Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #226  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Thanks for sharing. I am kinda upset with my center too. I feel like they spend so much time pushing pills on me that they forget to do much of anything else. I have been there a month, and yesterday we had to go over all the suppliments, vits., MRC6 all that stuff I have already heard about.
I have lost 26 inches and they want me to by something that will make me lose more inches for $60. I know that we have talked about all this before, but what do you guys think? I have been taking the ADWL(when I remember) but I'm thinking about when it is gone, just doing the multi and HNS. OH one more thing..... my center is always out of everything. I just spent $55 on HNS that I don't really like, because they didn't have anything else. Sorry to be so gripey!! I don't know why I'm so cranky??????? thanks for listening(reading)haha
They've eventually managed to talk me into buying everything...I'm a sucker I guess...it wasn't my original plan...but I'm desperate to see some changes! (And, they know it.)

In the morning I take: 1 Vitamin, 1CoQ10, 2 MSM, 1B6, 2 Internal Cleanser
At each meal I take: 2 MRC6, 2 Flax, 1 Enhancer
At night I take: 2 MSM, 1 Vitamin
And, I have the Fat & Carb Blocker I've used 2 times... I assume it worked. LOL
(OMG...looking/counting all those it seems an ABSURD amount!)

When these are gone...I'm not sure what I will repurchase. I definately believe in the MRC6 - I lost my belly inches FAST with it. Just recently started the Enhancer ('cuz they told me it would help melt fat & raise my metabolism), but have yet to see a change in the scale. I've actually gained 1/2 pound since I started it. The MSM & Flax, I can get way cheaper at Walmart...but does it really do anything?

Last edited by blueyedangel; 03-30-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #227  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Depending on how much you have to lose is how they decide how many HNS to max out on each day. When I started I was doing 5 a day, and the weight dropped a lot. Now I do 2-3 a day, and the weight is coming off slowly; plus I have been eating off plan so I'm sure having the max would help me stay on plan.

The HNS really does hepl the weight come off. Experiment for a week of 2; max out on 4 (or 5 - whatever your center says) for one week and see what you lose. The next week do only 2 or 3 and see what happens. Couldn't hurt to try.

They don't make much money on the HNS - but they do on the pills. However you are not obligated to buy the pills. It's your plan, and your money - don't let anyone make you feel pressured into buying anything you're not sure about. I started out with the excuse that I left my checkbook at home (I also leave my purse in the car so I can't buy when I don't want to)- and after hearing that for a while they stopped asking me. Especially when I don't have a purse. Eventually they will get it. Or you could just ask them to make a note in your folder that you don't want to buy any extras for now due to money constraints. Most counselors will read it and leave you alone.

This seems awful wordy to me and I hope it comes across in a good way... I haven't re-read it yet, and I hope it helps some!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I'm new to MRC and this forum, but have been reading all your posts. They are what is keeping me motivated, as the center I'm using is very busy and seems to just rush you in, weigh you, and head you back out the door. I am on Day 7 and wondered when I will be learning about the classes you all mention at our center. So far, I've weighed in three times and have already lost 5 lbs, so feel like this is working. Should I be asking more questions when I'm there or is there just a time period before they share the class information?
Someone hinted that you go to Fort Collins. That is where I go too. In the beginning I didn't get a lot of info and felt that I was wandering around. Then I met An, she is awesome. If she is there, ask if you can meet with her. Ask her.....say I'm new and I don't know if I understand everything, can you help me? She is wonderful and the manager's daughter. She is very helpful, patient and a great listener. My other fav's are: Diane (very chatty), Jenna if you want to talk exercise, and Judy if you have questions on food.

They are great ladies, but it gets VERY busy at times. Just start talking and they will slow down and help you!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #229  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Jeweliek...what do you eat for breakfast? The poeple at my center have never suggested changing any of my food. The past 2 weeks I have only lost 1# a week. For the month I averaged 2.5 per week, but it feels very slow going now.
I now stay away from Hard Cheese (only once every other week or so)

My norms are:
Breakfast Orange Julius
Oatmeal Pancakes
Maple French Toast with an additional egg
Deviled Eggs and a piece of toast
Egg Salad with Melba to dunk

I will make extra pancakes and french toast so that I can have them later in the week too.

I hope my list helps you. I really just rotate thru these.
If I want a treat I will make the lemon poppyseed muffins or
the Bruffin recipe and make it in the waffle iron, but these are rare.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
Keep in mind to always weigh your food. I have found that if I don't do it for every meal then I'm not getting the amount needed (whether it be too much or too little). Also - check your menu for every meal, even if you think you know what you can eat. I still look at it to double check myself on the amounts and what can be eaten at which meal.

Getting your water in helps as well. If your not getting that in, you may be retaining water... Just a thought.

