S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Here's what I have:

Yellow = Meta-Slim Days 1 - 4
Blue = Meta-Slim Days 5 - 10
Green = Meta-Slim (Days 11 & up)
Beige = Meta-Slim Plus (for clients 200 lbs. & up)
White = Meta-Quick (Plateau busting menu where you have a shake or meal replacement bar in place of breakfast & lunch)
Actually, white = Meta-Slim Plus II (for clients 250 lbs & up). This is what I started on back in September.

I think your metaquick menu was probably white only because that's what they happened to copy it on. My center doesn't even give copies of metaquick. They just tell us about it when they want us to do it, as it is pretty simple.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #122  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Well I went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday for my birthday and I stayed OP. I had broiled fish and broccoli. When I got back to the office I had cantaloupe. Yay!
I go WI today and hope to see a loss.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Has anyone notice a change in any of the gel HNS? It seems every t ime I drink one, I have a very upset stomach, and with the orange flavor, I get diarrhea. However, the creamy cocoa, no problem. Just curious...
Patzi
I've noticed a bitter taste in them...and if you freeze it for like a popcicle...its so bitter I can't stand it...just pure nasty

Susie
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #124  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by enniecat View Post
Thanks for the info on the meal plans. One more question. The beige for people over 200 lbs. I am assuming you stay on that until you are under 200 lbs. Correct?
Well, there's a Meta-Slim Plus II Menu (white) for 250 lbs and up. Then there's beige, for 200-250 lbs.

Yes, you stay on it until you hit 200 lbs (or pretty close to it). My weight loss slowed waaaaaaaay down right at about 207 lbs, so they switched me to the green menu (for under 200 lbs) then.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Mariah-- My center started selling that chocolate stuff a couple months ago. Someone else mentioned, though, that it's going to be a limited-time product--they aren't always going to carry it.

I'm confused as to my latest measurements. When I went in Tuesday (and was up 1 lb, grrr), it was time for my monthly tanita and measurements. The tanita reading showed normal changes, but even though I'd lost close to 10 lbs in a month, for the first time my inches didn't change almost at all. Weird. Especially weird because my clothes have also gotten a little looser in the last month, too. I wondered if it might be because a different gal was measuring, but it's still weird.

Although, a lack of decresase in my bust may have been because I wasn't paying attention last time and was wearing a sports bra and this time I wasn't. But that doesn't explain the other parts of my body.
Thanks for the heads-up. . . I may have to ask if it is a limited-time product and then stock up if it is because those brownies were amazing!

Sorry that the scale and even the measurements are not cooperating. I do know the bra makes a huge difference in my bust, chest and somtimes even my shoulder measurement (don't as me why). Having someone else measure you can also make a difference, so do get to discouraged. I would trust the fact that your cloths are feeling losser. I guarnety after all the dryer did not cause your cloths to get bigger, so you must be shrinking.

Mariah
Old 05-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Mariah..
Is this recipe in MRC Cookbook? I really would like to make something like that for a treat.

Thanks
Patzi
I don't think it's in the cookbook. I posted it a little further down in this thread and I'll add it to the Recipie Thread.

Mariah
Old 05-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
First day back totally OP. I have got to get over my temptations! It is so hard! AHHHHH! I've been going up which is definitely NOT the right direction!

I'm at the car place and there are bags of freebie chips--I won't eat it. I won't eat it. I'll take the apple instead!

Are you all as mentally insane as me when it comes to food?!!! Help!
Yes I am at least as insane as you . . . A couple of days ago I was waiting to check out at Shopko in a very long line. They had all of the discounted Easter candy right there including the dreaded Cadbury eggs - on top of that they were on sale for $0.25. After arguing with myself for a few minutes I decided the temptation was too great and basically ran out of the store without the items I planned to buy. . . I will go back when the eggs are gone! At first I felt stupid, then proud and though it seems a bit silly and extreme I am glad I decided to run away since I knew that at that moment I was not strong enough to fight the craving.

Mariah
Old 05-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 210/207/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Uggghhhh.

I weighed in yesterday, and I was up 1 lb. I'm pretty sure it's because of the way I ate on Saturday. My husband had a buddy come over to watch a movie with us, and we grilled out (not a problem), and the buddy brought tons of chips and oreos (problem). I had 2 chips and more than a few oreos. Luckily, I was able to stop myself before going completely overboard, but it was still a lot of excess calories (as I discovered when I finally looked at the nutrition info--they're worse for you than girl scout cookies!!!).

