Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #196  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Patzi-- I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I'll keep you in my prayers this week.

Candice -- That's FANTASTIC! I totally understand how you feel. I went through a rough couple of weeks, and I was soooooooo happy and proud when I dropped under 200 lbs (for the first time in almost 9 years)!

Well, I think I burned some major calories this weekend. Went to yoga on Friday as usual. Then, Saturday, hubby and I went and bought 20 rolls of sod for our backyard off the patio. I helped unload the sod (ugh), then I worked on pulling stuff out of the garage and took it over to storage. Then I helped hubby unload--then reload--the super-heavy tiller he rented (for the garden and the areas we're sodding). I was so sore and exhausted last night, I fell asleep by 8pm!

Today I went to church (and completely avoided the brats grill-out they were doing afterward), then I dragged myself to the gym for a cardio workout. I didn't want to go, but I knew we were going to dinner with my in-laws tonight for Mother's Day. SOOOOO glad I went to the gym. I had the lamb steak & grilled asparagus, then asked that they substitute the mashed taters for sauteed veggies. I did have two small slices of baguette, and then I split a fresh-made riesling-lemon-ginger ice cream (they make a different ice cream fresh every day) with hubby. TO DIE FOR! TOTALLY worth dragging my stiff and sore body to the gym and running today.

I just inputted all my meals into livestrong.com (LOVE that site!), and even with the ice cream (I used Haagan-Daz ginger ice cream for Livestrong counts, since that brand doesn't hold much back in calories or fat and I have no idea how the restaurant made the ice cream), and I'm still right about where I should be, thanks to my smart meal choices today and the workout.

I went ahead and set up an appointment to sign stabilization paperwork with my very first consultant on Tuesday. I'm really being careful this weekend (except for my splurge tonight) to make sure I lose the 1.5lbs (or more!) that she wanted me to lose before going to stabilization.

Phew!
You made great choices.. So delighted to know you are so close to stabilization. If you need any help on the way,please feel free to ask.

Patzi
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #197  
Started program June 2010

Patzi - I hope you have a quick recovery. Feel better!

Little Edie - I know how you feel. I sometimes get the urge to do that same splurge thing...and sometimes it happens. I often wonder what is the power that food has over me, and if I will ever recover from wanting food like I do at times. Does anyone know if it will ever go away?
The thing I am most scared of is that I will gain this weight back. And if I still get those awful urges to have food until I am full, will I ever win this battle?

pnvomaha - 7 pounds is awesome!!! Congrats. I hate that your consultant told you that about being 120 pounds. Please don't let it discourage you. Some people just do not think before they speak.

Teacherlady - good luck with stabilization. Over the weekend I told my hubby that I think I am ready to start it too. It's a 6 week process, at least. I understand where you are coming from that you want it to happen during a certain time frame. I hope it all works out for you!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #198  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like everyone had a better weekend than me. I stayed OP for the most part, but Sunday eventing we were grilling out and I had ground beef pattys and baked beans (I know not completely OP, but I used this for my starche and measured out 1/4c). I burned my broccoli...uggh. But then I had a few beers (Light) and a hotdog and a cupcake and 2 cookies. Oh my, sounds so bad and so much when I write it out. Anyway, I am proud that I went right back OP today. I am trying to approach this as more of a lifestyle change, than a "hurry up and lose the weight" diet. I feel that after I am in maintenance, I will get to have indulgences on the rare occasion and I need to know that it is ok and not get in the mind set of " oh well, I messed up. I might as well eat what I want for X amount of time". That is a really sabatagoing thought process for me. So I am on day on of Meta quick, back on OP. Hope today's WI is not to bad. You ladies have a great week.!!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #199  

Default Good Weekend

Happy belated mother's day to all mom's out there .. mom's of kids, moms of furry friends, moms of the office, .. We're all mom's in a sense!

So I went for WI on Saturday - MetaQuick totally rocked! I lost 3 lbs and I'm .5 pounds from signing the 30 lb board!! I was excited and pissed all in the same moment!! So excited to break this stalling point and so pissed I missed the 30 lb board by A HALF A POUND!

So tonight I finally get to play sand volleyball, and hopefully knock out this last half pound before I weigh in on Wednesday. Also my neighbor said she would work out with me after work - so I'm super excited to get some moderate exercise in every day this week to see how the scales turn.

It appears we're all dealing with something right now - just as you guys told me - HANG IN THERE! Last week of finals for two classes and I start two more next Monday ... summer is going to be brutal for school .. plus my teenager is coming home ... yikes let's talk about the stress now!!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #200  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2btxgrl View Post
So I went for WI on Saturday - MetaQuick totally rocked! I lost 3 lbs and I'm .5 pounds from signing the 30 lb board!! I was excited and pissed all in the same moment!! So excited to break this stalling point and so pissed I missed the 30 lb board by A HALF A POUND!
I TOTALLY know how you feel! I was the same way on Saturday. That darn .5! I go in tomorrow so hoping with an extra HNS today and some heavy duty cleaning that I HAVE to do in my apartment tonight, it'll be enough to drop the .5.

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
I was at the center at 8:55am and got right in for my weigh in. I didn't have time to sit and chat because my booth was supposed to be open by 10am and still had to get a bag of ice and the drive was about 10 minutes. We went into the room with the scale. I took a deep breath and stepped on. The consultant shouted out and patted me on the back. She said "WOO HOO Candice! You're awesome! You've lost 3lbs!" I looked down and the scale showed 298.5!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! I clapped and started laughing. The consultant was so happy for me. It was an amazing feeling and still is. And on top of that.. I'm only 1/2lb away from signing the 30lb board!!

