Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #121  

Hi Ronnie ... I just ordered it from Amazon ... it was $10.71 or something weird like that -- the author is Karen Koenig. I'll let you know what I think, and if you get it too, you can let me know!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:45 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Thanks! I am going to see about ordering it..

Ronnie
Old 11-10-2009, 03:49 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
everyone is doing really well!! just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

i had a baaaaad off-plan weekend, but it ended with me feeling absolutely TERRIBLE, both mentally and physically, about the things i had eaten. so today i'm back OP (aside from a much-needed caffeinated beverage.... eeeeek) and feeling pretty good about it. i'm almost to 88 ounces of water already, i had cheese and a tortilla for breakfast and an apple, brussels sprouts, and cottage cheese for lunch, and i'm planning to have baked chicken breast for dinner. just gotta stay on track. send me positive thoughts!

ALSO, i read this today on another web site and thought it was really powerful, especially now when we're all dealing with temptations: NEVER LET GUILT KILL YOUR PROGRESS. to me, it says "ok, you messed up this weekend--move on! don't let feeling guilty about your slip-ups lead to MORE slip-ups." i hope keeping this quote in mind will help some of you like it's helping me. i think i need to write it in permanent marker on my arm...
I think I am going to need that saying tatooed on my arm! hahaa.. thanks for sharing.. That was something that I needed to hear about now since I am having a candy binge, god only knows why...

Cheers!

Ronnie
Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just went into the break room, and the aroma of French Vanilla Coffee (not decaf) was brewing and there on the table were homemade coconut cookies with coconut M & M's. That is soooooo unfair!!! I passed and went to get my snack....one ounce of cheese!!! Whoopie!!!!

We all need to go to the "Fat Farm" during the holidays and get away from all these Holiday treats that will be tempting us. Anyone want to come with me?
I'm in! When do we leave? Please say now! Halloween candy is making way for the lovely pies and stuff for holidays. Also tried to watch the Bronco game at a friend's house. Ordered wings, so I went with the low carb ones thinking I was good. Well, tons of salt and skin on. They were good but then fell asleep and missed the end of the game. I woke up after midnight covered in a blanket to find out we lost the game. I didn't even have an adult beverage! Guess I needed the sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
FL - Welcome home! A vacation and a loss right after coming home, way to go. So glad to hear you had a great time with your sister.

Lori, your outfit sounds very pretty.

Noahsmama, signing the 60 lb board, awesome!

Everyone, congrats on your losses and NSV's.

Went to WI Sat, down 2 lbs but the best part was the inch loss. I haven't seen the scale move much this last 4-6 weeks, so seeing that I lost 9.5 more inches was motivating. It showed me that even though the scale wasn't really moving, there were good changes. I have 1.75 inches more to lose and I will have lost a total of my height. Hopefully by the time this is all said and done and I hit goal, my ribbon will be longer than I am tall.
Wow, that is an awesome inch loss. I am wondering now where I am on that. I haven't been measured in a while. And fabulous for getting the scale to move. I am still battling that. Bet those wings I ate didn't help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
OKay- so I am hoping I can find the support that I need from here. I joined MRC and lost around 40lbs a year ago. Right before stabalization my grandma passed away and I went thru a horrible divorce. Well all of that got the best of me and I gained almost all of it back. I have reached the point in my life now that I am ready to re-focus on me.

I have all of the menus and really never used the enhancers at all. What I am hoping is that I can get the support from anyone that will help while doing it from home. My budget really cannot afford to join again. I really would like to get my life back in order...I am starting my days 1-4 menu tomorrow and have HNS still that I purchased from the center.

My only concern is once I start stabalization...does anyone know how that works yet? If so would you be willing to share. Well thanks for listening to me vent....will be checking in often to stay inspired!!!!
I am not close to stabalization yet but welcome! Divorce and a death in the family will do that to you. So happy that you decided to turn everything back around and make yourself the focus. There is only so much we can do to change the things in this world that effect us but to see we have the power to change the effect these things have on us is earth shattering. You will be empowered and an inspiration. Kudos to you!
For more HNS, try dietdirect.com. They have the HNS drinks, meal replacement bars and shakes.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I broke my plateau.

Either it was the live chicken sacrifices I made to the diet goddess and gods or the fact that I did my own version of Medi-Quik, but the curse has now been lifted.

I lost 3.5 lbs. I am below my mental and physical barrier so now the pressure is on to continue!

I'm worried because I start back to work tonight and this will really muck with the eating schedule I've laid out for the past 6 days, but I think I can maintain the same diet. I just may not be "the really nice nurse" for a while, lol as my stomach growls and I think about sneaking off to the cafe.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Noahsmama

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

I truly hoped you enjoyed your b-day and got to at least get a bite of cake if not more!!! I bet you feel so much younger now than you did last year at this time!!! That's got to be a good feeling!!! Losing weight not only takes pounds off, but years too!!! Share with us what you did!!! Red Lobster is a yummy place to go!!! (I hear they have L0w-fat "real Butter"....lol...only kidding)
Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #127  

Hi everyone. I have been off plan for about a month now, but I am trying to get back on. I want to get back on now so that I don't eat a lot of junk during the holidays and become a "New Year's Dieter" again. I am going to spend some time reading some of the threads that I missed. Have a great day!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #128  

Welcome back Kristi ... I'm in the same boat as you, gained back a lot of the weight just 8# short of stabilization, but am back totally OP and can't afford to join either, but use my old materials and cook book and get all of my stuff from dietdirect dot com. We can do this! As always, this group is so supportive, it's awesome!

