Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #211  

Hi.

I want to congratulate all the ones that lost.. I have not been very active here since Friday, as I have been dealing and still am dealing with an after effect of root canal with massive infection.This has been something else. I have had other root canal, where next day I was fine. Had to make an emergency call in to doctor on this one.

I did weigh in this morning and gained .6 pounds. Not worried, as I am 4 under goal. Ironic , really, as I have not been OP since Friday, but ate so little if anything at all. I just ate egg beaters, soup, MRC shake, anything that I did not really have to chew, and I gained.

They had those brownies at the center today that we talked about and momoffour( hope I have that correct) was so kind to post the recipe.. I know I am not feeling well, when I declined .. I have decided not to make them, as everyone there said they were delicious and to die for. I am afraid I wil not be able to have just one. They did look good. Chocolate is my biggest trigger.

Wishing everyone a great day and a great weigh in.
Patzi
Old 05-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #212  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Congrats to all of you that have lost!!!! Great job everyone. Well my WI yesterday was not to bad considering my indulgence on Sunday. I stayed the same! Also Metaquick is going quite well so far, it is not to bad to do during the work week, but weekends may be a bit harder. I am trying to decide if I want to complete 7 days of metaquick this week or go back to the menu for Sat and Sun and save my other to metaquick days this month for later. Anyway, I feel NSV for actually going to WI after a cheat and being honest with the center and also for getting right back OP. I think a change in mindset that way will help me ensure that this is a lifestyle change.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello People,

I weighed in Friday and had gained 2 lbs. Then I hid and cried. I was depressed..still am. I dont get it...staying on plan..doing what I am supposed to do...not eating A BITE OF ANYTHING other than what the center says. I feel my body just likes being here. Can you tell I'm frustrated??? I go back this afternoon for w/i again and obviously not looking forward to it. By my scales nothing has changed. (except my spirit)

Husband comes in tomorrow from Afghanistan and we're going on a cruise Saturday...I am determined even with cruise food to stay OP as much as I can...

Thanks for letting me whine...

Susie

Last edited by skuba girl; 05-10-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #214  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Hi all! Congrats to all of you that have lost!!!! Great job everyone. Well my WI yesterday was not to bad considering my indulgence on Sunday. I stayed the same! Also Metaquick is going quite well so far, it is not to bad to do during the work week, but weekends may be a bit harder. I am trying to decide if I want to complete 7 days of metaquick this week or go back to the menu for Sat and Sun and save my other to metaquick days this month for later. Anyway, I feel NSV for actually going to WI after a cheat and being honest with the center and also for getting right back OP. I think a change in mindset that way will help me ensure that this is a lifestyle change.
Good for you, going in after a cheat. You will be rewarded in long run with this change in mindset.

I found that doing MetaQuick for 3-4 days, I would go on to the 5-11 menu
and that will keep my weight off. You may not be on same program as I am, but this is the middle menu. Good luck.
Patzi
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuba girl View Post
Hello People,

I weighed in Friday and had gained 2 lbs. Then I hid and cried. I was depressed..still am. I dont get it...staying on plan..doing what I am supposed to do...not eating A BITE OF ANYTHING other than what the center says. I feel my body just likes being here. Can you tell I'm frustrated??? I go back this afternoon for w/i again and obviously not looking forward to it. By my scales nothing has changed. (except my spirit)

Husband comes in tomorrow from Afghanistan and we're going on a cruise Saturday...I am determined even with cruise food to stay OP as much as I can...

Susie
Susie..
What did the center suggest you do relative the 2 pound gain. If you stayed on program and still gained, did they go over your daily menus? Ask the center if trying the Meta Quick will help you, or maybe something else. I have been where you are now, and actually gone home in tears, but it all works out at the end, it really does. I finally made maintenance, so hang in there, and go back and look at your journals to see if maybe you did something you were not aware of. Whine all you want. We are all here for support.

Patzi
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations to all who have lost a little or had a NSV!

