Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by not going to give up View Post
One other thing I would like to know is what can you take in place of the HNS's because I hate them. I have tried all of them and the only one's I like is the drinks which you can only have one a day. I don't like the pudding. I like the jello but seems like you could buy fat free jello and it would be the same thing. Also I like the hot chocolate, but that also seems like you could buy low fat hot chocolate for a $1.00 a box instead of $14.00 for 7. Any responses would be appreciated.
Have you tried mixing the HNS with Diet Rite Soda? This is how I always have them, and I ended up using only 2 or 3 flavors. My favorite is the Orange HNS with the Diet Rite (DR) Tangerine. The HNS makes the soda the slightest bit creamy...like a cream soda. Pour 1/2 the can of soda in a glass, add the HNS and mix. It will foam a little, so only use 1/2 the can of soda. If you're limiting yourself to 2 DR Sodas per day, stick to 1/2 a can with an HNS, and you can get 4 HNS this way. I think the DR soda is still good when the carbonation is gone, so saving it until the next time you need an HNS wasn't a problem for me.

Other good combinations are the DR Cherry Cola with the Mixed Berry (not Wild Berry or whatever it's called.) Mixed Berry says 'Tropic' on the actual HNS package, not the box. I also like Mixed Berry with Tangerine DR. I'm drawing a blank on the name of the HNS that tastes like a green Jolly Rancher, but that one is also good with Tangerine DR. There's also a Raspberry DR that is good with Mixed Berry as well. I really only buy Orange and Mixed Berry, along with the Hot Cocoa. If your center has a trade basket, try different flavor combinations without having to buy a full box.

Also, the Strawberry Gelatin is good if you top it with the vanilla pudding. Only eat 1/2 at one time to get one HNS total.

Hope that helps!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #167  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkynurse View Post
Hello all! I am new to the Metabolic Research Center program. I just began on January 11th and so far I've lost 8 pounds! Woo hoo!! I was very excited to find this website. So many of you with so many wonderful ideas, stories, recipes, etc. I very much look forward to getting to know you guys!!
Welcome Welcome, this is a great 1st step for you, 8 pounds down is great! keep up the good work
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #168  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
Someone help me understand.....We are on a calorie restictive diet, so we should lose regardless if we have a small "cheat" or not...correct?? Then the MRC center talks about being in the "fat burning" mode and if we take a bit of something off program then we won't lose. Why not, if our calories are low?? Not that I am thinking of cheating, just trying to understand.
The way one of the counselors put it to me, is that going off plan at all will throw your body out of ketosis, which is where you burn fat. You might still lose, but you aren't in ketosis. If you go off plan it takes 3 days for your body to get back in to ketosis.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretgrl77 View Post
I had the same experience last week. They said I had lost 19.5 lbs but I added it up later and it was actually 20. I've stopped weighing twice a week as well...seems like a waste of time to me.
I was freaking myself out, so, I started weighting in on Saturday mornings only. I was making myself a wreck by weighing in after work on Wednesday, so, full of water and food. I was almost always up or barely down. Then Saturday would come around and I'd be down because I go after breakfast and very little water. I decided weighing once a week worked better for me, keeps me off of that emotional rollercoaster.

Another suggestion a counselor made to me was comparing my Wednesday weigh ins to last Wednesday's weigh in and Saturday's to last Saturday's weigh in.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 256/198/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepeanut View Post
I was freaking myself out, so, I started weighting in on Saturday mornings only. I was making myself a wreck by weighing in after work on Wednesday, so, full of water and food. I was almost always up or barely down. Then Saturday would come around and I'd be down because I go after breakfast and very little water. I decided weighing once a week worked better for me, keeps me off of that emotional rollercoaster.

Another suggestion a counselor made to me was comparing my Wednesday weigh ins to last Wednesday's weigh in and Saturday's to last Saturday's weigh in.
That's a good idea. I try to weigh in on mornings as well. I found that I was always up if I weighed in at the end of the day. Even though they told me it was water weight I would still beat myself over it.
Secretgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

just for kicks one day, I brought my full water bottle that I usually drink with me to my weigh in appt. It's a 1.5 liter bottle so that's 50oz. I put it on the Tanita and that thing weighed 3 pounds. After that, I stopped going to WI in the afternoons. I am the first one there in the am and I don't eat or drink anything until afterwards.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
They are a meal replacement bar - the wafers were good! I really liked the strawberry ones, not sure if they sell them or not. Was looking to see if I could find on other sites to purchase, but so far no luck.
U cn find the wafers @ diethighprotein.com for 12.00 a bx. Look under bariaxtix
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 237/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
Someone help me understand.....We are on a calorie restictive diet, so we should lose regardless if we have a small "cheat" or not...correct?? Then the MRC center talks about being in the "fat burning" mode and if we take a bit of something off program then we won't lose. Why not, if our calories are low?? Not that I am thinking of cheating, just trying to understand.
I believe the high protien diet keeps your body in ketosis (breaking down fat and peeing it out). I don't know if they still do it, but I had to test my urine with little litmus strips at the center. Ketosis also gives you bad breath, so chew your sugarless gum!

I'm bummed...I'm at a plateau and ended up cheating yesterday. Two reduced-fat hot dogs on my low calorie bread with a little light mayo at lunch. I ate some cauliflower with it to fill me up a little. I just couldn't bear to eat the chicken I made the day before. I counted it as my dinner since I had a starch and ate the lunch menu at dinner. So I'm back OP now...I'm just trying to let it go.

I have quit taking the MRC-6 because of an allergic reaction (hives), but it's not getting any better. I've heard that too much B-6 can do the same thing, so I'm going to quit taking the All Day Weight Loss as well and see if it will clear up. I don't know if it's a mental thing, but I've been getting hungrier between meals.

Anyway...this too shall pass...
GoodGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #174  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
just for kicks one day, I brought my full water bottle that I usually drink with me to my weigh in appt. It's a 1.5 liter bottle so that's 50oz. I put it on the Tanita and that thing weighed 3 pounds. After that, I stopped going to WI in the afternoons. I am the first one there in the am and I don't eat or drink anything until afterwards.
I feel like a WI in the am before food r water is a true WI
Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #175  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn5192008 View Post
U cn find the wafers @ diethighprotein.com for 12.00 a bx. Look under bariaxtix
I have a box of the wafers left but can not recall when u can get one to replace a meal?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #176  
One Meal At A Time

CMB just seen u have 3 more pounds to go......... How cool is that!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #177  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

JStuckly---You can use a meal replacement bar or wafer on the green menu for either breakfast or lunch. My green menu says you have to omit bread & protein or fruit & protein. Not to exceed 3 times per week.
1 thinner me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #178  
One Meal At A Time

Yea I was thinking you where going to say green! huuh I am starting blue in the am and I like the replacements on the weekend (when you are on the go)
Old 01-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
CMB just seen u have 3 more pounds to go......... How cool is that!
SOOOOO COOOL!! AT WI today, down another 2 pounds... 1.5 to go! On week 3 of stabilization! So Happy! Thanks!

Carla
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #180  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
SOOOOO COOOL!! AT WI today, down another 2 pounds... 1.5 to go! On week 3 of stabilization! So Happy! Thanks!

Carla
Way to go Carla. I can't wait until I finally get to stabilization. Seems like it has taken so long, and things have been really slow, but I'm plugging away. Congratulations!
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote