Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #286  

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=Karen1234;3029118]
How far are you running these days?

Karen, I am now running approximately 15 miles a week. I am now only running 3 days a week sometimes 4 times, depending how I feel. I have increased my maximum distance to 5 miles, typically I run 4 to 4.5 miles at a time and get one 5 mile a week...It sure gets a lot easier the further I run, always the first mile to mile and a half are the worst...I am now listening to Lady GaGa's album, I think that is her name the really weird blond singer, my 15yr old daughter put it on my ipod and it is really good running music, good beat...don't care much for the lyrics. I know how difficult it is to keep moving when pregnant, having four children myself, I used to do water aerobics when I was pregnant, several years ago! Just enjoy your pregnancy and do what you have to do to have a healthy baby, running can always come later if need be. I look forward in reading about your growing family. Oh, I have just started training for my first half marathon in March, with our local Fleet Feet.

Genell
Old 11-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday...I ate off program for a good part of 4 days and yesterday was the worst...all my bad habits kicked in...and what a stomach ache I had...thank goodness for Pepto-Bismol!!!! What an experience... WANTING to eat right, I felt like crap!!! I have had an awful Nov and am determined to get through the next 7 weeks fully on program and get to stabilization...I guess it took one really bad day making myself sick to get over this hurdle of getting back on track!
As horrible as it is say, I'm glad I'm not the only one that ate themselves sick
I thought I was in such control and BAM I really messed up. I'm so glad there is a maintanence program with this because if I was to meet my goal and then be "cut loose" from the program....I would fail.
Again, I am so thankful for the MRC forum and that all you wonderful people are here to be honest and supporting.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Hello all! Decided to pick myself up, brush myself off and start OP over again. I have been MIA for too long. Background--the month of October is when I fulfill all of my hostessing obligations. I hostessed October bookclub ladies, a witches wingding, bunko, neighborhood Halloween party, and then Halloween, oh and add an exchange student from France for 2 weeks. Then we tried to get a late season hurricane....I weighed in at 211 after all that excitement and had got back to 203.5 last Tuesday.

I fully intended to mindfully eat and lose over Thanksgiving, but alas I am right back at 211. I woke up in the middle of the night-- after a last minute fling with mashed potatoes and bread pudding feeling like a truck hit me. To top that off, the zipper of my pants is broken and I swore I was not going to buy any more clothes that were not a size smaller. So I find myself needing to $*(& or get off the pot!

Even though the scale is up higher than it should be, I did have a bit of a woo hoo moment; I was sorting jackets and found something I thought were garage coveralls. Turned out to be a pair of size 22 dress pants I would have been wearing last winter that I can stand in one leg of this year.

I had an OP breakfast and lunch and I got a 30 minute walk in at lunch. Now that there is a slight break until Christmas I am going to work really hard. As much as it pained me to do it, I changed my weight to accurately reflect where I am today, not where I was a few weeks ago. I need the extra accountability so I will be posting instead of lurking!

Nice to see some of the same faces and reading about your successes!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #289  

Default Welcome "back"

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone .... and now we're all working hard again. I know many of you stayed OP over the holiday .... I did not. I enjoyed small servings of my favorite things, then had company all weekend, who took me out to eat, out to dinner theater, out to a sports bar, Sunday brunch, etc. etc. etc.

I tried to be somewhat careful, but did enjoy what I ate. I am up 3#, which I should have off this week. I don't have any regrets. I enjoyed myself, and now know that by Wednesday, the cravings will be gone and I'll be back to fat burning. So, program here I am!!

Congratulations to all of you and nice to see some "oldies" back!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #290  

Default P.s.

Forgot to say .... for those of you who order from dietdirect, the concentrates are on sale this week for 7.99, I ordered 24 boxes, so then they are 6.99 and use the coupon code saveme10 to get additional 10% off, and shipping is free over 79 dollars.

For those of you not familiar, these are the identical concentrates the center sells (made at the same plant, only the outside box is different, as every diet center that orders them has them private-labeled. If you're interested, just go to the website and click on weekly sale.

Someone told me the cranberry/green tea ones were really good hot (like tea), so I will try that this time.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #291  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

MSIM,
So glad to have you back. I have been wondering where you have been.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Quote:
Hey Nabeel,
you've done so great, your #'s and attitude are always impressive. I'm glad you had a great Traditional American Thanksgiving, certainly a fun treat for most of us :0) So how long has it been since your family has seen you at 290? Good luck with your goals, I know you'll make it in time for your vacation!

Thanks. I hope so. My family last saw me at 290..ehhh..... ehh i dont know! i dont even remember when i saw myself at that. Thing is i always knew i was big, but i never weighed. So i guess i went from being big to bigger, without really realizing it. So i am curious if they will see the difference. They have been telling me to send pics, but i dont want to, since i dont see the difference myself when i look in the mirror. So ... i guess it will be a good surprise, or a bad one, usually my family is my best critic

Wish you all the luck and blessings with the new addition to your family on the way !

