Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

This last week, I pretty much fell off the wagon. I restarted the new menus...and then the stress of the last week of classes set in. I would plan to go home and cook dinner...then get stuck at school or work catching up on stuff...and eat from the vending machine or food court.

I haven't been to the center all week...and I'm afraid to go in Tuesday. I want to tell them I failed so I can start these menus over and give it a full shot...but I'm ashamed of my failure. I mean, I failed to plan ahead and do anything right. But my stress is over today as I turned in my thesis....so hopefully I can get on the right track. I want to (and had renewed motivation and had renewed my head-space...) but I literally just got so busy I could barely breathe. I hope they understand.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #167  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffour View Post
Congrats to all you losers! WI this morning and was down 1 more pound (a total of 2 lbs this week even with TOM) Amazing! I am 4 pounds from signing the 30 lb board and can't wait!

Happy Friday,
Mariah
Mariah...
Way to go.. So happy for you.. 4 Pounds is right around the corner.. Those were some excellent ideas you posted about eating your drinks.. Some I
have never tried and will do so.

Patzi
Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
This last week, I pretty much fell off the wagon. I restarted the new menus...and then the stress of the last week of classes set in. I would plan to go home and cook dinner...then get stuck at school or work catching up on stuff...and eat from the vending machine or food court.

I haven't been to the center all week...and I'm afraid to go in Tuesday. I want to tell them I failed so I can start these menus over and give it a full shot...but I'm ashamed of my failure. I mean, I failed to plan ahead and do anything right. But my stress is over today as I turned in my thesis....so hopefully I can get on the right track. I want to (and had renewed motivation and had renewed my head-space...) but I literally just got so busy I could barely breathe. I hope they understand.
I'm with you on this one! Totally fell off the wagon and having the hardest time getting back on. I started teaching full time this week and of course it just happened to be teacher appreciation week full of cakes, candies, snacks EVERYWHERE! I have resisted the temptation the last two days because I bought myself some new workout clothes (I found awesome new sports bras and a new pair of shoes) and brought out my pictures from when I was skinny a long time ago. I have a little renewed inspiration but am still battling the snack demons.

Hope you find some inspiration soon!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #169  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I'm sure they will understand. They have been around for so many of your frustrations.

Failure is a part of the journey; it isn't the end product unless we choose to give up.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #170  
Started Aug 2010

Patzi-- Have you tried a low-sugar peanut butter, or just regular?

I also have some friends that eat "natural" peanut butter that is sugar free (from the organic section), but that takes a LOT of getting used to, I think.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Razorbackbritt and Struggling Nicole - Sorry your week was so difficult, but you have not failed. You may have made some poor choices but right now, at this very moment you can decide to make different, better changes. The people at the center are human and should understand that this is a learning process. You've both made such great progress one choice at a time.

Mariah
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post

I also have some friends that eat "natural" peanut butter that is sugar free (from the organic section), but that takes a LOT of getting used to, I think.
Peter pan makes a whipped peanut butter that has about 60 less cal and 5 fewer fat grams. Sugar and carbs are only like 1g less but overall it is better than regular. It tastes really good to me.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #173  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by newme12 View Post
Peter pan makes a whipped peanut butter that has about 60 less cal and 5 fewer fat grams. Sugar and carbs are only like 1g less but overall it is better than regular. It tastes really good to me.
I asked my consultant about it at weigh in today, and she said that PB2 (usually found in organic section or bought online) is much lower in fats and hydrogenated oils than other peanut butters, too. She said she actually prefers the taste of it, too. I found a report online for the top 4 reviewed peanut butters, and it made the list:
http://www.consumersearch.com/peanut-butter
Old 05-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #174  
Started Aug 2010

Yay! After a REALLY REALLY rough week, I weighed in today and am down 2 lbs. My consultant couldn't believe that I didn't lose any inches in the last month, so she re-measured me today--turns out I'm actually down 4 inches (mostly in hips and waist, which explains why my pants got looser, lol), for a total of over 81 inches lost. WOW.

How long does stabilization take? My consultant last week (who knows me really well) said she wanted to start me on stabilization as soon as I hit 197lbs (in a week or so), and the consultant today said to probably wait until the end of the month.

Problem is, I'm planning on starting to try to get pregnant around June 10. I'd like to be stabilized by then and on mainanance, if at all possible. The main reason being that we are leaving for our belated honeymoon in Alaska on June 8, and not going to be back until the 17th. I'd hate to be in the middle of stabilization when we go, with no way to weigh myself or check to see how I'm doing.

Maybe because the consultant last week knows me so well (and knows of my plans) that's why she wanted me to start stabilization ASAP. I think I'll just call the center and make an appointment for later this week to meet with her to do my stabilization paperwork, etc. (assuming I can lose 1.5 lbs this weekend/week--and trust me, I"m going to be VERY strict with myself since I"m so close!).

