Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Things are moving right along!!!!!! Thank goodness. I don't think I've ever been so happy to have diarrhea!!

I was really nervous because I had arterial thrombosis (or deep vein thrombosis) in my small intestine about 12 years ago. It took exploratory surgery for them to discover this and while doing so, I died on the operating room table twice, woke up on a ventilator (scariest thing ever) and spent 2 weeks in ICU. The end result - they removed 2ft of my small intestine. So when I got blocked up, I got real scared.

Thanks to all of you for putting up with me and giving me all the tips. I am going to add benefiber or the MRC fiber to my diet. I really never want to go through this again.

It's WAY past my bedtime but my sister in law was over here checking on me and we were busy crafting. Getting ready for an Arts & Crafts fair is not a fun thing.. especially since this is my first one! Talk about stress!
So glad things are better! And sorry you had such a scare. Good luck with the fair!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #77  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Good morning!

Good morning all! I had some bad cravings for pizza and other junk last nite luckily i resisted but i did eat a piece of hard cheese in addition to my protein at my meal. I really think i am just getting bored with the food and I really need to start making some recipes. That is definately on my to do list this weekend. Anyway, then I started watching a TV special "Obesity in America" and it renewed my comittment to say no to certain things I don't need.

Teacherlady...sorry to hear about your sad situation.

Ok, well I am all set on a new day completely OP. Hope you all have a good one as well!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi..
Congrats to all that lost, and welcome back to members that have returned.

I weighed in today and lost another seed.. I lost .1, and I am delighted with that , as that went .1 point under the 3pound under goal that I want to stay at, and the foods that I added in on maintenance did not make me gain.

I made the Ranch style chicken fingers and they are awesome. Hubby loved them. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and all have a good weigh in.

Patzi
Congrats on the weight loss! I love the Ranch chicken fingers. This recipe is also very good using tilapia-just don't cook as long.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #79  
Lindsay

Default Artichokes

I was looking through some recipes and I really want to try to artichoke/dip or casserole. I have never seen frozen artichokes. Does anyone know what store carry or what brand I should look for?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #80  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Uggghhhh.

I weighed in yesterday, and I was up 1 lb. I'm pretty sure it's because of the way I ate on Saturday. My husband had a buddy come over to watch a movie with us, and we grilled out (not a problem), and the buddy brought tons of chips and oreos (problem). I had 2 chips and more than a few oreos. Luckily, I was able to stop myself before going completely overboard, but it was still a lot of excess calories (as I discovered when I finally looked at the nutrition info--they're worse for you than girl scout cookies!!!).

Then my sister found out on Sunday that her baby (she's at 22 weeks in her pregnancy) no longer has a heartbeat. I've been mostly OP, but stress snacking since I found out. Especially yesterday, as she was in the hospital all day for an induction, and it wasn't progressing at all. I picked up her boys from daycare (5 & 3 yr old), made them mac & cheese for dinner (ate a couple bites), made my own dinner (texas chili), and then ate some of their May Day candy with them (I only had 1-2 packs of smarties). It wasn't terrible or completely out-of-control, but it was extra calories in the form of fat and carbs.

Sis is still at the hospital this morning--slowly starting to get contractions--and my brother is watching the boys today so I can be at work. I'm going to have to figure out a way to mentally re-commit and be really strictly OP with myself this week and next, or getting to stabilization is going to end up getting dragged out forever. Gah!

I am SO. TIRED. But off to the gym I will go after work today--desperately need to work off the damage from yesterday.
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. She will be in my prayers.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #81  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Sis is still at the hospital this morning--slowly starting to get contractions--and my brother is watching the boys today so I can be at work. I'm going to have to figure out a way to mentally re-commit and be really strictly OP with myself this week and next, or getting to stabilization is going to end up getting dragged out forever. Gah!
So sorry to hear about your sister. You & your family are in my prayers.

I hope you can jump back on the wagon despite all the stress!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #82  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
I was looking through some recipes and I really want to try to artichoke/dip or casserole. I have never seen frozen artichokes. Does anyone know what store carry or what brand I should look for?
I'm having the same issue. I've been to all the Walmart's around here, plus Harp's and Price Cutter and have never seen forzen artichokes.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #83  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Uggghhhh.

I weighed in yesterday, and I was up 1 lb. I'm pretty sure it's because of the way I ate on Saturday. My husband had a buddy come over to watch a movie with us, and we grilled out (not a problem), and the buddy brought tons of chips and oreos (problem). I had 2 chips and more than a few oreos. Luckily, I was able to stop myself before going completely overboard, but it was still a lot of excess calories (as I discovered when I finally looked at the nutrition info--they're worse for you than girl scout cookies!!!).

Then my sister found out on Sunday that her baby (she's at 22 weeks in her pregnancy) no longer has a heartbeat. I've been mostly OP, but stress snacking since I found out. Especially yesterday, as she was in the hospital all day for an induction, and it wasn't progressing at all. I picked up her boys from daycare (5 & 3 yr old), made them mac & cheese for dinner (ate a couple bites), made my own dinner (texas chili), and then ate some of their May Day candy with them (I only had 1-2 packs of smarties). It wasn't terrible or completely out-of-control, but it was extra calories in the form of fat and carbs.

I am SO. TIRED. But off to the gym I will go after work today--desperately need to work off the damage from yesterday.
My prayers are with your sister and your family.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #84  
Started March 26, 2011

Default Oh SO close..

Well, I decided to go for a WI today. I would usually do this on Thursdays but I will be working and then going to set up for the craft fair and really didn't know if I would be able to make it into the center.

Considering everything my system has been through this week, I had gained .5 on Monday and now, I've lost 2 (so really 1.5). Which puts me at 2lbs away from being below 300!! I really wanted to break that point this week but oh well, it'll happen next week. I may try to squeeze in a WI first thing Saturday morning before I go to my booth.. but don't know for sure. I don't know if I can wait until Monday to find out if I went below 300.. but then again, not sure I will lose 2lbs between today and Saturday!?

Oh well! Hope everyone is having a great Hump Day!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #85  

Height: 5' 5"

And the streak continues!!!!! Lost another 0.5 pounds since Monday. That makes 19 out of 20 weigh-ins with a loss!

This is the lowest I have been in 2 years since the second month of my pregnancy. WOW!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #86  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
And the streak continues!!!!! Lost another 0.5 pounds since Monday. That makes 19 out of 20 weigh-ins with a loss!

This is the lowest I have been in 2 years since the second month of my pregnancy. WOW!!!

That is amazing!!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #87  
Lindsay

Quote:

Yeah!!! How inspiring! I think I will have to start keeping up with how many WIs I have been to. What part of FL are you in? I am in the Panhandle.

Lindsay
Old 05-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #88  

Quote:

Jen...
Very happy for you.. That is fantastic.
Patzi
Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #89  

Teacher Lady..
So sorry about your sister. Sending prayers your way.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #90  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Janett - I'm a prodigal too...and i've put on way more than 40lbs. Sigh. But, I'm taking control today. I've been OP since breakfast...even getting the water in. I've seen too many pictures of myself recently that have made me cringe and I wanna get back to a place where I like what I look like. Don't get me wrong...I love me, but I know I can do better...so I'm gonna....again. Try, try again, right?
Yes you are! You are gonna do it this time and so am I!! We were lost, but now we're found..
Closed Thread