Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
This is the first time since September I went off program and reason being..
I had a root canal done on Friday with mega complications due to an abscess and severe infections. Today pain is still there. Called Dentist and he told me what to do, and he will call me tomorrow to see how I am, and if not better, will have to put me back on antibiotics, which I just finished on Friday.He did not want to put me back on them, as they are very strong, but may have to. I am in horrific pain and can't chew, so have been having soups, and today, oatmeal in moring, as stomach upset from meds, and at lunch ,some fruit .

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and staying on program.

Patzi
Sorry you are in such pain. Hope you feel better soon!!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
This is the first time since September I went off program and reason being..
I had a root canal done on Friday with mega complications due to an abscess and severe infections. Today pain is still there. Called Dentist and he told me what to do, and he will call me tomorrow to see how I am, and if not better, will have to put me back on antibiotics, which I just finished on Friday.He did not want to put me back on them, as they are very strong, but may have to. I am in horrific pain and can't chew, so have been having soups, and today, oatmeal in moring, as stomach upset from meds, and at lunch ,some fruit .

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and staying on program.

Patzi
Sorry your not feeling well. I need to have some dental work done and am not looking foward to it. Hope you feel better soon and just take care of yourself without worring about the food.

Mariah
Old 05-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Patzie,

I hope you feel better soon. I have four dental procedures last year and was miserable (plus $4,0000 poorer).

It's important to take your antibiotics so infections doesn't spread to your heart or brain. I've seen both happen a couple of times.

Do you not have adequate pain medicine? I would ask for it if I were you. Pain can color your whole attitude and cause you to make bad decisions because you just don't care.

I had a terrible day Thursday. I went sssssoooooooo off plan. I ate 1500 calories, didn't exercise, and while what I ate what on plan--I really abused it.
For example I ate two hamburgers at lunch, two chicken breasts for dinner, three replacement bars and 4 HNS. I was so ravenous. I had just lost 3.6 lbs from my WI the day before and I didn't conciously think, "Oh now I can cheat," but I could not sleep until my stomach had that bloated feeling it used to have before I started MRC.

It was very odd. It was like my undisciplined, pre-diet personality took over and I had never heard of MRC.

But I've been OP since and feel so icky after missing exercise that day that I can't see myself slipping for a while. Luckily, I lost the taste for carbs or it could have been worse. I'm just sorry I probably stopped my losing streak.

Took a bunch of pics today for my son's prom and I wonder how I look in them. Still wearing baggy clothes but I hope to see a different woman. Usually I avoid having my picture taken but I was right up there with my son and his date smiling at the camera. A NSV for me.

Hope everyone has a great night and great tomorrow.
I'm glad to hear you are back OP! Learn from the choices you made so that you can make better ones next time and just keep moving forward! I know you can do this. I'm sure you will look great in the pictures with your son . . . I have very few pictures of myself and already find myself posing more when the camera comes out, rather than hiding behind it or my children.

Mariah
Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

Ok... since Wednesday nights weigh in to this mornings... the 7lbs I gained is all gone. Wow! Yay!

So I had a new consultant today, and she told me I wouldn't make my goal of 102 lbs off in the amount of time I have even though I'd already bought 10 more weeks and had a 3 week pull. Initially, this makes me annoyed because when I had the opportunity to buy 10 or 17 weeks, I'd said go with the more weeks, but that consultant said I wouldn't need them so now, of course, that deal is up. I understand what she was saying about an average of 3 lbs and with my gain last week, it drops my average, but I guess I'm just annoyed I lost that good deal. Anywho, I will get over myself and get back OP as much as possible so I can do it! Also, today's C. asked me what I'd really like to be at, and I told her in high school, I was around 120-130. She told me I wasn't going to be 120 again... that was annoying. How does she know that?! Anyways... I'm not going to let this discourage me. On the other hand, she did give me some good advice about my water intake, but on the other, it was just weird.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and soon to be mothers. I know first hand how hard it is to want to be one and not have the opportunity. Keep trying. If it is meant to be it will be!

Hope everyone has a great on plan day. I am already trying to avoid the mother's day cake the kids made me. We really need to work on finding an on plan alternative to cake and candy bars!!!
I barely escaped a slip up last night. I was trying to convince my husband that I NEEDED a snicker's peanut butter as we were checking out at the store. He finally caved but by the time I came back to the register our cashiere was done checking us out and I had to put it back. Then when we got home I think I was searching everywhere for some chocolate. I was getting everything out to make no bake cookies then decided to get the kids ready for bed. Thankfully I was too tired to make the cookies and went with a double chocolate pudding HNS. I stayed on plan!!!
(I've never used that dancing carrot, but I think it is appropriate now!)
Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling Nicole View Post
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and soon to be mothers. I know first hand how hard it is to want to be one and not have the opportunity. Keep trying. If it is meant to be it will be!