Edie -- way to break that plateau --- now be nice to those patients!

Maui -- happy you're getting back before you do all the damage I did!

To everyone .... thanks so much for being here and have a great OP day.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #129  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

I have read that many people gain a lot of their weight back when off program. What are the odds that a person can keep the weight off after program? I just wonder how many are successful at keeping it off for good. I want to do this and be successful but not just to have to do it all over again.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

LaRee, I feel the same way - after reading all these posts and seeing results at my center I know the program works, but what about after stabilization? I know this is all about lifestyle changes and I am all on board with that, but what if I want to have pizza with the kids or a dessert during the holidays? I am seeing a lot more posts of people returning after gaining it all back...that scares me.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #131  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendamo View Post
Hi all - I'm a newbie. I joined MRC on 10/29 and had my first WI on Fri. I lost 7.5 lbs. I have 75 lbs to lose.

Today I'm starting my first day on the Beige menu. I'm glad I found this group, it looks like there is lots of support. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Welcome Brenda. Great job on your first WI. You have found a great place and great people.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #132  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default kristih6

I can't tell you anything about stabilization yet either, but hopefully in the next couple of months I can. While there are some repeaters of MRC and also other programs, there are those that go through stabilization and maintenance and have maintened their weight loss for several years. I think the key is learning new habits and not returning to old ones. Eating better and exercising. For me it will be learning to eat healthy for the majority of the time, while also allowing myself to enjoy some of the things that aren't on our menu's while losing weight.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #133  

Leigh ... The program is really about lifestyle change and changing the way we think about food. During the weight loss phase, if you have the dessert and pizza it will certainly slow down your weight loss. And once you get through everything, it's really up to you. You can have a slice of pizza or dessert sometimes, but you have to balance it all out and not return to your old way of eating.

What happened to me, was that I got within a few pounds of my goal and then they told me I needed to lose over 20 more pounds, I got mad -- no one has said that they would change the goal -- but they said my percentages weren't good enough. I just kind of threw in the towel at that point, kept the weight off for about a year, then slowly, but surely went back to my old habits of using food for everything -- celebration, comfort, happiness, sadness, etc. So, I guess I know you can have indulgences once in a while, but it can't become a regular way of eating again for those of us who have issues with food.

Just my opinions of course. But I know this works to get the weight off, so am trying to be OP all the time right now. As with any weight loss program, it really depends on us -- are we going to do it, are we going to keep up the healthy lifestyle changes we've made, or go back to our comfort zone (which was not successful for us) ... it's really all about us making the choice. I don't know what I will do once I lose the weight AGAIN, but I know I'm never going to give up on working towards a healthier lifestyle.

Good luck.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #134  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey all-- saw all the questions about keeping weight off once yougo into maintenance---
Well, i havent been in maintenace for very long (only a few months) but here is what im finding out....
-- if you want to keep the weight off, EXERCISE has to become/stay and important and necessary component in everyday life, for the rest of your life. Diet got the weight off, exercise will help to keep it off.
---When i first wen into maintnance i was TERRIFIED to eat anything off plan, and i am still, a little..... What ive begun to do, slowly, is calorie count/calorie cycle. Going off stabilization i was getting approx 1400-1500 cals a day. With the amount of exercise i do, there is NO REASON i shouldnt be able to eat 1800 to 2000 on a NORMAL day....BUT i didnt want to just jump right up to those levels and shock my body, you know? SO i started cycling my calories (all pretty much working within the MRC stabilization menus though) and one day have 1200, and one day 1400 and one day 1600. Over the course of a few weeks ive Upped the lower/upper end so righ now i cycle between 1350 1550 and 1850 during the week. This is keeping my metabolism guessing, and im starting to incorporate more extras to get the extra calories. FOr instance i will have a FULL serving of oatmeal instead of the darned 1/4 cup. I will also add nuts to oatmeal and yogurt, and raisins, and honey....... I gained a few pounds back when i first went into maintenace, however, i also quit smoking then too..... but last time i went to weigh-in, since id started the calorie cycling, i was DOWN 3 pounds!!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

dkmd27,

I too am very determined to make these lifestyle choices. I have seen how poor choices have affected members of my family and am determined this will not be me. I do want to change my thoughts - I too use food for everything. I love food. I guess it's just still too early on in the process for me and I still have that mindset. I hope over the course of time that changes too. In my mind I do know in theory a piece of pizza will not cause me to gain back 50 lbs, but a piece of pizza everyday will. I'm here for the longhaul - lifetime changes...just a little apprehensive I guess. Thank you for your insight and kind words.
Closed Thread