Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/216/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks & here I go...again...

So many things in this thread have hit home. And I appreciate little_eddie's note early on about all the things eaten *not* on the plan...and efforts to get back to it.

I started in February, lost 36 lbs and then maintained it for the last 6-months. I was traveling a ton for work and play, which made my commitment to loosing super difficult to keep. I have another 39lbs to go and as of yesterday am getting back on track with the meta-slim kick start menus. And, of course, going into the center, which I wasn't doing in lieu of travels.

You guys are SO encouraging. Just reading about little tips (no creamies, eat fish, use beans, etc.) and thoughts (costs $45 to cheat) increases my motivation. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #47  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

I have my 3rd weigh in tonight. I know it is not going to show much more than a couple pounds over the past 4 days so I am a bit discouraged. Cheating on Halloween did me in. Like taking 4 days back that I worked so hard for. But I learned my lesson so I hope to stay on track. I have a goal for this month. Loose 15 pounds and then I will eat little bites of the things I love on Thanksgiving....only if I loose the 15 pounds. Hope I can do it!!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #48  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Unhappy

Today has been such a washout. I didn't work today and I didnt have clas so I've been home all day. Breakfast went well, and I ate a good lunch but then I started grazing.....I always have a hard time between lunch and dinner but I'm usually busy so it's easier. ARG...so disappointing.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #49  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Just this morning I got back to the weight I was 3 weeks ago! That was before I started all my eating things off program. But I'm back and as motivated as ever to get the rest of this weight off! For those of you struggling, just pick up and get back on the wagon and decide that you're worth it, you can do it! Trust me, if I can, anyone can!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #50  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Noahsmama,
Great that you are back OP. Keep that motivation and attitude!

LaRee,
Good luck tonight.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Default Starting New tomorrow

learning2Bhealthy,

Hello, I am new here to the boards and the program. I am in preconditioning right now and pick up my menus tomorrow morning. I see you live in NWA also and it looks like we started and have close to the same goal. I am very interested in hearing how the program has worked for you as I only wish to take the oils and HNS. I'm getting a little overwhelmed and hope I haven't gotten into something I won't be able to stick with. Your progress is amazing to me and I hope to be there someday!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Default 40 lbs down!

I weighed in today and got to sign the 40 lb board. I'm hoping I will be able to show a weight loss next week due to the surgery.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #53  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh34 View Post
learning2Bhealthy,

Hello, I am new here to the boards and the program. I am in preconditioning right now and pick up my menus tomorrow morning. I see you live in NWA also and it looks like we started and have close to the same goal. I am very interested in hearing how the program has worked for you as I only wish to take the oils and HNS. I'm getting a little overwhelmed and hope I haven't gotten into something I won't be able to stick with. Your progress is amazing to me and I hope to be there someday!
Hello leigh34,

My sister and I both started MRC beige menu September 5th. We both just do the fish oils and HNS and both have lost 30 plus pounds. We've kept strickly to the program (no cheating). I walk 3 to 4 times a week. However my sister walks sometimes and I've lost 3 more pound than her, so not much of a difference.

Believe me it can be hard at times but for some reason hunger has not been the issue, it has been cooking EVERY meal. You get the hang of it though, it just takes time, effort and planning. You have come this far, keep up the good work and the weight WILL come off. Check out the recipe sticky and be experimental and try foods you normally think you don't like, you'll be suprised what you find yourself liking. Whatever questions you have just ask and I'll try to help and so will all the others on here. EVERYBODY is great you'll find this forum VERY helpful and ALL are willing and ready to help with whatever your dealing with. You've come to the BEST place.. This is for you--

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 11-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #54  

ok...started off a great night...then I crashed. I weighed in with a 2 1/2 pound loss which is not so bad. I was hoping for more because it had been 5 days since I weighed in but that's ok. Then when I got home I let the stress of things in my life get to me and I had a hand full of reeses pieces and a mini butterfinger...and I know it gets worse, 4 slices of bacon on a piece of bread. Why do I do this to myself???? I am so mad at myself. I let my emotions take hold then I just crash. So angry...afraid to see what the scale does tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #55  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

LaRee,
Don't do this to yourself. Maybe you thought you were rewarding yourself for the 2.5 pounds loss, but you weren't. Try to just stay off the scale tomorrow and the next day. Put it away so you can't even get to it, have someone put it in your attic! The things you ate were full of salt so you will retain the water and the scale will make it look worse than it is and you will feel worse. Just get right back on track this instant. Realize what you did and move on in the right direction. Also drink extra water to get rid of the added salt.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #56  

Height: 5'6''

Ah, LaRee, I agree, don't beat yourself up over it. Not much you can do about any of it now. Get right back on plan tomorrow. Eat what you should and let the past be the past.

