Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #196  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
I wi today and was down 5.5 lbs. Of course, since I refused to change my ticker after I gained 2.5 on Tuesday that huge loss doesn't reflect on my ticker as well....but as I stated ealier I think the 2.5 was because of my keys and cell phone. Anways I will take a 3 lbs. loss.

I am well on my way. I am so excited.....I am still working on my top 10 list but reading all of yours has been a great inspiration.

WOW...way to go!!
Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #197  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hello everyone,

I went to WI today and was down 3.5 whoooo hoooo, for a grand total of 4 pounds this week. I was very impressed with that because it's TOM and I usually gain. This the most I've lost since preconditioning. YAY me! Congrats to all the losers!

Great for you!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #198  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Default It's all good...

... I've agreed to go to this week's Wednesday (Find the Connection class) and other than that she wasn't too bad with what she said about my slip. My BP was normal, and then we went to the scale and I have lost another 1.5, LOL. So really... Silly stuff. I was just SO grateful that is was her and not that other one... LOL.

I think TOM has arrived right on time today too... sigh. Dancing tonight, BF should be calling soon to say whether he has time to stop at the market on the way here ...
Old 03-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #199  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikiniByJune View Post
Congratulations to all of the losers this week! Isn't it amazing what a number can do to your mind set? I weighed in this morning and was down .5. My family and I have been on Spring Break this week and I was hoping to drop at least 3 lbs, maybe next time. I am proud that I stayed op with a different schedule.
Congratulations on staying OP during Spring Break. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #200  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

DH and I are invited to go to a b ball party with a rib dinner tomorrow. I am bringing veggies and cottage cheese dip but I am afraid of going op. If I don't screw it up I should be able to sign the 10lb board monday.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #201  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Way To Go!!!MSTeacher and losingforhealth
You two have done great!!

Congrats to everyone who lost this week!

Mirihawk Good luck with your resume and job hunting!

Just got back from WI and I am down another 2.2lbs. That is a total of 10.4 for this week. I was excited that I got to sign the 10# board. However, the consultant wasn't all that supportive today. She kept saying over and over how unusual it is for someone (especially a woman) to lose so much in one week. I felt like she was sort of trying to discourage me.....Has anyone else had this experience at their center?

Another question...Does everyone register on the test strip? I lost alot this week, but didn't register at all? The consultant said not to worry, but I don't understand why I wouldn't have registered at all!

THAT'S AWESOME!!! And I have had times when I felt that the counselor wasn't very supportive. AND I have never registered on the strips. They have told me that they want me to be negative to trace.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 149/133/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
DH and I are invited to go to a b ball party with a rib dinner tomorrow. I am bringing veggies and cottage cheese dip but I am afraid of going op. If I don't screw it up I should be able to sign the 10lb board monday.
Good idea to bring veggies and cottage cheese. Keep in mind your ten pound mini goal and be sure to drink an hns before you get there and I bet you'll do great! Be sure to keep in mind that it will take 3 days for you to get back to fat burning if you do go off prog. That always keeps me from falling off the wagon. Have fun!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #203  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm new to MRC and this forum, but have been reading all your posts. They are what is keeping me motivated, as the center I'm using is very busy and seems to just rush you in, weigh you, and head you back out the door. I am on Day 7 and wondered when I will be learning about the classes you all mention at our center. So far, I've weighed in three times and have already lost 5 lbs, so feel like this is working. Should I be asking more questions when I'm there or is there just a time period before they share the class information?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #204  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
9. see my grandmother and have her take back her comment that I look pregnant!
OMG, me too! I saw her last August and she pulled me aside and asked if I was PG. When I said, "No, just fat, Gram," she then asked if I was sure! Arrr! She's 92 and can't see anything but sure could see my fat. Double Arrrr!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Hi everyone congradulations on everyones weight loss. . I just wanted to say I have never registered on the test strips in all of the time I have been on the program. i used to worry about it but was told that most of us will never have ketones show up if we are drinking the right amount of water. . I have been busy sewing all day I am making a double wedding ring quilt. Just wanted to read all of the posts before the pages build up again.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:05 AM   #206  
Sharon

Thanks to everyone who answered my question about the test strips. It makes me feel better that others haven't registered too.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #207  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I'm new to MRC and this forum, but have been reading all your posts. They are what is keeping me motivated, as the center I'm using is very busy and seems to just rush you in, weigh you, and head you back out the door. I am on Day 7 and wondered when I will be learning about the classes you all mention at our center. So far, I've weighed in three times and have already lost 5 lbs, so feel like this is working. Should I be asking more questions when I'm there or is there just a time period before they share the class information?
I'm not sure about other centers, but mine always had a monthly calendar that had all the classes listed (plus there were usually posters about new classes). Next time you weigh in, ask the question! You're paying them plenty of $$ - don't hesitate to ask!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #208  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikiniByJune View Post
Congratulations to all of the losers this week! Isn't it amazing what a number can do to your mind set? I weighed in this morning and was down .5. My family and I have been on Spring Break this week and I was hoping to drop at least 3 lbs, maybe next time. I am proud that I stayed op with a different schedule. My new favorite things to eat are slices of cucumber, tomato and a little green onion sprinkled with some dill and topped with the Mock Honey Dijon Dressing (recipe on pg 33 of cook book). It is yum, yum, yummy!! To all of my MRC friends, have a wonderful op weekend. We are supposed to get snow again Sunday. I am so ready for warm weather!!!
Whoopie on losing 1/2 POUND!!!! and staying OP for Spring Break!!!
There's nothing wrong with losing a "fistful o fat". (0.5 lb = fist size of fat)
When I've WI and had a lower than expected loss, I tell myself that I will stay on plan not just to see the numbers go down on the scale, but because I want to live a lifelong healthier lifestyle. I know if I stay OP, the weight will come off. BikiniByJune, just know that staying OP for Spring Break will pay off down the road. You just wait.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 AM   #209  
Super Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post

Congrats on a great 5 lbs lost! You're off to a great start.
I'm from Northern Colorado too. I go to the Greeley center. I referred a friend at work to MRC. She went to the Fort Collins center and seemed to have the same experience as you. She now goes to my center and feels like she is getting more of what she needs from the program and staff members.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #210  
Super Maintainer

jeweliek~ So what about that 5K run/walk? Glad you're OK after your surgery How about you list three 5K dates, and then we can put it to a vote on the date most people can come to. Everyone here is welcome to join in. Book your flights now

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 03-30-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Closed Thread