The craft fair was a bust - several vendors didn't do well. I didn't even make back my booth fee.. but you know what, I have so much to be thankful for! The craft fair is just going to be one of those live & learn type situations but the weight loss is going to be a lifelong thing!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend and congrats/good luck to all of you!

I'm off to change my ticker!
Rzrbackcandi, That is AWESOME!!
That 30lb board will be yours next weigh-in!!
Sorry the craft fair didn't go well.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #202  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Well, I think I burned some major calories this weekend. Went to yoga on Friday as usual. Then, Saturday, hubby and I went and bought 20 rolls of sod for our backyard off the patio. I helped unload the sod (ugh), then I worked on pulling stuff out of the garage and took it over to storage. Then I helped hubby unload--then reload--the super-heavy tiller he rented (for the garden and the areas we're sodding). I was so sore and exhausted last night, I fell asleep by 8pm!

I went ahead and set up an appointment to sign stabilization paperwork with my very first consultant on Tuesday. I'm really being careful this weekend (except for my splurge tonight) to make sure I lose the 1.5lbs (or more!) that she wanted me to lose before going to stabilization.
Phew!
Good job exercising! Hope everything goes well at the stabilization apptment and that the 1.5 lbs falls off!!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #203  

born2btxgrl- Congrats on the 3 lbs!! The 30 lb board is yours next weigh-in!

lmickley-Good job getting back on plan. Hope your WI is good!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day and fantastic weigh-ins this week!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftybyfifty View Post
I had a busy weekend....my daughter came on Sat. for my birthday and took me to lunch at Texas Roadhouse....got steak, salad, and broccoli....no salt,no fat...
then went to a college grad. party and ate a hamburger patty in the late afternoon. Didn't get to eat supper until about 9:30 and it was a salad from Wendy's.... So Sunday morning I had gained 1 lb....my feet were so swollen and I didn't hardly pee all day.....Not looking forward to the scales in the morning...
Eating out stinks......But it was good.

Hopefully the scales will deliver a belated birthday present to you!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

So I have been MIA because of being so busy. I started my blue menu again today. Had a bit of an issue with my salad at lunch. The spinach tasted gritty...like it was still dirty (even though it was the pre-washed bagged kind) and I could hardly eat it. But I just had an extra HNS at lunch and went about my business.

My life is slowing down a bit. I am finished with my thesis and finals and am just waiting to graduate Saturday. I transfer to the MRC center in the town we are moving to next week. I'm scared to leave the ladies that I've become friends with and who understand me. But maybe the newness will help me stay put this time. I'm struggling (still am) but I'm determined to do this. I tried on a bikini while shopping with my mom, and I feel like I'm 10-15 pounds away from looking good in it. I want to wear one this summer....I'm gonna make it!

Congrats to everyone who is losing and doing great. I'm looking to catch some of that success!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #206  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
So I have been MIA because of being so busy. I started my blue menu again today. Had a bit of an issue with my salad at lunch. The spinach tasted gritty...like it was still dirty (even though it was the pre-washed bagged kind) and I could hardly eat it. But I just had an extra HNS at lunch and went about my business.

My life is slowing down a bit. I am finished with my thesis and finals and am just waiting to graduate Saturday. I transfer to the MRC center in the town we are moving to next week. I'm scared to leave the ladies that I've become friends with and who understand me. But maybe the newness will help me stay put this time. I'm struggling (still am) but I'm determined to do this. I tried on a bikini while shopping with my mom, and I feel like I'm 10-15 pounds away from looking good in it. I want to wear one this summer....I'm gonna make it!

Congrats to everyone who is losing and doing great. I'm looking to catch some of that success!
Congrats on all the college stuff and the graduation! I'm sure you'll be missed at the Fayetteville Center & especially with your Zumba abilities.

And you'll always have us on here to help
Old 05-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

I am trying very very hard to stay OP. I had my large weight loss Saturday at 7lbs so the consultant warned me that I might not lose too much when I weigh in Wednesday. I don't want to see a gain. I would be happy with staying the same, but no gain. I have 2 full days until then. Wish me LOTS of luck! Thanks!

Last edited by pnvomaha; 05-09-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 234.1/215.8/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
I am trying very very hard to stay OP. I had my large weight loss Saturday at 7lbs so the consultant warned me that I might not lose too much when I weigh in Wednesday. I don't want to see a gain. I would be happy with staying the same, but no gain. I have 2 full days until then. Wish me LOTS of luck! Thanks!
Wow 7 lbs...how did you do it????
Old 05-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #209  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
Wow! That's an amazing loss! Although, a loss like that is not likely to all be fat--it may be some water weight. So, one thing to keep in mind is to drink plenty of water if you don't want to see a gain on the scale.

When I have a good-size drop (most I've ever lost in one weighin was about 4lbs), I usually don't lose at all the very next weigh in. Sometimes I will even gain a pound of it back. That's totally normal--that is our bodies adjusting to the loss. Especially with a sudden fat loss, we'll retain a little bit of water at first to keep the fat cells from suddenly collapsing.

I know what you mean, though. I get discouraged so easily when the number goes up at all, even when I know why. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #210  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Well, hubby and I are taking a 1-day kayaking workshop (because we loved the class we took a couple months ago!) at the lake on May 21. I'm excited. Except that my swimsuit is waaaaaaay too big for me, so I had to get a new one.

It was kind of fun to pick one out online from Land's End-- they have a good plus size selection, but even better regular selection. I ordered a sport tankini with swimshorts, so we'll see how it goes. If I like it, I might also go back and order the regular swim bottoms, too (I wanted the swimshorts for the kayaking, and also for when we're boating/fishing on the river this summer).

I'm just hoping it comes quickly, so I have time to get something else if it doesn't fit right or I hate it.
Closed Thread