I also agree that you shouldn't weigh at home. It's not going to be encouraging, so leave that out. I never weight at home. Stop in here any time and get some encouragement. We've all been there...we'll help you through it.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I'm baaaaack!!!! Oh how I missed you all!!! I haven't had time to read all the posts, but 55 already on the November thread is really something!!! You ladies have been very busy.

Virginia was beautiful and we had so much fun. The rain put a damper (pun intended) on our DC and Arlington Cemetary tour, but it was still very interesting and exciting. When I left, I had decided to leave the MRC diet at home and enjoy my vacation!!! And that's exactly what I did. The wine was to die for!!! I noticed when you haven't had alcohol for awhile, it doesn't take long for it to go to your head. I even took two bottles home to save for a "special occasion".

I went to WI yesterday, and gained 2 pounds, so I was actually feeling good about that. It could have been so much worse, but I did select healthy choices and I think that really helped. The counselor said it will take 9 MRC meals to get back to losing again. So I'm starting my count down now!

I will catch up reading all the posts this weekend and I'm sure I have so much to respond to. But you were all missed and now I am depending on you all to get me back on track. I plan to join the Y this weekend, since walking here in the winter time is not much fun when it is icy!

See you all later!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #58  

Back OP after a rough night. I have to figure out a way to get through the emotional eating that I do....I am only down 7 1/2 pounds since I started eating on program 2 weeks ago and I feel it should be better than that. I keep telling myself it is better than where I would be if I had never started the diet. I just struggle with the emotional connection so please say a prayer for me that I can get that connection under control. I feel I am doing so well and then I just crumble in an instant....back on track today so I am over yesterday...just hoping to keep it under control. I need to not let others peoples problems get to me. I let everyones struggles weigh on me like they are my own. Mainly the fact that my brother has a family with two young children and no job now for a month. I offered to open my home to them but now it seems to be coming to pass so I have to prepare. I just pray he can find a job within the next week.

anyway....back to the grind...hoping for some awesome loss this week...with no more candy or bacon...how dumb that was!!! On the plus I did not gain any weight this morning....and since some of you recommended it....I PUT THE SCALE AWAY!!!! Hope this helps!!

Thanks everyone!

LaRee
Old 11-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #59  

Height: 5'6''

LaRee, Your center will offer a class on emotional eating and I highly suggest you take it. I know several women here have taken that "finding the connections" class and have really benefitted from it. If sounds like you might benefit as well. Well done on putting the scale away. I find I don't even think about weight loss or MRC after a while...the whole thing just becomes routine.

I've started telling people that I'm back on the MRC wagon. It's kinda a hard thing to do anyway, but its harder to tell them I've gone back to it. I was gonna play it pretty quiet and not say much to people about it until they started noticing, but if I don't let people know, they'll walk me into food traps. Its not as if that one small cookie would kill me or probably even set me back that much, but my goodnes, if they know they won't offer it to me No food trap then. No need to feel rude turning food down. Most of my friends and all of my family remember me thinner from last time i was on MRC, so they're mega-supportive. So i look forward to their help again.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #60  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
Back OP after a rough night. I have to figure out a way to get through the emotional eating that I do....I am only down 7 1/2 pounds since I started eating on program 2 weeks ago and I feel it should be better than that. I keep telling myself it is better than where I would be if I had never started the diet. I just struggle with the emotional connection so please say a prayer for me that I can get that connection under control. I feel I am doing so well and then I just crumble in an instant....back on track today so I am over yesterday...just hoping to keep it under control. I need to not let others peoples problems get to me. I let everyones struggles weigh on me like they are my own. Mainly the fact that my brother has a family with two young children and no job now for a month. I offered to open my home to them but now it seems to be coming to pass so I have to prepare. I just pray he can find a job within the next week.

anyway....back to the grind...hoping for some awesome loss this week...with no more candy or bacon...how dumb that was!!! On the plus I did not gain any weight this morning....and since some of you recommended it....I PUT THE SCALE AWAY!!!! Hope this helps!!

Thanks everyone!

LaRee

LaRee -- I'm tellin' ya girl, from DAY 1, I think, you need to just take a deep breath and relax. 7 1/2 lbs in a two week period if incredible! you will not always move at this great pace, so prepare yourself. Just do what you are suppose to do, or as closely as you can, and let it happen. The best part of this plan for me is that I am now free of guilt. I hated always feeling guilty and out of control. Once I realized that the only person I can make a difference to and help is just me, it helped! You need to just follow your plan and let that guilt go somewhere else. You are doing so welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !

oh, I sure don't weigh myself at home, except maybe 1 time a week -- that would be just way to disheartening. And since the MIND game is key, well . . . You can go along for days and not see the change on the scale, and then suddenly, after you think it is just not gonna happen, you step on and 4 lbs seemed to vanish over night and you go, how in the heck!

So, back in the saddle, looking ahead, and not behind! The future is YOURS!
Closed Thread