Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I "officially" started MRC about a week and a half ago. Prior to that I was on the preconditioning menu. They wouldn't start me on the diet itself until I could cough up all the cash of course! So far I'm down about 16 pounds. Though I still have a long way to go. I'm finding 2 things to be the most motivating - seeing the numbers moving on the scale and the fact that every time I want to eat off program, I remember how much $$$ I'm spending. In fact - "$400" has become my mantra. Loving all of the success stories. Thanks everyone for your posts! I'll post a picture soon!

I was on preconditioning for 2 weeks. But I'm also excercising like a fiend! I do zumba 4x a week and walk for at least 30 minutes 5x a week. On weekends I walk for 30 - 60 minutes a day.

MRC SW 239
MRC CW 223 - (loss of 37.5 lbs)
MRC GW 167
My goal - 135

Last edited by SassyRed; 06-29-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #302  
Started PC 6/14/11

S/C/G: 164/c_ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

SassyRed ~ congrats on the 16 pounds! I wish I had done as well as you! I'm a little frustrated because I've been on pre-conditioning for two weeks (lost 4 pounds) then the regular plan for one week and didn't lose anything . But you're right about the motivators, that $400 bucks hurt. But it will totally be worth every penny to me ... I just want to see results to feel like I'm accomplishing something. I have to remember this is a journey and not a race.

Last edited by coarkkayaker; 06-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #303  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgirl View Post
Well since I can't afford the metaslim and am doing maintenance I did exactly that last week- MAINTAINED...same weight as last week and the worker wasn't very happy with that...I am eating things off the list they gave me last week and she argued with me about things that are on it....I can't figure it out....... now she's telling me not to eat a starch at lunch...well I am supposed to eat 3 bread/starch servings and I do not get the opportunity at my job to have snacks, so how does that work? I'm frustrated....one worker tells me one thing and another tells me something else? Why can't there be consistency? Anyone else run into this?
Yes, unfortunately there is some inconsistency from consultant to consultant. That frustrated me, too, until I simply started going when I knew specific consultants were working. Also, even though it's usually "first come, first served," you can write a specific consultant's name next to yours on the sheet when you sign in, and they're pretty good about letting you see that consultant (sometimes you have to wait longer, though).

Which maintenance menu do they have you on? The 1200, 1500, or 1800 calorie plans are the only ones I'm aware of... and if you're doing the 1200 calorie plan, you should still be losing.

Honestly, if you're trying to lose on the maintenance plan, I would follow the menu, but cut out some of the allowed fat and starch servings so it looks a little more like the metaslim program. Then add calories back in by adding a little bit of protein. But that's just me--simply because I know my body needs considerably higher protein-to-carb ratio in order to have noticeable weight losses.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Height: 5'8"

OMGoodness--I just got my order from diet direct, I ordered the wild berry HNS and it is AWFUL. YUCK Are they all that bad? Or are there some that are more simlar to the MRC?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I think the wild berry takes like Codimal DH and the blueberry I bought off eBay was horrid.

I love the tropical fruit and kiwi. The peach mango isn't bad. I actually look forward to my HNS to finish off a meal.

My center had a trading basket that you could exchange for HNS and other supplements that others had returned. I loved that idea. Sort of hit or miss but still a way to try other things without buying them.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #306  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyRed View Post
Just a quick note to introduce myself. I "officially" started MRC about a week and a half ago. Prior to that I was on the preconditioning menu. They wouldn't start me on the diet itself until I could cough up all the cash of course! So far I'm down about 16 pounds. Though I still have a long way to go. I'm finding 2 things to be the most motivating - seeing the numbers moving on the scale and the fact that every time I want to eat off program, I remember how much $$$ I'm spending. In fact - "$400" has become my mantra. Loving all of the success stories. Thanks everyone for your posts! I'll post a picture soon!

I was on preconditioning for 2 weeks. But I'm also excercising like a fiend! I do zumba 4x a week and walk for at least 30 minutes 5x a week. On weekends I walk for 30 - 60 minutes a day.

MRC SW 239
MRC CW 223 - (loss of 37.5 lbs)
MRC GW 167
My goal - 135
Nice to meet you.. wishing you the best on your challenge.

Patzi
Old 06-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #307  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaF View Post
OMGoodness--I just got my order from diet direct, I ordered the wild berry HNS and it is AWFUL. YUCK Are they all that bad? Or are there some that are more simlar to the MRC?
I agree, I thought the wildberry tasted like cough syrup. I like the peach mango, kiwi melon, pomegranate, and grape. Once in a great while I like the orange one--but usually it's too sweet for me.