Hope everyone has a great on plan day. I am already trying to avoid the mother's day cake the kids made me. We really need to work on finding an on plan alternative to cake and candy bars!!!
I barely escaped a slip up last night. I was trying to convince my husband that I NEEDED a snicker's peanut butter as we were checking out at the store. He finally caved but by the time I came back to the register our cashiere was done checking us out and I had to put it back. Then when we got home I think I was searching everywhere for some chocolate. I was getting everything out to make no bake cookies then decided to get the kids ready for bed. Thankfully I was too tired to make the cookies and went with a double chocolate pudding HNS. I stayed on plan!!!
Good job staying OP!

Mariah
Old 05-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
Ok... since Wednesday nights weigh in to this mornings... the 7lbs I gained is all gone. Wow! Yay!

So I had a new consultant today, and she told me I wouldn't make my goal of 102 lbs off in the amount of time I have even though I'd already bought 10 more weeks and had a 3 week pull.

Anywho, I will get over myself and get back OP as much as possible so I can do it! Also, today's C. asked me what I'd really like to be at, and I told her in high school, I was around 120-130. She told me I wasn't going to be 120 again... that was annoying. How does she know that?! Anyways... I'm not going to let this discourage me. On the other hand, she did give me some good advice about my water intake, but on the other, it was just weird.
Sorry you had a rough consult . . . I would not get too fustrated though. . . I don't know how many weeks you have left, but no one can tell the future, if you stay OP, exerciese some, drink you water, etc. there is no telling how much you will lose or how long it will take. I have had some weeks where I've lost 5 lbs and others where I've only lost 1.5. Hang in there and fight for your goal.

It sounds like she was very rude about you not getting down to 120 and it might have been more diplomatic for her to suggest shooting for the 130's if she thought 120 was too low. (I have no idea what my final goal will be - I just bought the weeks I could afford which should get me to 168. I really want to get below 155 so that I am no longer considered "overweight" on the height-weight charts and I really think 145 might be a good number - but I really don't know yet . . . If I am muscular, I don't mind being a little heavier so we will see).

Hang in there, perhaps next time you can talk to someone else . . . Ultimately you are in control of your progress and your goals and you don't have to back down to anyone. If you want to get down to 120, then go for it! If they say you won't reach your goal in time, stay OP and try to prove them wrong. Tell yourself you can do this and keeping making good choices!

Mariah

Last edited by momoffour; 05-08-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post

So I had a new consultant today, and she told me I wouldn't make my goal of 102 lbs off in the amount of time I have even though I'd already bought 10 more weeks and had a 3 week pull. Initially, this makes me annoyed because when I had the opportunity to buy 10 or 17 weeks, I'd said go with the more weeks, but that consultant said I wouldn't need them so now, of course, that deal is up. I understand what she was saying about an average of 3 lbs and with my gain last week, it drops my average, but I guess I'm just annoyed I lost that good deal. Anywho, I will get over myself and get back OP as much as possible so I can do it! Also, today's C. asked me what I'd really like to be at, and I told her in high school, I was around 120-130. She told me I wasn't going to be 120 again... that was annoying. How does she know that?! Anyways... I'm not going to let this discourage me. On the other hand, she did give me some good advice about my water intake, but on the other, it was just weird.
Well...I think you should just get mad and lose down to 120 and show her she doesn't know what she's talking about!!!

Way to go on getting the 7 lbs back off!

Maybe you should talk to the consultant who said you didn't need the 17 weeks/or the center manager and see if they might possibly let you add the extra 7 back on (if needed) since you were talked out of buying them at the time. It's worth a try!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #189  

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling Nicole View Post

Thanks...Happy Mother's Day to you too! I believe almost all women are mothers to someone...even if they've never had children of their own!
I do the cheesecake for cake, and maybe the brownie recipe would work for a candy bar? Not sure as I don't have the super chocolate stuff needed to make it. I was thinking about trying to make the cinnamon cookies tonite though. (instead of bread/some protein).
I know, I know...not suppose to have them at night...but tom is here and I'm craving sweets!!

Last edited by newme12; 05-08-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #190  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default Wow.. What a weekend!

Well, I haven't been on here since Thursday because of the Arts & Crafts Fair. So I'm playing catch up. Here's how things went..

I was able to set up my booth Thursday evening, my sister-in-law had to leave so it was just me putting everything out. Around 7:30pm, I realized I was going to be there for a while longer. I didn't have my Phentratrim or MRC-6 but I did have 2 fat/carb blockers. So I took those and the only place to get something to eat was a BBQ place. 3 main meats on the menu - Brisket, pulled pork & sausage. The sides were baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw and some other things. Then I saw that they had a chicken salad salad on the menu. I ordered brisket & a side salad. The brisket was so greasy & fatty... I only had about 2oz of it, if that and the side salad was only about 2oz. On to the next day.

Friday was so slow at the craft fair. I packed my waters, lunch (salad & cottage cheese w/ apples) and made meal replacement cookies for dinner. I knew I would be sitting all day, I packed 5 HNS drinks. I was there from 9am-9pm. I called my center on Friday morning and told them that I couldn't wait until Monday to find out if I had gone below 300lbs. So I scheduled an appt for first thing Saturday morning. I got all my things packed for snacks & lunch (tuna/cottage cheese & apples) and made more cookies for dinner.. Along with 5 HNS.

