Old 01-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #151  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

1thinner - way to go on 3.6lbs down!!!!! Love your idea on making a board to sign
JStuckly - even when I was doing the program at the center I only weighed in once a week - because of fluctuations from day to day and I could not deal with that.

Well for breakfast today I had a meal replacement bar that I found at Wal-Mart. I found it from another thread where someone was so GREAT to do research on the bars that could be bought outside of the center for cheaper that were comparable to MRCs bars. It was great and much cheaper. It was called pure protein - smores flavored. YUMMY!!!!
kristih6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 237/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Are the vanilla wafer things from the center worth buying? Are they a meal replacement? I'm doing the program by mail/phone and would like to know if they are worth buying.
GoodGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #153  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

They are a meal replacement bar - the wafers were good! I really liked the strawberry ones, not sure if they sell them or not. Was looking to see if I could find on other sites to purchase, but so far no luck.
kristih6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #154  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Have yall heard this? The trainer I seen a few years ago said if you drink cold water you burn more becuase your body works harder when its could becuase it has to warm it up....
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Went to WI today and was down 3 lbs.. Yay!!!.. I thought I'd get to sign the 30lb board, but the counselor said 29.. So I left thinking I'll get to sign it next week. Then I got back to work and actually did the subtraction and it was 30lbs.. I know it's only 1 lb but still... I'll have to remind them to fix the chart next time.

I agree with some who say to only weigh in once a week. I was doing it twice, and making myself obsessed by the scale number. The last few weeks I've only gone in once a week and it's been positive. I don't seem to have the high (loose) and the low (gain). Your body fluxuates so much.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #156  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
Went to WI today and was down 3 lbs.. Yay!!!.. I thought I'd get to sign the 30lb board, but the counselor said 29.. So I left thinking I'll get to sign it next week. Then I got back to work and actually did the subtraction and it was 30lbs.. I know it's only 1 lb but still... I'll have to remind them to fix the chart next time.

I agree with some who say to only weigh in once a week. I was doing it twice, and making myself obsessed by the scale number. The last few weeks I've only gone in once a week and it's been positive. I don't seem to have the high (loose) and the low (gain). Your body fluxuates so much.
GOOD JOB
30 pounds is a small child! u should fell great, keep up the good work
Old 01-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #157  

Height: 5'6''

YAY for 30lbs!! I realized this week that I've lost more than my son weighs He's not 30lbs yet...so exciting to think about. Then I pick him up and think Wow...thats alot of weight to not carry around on my body.

Last time I was OP, when i hit 40lbs lost, I went to the grocery store and picked up two 20lbs bags of potatoes so I could feel how heavy that weight was. Try it if you haven't. Go pick up something that you know weighs your loss ammount. Weights, produce...something. It's really inspirational.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #158  
One Meal At A Time

Hvnlymzic I was thinking about posting the same thing about picking up ur lost weight...lol
Old 01-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 256/198/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post

I had the same experience last week. They said I had lost 19.5 lbs but I added it up later and it was actually 20. I've stopped weighing twice a week as well...seems like a waste of time to me.
Secretgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Someone help me understand.....We are on a calorie restictive diet, so we should lose regardless if we have a small "cheat" or not...correct?? Then the MRC center talks about being in the "fat burning" mode and if we take a bit of something off program then we won't lose. Why not, if our calories are low?? Not that I am thinking of cheating, just trying to understand.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
Someone help me understand.....We are on a calorie restictive diet, so we should lose regardless if we have a small "cheat" or not...correct?? Then the MRC center talks about being in the "fat burning" mode and if we take a bit of something off program then we won't lose. Why not, if our calories are low?? Not that I am thinking of cheating, just trying to understand.
I agree with you. Calorie is a calorie. I have not lost but a couple of pounds in 3 months. I did stay right on program and now I do cheat some. Sometimes there is something else going on with your system to keep you from losing weight. The doctor is trying to get to the bottom of why I am not losing weight.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by not going to give up View Post
I agree with you. Calorie is a calorie. I have not lost but a couple of pounds in 3 months. I did stay right on program and now I do cheat some. Sometimes there is something else going on with your system to keep you from losing weight. The doctor is trying to get to the bottom of why I am not losing weight.
One other thing I would like to know is what can you take in place of the HNS's because I hate them. I have tried all of them and the only one's I like is the drinks which you can only have one a day. I don't like the pudding. I like the jello but seems like you could buy fat free jello and it would be the same thing. Also I like the hot chocolate, but that also seems like you could buy low fat hot chocolate for a $1.00 a box instead of $14.00 for 7. Any responses would be appreciated.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

[QUOTE=not going to give up;3106540]One other thing I would like to know is what can you take in place of the HNS's because I hate them.

The only HNS (clear) that I use is the green tea. I slurp it right out of the plastic container. It is kinda like taking medicine, but at least it isn't prolonged by adding water to it.
I use the vanilla pudding and a chai tea bag to make a vanilla chai tea drink. That is very good, especially on these cold winter days.
The Hns have potassium and other "goodies" in them that we need to sustain our bodies and help the hunger, sugar cravings. I don't think just any hot chocolate or plain jello will supply you with these extra nutrients our bodies need.
check out diet direct for cheaper options on hns and bars.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone - just checking in and posting my latest WI results. I'm down to 177 pounds - one more pound and I get to sign the 20 pound board! Yea!
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/155

Height: 5'11''

Hello all! I am new to the Metabolic Research Center program. I just began on January 11th and so far I've lost 8 pounds! Woo hoo!! I was very excited to find this website. So many of you with so many wonderful ideas, stories, recipes, etc. I very much look forward to getting to know you guys!!
chunkynurse is offline   Reply With Quote