Patzi, Debi, what do you think?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #175  

[QUOTE=teacherlady79;3840111]Yay! After a REALLY REALLY rough week, I weighed in today and am down 2 lbs. My consultant couldn't believe that I didn't lose any inches in the last month, so she re-measured me today--turns out I'm actually down 4 inches (mostly in hips and waist, which explains why my pants got looser, lol), for a total of over 81 inches lost. WOW.

WOO HOO...You are under 200 lb!!! That is so exciting!!!
Way to go on the inches!!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #176  

Quote:

Wow! you have lost 44 lbs...I think they know you are serious about losing. Just go ahead and start over on the menus. When you go in Tuesday, tell them you were just too busy and stressed to prepare the foods you needed to stay on plan. Tell them you started over. By then you will already be on day 3-4 of the yellow menu (depending on when you started again), and what can they say? I think they will be glad you realized you were headed in the wrong direction and took control. And, by then, you may not be up any on the scales if you stay OP the next few days! You can do it!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Yay! After a REALLY REALLY rough week, I weighed in today and am down 2 lbs. My consultant couldn't believe that I didn't lose any inches in the last month, so she re-measured me today--turns out I'm actually down 4 inches (mostly in hips and waist, which explains why my pants got looser, lol), for a total of over 81 inches lost. WOW.

How long does stabilization take? My consultant last week (who knows me really well) said she wanted to start me on stabilization as soon as I hit 197lbs (in a week or so), and the consultant today said to probably wait until the end of the month.

Problem is, I'm planning on starting to try to get pregnant around June 10. I'd like to be stabilized by then and on mainanance, if at all possible. The main reason being that we are leaving for our belated honeymoon in Alaska on June 8, and not going to be back until the 17th. I'd hate to be in the middle of stabilization when we go, with no way to weigh myself or check to see how I'm doing.

Maybe because the consultant last week knows me so well (and knows of my plans) that's why she wanted me to start stabilization ASAP. I think I'll just call the center and make an appointment for later this week to meet with her to do my stabilization paperwork, etc. (assuming I can lose 1.5 lbs this weekend/week--and trust me, I"m going to be VERY strict with myself since I"m so close!).

Patzi, Debi, what do you think?
Way to go!! That is such awesome news and I'm glad they re-did your measurements. I don't know anything about stabilization but wanted to say congrats !!!

Mariah
Old 05-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #178  

Quote:

Yes, i did try the natural peanut butter.. That is what I gained with. I love peanut butter, and I have disciplined myself to have the amt. we are allowed, but for some reason, have tried it twice and gained each time.. My favorite is the fresh ground that they have at health food store. I think there is 17 grams of fat per serving. But soooooo good..

Patzi..
Old 05-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #179  

This is the first time since September I went off program and reason being..
I had a root canal done on Friday with mega complications due to an abscess and severe infections. Today pain is still there. Called Dentist and he told me what to do, and he will call me tomorrow to see how I am, and if not better, will have to put me back on antibiotics, which I just finished on Friday.He did not want to put me back on them, as they are very strong, but may have to. I am in horrific pain and can't chew, so have been having soups, and today, oatmeal in moring, as stomach upset from meds, and at lunch ,some fruit .

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and staying on program.

Patzi
Old 05-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Patzie,

I hope you feel better soon. I have four dental procedures last year and was miserable (plus $4,0000 poorer).

It's important to take your antibiotics so infections doesn't spread to your heart or brain. I've seen both happen a couple of times.

Do you not have adequate pain medicine? I would ask for it if I were you. Pain can color your whole attitude and cause you to make bad decisions because you just don't care.

I had a terrible day Thursday. I went sssssoooooooo off plan. I ate 1500 calories, didn't exercise, and while what I ate what on plan--I really abused it.
For example I ate two hamburgers at lunch, two chicken breasts for dinner, three replacement bars and 4 HNS. I was so ravenous. I had just lost 3.6 lbs from my WI the day before and I didn't conciously think, "Oh now I can cheat," but I could not sleep until my stomach had that bloated feeling it used to have before I started MRC.

It was very odd. It was like my undisciplined, pre-diet personality took over and I had never heard of MRC.

But I've been OP since and feel so icky after missing exercise that day that I can't see myself slipping for a while. Luckily, I lost the taste for carbs or it could have been worse. I'm just sorry I probably stopped my losing streak.

Took a bunch of pics today for my son's prom and I wonder how I look in them. Still wearing baggy clothes but I hope to see a different woman. Usually I avoid having my picture taken but I was right up there with my son and his date smiling at the camera. A NSV for me.

Hope everyone has a great night and great tomorrow.
Closed Thread