Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 163/154/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Everyone!!

I did not mean to start a cappuccino controversy-lol!! But - I did ask my center and was told YES. She told me that in the cook book when it says "Beginning: meta-Slim Day 5-10" that means you can have it starting on any of those days and from then on. It is supposed to say Beginning: Meta-slim Day 5...the way it says it in the book is confusing, I agree. But, who knows...there are only like a million and one plans with MRC so it could very well be different for some.

The Cappuccinos are sold as a Creamy HNS, just like the hot chocolate. I did not find a recipe using the supplement in my cookbook - so maybe they are newer. I don't know?? Anyway - they are my saving grace, so I am going to roll with it!!!

I do have a question though - I should probably ask my center- but thought I'd start here first. I am on Meta-Slim and sometime find that I don't want to eat the "starch" that I can have at breakfast or dinner - can I skip it? I would think it would help, making my carb count even lower. But - as you can tell by my slow progress...I have been known to be WRONG.

And JenB72 - yay! for collar bones!! That is my goal - I have never had collar bones - by the end of this I want to see some collar bone action!!!!

Candi - you are SO strong!! Go YOU!! I am a sucker for boiled peanuts (I live in the south so it is kind of required). I had a hard time passing them up at my son's baseball games. Your strength is encouraging!!!

Everyone - Have a WONDERFUL weekend! We CAN do this!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

WI today down 2.5 lbs Yeah! I think the plateu is officially broken and my body is cooperating once again. Things are still crazy with sandbagging, helping people move, etc. but I am thankful that I have a strong body and am fit enought to be a help and not just be in the way. I am down at total of 35.5 lbs in 99 days and 36.5 inches (2-1/2 weeks ago) despite floods and my thyroid medication being messed up for a couple of weeks.

Patzi - I'm not a coffee drinker but that drink sounds good to me. . . I'm glad your car started eventually! Also, I was told that if you help in the center (like teach a class, work part-time, inventory etc.) you can have "free maintence" after the first year. . . Our center is new so they have been looking for people to teach classes (especially the cooking classes) so it might just be an option at my center - but might be worth checking into when your time runs out.

Ancalla - I've asked about not eating the starches (or even switching for fruit or an extra creamy) but was told to stick to the menu whenever possible and eat everything listed at each meal. Your body does need a certain number of calories (including carbs) to keep your metabolism going.

Mariah

Last edited by momoffour; 06-11-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

I am actually excited to weigh in on wednesday...this morning I was 5.2 lbs less than my wednesday weigh in...but of course their scale is different and it won't be right in the morning..but it seems my plateau has been broken, let's hope it stays that way! Thinking about doin MetaQuick for a couple of days and see how that goes...maybe not......Anyway had the Spicy Orange Salad out of MRC cookbook for lunch and it was really good and super fulfilling!!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 273.5/271/180

Height: 5' 10"

I lost 5 lbs at WI Friday....total of 7 lbs for the week....SO EXCITED...As I've said before...I'm a baseball mom and I've done well staying away from the things I want so badly, but I am really craving some potato chips! ACK!!! Where there's a will there's a way though! Good job on the week everyone...WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

It must be Official Plateau Breaking Week.

Maybe it'll hold out for a while.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #141  

I haven't logged on in a while and wanted to post my progress. I have lost track of what day I'm on. However I started March 18. I am 21.5 pounds down. The weight loss has been slow but I'm so grateful for the loss.

Has anyone else tried DIM or any other of the hormone products? The girl at my center really pushed it on me and told me how safe it was. However, when I went to see my doctor he said "no way". I was told that for my younger age, having my uterus, and being on the pill it's very dangerous to mess with that.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 242/222/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Hey there! Well, I'm going to start by saying that everyone is different. I also have over 100lbs to lose - the center keeps telling me that it will slow down and I'm ok with that. So here's what I take..
1 Phentratrim & 2 MRC6 before each meal
Breakfast - 2 Cortitrim, B6, D3, Krill, Multi vitamin, 2 MSM & HNS
I was taking 2 Trace Minerals at 10am along with an HNS but as of today, I have added 2 Internal Cleanser, 2 Guggle and 1 Trace Mineral
Lunch - 2 Cortitrim, Krill, Multi vitamin, 2 MSM & HNS
Also starting today - at 2pm taking 2 Internal Cleansers, 2 Guggle & 1 Trace Mineral
Dinner - 2 Cortitrim & 2 MSM & HNS
When I know I'm going to be around temptations or if my eating schedule gets thrown off a bit, I will drink another HNS in the afternoon for a total of 5. But usually only 4. If I go out to a restaurant, which is not often, I take Fat & Carb Blocker.

