Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:04 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Wink Thanks

I also wanted to Thank all of you that congradulated me on signing the 60lb board .
Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #167  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Does anyone know a ball park figure of how much sodium we are suppose to stay below a day? I got a little book thing from the Marketstreet that has all the nutritional info for the deli meats. Boarshead has some low sodium turkey that says its heart smart, how wonderful would it be to have a half of a real sandwich with deli meat at supper. Yummo!
I eat the low sodium turkey. As a trade off though, I don't cook with sea salt or any salt at all, and on the days I eat the turkey I don't "cheat" with a caffiene free diet coke (sodium).
Old 03-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #168  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Here are my goals:

1. To look better in clothes
2. To lower my blood pressure
3. To have more energy and be more active
4. To live long enough to see my great-grandchildren
5. To get control of my eating habits so that I am in control, not food
6. To not feel ashamed of how I look in a swimsuit (I LOVE the beach)
7. To not have as much pain in my hips, knees, and ankles
8. To go to an amusement park, restaurant, etc and not have to worry about fitting into a seat
9. To learn to scuba dive and not worry about the health risks of being obese
10. To look around and not have to worry about being the biggest person in the room
Old 03-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #169  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Getting ready to go to WI.....can't wait!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #170  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Just ordered some HNS from a site online dietdirect. Got 9 boxes of stuff plus 3 free samples, free shipping and it was only $81. It would have been about 20 bucks more had I bought this stuff from the center. Now that I am using the new gadget I enjoy the HNS more. It's almost like a treat.
I've been really happy with dietdirect, too, and it's nice getting the free samples to try other things without having to buy an entire box.
Now that you've got your new mixer you should try experimenting with extracts for adding different flavors
Old 03-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #171  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Wow I am really smiling I lost 3 more lbs I now have lost 64 1/2 lbs Just hope I don't hit a plateau like I did when I lost my 50lbs just wanted to share my news . I enjoy reading all of the post from everyone well guess i will sign off i have been reading all of the pages and it is really later than I thought.
64.5 lbs. That is excellent. Way to go. You should be proud and shouting it from the roof tops!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #172  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

MrsPhibes - where do you order on-line?

In case anyone doesn't know the site is wwwdietdirect dot com. If you order $79 worth the shipping is free, there is no sales tax, and if you enter save10 in the coupon code you save 10% provided the total after the savings is over 79. Also, for every $49 you spend you can try 3 single servings of whatever they sell. I think most of their supplements are equivilent to the ones we buy at the center. I will let you know how I like them. Bought some new kinds and some I am familiar with.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #173  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Also will try some flavor extracts but need to buy them first.

What do you recommend?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #174  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

I WI today and lost 3 lbs! I am so close to ONEderland I can taste it! This is the best birthday present ever!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #175  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Default down but not out... LOL

I've had a touch of a cold. I'm getting ready to go WI, and on Thursday I had a snack that wasn't on my plan at all, so I'm just a little nervous. Also TOM is due today, but no sign yet, so I guess I'm still PMSing...

My life is changing all over the place. It's so funny how I used to say that it wasn't a good time to diet, because of what was up in my life. Instead, with MRC, I joined 2 weeks before I moved, still am dealing with old junk in my old garage (including things like, a box of wedding china that I haven't looked at since before my divorce...) and now I am doing my resume... I hope, actually, to get an interview in the coming week.

Sometimes life just hits us with stuff.

Anyway, I've been enjoying everyone's posts as usual and I feel as though you are my friends, even though I don't reply directly to y'all very often... thanks for being here...

Old 03-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #176  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

[QUOTE=3monkeysmomma;2122618]Does anyone know a ball park figure of how much sodium we are suppose to stay below a day? I got a little book thing from the Marketstreet that has all the nutritional info for the deli meats. Boarshead has some low sodium turkey that says its heart smart, how wonderful would it be to have a half of a real sandwich with deli meat at supper. Yummo![/QUOTE

They actually told me that we weren't to eat any deli meat UNLESS it was Boarshead. SO GO FOR IT!!! Boarshead doesn't use any of that preservative stuff. I love it! I haven't bought any since MRC, but Ithink I'm going to get some. Can I have saurkraut? Does anyone know? I think they said Icould, but it's pickled so I'm not sure. It would be great to make a rueben wrap!! (without thousand island of course!)
Old 03-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #177  
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
I WI today and lost 3 lbs! I am so close to ONEderland I can taste it! This is the best birthday present ever!
Congrats to you! You have lost 43 pounds in a short period of time. You are awesome! and Happy Birthday!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #178  
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
My life is changing all over the place. It's so funny how I used to say that it wasn't a good time to diet, because of what was up in my life. Instead, with MRC, I joined 2 weeks before I moved, still am dealing with old junk in my old garage (including things like, a box of wedding china that I haven't looked at since before my divorce...) and now I am doing my resume... I hope, actually, to get an interview in the coming week.
Good luck with your job interview (and going through the old stuff). If we all waited for life to calm down, none of us would have decided to change things for the better...lol.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #179  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Sauerkraut

Can I have saurkraut? Does anyone know? I think they said Icould, but it's pickled so I'm not sure. It would be great to make a rueben wrap!! (without thousand island of course!)[/QUOTE]

Hi Christie,
According to the green sheet sauerkraut is listed under veggies (4oz cooked / 8 oz raw). I'm not a fan of it, so I'm wondering if these means no pre-packaged (that's all I ever saw my mom make) and it has to be purchased raw and cooked? Either way, hope you enjoy it!

Oh, wait. If you have the cookbook, pg 136 has a receipe for Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Sauerkraut. I'll post it on the receipe thread incase you don't have it.

Have a great day!
Lori
Old 03-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #180  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Okay, my top ten list. This was very difficult to come up with.

1. To never be overweight again
2. To wear short shorts and not have my inner thighs rub
3. To look really good in a bikini again
4. To be healthy and energetic
5. To "like" going to the gym 3 times a week
6. Be able to go buy clothes and be happy about it insteads of anxious
7. For my daughter to have a good example of what 40 looks and feels like
8. To be a "head-turner"
9. Have the energy to try new things, like scuba and biking
10. To NOT have heart problems and high blood pressure and cholesteral like the rest of my family. Even when I am 70.

Whew! That's really motivating and I'm glad I didn't have to come up with those before program. I think my attitude about a lot of things has changed since losing weight. I find I'm a lot more positive about the future and I look forward to so much. Has anybody else felt that way? It seems like "a weight has been lifted" in more ways than one.
Closed Thread