I'm a little behind on reading posts because this weekend turned out to be so hectic and I'm only home now because I had to pee from drinking my water.

This morning was my first WI with no loss. BUT...I lost 3.6 lbs last week and I've had some high sodium foods with only minimal water so I think this may account for it. Honestly, though, I was averaging 2-3lbs a week so I have to admit this stings a little.

I did eat off plan Sunday because I had a huge party here for prom goers and families and had leftovers that I resisted Saturday night only to consume all day Monday. I honestly think it was a replacement bar that set off my cravings so I put the rest in the freezer. Hopefully someone else will eat them before I give them another thought. This is my second cheat as I've recounted before, but I feel in control now.

I do have some good news-- had my semi-annual checkup with my MD and he cut my blood pressure meds in half. I'm now taking Lisinopril 5mg instead of 10mg.

I've noticed I've been hungrier lately- I eat all my protein and veggies so I may start taking some Phenatrim that's been sitting around since my last go-round.

Patzi, I am so glad you're dental troubles are not affecting your progress adversely.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #217  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi.

I want to congratulate all the ones that lost.. I have not been very active here since Friday, as I have been dealing and still am dealing with an after effect of root canal with massive infection.This has been something else. I have had other root canal, where next day I was fine. Had to make an emergency call in to doctor on this one.

I did weigh in this morning and gained .6 pounds. Not worried, as I am 4 under goal. Ironic , really, as I have not been OP since Friday, but ate so little if anything at all. I just ate egg beaters, soup, MRC shake, anything that I did not really have to chew, and I gained.
Patzi - I hope you start feeling better. And your gain could also be due to water retention - especially if you are taking pain meds. When I was taking pain meds, I had a 1.5lb gain then just a couple days later dropped that plus 2 more pounds.

You're such an inspiration.. I still have a long way to go but I hope you are still around when I hit my stabilization period.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'2"

Yes, they did go over my menus and kept asking me 'what else?' implying I wasn't being fully honest. I felt insulted because of that since I'd been trying to be so good. Just an overall down experience. Even when staying OP I try to make the 'best' choices ...bla bla bla...

well off to weigh in...

sniff
Old 05-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #219  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Patzi - I hope you start feeling better. And your gain could also be due to water retention - especially if you are taking pain meds. When I was taking pain meds, I had a 1.5lb gain then just a couple days later dropped that plus 2 more pounds.

You're such an inspiration.. I still have a long way to go but I hope you are still around when I hit my stabilization period.
I am sure I will be here. I have a year to go on maintenance, and may renew another year when they have a deal going.

Patzi
Old 05-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #220  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I'm going in today to do my stabilization paperwork. But I'm really anxious about stabilization. I didn't realize it was 6 weeks, or I would have insisted on starting it sooner. We're leaving for WA state and Alaska for our belated honeymoon in June. June 8-11, we'll be staying outside of Seattle, and June 11-17, we'll be at a B&B-type lodge outside of Juneau.

I'll ask this at the center today, but I'm really anxious about how the heck stabilization is going to work while I'm gone AND eating out a lot. I've already checked--there is no MRC anywhere near where we'll be in WA, and none in Alaska at all. I'm hoping my stabilization goes quickly and smoothly between now and the time we leave, so I can be closer to maintenance while we're gone--otherwise I'm anxious that the whole trip will be stressful for me because of having to deal with food options (or lack thereof)/choices.