Changing your food up also helps. Keep us posted on what happens!
I really agree with weighing your food. When I guess.....I always stay the same or gain. I guess my eyeball isn't so good! LOL

and I am huge into getting all the water I need.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #231  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

One of the counselors told me t max out. Then I got another one who told me to only max out if I felt I was extra hungry between meals. She said if you can live off of the two you are required, then just do the two. That sure will save some money in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
My center told me to max out at 4 a day also. I've been doing that for quite some time now and haven't seen a change in weight loss speed...it's all been slow. LOL So, I've been wondering the same thing as 3MM...is it just to get us to buy more...or if I cut back to 2 will my little losses completely stop? That'd suck!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I wonder if drinking the max HNS "really" makes the weight come off faster. I understand why we drink them, but Im not convinced yet that drinking 5 a day is any different than drinking 2 unless you are a exercise fanatic (wish I were) I know when weight training you need more protein to help build muscle but do we need THAT much more protein if we are not weight training? Has anyone started on 2 HNS a day and then upped it to 4 or 5 and saw a big difference? I can drink more a day that's no problem but if it doesn't help the weight come off faster then I don't want to waste my money on more than I am obligated to drink.
3MM I used to do only 2-3 more 2 than 3. I upped to 4 and I don't really see a change in weight coming off I always average about 3.5#/week. I am not as hungry tho and I can use the extras to make my eating times better for me.

I am backing down to 3 again unless they say it will help with my weight training goals.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #233  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I am also required to take the Flax seed capsules everyday too.
So am I, but this is VERY helpful for me. I upped to the max to help with my dry skin. It was much worse when I only took 2 caps at each meal.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #234  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I am also required to take the Flax seed capsules everyday too.
You need the flax because you are not getting enough fat in your diet, flax is good fat but you are NOT required to purchase them from the center, you can buy them at walmart for alot cheaper. Also you are not obligated by contract to consume 4 HNS a day. You can if you want to and they can suggest you do but you are only required to consume 2 a day (you have to purchase enough for 2 a day the rest is optional). Sounds like your center may be trying to take advantage of you. Look back over the paper work you signed.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #235  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Hey everyone. I am on day 2 of the Meta Slim diet and I am stuffed! I am drinking 4 HNS and drinking about 4 liters of H2O. It really is not enjoyable to eat when you are not hungry. I am weighing down my salad with heavy veg's. Is this anyone elses experience? Will this change? I am on this plan for 4 days...Is the next meal plan more food(I know it will have more variation)?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Thumbs up HNS and Pills why they will work

I have learned from my on experince by experimenting by not taking the pills and slowing down on the HNS that you will quit losing weight, believe me I tried to keep from spending the money. But when I take the pills and drink the Max on the HNS I lose weight I quit the pills for three weeks guess what no weight lost tried to just drink 2HNS same thing. Really I thought the counslers were trying to push the pills to but they weren't. I have alot of liteature on all of these products that I copied off from one of the ex-managers because of my health my dr had to know what was in the pills to see if they would infer with my medicines. He told me everything in the pills I took were good and they were very healthy.
They all work together to help you lose weight. Remember if you eat off like something with sugar in it or caffine or unknown fats or sugarless candy(my sister did this she slowed down losing weight shes lost over 70lbs ) It stops you from losing weight for three whole days. I have myself sabatoge myself by drinking a diet coke when i would get a Chicken salad when we would eat out and order a diet coke never realizing the the caffine would infer with my weight loss. Also with the counslers ask lost of question they are paid to help us, I do if I have an issue I talk to them whether they have time or not .
For awhile we had some really bad counslers and I got real discouraged and I finally went to Midland to a really excellent counsler she got me back on track and losing weight. Also keep you food chart write down everything you eat it could be something your eating. Some people can't eat tomatoe they turn to sugar when they break down that what I had to do. Also broccoli can slow down weight loss. Now we have really good counslers at our center here in Odessa. here is what I take
3 flax, 2 mrc6, 2 cort-trim, Metabolic appetite control, 4 B6s, 3 Msm, 3 internal cleansers, also I take a multivitamin, vitamin C, 1000mgs, and 1000mg Calcium I buy these at Sams I also drink 4HNS aday beside the Menu . Hope these helps
Old 03-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Hey I can't spell today LOL
Old 03-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #238  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
So am I, but this is VERY helpful for me. I upped to the max to help with my dry skin. It was much worse when I only took 2 caps at each meal.
What is the max you can take? I only take 2 now and I have dry skin too.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #239  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

There is so much advice out there and all of it seems different. I think you just have to decide what works for you and do it. It may take a little time to find that out but it will be worth it.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 279/275/160

Height: 5'8

Question Questions in general~

Hey Ladies,
I am new I have seen a few of you that post on some of the other boards I have been watching. My question is: i am a lil confused I am on the white menu. Tonight for supper I had a peice of lite toast with 4oz of grilled chicken and 2oz of my hard cheese. i didnn't have any other cheese today. Is it ok to mix them up like that? I am allowed to have 6oz of protein a meal. Is my thinking right?? I just feel like I did something wrong because it tasted so good. Also I used the salad spritzer to marinate my chicken is that ok?? Please help. I hope I haven't screwed up~~
Closed Thread