Then my sister found out on Sunday that her baby (she's at 22 weeks in her pregnancy) no longer has a heartbeat. I've been mostly OP, but stress snacking since I found out. Especially yesterday, as she was in the hospital all day for an induction, and it wasn't progressing at all. I picked up her boys from daycare (5 & 3 yr old), made them mac & cheese for dinner (ate a couple bites), made my own dinner (texas chili), and then ate some of their May Day candy with them (I only had 1-2 packs of smarties). It wasn't terrible or completely out-of-control, but it was extra calories in the form of fat and carbs.

Sis is still at the hospital this morning--slowly starting to get contractions--and my brother is watching the boys today so I can be at work. I'm going to have to figure out a way to mentally re-commit and be really strictly OP with myself this week and next, or getting to stabilization is going to end up getting dragged out forever. Gah!

I am SO. TIRED. But off to the gym I will go after work today--desperately need to work off the damage from yesterday.
Very sorry to hear about your sister. I have a problem with snacking as well and it ALWAYS shows up on the scale. Hopefully you can find a way to OD on HNS' or something so you don't eat the cookies, etc. :-) GOOD LUCK AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuba girl View Post
I've noticed a bitter taste in them...and if you freeze it for like a popcicle...its so bitter I can't stand it...just pure nasty

Susie
They must have changed the ingredients. Wish I had kept an old box, but I just bought 5 a couple of weeks ago. I went to 2 HNS a day since on Maintenance. Thanks for your reply.

Patzi
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Well I went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday for my birthday and I stayed OP. I had broiled fish and broccoli. When I got back to the office I had cantaloupe. Yay!
I go WI today and hope to see a loss.
Good choices.. Wishing you a great weigh in tomorrow.

Patzi
Old 05-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffour View Post
I don't think it's in the cookbook. I posted it a little further down in this thread and I'll add it to the Recipie Thread.

Mariah
Thanks Mariah
Patzi
Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
Is there anything else you can take rather than HNS? It's just getting so expensive since I try to do 5 a day. Help.
I haven't purchased any HNS in over a week because quite frankly, I took a pay cut and need alternatives.

I was walking in WalMart and found Atkins Advantage Shakes.

15g protein
1 g sugar
160 calories
and 2 net carbs

They are 6 pack for like $6.50 (bonus pack). I like them.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #133  

I weighed in today and lost 3.4 pounds this week. I"M very happy! I'm down 13.4 pounds total and finally, finally signed the 10 pound board.

I'm going out of town this weekend to visit my man who just got back from Afghanistan last Saturday, so I'm going to make good food choices, but will indulge if I want.

I have a new mantra that's been helping me - You Eat. You Gym. I have been in the gym everyday for a week and it's helping. Also the B6 too.

You ladies have a great weekend!

Best,
Carmen
Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #134  

Default Checking In

So the meta-quick trial over the weekend was a huge fail - as I was starving and ended up eating not only the meal replacement bar but then a meal. I know she said the first day would be hard, but honestly that was ridiculous.

Also missed weigh in on Saturday due to house hunting. Wasn't surprised I received an e-mail on Monday asking when I was coming in LOL!! Talk about on the ball!!!

I also neglected to take my water with me 2 out of 4 days so I was completely off until Tuesday, I attempted the meta-quick again. Went great the first day. The second day was Wednesday and I went to weigh-in .. I was even, no loss - no gain. Again going on my 5th week!

The area director was in and asked me to send her my menus so she could look them over, and she also thought that if meta-quick didn't do it, then she would start me on the next menu down even though I'm 11 lbs away from the 250 I need to be.

I am fairly optimistic today - I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2 lbs .. and I still have a 1/2 day left of meta-quick before I go back to my regular menu. I'm hoping I at least keep the 2lbs off by the time I weigh in on Saturday. Hopefully the catch up on water will help too by then.

Frustrating!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmendmv View Post
I weighed in today and lost 3.4 pounds this week. I"M very happy! I'm down 13.4 pounds total and finally, finally signed the 10 pound board.

I'm going out of town this weekend to visit my man who just got back from Afghanistan last Saturday, so I'm going to make good food choices, but will indulge if I want.

I have a new mantra that's been helping me - You Eat. You Gym. I have been in the gym everyday for a week and it's helping. Also the B6 too.

You ladies have a great weekend!

Best,
Carmen

You're doing a great job Carmen, keep up the great work. I'm so happy "your man" is back from Afgahanistan safely, but you can enjoy your time with him and still make good food choices. . . Start planning now on what you will do.. . Are you going to eat out? You can stay OP at most restaraunts if you just do a little planning and keep a couple HSNs, bars, and melba in your purse and you will be ready for most situations. You don't need to overindulge in order to enjoy your time together. Focus on him, not the food and you will be fine!

Mariah
Closed Thread