Also, we have an end-of-the-schoolyear luncheon for my department (I'm in the central office of my district) coming up at an Italian restaurant. I just got the menu (buffet style): lasagna & pasta shells in sauce. They will have sauteed veggies, too. Unfortunately, this isn't just a social luncheon, it's a you're-expected-to-be-here-because-this-is-actually-a-meeting-and-we're-taking-attendance luncheon. I'm considering asking if I can request a separate meal off the menu of chicken and veggies and I'll just pay separately. I'm not sure if I can really do this though--we'll be in the banquet hall of this restaurant, which is actually across the street from the actual restaurant. I could just eat ahead of time or bring a bar, but then I'd also have to smell it the whole time I'm sitting there, OR everyone around me would make a big deal about asking why I'm not eating or why I'm eating a sad-looking bar.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #221  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Ok, I'm going in today to do my stabilization paperwork. But I'm really anxious about stabilization. I didn't realize it was 6 weeks, or I would have insisted on starting it sooner. We're leaving for WA state and Alaska for our belated honeymoon in June. June 8-11, we'll be staying outside of Seattle, and June 11-17, we'll be at a B&B-type lodge outside of Juneau.

I could just eat ahead of time or bring a bar, but then I'd also have to smell it the whole time I'm sitting there, OR everyone around me would make a big deal about asking why I'm not eating or why I'm eating a sad-looking bar.
teacherlady - I hope everything went well at your stabilization appointment.
As for the luncheon... I've always been a big believer in the "who cares what everyone else thinks" attitude. You need to do what's right for you because you are the one that has to live with your choices. Don't let the other people taunt you into going off plan. If you choose to go off plan, that's different but if you plan on taking a bar and a HNS then that'll be your lunch and you enjoy the "meeting" and the people. Stay strong!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #222  
Started March 26, 2011

Going for WI later today and sure do hope I'm signing the 30lb board. But I'm not too sure since I ate a "heavy" lunch. My brother wanted to take my mom out for Mother's Day and today was the only day we all had free... so we went to Ruby Tuesdays. I had an unseasoned petite sirloin with spaghetti squash, then ate my apple on the way back to the office.

This little snipit goes with the comment I made in my response to teacherlady about not caring what other people thing... I was early and was already sitting at the table and had ordered a glass of ice. So when my mom & brother sat down, my mom stares at my glass and says.. what are you drinking? My brother says, in a sarcastic giggly voice... plan on chomping ice for lunch, now that's a diet! I said no, as a matter of fact, I'm drinking Wildberry Passion and whipped out my shaker bottle and filled my glass! My mom just looked at me and said.. I'm so proud of you!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 202/152/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hello All!

I'm just getting caught up reading posts. I made it back from vacation. Saint Maarten was wonderful! I did splurge with tropical drinks & light beer. But I made sure to eat fairly well, take my HNS & supplements and workout every other day. I thought for sure when I WI yesterday that I would see a 2-4 lb gain. I was pleasantly surprised to see .5 gain. Now, I need to concentrate the next couple weeks to get 4-5 lbs off then stabilization. Yesterday the consultant tried to talk me into staying OP to lose more weight until the end of June (when my contract ends). Not sure.

@teacherlady .. do not stress about your trip/vacation. Have a wonderful time but use common sense. All else fails .. you jump on another menu when you return. Life is too short!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuba girl View Post
Hello People,

Susie
Hang in there and do your best to stay on plan. There are so many things that effect our weight loss. Make sure you are either eating or having an HNS every 3-4 hours, drink lots of water, exercise (even just walking) has really helped me and fiber drinks have also helped me (I use Crystal light and add Benifiber).

Enjoy your hubbie comming home and the cruise and try not to stress out over the gain, this plan does work (never as fast as we want it to). If you stay OP, you will lose with weight.

Mariah

Mariah
Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi.

They had those brownies at the center today that we talked about and momoffour( hope I have that correct) was so kind to post the recipe.. I know I am not feeling well, when I declined .. I have decided not to make them, as everyone there said they were delicious and to die for. I am afraid I wil not be able to have just one. They did look good. Chocolate is my biggest trigger.

Wishing everyone a great day and a great weigh in.
Patzi
Hope you feel better soon - I have found the brownie recipie makes a large brownie or it would be difficult for me to stop at just 1 - I also like it uncooked (like brownie batter) and partially cooked so that the center is still gooey - it reminds me of lava cake. (also it is very good made with the hot chocolate instead of the double chocolate pudding).

Mariah
Closed Thread