Last edited by nabeelmalik; 11-30-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #293  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Nabeel,
So glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving meal. Your family may or may not notice but either way I am sure they will and are proud of your achievements so far. qIt wasn't until I lost almost 35 pounds that people started asking me questions and commenting on how good I looked. I had so many people tell me how nice my hair looked and they really liked the color. Ha, it was just the same as before. It was so funny how people knew something was different but not what! I wish hair dye and a good cut could take 35 pounds off!

Just curious but I have a personal question for you. I won't feel bad if you don't respond but just wondering how you start in Holland and end up in Nebraska?

dkmd27,
So glad you enjoyed your meals! We deserve a small something once in awhile.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Forgot to say .... for those of you who order from dietdirect, the concentrates are on sale this week for 7.99, I ordered 24 boxes, so then they are 6.99 and use the coupon code saveme10 to get additional 10% off, and shipping is free over 79 dollars.

For those of you not familiar, these are the identical concentrates the center sells (made at the same plant, only the outside box is different, as every diet center that orders them has them private-labeled. If you're interested, just go to the website and click on weekly sale.

Someone told me the cranberry/green tea ones were really good hot (like tea), so I will try that this time.
This is a great tip - I am going to go check it out!! Thanks for posting
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post

Congrats CndLou on getting started, this plan really works, just stick with it and the benefits quickly reveal themselves ;0)

Hi Teresa and FL,
about the baby stuff, we gave everything away years ago, our little girl is 12 yo and with our struggle with getting pregnant after her and our moving twice we went ahead and just gave it all away. My only regret is the crib and my Medela breast pump - I should have kept those two things but hopefully someone got great use out of it... Anyways, thanks for thinking of me :0)
Hi Karen...Thanks and congrats on your pregnancy!! I am actually on MRC because my doctor strongly suggested that I lose weight before having a baby...health reasons, etc... She suggested this program. When I get to my goal weight, my husband and I want to plan for a baby. Is there a special menu that you follow when you are pregnant? I am excited that you are posting while you are going through this process so I can see how your doing it !! Again, many blessings during this special time!!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CndLou View Post
Hi Karen...Thanks and congrats on your pregnancy!! I am actually on MRC because my doctor strongly suggested that I lose weight before having a baby...health reasons, etc... She suggested this program. When I get to my goal weight, my husband and I want to plan for a baby. Is there a special menu that you follow when you are pregnant? I am excited that you are posting while you are going through this process so I can see how your doing it !! Again, many blessings during this special time!!
That's very exciting CndLou and thanks for the congrats...
I think that's great motivation to get to your goal :0) It's been an interesting experiment learning to maintain on my own. I've seen mention about a pregnancy maintenance program but my MRC said there was not a plan like this and recommended I just eat sensibly. OK then. So I came up with my own plan. I added an extra carb at my am and pm meal. I added 1 cup of skim milk or yogurt to 2 meals a day. I added an extra fruit as a mid morning snack and finally I added an extra carb with protein (toast with PB or 1 oz of cheese) in the evening before bed. This has worked. I've been able to maintain while sticking with it. If I ever start exercising again, LOL, I will probably add a little more. The OB feels it is safe if I maintain my weight for up to 24 weeks unless it appears the baby is not growing well and then ofcourse I will add more calories. So far so good and I'll keep you all updated as we grow :0)
Karen
Old 12-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post

Deb, Thanks for the info on DietDirect. Can you tell me which name it is, I believe there are 3 different brands they show. Are they the same as MRC's as far as calories and protein amounts? Do they also have creamies that are the same? $6.99 is a great break from $9.00 a box. I'm always all for saving $$$, but I just need to be sure they are the same ingredients. Thanks for your info on this.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Nabeel,
So glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving meal. Your family may or may not notice but either way I am sure they will and are proud of your achievements so far. qIt wasn't until I lost almost 35 pounds that people started asking me questions and commenting on how good I looked. I had so many people tell me how nice my hair looked and they really liked the color. Ha, it was just the same as before. It was so funny how people knew something was different but not what! I wish hair dye and a good cut could take 35 pounds off!

Just curious but I have a personal question for you. I won't feel bad if you don't respond but just wondering how you start in Holland and end up in Nebraska?
I am curious to their responds too. How did i end up in Nebraska... well basically i work for an company that has a plant in Blair,Nebraska ( we produce Lactic Acid, you know that stuff that you feel in your legs when you have worked out). After coming here 3 years ago for a project for a couple of months and basically going on a crazy world tour after that ( for the same company, spending 9 months in Thailand, 2 in Mexico) i was asked to choose a home base. Well i did, and it was surprisingly Omaha, Ne over the sunny beaches of Pattaya, Thailand.

I know i am crazy, but i like it here
The reason why i started weightloss is a complete different story tho, which i am not ready to share yet in public, so in due time
Old 12-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #299  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's the link to the December thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...er-thread.html
Closed Thread