Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 279/275/160

Height: 5'8

Where can I find the lil weight loss goal thingy's at the bottom of all of y'alls posts??
Old 03-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #242  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I am new I have seen a few of you that post on some of the other boards I have been watching. My question is: i am a lil confused I am on the white menu. Tonight for supper I had a peice of lite toast with 4oz of grilled chicken and 2oz of my hard cheese. i didnn't have any other cheese today. Is it ok to mix them up like that? I am allowed to have 6oz of protein a meal. Is my thinking right?? I just feel like I did something wrong because it tasted so good. Also I used the salad spritzer to marinate my chicken is that ok?? Please help. I hope I haven't screwed up
Although I'm not familiar with the white menu, yes, you can mix protein groups. Just watch the quantities. Cheese is usually half the ounces that you get on the other proteins. So for example, if the menu says 6 oz. of protein #3 or 3 oz. of hard cheese, you could have 4 oz. of chicken and 1 oz of cheese (2/3 of the amount in #3, 1/3 of the amount in #1) - just remember that you typically don't get cheese at night meals.

I don't think you screwed up with the spritzer marinade but I personally would avoid it. When you spray just a bit on a salad, it wouldn't really matter but usually the second or third ingredient of those is some form of sugar. Try making your own or look for a low-carb, low-fat salad dressing.

To your next question about the ticker, if you go to the USER CP button at the upper left and then click on edit signature, you can set up a ticker. You have to have so many posts over some certain period of time before they'll let you show the ticker though.

Hope that helps. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm enjoying seeing everyones top ten list!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
What is the max you can take? I only take 2 now and I have dry skin too.
They told me to take 3 at each meal.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #244  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
There is so much advice out there and all of it seems different. I think you just have to decide what works for you and do it. It may take a little time to find that out but it will be worth it.
I think you are probably right.

Hey I see you live in Statesboro, Ga. I live in Jesup. We aren't too far apart!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #245  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post

Congrats on a great 5 lbs lost! You're off to a great start.
I'm from Northern Colorado too. I go to the Greeley center. I referred a friend at work to MRC. She went to the Fort Collins center and seemed to have the same experience as you. She now goes to my center and feels like she is getting more of what she needs from the program and staff members.
I go to the Greeley Center. It sounds like I just need to be more assertive with the questions when I WI.

The thing I miss the most is Starbucks Chai, which was my mainstay on the way to work each morning. Does anyone have a way to make Chai with the vanilla creamy?
Old 03-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #246  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
The thing I miss the most is Starbucks Chai, which was my mainstay on the way to work each morning.
I miss Starbucks too...........I love their White Chocolate Mocha.
I tried the Cappuccino HNS today and it is pretty good. I just pretended I was drinking Starbucks! LOL
Old 03-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #247  
Sharon

How much water does everybody drink?

I have been drinking at least 64 oz.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #248  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I think you are probably right.

Hey I see you live in Statesboro, Ga. I live in Jesup. We aren't too far apart!
Finally, a fellow loser close to me..lol. I grew up in Brunswick and sometimes go from Statesboro to Brunswick by way of Jesup. I get tired of the interstate and like to travel the back road. Glad you're here. Hang in there!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #249  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Default RE: Flax Oil Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
They told me to take 3 at each meal.
I was told either take 3 at each meal or take one of the Total Woman and 2 flax. The total woman has evening primrose and things like that which have similar properties to flax but are also good for hormonal issues like PMS.

I'm almost done with the flax oil from the center, switching to the same dosage, same type, from Swanson vitamins... the kinds I got is also cold pressed, also same milligrams... but about 1/4 the cost.

I am a big believer in a lot of these vitamins - but I was already taking a cheaper brand of most of them before I joined. I take tons of vitamins every day... but now that I am in MRC, I take them reliably every day... I feel healthier than I have in years !

Last edited by mirihawk; 03-30-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #250  

I am an hour from Statesboro over in South Carolina! Thanks for the help BOMAZE. I appreciate it. I am slowly learning. I guess that I need to ask these questions when I go to WI. I never have them typically until I get home. LOL
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #251  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

MMMmmm I made chili rellenos for lunch. They were awesome. I put 4 Annaheim (sp) peppers (long green peppers) under the broiler to char the skin, I turned them a couple times to get all sides good and charred. Then put then in a paper sack and let them sit there for about 10 minutes. Then skinned them under cold water. Cut a slit in them and raked out the seeds. I browned some ground buffalo and seasoned it with ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika. I measured out my meat and cheese and stuffed it inside the peppers and secured it with a toothpick, then heated some olive oil in a pan and kinda seared it up some in the skillet I also sprinkled some of the above seasonings on top. I was able to have two of these beauties!! I saved a some meat and cheese to sprinkle on top when they were done. I have two more already made ready for lunch tomorrow. Next time I will do the prep work ahead of time. I can char the peppers and skin them ahead of time and keep in fridge, and if I have left over ground buffalo taco meat in the fridge i could make these in a snap. They were good even without the beloved sauce. You can also make this like a casserole I guess. Line them up in a pan and pop in the oven rather than sear them in a skillet. Oh they were so good .
Old 03-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #252  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone know if the diet health and sports smoothie is considered a creamy?
Old 03-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #253  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

These sound delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
MMMmmm I made chili rellenos for lunch. They were awesome. I put 4 Annaheim (sp) peppers (long green peppers) under the broiler to char the skin, I turned them a couple times to get all sides good and charred. Then put then in a paper sack and let them sit there for about 10 minutes. Then skinned them under cold water. Cut a slit in them and raked out the seeds. I browned some ground buffalo and seasoned it with ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika. I measured out my meat and cheese and stuffed it inside the peppers and secured it with a toothpick, then heated some olive oil in a pan and kinda seared it up some in the skillet I also sprinkled some of the above seasonings on top. I was able to have two of these beauties!! I saved a some meat and cheese to sprinkle on top when they were done. I have two more already made ready for lunch tomorrow. Next time I will do the prep work ahead of time. I can char the peppers and skin them ahead of time and keep in fridge, and if I have left over ground buffalo taco meat in the fridge i could make these in a snap. They were good even without the beloved sauce. You can also make this like a casserole I guess. Line them up in a pan and pop in the oven rather than sear them in a skillet. Oh they were so good .
Old 03-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Although I'm not familiar with the white menu, yes, you can mix protein groups. Just watch the quantities. Cheese is usually half the ounces that you get on the other proteins. So for example, if the menu says 6 oz. of protein #3 or 3 oz. of hard cheese, you could have 4 oz. of chicken and 1 oz of cheese (2/3 of the amount in #3, 1/3 of the amount in #1) - just remember that you typically don't get cheese at night meals.

I don't think you screwed up with the spritzer marinade but I personally would avoid it. When you spray just a bit on a salad, it wouldn't really matter but usually the second or third ingredient of those is some form of sugar. Try making your own or look for a low-carb, low-fat salad dressing.

To your next question about the ticker, if you go to the USER CP button at the upper left and then click on edit signature, you can set up a ticker. You have to have so many posts over some certain period of time before they'll let you show the ticker though.

Hope that helps. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm enjoying seeing everyones top ten list!
My center encouraged me to use the spritzers. I also sometimes use a tsp of olive oil and a Tbs of balsamic vinegar for dressing.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #255  

I thought mine did too, but I am going to ask Tuesday to be for sure. I do appreciate the help.
Closed Thread