It's been hard because I live paycheck to paycheck - so I've cut some things out/down to be able to afford for this. I also received help through my healthcare reimbursement account but I've now maxed that out for the year.

As for exercise... well, I was doing really well with the Pilates/Yoga class at the center and going to the gym - usually do 35 minutes on the treadmill (with 1lb hand weights) which is about 1.6 - 1.75 miles plus the extra calories burned using the weights and did that about twice a week. But for the last 3 weeks, I have not exercised at all. I'm going to start going to the gym again this weekend. I was getting frustrated because it seemed when I pushed myself to exercise or get a little more uhmmmph out of the walking, my weight loss slowed down. One of the consultants told me to take a break for a week or two and then start back just real like walking. Then when I get down to about 30-50lbs away from my goal weight, then I can start light weight lifting for toning.

I also haven't gone off plan. The only thing that I have "cheated" with.. instead of a sirloin, I will have a filet mignon once a month. I'm on the MetaSlim Plus Level 2 plan - I usually stay away from the Group 2 Proteins. I'm eating tons of cod, tilapia, chicken & turkey.

And I guess the last thing... I'm single and have 2 kids (the 4 legged kind). So I don't have all that extra food/temptations in my apartment. I know if I put something in my shopping cart, like chips or whatever else, that it's just me and I will eat it all with no one to share with. I think it makes it a little "easier" that way. Don't get me wrong, I've been in some hefty temptation situations - the snack & candy show, the ballpark, my brothers house in the summer (BBQ's all the time).. I just think about where I've been and I never want to be there again.

I think that's about it! I know it's long - but I hope it helps. I'm an open book, let me know if you have any questions. Oh.. and I love this board! It really keeps me motivated!

Thank you! I love reading your posts. I weighed in yesterday and was down 2point something lbs for the week. I had yet another different lady. She told me she hadn't seen that eating apples daily would slow weight loss (but i know that might be an issue) She also said people who eat more fish lose faster. When I asked her if certain combinations might speed things up, she told me no. She did say if I increased my HNS from 3 to 4 it might speed it up. And she said there was no such thing as "too much" exercise. I keep getting conflicting advice with the different consultants. BUT, I decided I would exercise more this week, drink 4/day and see what happens. I REALLYYYY want to lose atleast 3 lbs/week. They are closed next Sat, so I will go back Thurs. I went over 10 lbs and didnt get to sign a board, I was kind of depressed about it.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing skinny View Post
Thank you! I love reading your posts. I weighed in yesterday and was down 2point something lbs for the week. I had yet another different lady. She told me she hadn't seen that eating apples daily would slow weight loss (but i know that might be an issue) She also said people who eat more fish lose faster. When I asked her if certain combinations might speed things up, she told me no. She did say if I increased my HNS from 3 to 4 it might speed it up. And she said there was no such thing as "too much" exercise. I keep getting conflicting advice with the different consultants. BUT, I decided I would exercise more this week, drink 4/day and see what happens. I REALLYYYY want to lose atleast 3 lbs/week. They are closed next Sat, so I will go back Thurs. I went over 10 lbs and didnt get to sign a board, I was kind of depressed about it.
I don't think there is a secerete or special combination to make your body lose weight faster . . . my center encourages fish, raw veggies, berries and beans when trying to break a plateau (mainly because they are low in calories and high in vitamins, fiber and antioxidents). . . I don't know if extra HNS speed things up or not - I did go from 4 to 5 awhile ago because I have been more active and was hungrier - but I don't know if it changed my rate of weight loss or not . . . Originally I was told there was no such thing as too much exercise - but when I started working out 7-8 hours a week I was told to cut it back to 5 hours. I could increase the intesity and work harder during those 5 hours but I am not supposed to exceed 5 hours of cardiovascular exercise (I can add some light strength training if I want to but was told it could slow things down) and muscles do retain water and can slow down your weight loss.

The "boards" we sign are posterboards with the number of pounds written on them. If I were you I would make my own and hang it on my fridge! You could even decorate yours with streamers and balloons if you wanted to.