I was at the center at 8:55am and got right in for my weigh in. I didn't have time to sit and chat because my booth was supposed to be open by 10am and still had to get a bag of ice and the drive was about 10 minutes. We went into the room with the scale. I took a deep breath and stepped on. The consultant shouted out and patted me on the back. She said "WOO HOO Candice! You're awesome! You've lost 3lbs!" I looked down and the scale showed 298.5!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! I clapped and started laughing. The consultant was so happy for me. It was an amazing feeling and still is. And on top of that.. I'm only 1/2lb away from signing the 30lb board!!

The craft fair was a bust - several vendors didn't do well. I didn't even make back my booth fee.. but you know what, I have so much to be thankful for! The craft fair is just going to be one of those live & learn type situations but the weight loss is going to be a lifelong thing!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend and congrats/good luck to all of you!

I'm off to change my ticker!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #191  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Patzi-- I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I'll keep you in my prayers this week.

Candice -- That's FANTASTIC! I totally understand how you feel. I went through a rough couple of weeks, and I was soooooooo happy and proud when I dropped under 200 lbs (for the first time in almost 9 years)!

Well, I think I burned some major calories this weekend. Went to yoga on Friday as usual. Then, Saturday, hubby and I went and bought 20 rolls of sod for our backyard off the patio. I helped unload the sod (ugh), then I worked on pulling stuff out of the garage and took it over to storage. Then I helped hubby unload--then reload--the super-heavy tiller he rented (for the garden and the areas we're sodding). I was so sore and exhausted last night, I fell asleep by 8pm!

Today I went to church (and completely avoided the brats grill-out they were doing afterward), then I dragged myself to the gym for a cardio workout. I didn't want to go, but I knew we were going to dinner with my in-laws tonight for Mother's Day. SOOOOO glad I went to the gym. I had the lamb steak & grilled asparagus, then asked that they substitute the mashed taters for sauteed veggies. I did have two small slices of baguette, and then I split a fresh-made riesling-lemon-ginger ice cream (they make a different ice cream fresh every day) with hubby. TO DIE FOR! TOTALLY worth dragging my stiff and sore body to the gym and running today.

I just inputted all my meals into livestrong.com (LOVE that site!), and even with the ice cream (I used Haagan-Daz ginger ice cream for Livestrong counts, since that brand doesn't hold much back in calories or fat and I have no idea how the restaurant made the ice cream), and I'm still right about where I should be, thanks to my smart meal choices today and the workout.

I went ahead and set up an appointment to sign stabilization paperwork with my very first consultant on Tuesday. I'm really being careful this weekend (except for my splurge tonight) to make sure I lose the 1.5lbs (or more!) that she wanted me to lose before going to stabilization.

Phew!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
I was at the center at 8:55am and got right in for my weigh in. I didn't have time to sit and chat because my booth was supposed to be open by 10am and still had to get a bag of ice and the drive was about 10 minutes. We went into the room with the scale. I took a deep breath and stepped on. The consultant shouted out and patted me on the back. She said "WOO HOO Candice! You're awesome! You've lost 3lbs!" I looked down and the scale showed 298.5!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! I clapped and started laughing. The consultant was so happy for me. It was an amazing feeling and still is. And on top of that.. I'm only 1/2lb away from signing the 30lb board!!

I'm off to change my ticker!
Congrats!!!!!!

Mariah
Old 05-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Patzi--

Well, I think I burned some major calories this weekend. Went to yoga on Friday as usual. Then, Saturday, hubby and I went and bought 20 rolls of sod for our backyard off the patio. I helped unload the sod (ugh), then I worked on pulling stuff out of the garage and took it over to storage. Then I helped hubby unload--then reload--the super-heavy tiller he rented (for the garden and the areas we're sodding). I was so sore and exhausted last night, I fell asleep by 8pm!

I went ahead and set up an appointment to sign stabilization paperwork with my very first consultant on Tuesday. I'm really being careful this weekend (except for my splurge tonight) to make sure I lose the 1.5lbs (or more!) that she wanted me to lose before going to stabilization.

Phew!
It sounds like you made great choices! I'm so excited for you and hope that stabilization goes smoothly for you.

Mariah
Old 05-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 234.1/215.8/175

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Candi.....That is amazing............
Old 05-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 234.1/215.8/175

Height: 5'6"

I had a busy weekend....my daughter came on Sat. for my birthday and took me to lunch at Texas Roadhouse....got steak, salad, and broccoli....no salt,no fat...
then went to a college grad. party and ate a hamburger patty in the late afternoon. Didn't get to eat supper until about 9:30 and it was a salad from Wendy's.... So Sunday morning I had gained 1 lb....my feet were so swollen and I didn't hardly pee all day.....Not looking forward to the scales in the morning...
Eating out stinks......But it was good.
Closed Thread