My center has a "trading basket," too, and there have been more than a few times I've traded in yucky stuff for something a little more bearable.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #308  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

I think the wildberry has a soapy tinge to it. I bought it last time around because I heard of someone mixing it with teh chocolate shake flavor-- that wasn't too bad, but I'm not a fan on its own. I can drink it, but I haven't bought it since the first time. My favorites are the fruit punch and kiwi melon, and I also buy the big cannister of the powdered lemonade because it saves $$. The others I can take or leave. Pomegranate is new since I've been back to MRC, so I haven't tried it yet.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #309  
Started Precon 6/29/11

After I wrote the last post, I thought I should introduce myself. I was on MRC (and 3FC) about two years ago, lost down to 160 and then had to stop because I got pregnant. I gained about 30 lbs. over what I should have while pregnant (hard to go from being on such as strict program to being able to eat anything), and they're just not coming off on their own or with calorie counting, which is what I've been doing since I stopped breastfeeding.

So, I decided to go back to MRC, and I'm really happy about it because even though it's a strict program, it totally works if you follow it. Anyhow, I'm on preconditioning again for a week.

One positive note to all this-- I was able to keep off 40 lbs. of my weight loss through a pregnancy and without really trying very hard. That gives me lots of hope for when I do get to my goal.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

LauraJane, I could have written your post. Seriously, word for word. My biggest social worry is all the potlucks and stuff my work has. There's one on the 8th for the 4th of July and because I'm so new to my new way of eating, I think I'm going to have to skip it entirely. In order to avoid questions (I'm not ready to share my weight struggle with coworkers even though it's obvious just from looking at me!), I might make up an appointment or something so I have to leave the office altogether!

It's nice to see that so many others are staying on preconditioning for a while before staring the actual program. I'm actually not struggling with it too badly as of yet. I miss my carbs, but I don't really like any of the carbs on the acceptable list (I'd forgotten how icky light bread is) so I'm having a hard time forcing myself to eat them. Today is my first full day without any sugar. Which is a REALLY big deal for me. :-)

I think I might have found a really good craving coping strategy for myself. I'm really bad at justifying a "splurge" by cutting out something good for me, or saying "it's just this once" or "I deserve a treat." But last night when I really wanted a bowl of the sugary cereal my husband bought, I got on 3FC and read some success stories on the Goals thread. They are so inspiring and incredibly motivating!

Ok, enough about me... I know all centers are a little different but at mine I was told I can set appointments for my check ins and even schedule them with certain people if I want. Maybe see if that's an option at your center, jmgirl? I did LA Weight Loss several years ago and remember there being counselors I loved and others I couldn't stand. It made it really hard to go in regularly when I dreaded having to see certain people, and if I didn't go in regularly, I wouldn't stay OP!

I'm looking forward to getting to use the HNSes. You guys make them sound very appealing. Well, most of them anyway. :-)
Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #311  
Started Precon 6/29/11

LetHerOut-- I agree with you on the light bread. I do really like the Pepperidge Farm Oatmeal variety, though-- it tastes great and is the only one I've found that I really like. I think it's mostly sold in the midwest and the east, though.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #312  
Started PC 6/14/11

S/C/G: 164/c_ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I need strength...today if my first eating out challenge. My work group insists that we go to lunch once a month. We always go somewhere different and I'm checking out the menu in advance. I'm struggling enough without this kind of temptation. My scale says I'm down 0.8 from the day before...yea! Maybe it's finally starting to kick in. :-)
Old 06-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Weighed in today, only down .5 from last week. Did a body comp and measurements though, and am down 5" from last time and maintained muscle mass. I guess that's good. I still wish I'd see more success on the scale, but I suppose it will come.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #314  

Height: 5' 5"

Wow! I haven't been on in a couple of days and look at all the newbies! Welcome!

My body has finally stopped rebelling! Woohoo! I am now under my pre-pregnancy weight. I was 169.4 this morning. I'm in the 160's!!!!! I thought this day would never come. I won't change the tickers though until my WI tomorrow. Normally, I weigh in on Mondays and Wednesdays, but with the free time offer for this 4th of July holiday, it's a no-brainer.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default First weigh in

I had my first WI today (still on pre-conditioning) and I lost 3.5 pounds! Yippee!!! I could tell it was going to be a good WI because the capris I'm wearing today are looser than I remember them being last week.

WOOHOO!!

JenB, congrats on being under your pre-preg weight! That's a milestone I'm looking forward to as well!

tkdtara84 - I will have to look for that bread. I don't know if we have that exact kind here, but maybe something similar. Thanks!

coarkkayaker - I hope you were able to be strong! But if you caved...it's ok because you'll be right back on track for the rest of the day!

RaRaF - I love that they do the body comp because at least you can see progress somewhere when the scale is cooperating. And really, 5. sounds pretty good to me. It's definitely better than a +1 and says, to me, keep on keeping on!

Last edited by LetHerOut; 06-30-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Closed Thread