Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
I broke my plateau.

Either it was the live chicken sacrifices I made to the diet goddess and gods or the fact that I did my own version of Medi-Quik, but the curse has now been lifted.

I lost 3.5 lbs. I am below my mental and physical barrier so now the pressure is on to continue!

I'm worried because I start back to work tonight and this will really muck with the eating schedule I've laid out for the past 6 days, but I think I can maintain the same diet. I just may not be "the really nice nurse" for a while, lol as my stomach growls and I think about sneaking off to the cafe.
Can you give me the details on how to preform the live chicken sacrifices? I keep deep frying them with beer batter and serve with garlic mashed potatoes. Not working!
Lucky for me the cafe is closed from 7 pm to 6:30 am. And then all I can think about is getting home and into bed!
Congradulations on getting past that barrier. What a great feeling! This proves that is about you and not some number on the scale.
Seems like I am battling the same problem! Home scale goes to 169 and then bounces back up. So I am tired of not loosing for almost 6 weeks and have slid into a bad habit of eating off plan. Not badly but enough. Like working at a job and discovering you don't get a paycheck! You just don't work as hard!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #137  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! I had a great time, but didn't end up eating where I wanted to. I ate at an Italian restaurant and the food just wasn't quite what I wanted, but I ate it anyway. I'm up 6 lbs in 2 days but am hard at work at getting it back off and am committed to it. It's pretty sad that the 6 lbs came from foods that I really didn't want but ate anyway. Such is life. I'm back and committed! Thanks again you are all wonderful!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #138  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
Hey all-- saw all the questions about keeping weight off once yougo into maintenance---
Well, i havent been in maintenace for very long (only a few months) but here is what im finding out....
-- if you want to keep the weight off, EXERCISE has to become/stay and important and necessary component in everyday life, for the rest of your life. Diet got the weight off, exercise will help to keep it off.
---When i first wen into maintnance i was TERRIFIED to eat anything off plan, and i am still, a little..... What ive begun to do, slowly, is calorie count/calorie cycle. Going off stabilization i was getting approx 1400-1500 cals a day. With the amount of exercise i do, there is NO REASON i shouldnt be able to eat 1800 to 2000 on a NORMAL day....BUT i didnt want to just jump right up to those levels and shock my body, you know? SO i started cycling my calories (all pretty much working within the MRC stabilization menus though) and one day have 1200, and one day 1400 and one day 1600. Over the course of a few weeks ive Upped the lower/upper end so righ now i cycle between 1350 1550 and 1850 during the week. This is keeping my metabolism guessing, and im starting to incorporate more extras to get the extra calories. FOr instance i will have a FULL serving of oatmeal instead of the darned 1/4 cup. I will also add nuts to oatmeal and yogurt, and raisins, and honey....... I gained a few pounds back when i first went into maintenace, however, i also quit smoking then too..... but last time i went to weigh-in, since id started the calorie cycling, i was DOWN 3 pounds!!
I just wanted to say thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Your accomplishments and sharing is great encouragement for everyone. I love seeing how others are able to incorporate everything learned on this journey and put it to use once the weight is gone.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 225.5/186/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Today at WI I was down .5 lb. I was hoping for more. Since I didn't weigh in until lunch time, I'm thinking maybe I drank too much liquid beforehand as my scale was showing I was down 2 lbs. Hopefully it will show up on the next WI on Fri.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks for all the good info on maintenance. When I first started reading the posts here, a couple of months before I joined, I kept doubting how everyone was saying how easy it is to lose. And then reading some who rejoined because they gained all the weight back scared the living **** out of me.

It is a lifestyle change of eating healthy. We all know what we should and should not be eating, but sometimes you just want to taste something so very good. I think the key is moderation. Pushing yourself from the table before you stuff yourself. Maybe we should all keep our "fat" picture on the fridge to remind us everytime we want to eat the wrong things. We all know we don't want to be there again.

I'm curious about maintenance, do you still drink the HNS's? I hope not. Sometimes I wonder how well we would all do by following just the menu and not drinking the HNS's? Just a thought.

I hope to someday get there and see what it is all about. For now, I am still on the same menu that I started with and even though it's coming off slow, I do feel better and I am buying new clothes....that alone is worth it all!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Thanks for all the good info on maintenance. When I first started reading the posts here, a couple of months before I joined, I kept doubting how everyone was saying how easy it is to lose. And then reading some who rejoined because they gained all the weight back scared the living **** out of me.

It is a lifestyle change of eating healthy. We all know what we should and should not be eating, but sometimes you just want to taste something so very good. I think the key is moderation. Pushing yourself from the table before you stuff yourself. Maybe we should all keep our "fat" picture on the fridge to remind us everytime we want to eat the wrong things. We all know we don't want to be there again.

I'm curious about maintenance, do you still drink the HNS's? I hope not. Sometimes I wonder how well we would all do by following just the menu and not drinking the HNS's? Just a thought.

I hope to someday get there and see what it is all about. For now, I am still on the same menu that I started with and even though it's coming off slow, I do feel better and I am buying new clothes....that alone is worth it all!
Yahoo! New clothes, my favorite. Have you bought a little black dress for the holidays? Maybe some fancy undies? :
Saw a commercial with the leopard snuggies and my friends just could not understand why I thought it was so funny!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Yahoo! New clothes, my favorite. Have you bought a little black dress for the holidays? Maybe some fancy undies? :
Saw a commercial with the leopard snuggies and my friends just could not understand why I thought it was so funny!
OMG Lori....I seen a leopard snugglie in the store and thought of you right away. You have to get yourself one to match your undies.

