Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #211  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Are the centers corporately owned or are they a franchise? If they are franchised hat may explain why some are better than others. Mine only offers 2 connection classes a month and when I showed up for the food/cooking class they didn't have it. I was disappointed that it was so poorly run.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #212  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Join us and post your top 10 list. Know that you have motivation, support and help RIGHT here. You will get this going.

Have you talked to your councilors and asked what they can do to help you??? Did they give you hints on your food diary? For me I can't do hard cheese every morning (maybe only 1 time each week) when I did egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast every morning I was very slow going and plateaued. I also only do Group 2 proteins once a week. I like to have fish 2 times a week.

Anyway, you can work on your food and get different results.
Jeweliek...what do you eat for breakfast? The poeple at my center have never suggested changing any of my food. The past 2 weeks I have only lost 1# a week. For the month I averaged 2.5 per week, but it feels very slow going now.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #213  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello,

Does anyone know if those diet sports and health smoothies are considered creamies? They sent me a free sample, and I'd like to try it.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #214  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Jeweliek...what do you eat for breakfast? The poeple at my center have never suggested changing any of my food. The past 2 weeks I have only lost 1# a week. For the month I averaged 2.5 per week, but it feels very slow going now.
zackzmom - I know your question wasn't directed to me...but, I've been kinda doing the same as you. I seem to Yo-Yo tho. Lose some, gain 1/2 back, plateau...lose a little more, gain 1/2 back...etc It's such slow going that I'm gettin SOOO discouraged. I know I've lost quite a few inches but I wanna see the scale move also! My center told me to cut WAY back on the cheese and less red meat (maybe only once a week), definately drink 4 HNS, and to drink even more water. My body evidently seems to hold onto every friggin' bit of fat I consume! Been trying this method since Thursday...hopefully I'll see an improvement when I WI tomorrow.

Maybe this would help you too. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 03-30-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #215  
Crystal

Default My 10 Motivators

This is a really good idea Jewelie!

I've been kinda bummed lately at my super slow/lack of improvement. Hopefully putting this down for everyone to see will give me some motivation to not beat myself up for being so much slower than all the rest of you gals. Guess I've been both jealous of you all & disapointed in myself.

1. To actually enjoy shopping with my 14 year old daughter, shopping for BOTH of us.
2. To have the energy to play more with my 3 boys.
3. To look good in cute clothes.
4. To look really good when we go visit in-laws in Texas in August...at least to look better than SIL! (I know that seems conceited...but you'd have to know her...)
5. To not HATE my picture taken.
6. To wear a bathing suit without a tshirt.
7. To be a healthy, hott momma, not the fatt momma.
8. To be able to turn hubby's head like I use to.
9. To be able to wear single digit clothes again.
10. To feel comfortable in my own body.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 03-30-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #216  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Keep in mind to always weigh your food. I have found that if I don't do it for every meal then I'm not getting the amount needed (whether it be too much or too little). Also - check your menu for every meal, even if you think you know what you can eat. I still look at it to double check myself on the amounts and what can be eaten at which meal.

Getting your water in helps as well. If your not getting that in, you may be retaining water... Just a thought.

Changing your food up also helps. Keep us posted on what happens!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 149/133/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Whoopie on losing 1/2 POUND!!!! and staying OP for Spring Break!!!
There's nothing wrong with losing a "fistful o fat". (0.5 lb = fist size of fat)
When I've WI and had a lower than expected loss, I tell myself that I will stay on plan not just to see the numbers go down on the scale, but because I want to live a lifelong healthier lifestyle. I know if I stay OP, the weight will come off. BikiniByJune, just know that staying OP for Spring Break will pay off down the road. You just wait.
Thanks for your encouraging words Nomore. You're just what I needed.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #218  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
zackzmom - I know your question wasn't directed to me...but, I've been kinda doing the same as you. I seem to Yo-Yo tho. Lose some, gain 1/2 back, plateau...lose a little more, gain 1/2 back...etc It's such slow going that I'm gettin SOOO discouraged. I know I've lost quite a few inches but I wanna see the scale move also! My center told me to cut WAY back on the cheese and less red meat (maybe only once a week), definately drink 4 HNS, and to drink even more water. My body evidently seems to hold onto every friggin' bit of fat I consume! Been trying this method since Thursday...hopefully I'll see an improvement when I WI tomorrow.

I know what you mean about seeing the scale move being important. Inches are one thing (a great thing) but when that scale moves it kind of validates what you've been doing. This is especially disheartening when you've done everything you should have done to make it move. I have been off plan a good bit this week so I know the scale won't be so kind on Wed. when I weigh in...but it will be becuase I wasn't as faithful to the plan as I should have been. Hang in there!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
jeweliek~ So what about that 5K run/walk? Glad you're OK after your surgery How about you list three 5K dates, and then we can put it to a vote on the date most people can come to. Everyone here is welcome to join in. Book your flights now
OK.....here are the top 3. I wanted them far enough out that everyone can train. If you are walking, start slow and work your way to walking 3.1 miles (that is what a 5k is). If you are running.....try the couch to 5k training guide.

