Old 01-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #31  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello and Happy New Year!

I MRC friends! I am back, I don't remember some of you but I do rememeber Fifties Lady! This is my 3rd (OMG) time on MRC and I AM GOING TO MAKE IT WORK this time. I have too, because I will not sign again after this. I am on preconditioning since 1/1 but I have really been on the green menu. I am supposed to start my menu on Thursday; they may put me on beige menu till i get back under 200lbs. I WI as 209 at my resigning and today I WI at home at 201, mostly water weight but very encouraging. ANy way I wish all of us great success in the new year and hope to get to know all of you on the boards.
Lindsay
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #32  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I'm back, but it will take some time to catch up on all the posts. Keiko - way to go, 50 lbs lost is a great achievement. Kathyb you are doing so good as well, 50 lbs in such a short time. You will be in onderland in no time.

FL - love the picture, and the puppy. The snow makes for a very pretty picture, but it did wreak havoc on many holiday plans. it doesn't look like we are going to see much of a break from it hanging around for a few months either.

I got very lazy the week after Christmas. My employer gives us the entire week off so after the hustle of finishing the semester at school, then late nights finishing gifts that I decided to make for Christmas, the plans of working out everyday didn't happen. We went to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs for the weekend on the 26th to celebrate my birthday. That was my gift from my future mil and fil, and she plans everything around food. Good news for the break was I got to sign the 60 lb board before my birthday, bad news - after the lazy week I have a couple of lbs to lose again. Had the last of the birthday celebrations yesterday with lunch with co-workers, so I'm back 100% OP and working to lose as much as I can before the end of this month. I'm heading to Phoenix for a girls weekend to start looking for my wedding dress!

Welcome to all that have joined and congrats to all that made it through the holidays, had nsv's and losses.

Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and lighter New Year!
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Hope 2010 is starting off great for everyone! I have been out of town for a few days and will go WI tomorrow. I brought my food scale with me but haven't weighed since last Thursday. I am trying to break my addiction to my other scale - almost packed it as well - but told myself to be strong! I'm just hoping I did as good as I feel I did and that I'm down a few more pounds tomorrow!

I'm excited I finally got my ticker! It is so motivating to see my little cheerleader move!

Keep up the good work! This is our year!
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #34  

Height: 5'5"

I had a good dose of reality yesterday. I have gained back 11 of the 20 lbs I have lost. This has happened over the last 2 months and I have had a couple lbs down then back up. I would do well at breakfast and maybe lunch then off program. Its been a bumpy ride!! At WI yesterday I was talking about my lower back hurting for a few months and the counselor asked "Do you think its because of the weight you put back on?" This is the first time a counselor actually mentioned me gaining back the weight. I was lying to myself saying it was water weight or too much salt but who was I kidding??? I put 11 lbs back on!

Good news is that I am totally remotivated. I changed my ticker to show my REAL weight and my new goal for 10 lbs lost in January. I am 4 meals on plan and have decided to go to counseling to help with the emotional part of the weight loss that I have been struggling with. I also bought the Juliann Michaels 30 Day Shred and did my first workout this morning.

Here we go...!!!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I had a good dose of reality yesterday. I have gained back 11 of the 20 lbs I have lost. This has happened over the last 2 months and I have had a couple lbs down then back up. I would do well at breakfast and maybe lunch then off program. Its been a bumpy ride!! At WI yesterday I was talking about my lower back hurting for a few months and the counselor asked "Do you think its because of the weight you put back on?" This is the first time a counselor actually mentioned me gaining back the weight. I was lying to myself saying it was water weight or too much salt but who was I kidding??? I put 11 lbs back on!

Good news is that I am totally remotivated. I changed my ticker to show my REAL weight and my new goal for 10 lbs lost in January. I am 4 meals on plan and have decided to go to counseling to help with the emotional part of the weight loss that I have been struggling with. I also bought the Juliann Michaels 30 Day Shred and did my first workout this morning.

Here we go...!!!
Glad you are back. I do believe my problems are emotional and this is why I hit a roadblock with my weight loss. I went in today to the center and laid it on the line for them. I have a sugar addiction that is kicking my butt big time. They are great there though. We talked about it and came up with a plan. I didn't feel like they were just trying to sell me stuff either. I felt like they really want me to succeed and they will do whatever needs to be done to help with that.. I left feeling pretty good and like I can move on and get the last little bit of weight off before it becomes alot of weight. I need to workout and walk more often to make this happen. I will do it and I will be successful..

Cheers!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Glad you are back. I do believe my problems are emotional and this is why I hit a roadblock with my weight loss. I went in today to the center and laid it on the line for them. I have a sugar addiction that is kicking my butt big time. They are great there though. We talked about it and came up with a plan. I didn't feel like they were just trying to sell me stuff either. I felt like they really want me to succeed and they will do whatever needs to be done to help with that.. I left feeling pretty good and like I can move on and get the last little bit of weight off before it becomes alot of weight. I need to workout and walk more often to make this happen. I will do it and I will be successful..

