Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #106  

Height: 5'6''

LaRee - Congrats on the 8.5in!! I get measured tomorrow morning. We'll see how that goes for me. I'd LOVE 8.5in.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #107  

I finally hit the 20 pound mark. What sounds even better to me is that I only have 10 to go! I have been going back and forth with the same pound for a month and this morning at WI it was finally gone. It has taken me 5 months to lose 20 pounds, so those of you who think you are losing slowly, don't despair. It will come off.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyb712 View Post
I got to sign the 20lb board this morning, finally!! Only five more to go till the 30lb board!! I can taste it!! wooohoooo!!
Awesome Kathy....congrats!!! Soon it will be the 30 pound board!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I feel like crap today.. I ate three cookies yesterday. I haven't cheated on this program since I started in August. I don't know what got into me. Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't happen again.. All of a sudden I keep wanting to eat sweets and that hasn't been a problem until the last week or so.. Anyone else having or had this issue and what did you do about it?

Cheers!

Ronnie
Old 11-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #110  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

It's probably because it's ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! With the holidays here...there are cookies and candy and sweets all over the front doors of the stores. It's hard.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #111  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

FL - Welcome home! A vacation and a loss right after coming home, way to go. So glad to hear you had a great time with your sister.

Lori, your outfit sounds very pretty.

Noahsmama, signing the 60 lb board, awesome!

Everyone, congrats on your losses and NSV's.

Went to WI Sat, down 2 lbs but the best part was the inch loss. I haven't seen the scale move much this last 4-6 weeks, so seeing that I lost 9.5 more inches was motivating. It showed me that even though the scale wasn't really moving, there were good changes. I have 1.75 inches more to lose and I will have lost a total of my height. Hopefully by the time this is all said and done and I hit goal, my ribbon will be longer than I am tall.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just went into the break room, and the aroma of French Vanilla Coffee (not decaf) was brewing and there on the table were homemade coconut cookies with coconut M & M's. That is soooooo unfair!!! I passed and went to get my snack....one ounce of cheese!!! Whoopie!!!!

We all need to go to the "Fat Farm" during the holidays and get away from all these Holiday treats that will be tempting us. Anyone want to come with me?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #113  

60# board, 20# board, 5Ks, new members, first measurements -- you guys are great! I'm feeling good.

I was wondering if anyone had read the book "The Rules of "Normal" Eating". I read a synopsis of it, and it sounded really good. Just wondering if anybody had any input. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #114  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

everyone is doing really well!! just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

i had a baaaaad off-plan weekend, but it ended with me feeling absolutely TERRIBLE, both mentally and physically, about the things i had eaten. so today i'm back OP (aside from a much-needed caffeinated beverage.... eeeeek) and feeling pretty good about it. i'm almost to 88 ounces of water already, i had cheese and a tortilla for breakfast and an apple, brussels sprouts, and cottage cheese for lunch, and i'm planning to have baked chicken breast for dinner. just gotta stay on track. send me positive thoughts!

ALSO, i read this today on another web site and thought it was really powerful, especially now when we're all dealing with temptations: NEVER LET GUILT KILL YOUR PROGRESS. to me, it says "ok, you messed up this weekend--move on! don't let feeling guilty about your slip-ups lead to MORE slip-ups." i hope keeping this quote in mind will help some of you like it's helping me. i think i need to write it in permanent marker on my arm...
Old 11-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #115  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just went into the break room, and the aroma of French Vanilla Coffee (not decaf) was brewing and there on the table were homemade coconut cookies with coconut M & M's. That is soooooo unfair!!! I passed and went to get my snack....one ounce of cheese!!! Whoopie!!!!

We all need to go to the "Fat Farm" during the holidays and get away from all these Holiday treats that will be tempting us. Anyone want to come with me?
I'll go. Whose farm are we going to? The cheese might not have covered the smell of the coffee or the cookies. But just think, that cheese stick is hard at work inside, eating those fat cells that the coffee and cookies left behind.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 225.5/186/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all - I'm a newbie. I joined MRC on 10/29 and had my first WI on Fri. I lost 7.5 lbs. I have 75 lbs to lose.

Today I'm starting my first day on the Beige menu. I'm glad I found this group, it looks like there is lots of support. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Look at you with all the energy too!!! What a great day to do windows and siding though. I like this November weather. It can just stay like this all winter long.

I didn't go to the Connection class Thursday....just couldn't sit through one more with her. I'm going to try to get back to weighing in twice a week now. Are you going to the Thanksgiving food class week after next? That may be very helpful. It's going to be so hard being on MRC for Thanksgiving. And I have two to go to. I may have to cheat and have dressing. Gee, no mashed potatoes and gravy....UNFAIR!!!!
I've not gone back to a Connections class since the first night -- I'd rather take a hot poker in the eye

Believe it or not, I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year! I really enjoy putting on the whole spread and spending hours in the kitchen. I've already decided that I'm not going to modify the menu, but I'll only take a little tiny bit of food...and then send all the leftovers home with everyone else!

I'm loving the weather! It's been nice being able to take Fuzz Face for a walk each afternoon. I know those days are numbered, so I try to take advantage of them each chance I get!

-- JJ
Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #118  
Where did I go??

S/C/G: 240.5/230/160

Welcome Brendamo! I have found a lot of great support here and I am sure you will to! Glad you are here!
Not doing so great on the home front. My daughter and I both diagnosed with strep on Thursday, sick Friday, feeling better Saturday, took my daughter in to the doc today because of a fever and cough and she has the stinkin flu! Poor thing! I am trying very hard to stay OP and doing okay. I know I can do better so I am gettin' with it. I was supposed to go to a connections class tonight and get a massage but not now. Definitely will be home tomorrow and maybe even Wednesday. NO fun! Glad to hear about everyone's NSV's, inches lost and pounds lost! YEH!!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #119  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

OKay- so I am hoping I can find the support that I need from here. I joined MRC and lost around 40lbs a year ago. Right before stabalization my grandma passed away and I went thru a horrible divorce. Well all of that got the best of me and I gained almost all of it back. I have reached the point in my life now that I am ready to re-focus on me.

I have all of the menus and really never used the enhancers at all. What I am hoping is that I can get the support from anyone that will help while doing it from home. My budget really cannot afford to join again. I really would like to get my life back in order...I am starting my days 1-4 menu tomorrow and have HNS still that I purchased from the center.

My only concern is once I start stabalization...does anyone know how that works yet? If so would you be willing to share. Well thanks for listening to me vent....will be checking in often to stay inspired!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
60# board, 20# board, 5Ks, new members, first measurements -- you guys are great! I'm feeling good.

I was wondering if anyone had read the book "The Rules of "Normal" Eating". I read a synopsis of it, and it sounded really good. Just wondering if anybody had any input. Thanks!
I haven't read it but it sounds like something I would like to read. Do you know who wrote it? I would love to order it from Amazon.

Cheers!

Ronnie
Closed Thread