Yes, new dress slacks and jeans...that is fun. Although I tried on the 16W and they were too big, so the clerk directed me over to the misses dept. and told me to try a 16 there in jeans...I'm thinking...no way....but yes....way!!! I couldn't believe it. Something has changed in clothing sizes...I really believe that. When I use to weight 135, I was just starting to get into a 10 then. I'm along ways from 135, but if I can get into a 16 at my weight now, then when I do get there (hope hope) I could be getting into a size 2???

No black dress yet, but that is on my shopping list when I do get closer to goal. Maybe we can all meet someday and wear our black dresses. People will wonder if we are all in mourning...and we will say yes....we lost our precious weight.

My husband has really been giving me compliments that has just made my head swell. In fact, he told his golf buddy today how I'm really losing weight....imagine that...you would think they would have better things to talk about on the golf course than me!!!! I think he deserves some of those hot leopard undies on me soon. Hmmmmm.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
OMG Lori....I seen a leopard snugglie in the store and thought of you right away. You have to get yourself one to match your undies.

Yes, new dress slacks and jeans...that is fun. Although I tried on the 16W and they were too big, so the clerk directed me over to the misses dept. and told me to try a 16 there in jeans...I'm thinking...no way....but yes....way!!! I couldn't believe it. Something has changed in clothing sizes...I really believe that. When I use to weight 135, I was just starting to get into a 10 then. I'm along ways from 135, but if I can get into a 16 at my weight now, then when I do get there (hope hope) I could be getting into a size 2???

No black dress yet, but that is on my shopping list when I do get closer to goal. Maybe we can all meet someday and wear our black dresses. People will wonder if we are all in mourning...and we will say yes....we lost our precious weight.

My husband has really been giving me compliments that has just made my head swell. In fact, he told his golf buddy today how I'm really losing weight....imagine that...you would think they would have better things to talk about on the golf course than me!!!! I think he deserves some of those hot leopard undies on me soon. Hmmmmm.
Absolutely, get those undies! Proud of him to brag about you to his golf buddy, shows he is paying attention to the most important thing in his life. You!
And I am all for getting dressed up in our LBDs. I am not sure the world could handle that much awesomeness in one place but that would be the world's problem! I am sure I will be heading out to Omaha again to see my friend there.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=little edie;3008096]I broke my plateau.

Either it was the live chicken sacrifices I made to the diet goddess and gods or the fact that I did my own version of Medi-Quik, but the curse has now been lifted.
QUOTE]

Do those sacrifices involve any kind of weird dancing? just kidding. Are you willing to share what was your version of MQ?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #145  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
. . .My only concern is once I start stabalization...does anyone know how that works yet? If so would you be willing to share. . .
I'm willing to share but I put the secrets on the "Help from maintainers..." thread, so if you really want to know how stabilization and maintenance works you can go look there. I also posted on my profile (Click on 'reuselady') the Before and After pictures MRC took of me - 19 May 2009 when I first signed up and 19 October 2009 when I started Stabilization. I was really shocked seeing them side by side like that - I knew clothes were loose but I did not really realize how different losing 35 pounds made me look. This is what I'm going to put on the fridge for me to see and be reminded of when I want to overindulge!

Last edited by reuselady; 11-10-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
I'm willing to share but I put the secrets on the "Help from maintainers..." thread, so if you really want to know how stabilization and maintenance works you can go look there. I also posted on my profile (Click on 'reuselady') the Before and After pictures MRC took of me - 19 May 2009 when I first signed up and 19 October 2009 when I started Stabilization. I was really shocked seeing them side by side like that - I knew clothes were loose but I did not really realize how different losing 35 pounds made me look. This is what I'm going to put on the fridge for me to see and be reminded of when I want to overindulge!
You look "marvelous darling"!!! Thank you for sharing your pics and info. It will be very useful to many of us. Now you are ready for your "sexy black dress"!!! Congratulations ReuseLady!!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #147  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Thank you for the information reuselady - you do look amazing! Can't wait to be there with you.

I like what everyone has been saying about this program being a lifestyle change. That is exactly what it is. I also like to hear that there are other people that realize sometime you just have to indugle on a dessert or piece of pizza. The key is just to not let it get out of control and then get right back onto the good eating habits again. This is hard to do at times, trust me I know!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday - will be weighing in on Friday from home and am hoping for some type of loss!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

reuselady - Your pictures look amazing!!! A true inspiration for me who is just starting out and maybe still a little skeptical! Thanks for the boost!!! and Congratulations - you've done a great job!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #149  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Thank you everyone. I was so thankful to the ones who went before me, sharing their adventures, stories and encouragement. I am glad I can do the same. 3FCs is a wonderful 'inwention' I'm so glad we have the internet today. We can be friends no matter where we live. Have a great day, where ever you are, whatever the weather. Find a NSV to celebrate being alive! jeanette
Old 11-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #150  

Jeanette --- your pictures are terrific -- and indeed it is a big difference. YAY for you.
Closed Thread