS
Also starting today - at 2pm taking 2 Internal Cleansers, 2 Guggle & 1 Trace Mineral
Dinner - 2 Cortitrim & 2 MSM & HNS
When I know I'm going to be around temptations or if my eating schedule gets thrown off a bit, I will drink another HNS in the afternoon for a total of 5. But usually only 4. If I go out to a restaurant, which is not often, I take Fat & Carb Blocker.

It's been hard because I live paycheck to paycheck - so I've cut some things out/down to be able to afford for this. I also received help through my healthcare reimbursement account but I've now maxed that out for the year.

As for exercise... well, I was doing really well with the Pilates/Yoga class at the center and going to the gym - usually do 35 minutes on the treadmill (with 1lb hand weights) which is about 1.6 - 1.75 miles plus the extra calories burned using the weights and did that about twice a week. But for the last 3 weeks, I have not exercised at all. I'm going to start going to the gym again this weekend. I was getting frustrated because it seemed when I pushed myself to exercise or get a little more uhmmmph out of the walking, my weight loss slowed down. One of the consultants told me to take a break for a week or two and then start back just real like walking. Then when I get down to about 30-50lbs away from my goal weight, then I can start light weight lifting for toning.

I also haven't gone off plan. The only thing that I have "cheated" with.. instead of a sirloin, I will have a filet mignon once a month. I'm on the MetaSlim Plus Level 2 plan - I usually stay away from the Group 2 Proteins. I'm eating tons of cod, tilapia, chicken & turkey.

And I guess the last thing... I'm single and have 2 kids (the 4 legged kind). So I don't have all that extra food/temptations in my apartment. I know if I put something in my shopping cart, like chips or whatever else, that it's just me and I will eat it all with no one to share with. I think it makes it a little "easier" that way. Don't get me wrong, I've been in some hefty temptation situations - the snack & candy show, the ballpark, my brothers house in the summer (BBQ's all the time).. I just think about where I've been and I never want to be there again.

I think that's about it! I know it's long - but I hope it helps. I'm an open book, let me know if you have any questions. Oh.. and I love this board! It really keeps me motivated!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
Which bars are they? Are they the same as MRC's? I'm on their site and they're called a different name.
Bars are by Bari Wise, and I find them the same as MRC.. Teacher lady, is that the brand you have purchased???

Patzi
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgirl View Post
if you look at the recipes in the cookbook some of the drink recipes are only for days 4-10...I got told by my center that after day 11 you can't use those recipes then...
That's too bad. . . I thought that since it said "beginning days 4-10" it meant that you could have those any time after day 4. . . I'm actually on a different menu now and don't use the cookbook very often anymore. - also, sorry to hear you've not been feeling well and on antibiotics. Hope you are feeling better now.

JEN- You look amazing!!!!! Your face is so slim and look at those collar bones! You really make that blue dress look good!

Candi - You just keep shrinking and it is fun shrinking along with you. I'm hoping to sign the 40 lb board next week. . . my body seems to be willing to drop the water and start losing again.

Thinkinthin- Glad to hear your back on track and great job on the 4.6 lb loss.

Nichole - Congrats on getting the "Minnesota weight" off. How's your son doing? Thinking of and praying for you and him.

hatesthesweatpants - I hope you had a blast on vaccation and it is realy nice to have you back.

P.S. - Hubbie and I went out to eat tonight. There were several possibilities on the menu and while looking over the pictures I was actually drooling over grilled Tilapia, asparagus and broccoli. . . The burgers and fries looked unappealing as I thought of how they used to make me feel after eating them, the desserts looked "too sweet" and am the person who would have said that there is no such thing as too sweet. I thoroughly enjoyed my steamed veggies and grilled fish (even my melba I brought with me) and had a great time with my hubbie and did not feel stuffed or ill after leaving - I actaully felt energetic!

Mariah

Last edited by momoffour; 06-10-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #135  

Hi..
I did not weigh in yesterday, was ready, in my weigh in clothes, and car would not start.. By the time it did, too late, had to get to work.

Nicole, welcome back.. Nice to hear from you and glad you lost that weight.

As for the cold capuccino drinks... That is news to me..Did not know they existed.. Now, on maintenance, am enjoying my iced coffee, so that would be a real nice treat. I have been adding the super chocolate drink mix to
my iced coffee with some soy milk and stevia and that is delightful.

Mariah... Be proud of yourself, you are really disciplined and that will help you achieve your goal.. Glad you enjoyed your meal out with hubby and your choices.

Goneforgood1128.. My friend buys one year of maintenace when on sale. She bought a year at $79.95 special, at one time.. When my maintenance is over, I will do the same. I am sure will purchase before it is over, when I see a special.
As I said before, I need to account to being weighed in every week, and a consultant, so will go as long as they will have me.. I am trying to slow down on supplements and HNS so that I eat just real food , but we will see. Have my HNS down to 2 a day, but still take MRC-6 , Cortitrim and Phentatrim
when needed, and Fat & Carb Blocker when I eat out.. Hope this answers your questions.

Talking about Phentatrim.. I have to bring this up Tuesday during weigh in.
These past two days have had terrible cravings, and took phentatrim and it has reversed and worked opposite, making me crave more. I just took additional protein to ward the craving off, and after awhile it subsided. Will get back to everyone on this.

If I missed anyone that has lost, I apologize, with this new method of posting, I seem to forget occasionally.

Wishing everyone a great weekend, and keep up the discipline and think thin,
and never think you cannot make it, as you can. It is possible to achieve your goal.

Patzi
Closed Thread