You are doing well, just keep going . . . you will find differences in the consultants and the advice they give in part because everyone is different and responds differently to various foods. . . I have started to see this more as a chance to learn to really listen to my body and learn to care for it correctly rather than just a short term goal o flosing weight and get to maintenance so that I can have popcorn again!

Mariah
Old 06-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #144  

First - Congrats to all who are staying on plan whether you are losing or maintaining - you should be proud of yourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer lady View Post
Has anyone else tried DIM or any other of the hormone products? The girl at my center really pushed it on me and told me how safe it was. However, when I went to see my doctor he said "no way". I was told that for my younger age, having my uterus, and being on the pill it's very dangerous to mess with that.
I have not tried any of the homrone products . . . however, the consultants have NO medical training so if your doctor say "no way" I would not take it. . . I have heard of others having some very bad allergic reactions. If you feel you need it, you could get a second opinion from another doctor, but I would be careful.

Mariah
Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #145  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4therealme View Post
After a knee injury in December I am ready to get back on track. Several of the recipes look easy and sound delicious. At least this time I know of a place where I can go to get new ideas for program meals. Thanks for posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffour View Post
WI today down 2.5 lbs Yeah! I think the plateu is officially broken and my body is cooperating once again. Things are still crazy with sandbagging, helping people move, etc. but I am thankful that I have a strong body and am fit enought to be a help and not just be in the way. I am down at total of 35.5 lbs in 99 days and 36.5 inches (2-1/2 weeks ago) despite floods and my thyroid medication being messed up for a couple of weeks.
Congrats on busting through that plateau!!! My prayers are with you and your community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgirl View Post
I am actually excited to weigh in on wednesday...this morning I was 5.2 lbs less than my wednesday weigh in...but of course their scale is different and it won't be right in the morning..but it seems my plateau has been broken, let's hope it stays that way! Thinking about doin MetaQuick for a couple of days and see how that goes...maybe not......Anyway had the Spicy Orange Salad out of MRC cookbook for lunch and it was really good and super fulfilling!!
Woohoo!!! Another plateau buster!!! Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredican View Post
I lost 5 lbs at WI Friday....total of 7 lbs for the week....SO EXCITED...As I've said before...I'm a baseball mom and I've done well staying away from the things I want so badly, but I am really craving some potato chips! ACK!!! Where there's a will there's a way though! Good job on the week everyone...WE CAN DO THIS!
It's a plateau busting three-peat!!! That's awesome! And, YES, we can do this!

As for me, I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words about the pics I posted. I need to print that out and hang it up as a constant reminder of how far I've come and how much further I need to go. I'm also going to print it out so they can put it in my chart at the center.

I hope everyone has a great week!!! Stay Strong!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #146  
Started program June 2010

JenB72, you look great! The difference really shows and you look great in blue! Thanks for sharing your updated picture.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #147  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, Junie!

Monday Weigh-In and down another 0.5 pounds. It's TTOM, so I'll take it. Only 4.5 pounds of pregnancy weight to go!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

I had a fabulous birthday weekend. Not such a good scale weekend, but was well worth it. I now have to work REALLY had to get off that extra cake and 55 calorie beerS I had. Looks like I am using my birthday money to buy new running shoes.
I walked into my center with my cute new birthday dress and was going to thank everyone for getting me where I was. The line to talk to a consultant was at least 30 minutes and they were all super busy to even stop and talk. I was a little disappointed. Oh well, I got tons of compliments from friends and strangers. I even got called BARBIE!!!! I'll take it. What a great weekend. Now to recommit and get back on track. Good luck everyone!

Had to add a pic of the birthday outfit. I ended up having 3 wardrobe changes that night because I couldn't decide on one. What a problem!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 052.jpg (24.3 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by struggling Nicole; 06-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 230/225/160

Height: 5'8

Hi Everyone,

I just started MRC Saturday and joined the gym. I hope to find alot of useful info on here, looks like there is alot and support too! My boys are grown, so now it's time for me and hubby to concentrate on our bodies! My goal is 70 lbs, I hope to accomplish that by October when we are planning to take a family cruise. I know it's gonna be hard, we live in a college town, so eating out, sports bars and drinking are the norm!

I weigh in after 5 days on Wed, got to get back to work, Good luck......
Old 06-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Nicole--you look FABULOUS! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished for yourself!
Closed Thread