Estes Park Marathon
> Format: 26.2 miles on the highest paved marathon course in the world, half marathon, 10K and 5K
> When: June 15
> Where: Estes Park
> Cost: $50 for marathon, $45 for half marathon and $10 for 10K and 5K
> Information: www.EPmarathon.org

Race for a Cure
5k in Greeley, CO
When: July 4
Where: Greeley
Cost: 5k is ???? I emailed but waiting for cost
http://www.komennco.org/ this is the info link

Lory Mountain Trail Run/Duathlon
> Format: 5K run or 4-mile run, 12-mile bike and 2-mile run all on dirt trails
> When: 7:30 a.m. July 12
> Where: Lory State Park
> Cost: N/A
> Information: www.runnersroostftcollins.com
This one is on my Birthday....so I had to add it in.

Run for Hope 5K
> Format: 5K and a 1-mile fun run/walk
> When: 8 a.m., July 26
> Where: City Park
> Cost: $21 for adults and $13 for those 12 and younger
> Information: www.runforhope.net

So this is 4 that we can choose from.
Everyone vote and we will pick....if it doesn't say a town it is in Fort Collins.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #220  
Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post

Thanks for sharing. I am kinda upset with my center too. I feel like they spend so much time pushing pills on me that they forget to do much of anything else. I have been there a month, and yesterday we had to go over all the suppliments, vits., MRC6 all that stuff I have already heard about.
I have lost 26 inches and they want me to by something that will make me lose more inches for $60. I know that we have talked about all this before, but what do you guys think? I have been taking the ADWL(when I remember) but I'm thinking about when it is gone, just doing the multi and HNS. OH one more thing..... my center is always out of everything. I just spent $55 on HNS that I don't really like, because they didn't have anything else. Sorry to be so gripey!! I don't know why I'm so cranky??????? thanks for listening(reading)haha
Old 03-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #221  
Terri

Default Top 10

1. I don't want to feel like the biggest Mom at the Class parties any more.
2. I want to be healthy and fit, to live longer and enjoy my grandkids.
3. I want to feel sexy for my husband, and not hide in the dark!!!(ya know what I mean???)
4. I want to look good and feel comfortable in my bathing suit.
5. I don't want to feel sick to my stomach when I have to weigh at the Dr. office.
6. I would love to be know as the healthy sister!!! Not the chubby one.
7. I want to get through my day without repeating how tired I am over and over.
8. I want to look good this summer when my HS friends have our semi-annual get together.
9. I want my husband to say it was worth the $$$$$.
10. I want to feel pretty!!!!!

I seem kinda shallow when I see this in print.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #222  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
1. I don't want to feel like the biggest Mom at the Class parties any more.
2. I want to be healthy and fit, to live longer and enjoy my grandkids.
3. I want to feel sexy for my husband, and not hide in the dark!!!(ya know what I mean???)
4. I want to look good and feel comfortable in my bathing suit.
5. I don't want to feel sick to my stomach when I have to weigh at the Dr. office.
6. I would love to be know as the healthy sister!!! Not the chubby one.
7. I want to get through my day without repeating how tired I am over and over.
8. I want to look good this summer when my HS friends have our semi-annual get together.
9. I want my husband to say it was worth the $$$$$.
10. I want to feel pretty!!!!!

I seem kinda shallow when I see this in print.

No you don't seem shallow at all. Looking good is a HUGE factor for me. I watched my confidence fly out the window when I gained weight. I don't feel like I can't do anything but hide without it and I know what it takes to get it back, I have to feel like I look good. I'm sure there are plenty of people that will say "love you for who you are" and "just be happy in the skin your in" That's all fine and dandy if it works for them, but I roll my eyes and in my mind Im saying "whatever, go away little person, you be happy in your skin and I will try to decrease my skin "

I wonder if drinking the max HNS "really" makes the weight come off faster. I understand why we drink them, but Im not convinced yet that drinking 5 a day is any different than drinking 2 unless you are a exercise fanatic (wish I were) I know when weight training you need more protein to help build muscle but do we need THAT much more protein if we are not weight training? Has anyone started on 2 HNS a day and then upped it to 4 or 5 and saw a big difference? I can drink more a day that's no problem but if it doesn't help the weight come off faster then I don't want to waste my money on more than I am obligated to drink.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-30-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #223  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I am kinda upset with my center too. I feel like they spend so much time pushing pills on me that they forget to do much of anything else. I have been there a month, and yesterday we had to go over all the suppliments, vits., MRC6 all that stuff I have already heard about.
I have lost 26 inches and they want me to by something that will make me lose more inches for $60. I know that we have talked about all this before, but what do you guys think? I have been taking the ADWL(when I remember) but I'm thinking about when it is gone, just doing the multi and HNS. OH one more thing..... my center is always out of everything. I just spent $55 on HNS that I don't really like, because they didn't have anything else. Sorry to be so gripey!! I don't know why I'm so cranky??????? thanks for listening(reading)haha

It seems to me the centers seem to give differing information. For example my center told me I had to have 4HNS a day. I also do not like taking all the pills. I don't know if I will buy more when mine run out.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #224  
Crystal

My center told me to max out at 4 a day also. I've been doing that for quite some time now and haven't seen a change in weight loss speed...it's all been slow. LOL So, I've been wondering the same thing as 3MM...is it just to get us to buy more...or if I cut back to 2 will my little losses completely stop? That'd suck!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #225  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

I am also required to take the Flax seed capsules everyday too.
Closed Thread