Cheers!
Ronnie
Sounds like we're in the same boat. I am really hoping to get some insight through counseling. I have done it before but never for weight loss. I think we sometimes get in our own way and need a non-biased person to help show us the road blocks so we can get back on track. I too need to exercise more. I recently moved and have my own office/me room and this morning I did my video in there. Its nice having my own space (I live with my boyfriend) and I plan on transforming it to truely be mine. I have plenty of floor room to do exercises like yoga and pilates so I think I will start to retreat to MY ROOM for exercise more often.

Good luck and PM me if you would like to exchange numbers to talk about the emotional stuff sometime!!!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

So, talk about some stressful stuff. As those of you that are in Nebraska the weather here has been terrible, the roads have been snowy, icy, etc. Well a couple of my girlfriends and I went out to Ann Taylor Loft at Village Pointe on Saturday night for some great deals and were headed to Olive Garden for dinner (a girls night out that we all needed.) Well on our way to Olive Garden we hit a patch of ice, did a 360, and flipped the truck and ended up in a snow bank. Talk about scary! Anyway, we are all fine, no injuries to report other than my friend's soon-to-be hubby's truck. I got to spend an hour in the back of a police car (first time ever.) When we finally made it home they broke open a bottle of wine. As much as I wanted to have a glass, I declined that was probably one time when I could have absolutely justified going off plan. Anyway, hope everyone drives safely over the next few days as we are expected to have another round of bad weather. We truly had angels watching over us!
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
So, talk about some stressful stuff. As those of you that are in Nebraska the weather here has been terrible, the roads have been snowy, icy, etc. Well a couple of my girlfriends and I went out to Ann Taylor Loft at Village Pointe on Saturday night for some great deals and were headed to Olive Garden for dinner (a girls night out that we all needed.) Well on our way to Olive Garden we hit a patch of ice, did a 360, and flipped the truck and ended up in a snow bank. Talk about scary! Anyway, we are all fine, no injuries to report other than my friend's soon-to-be hubby's truck. I got to spend an hour in the back of a police car (first time ever.) When we finally made it home they broke open a bottle of wine. As much as I wanted to have a glass, I declined that was probably one time when I could have absolutely justified going off plan. Anyway, hope everyone drives safely over the next few days as we are expected to have another round of bad weather. We truly had angels watching over us!
Oh how horrible!!! Thank God no one was hurt. The streets are so bad here in Lincoln and everyone wants to go fast around you or tail gate you. Another round of snow tomorrow plus winds are moving in, so it doesn't sound good at all. I brought my work home just in case I don't make it in. I am so ready for Spring to get here. Do you ever wonder why we stay here when we could be living in AZ or Hawaii?
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #39  

E4FEwife- glad no one was hurt. I'm in Colorado so I know how bad you guys are getting it this year. Stay safe and warm!

I'm so excited for everything this year is going to bring. I'm getting married in October and going to Europe! I can't wait to go to France and NOT be a fat American! I'm stoked to go wedding dress shopping and say Yes to the dress (I'm totally addicted to that show). It's going to be a great year!
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post

Here we go...!!!
Way to get back OP!! The conflicts (bumps in the road) make us stronger, when we can be honest with ourselves and get through them. It's so surprising to me how we can be in denial about our weight. I have been for many years, until my doctor amongst other things, gave me a wake-up call. I still need these wake-up calls to keep me focused. I signed up for a bunch of classes in January and have come to the reality that this is going to be a life long journey for me. It's not just about the eating...it's about digesting these valuable tools for life. My dad's side of the family is filled with obesity issues and illnesses. I have to get a handle on this now and just realize that this is like diabetes for me. Diabetes (etc...) was the direction I was heading (sprinting) down and I need these classes and tools to get a handle on my eating disorder. Anyways, thanks for sharing because it is helpful to see that people feel and experience the same things that I do. I gained .5 pds over the holidays...not drastic, however I know myself and my denial ways and decided to FIGHT it by signing up for classes, staying OP, and taking my water more seriously. Again, thanks for sharing your information...it's amazing how these threads help us all.
CndLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Someone please explain... what is NSV?????
CndLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CndLou View Post
Someone please explain... what is NSV?????
That one took me a while to figure out....but it's a non scale victory. Have a good week!
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 192/188/138

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good Luck in 2010 to everyone!!
Anti Gluten Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #44  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Here we go....just wondering if I should do preconditioning or just start the Day 1-4 menu. Any ideas????
I actually lost more weight faster on preconditioning. I actually thought about going back on that menu to mix things up a bit and see if I can get the rest of this weight off by February when I go shopping for new clothes.

I can't seem to find that particular menu anywhere. Anynone got a copy?
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZackery View Post

I actually lost more weight faster on preconditioning. I actually thought about going back on that menu to mix things up a bit and see if I can get the rest of this weight off by February when I go shopping for new clothes.

I can't seem to find that particular menu anywhere. Anynone got a copy?
I did the same thing. Lost 4 pounds on pre and cannot seem to lose any now. Holidays did not help.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote