Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #181  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

ok, my list

1. not be anxious about swimsuit shopping!

2. to be able to sit without my tummy sitting in my lap!

3. continue having my children's arms wrap around me

4. to continue to be smaller than my husband!

5. TO FIT INTO A SIZE 10 BRIDESMAID DRESS!!! (that should be number one!)

6. to be healthy for health's sake

7. to go to my doctor's office and not have her tell me that I need to lose weight

8. to go shopping and have fun buying clothes again! (man, I've missed that!)

9. see my grandmother and have her take back her comment that I look pregnant!

10. to have more energy to play with the kids and not crash after 15 minutes!!!

I could go on and on with this list!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #182  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

My top 10:

1. Lose the pounds FOREVER!

2. Make my husband and children proud of me.

3. Go clothes shopping and have fun with the "new styles".

4. Be able to get rid of my BIG clothes FOREVER!

5. To not be embarrassed in pictures with my girl friends.

6. To not let food control me anymore.

7. To look good for my daughter's wedding in June...pictures again too!

8. Be able to keep up with my 14 year old on a school trip to New York in May.

9. Shock my brother's family in June when they come for the wedding.

10. Make this change truly a lifestyle change.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #183  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Way To Go!!!MSTeacher and losingforhealth
You two have done great!!

Congrats to everyone who lost this week!

Mirihawk Good luck with your resume and job hunting!

Just got back from WI and I am down another 2.2lbs. That is a total of 10.4 for this week. I was excited that I got to sign the 10# board. However, the consultant wasn't all that supportive today. She kept saying over and over how unusual it is for someone (especially a woman) to lose so much in one week. I felt like she was sort of trying to discourage me.....Has anyone else had this experience at their center?

Another question...Does everyone register on the test strip? I lost alot this week, but didn't register at all? The consultant said not to worry, but I don't understand why I wouldn't have registered at all!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #184  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Way To Go!!!MSTeacher and losingforhealth
You two have done great!!

Congrats to everyone who lost this week!

Mirihawk Good luck with your resume and job hunting!

Just got back from WI and I am down another 2.2lbs. That is a total of 10.4 for this week. I was excited that I got to sign the 10# board. However, the consultant wasn't all that supportive today. She kept saying over and over how unusual it is for someone (especially a woman) to lose so much in one week. I felt like she was sort of trying to discourage me.....Has anyone else had this experience at their center?

Another question...Does everyone register on the test strip? I lost alot this week, but didn't register at all? The consultant said not to worry, but I don't understand why I wouldn't have registered at all!

Thanks!

As for the loss - I think it depends on how much water you were drinking, salt you were taking in, etc before you began MRC. There can be pretty big losses in the beginning and I don't think there is anything weird about that! Weight is weight, right? As for the consultant being weirded out - maybe she's just never seen it before and doesn't want you to get discouraged when you don't lose 10 lbs every week! It could set someone up for being disappointed. But you are doing FANTASTIC!

Not everyone registers on the test strip for one reason or another. Tons of things effect it including the amount of fat you are eating, the amount of water you are drinking, when you test, etc.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #185  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Congrats on the big loss - that's great! She might've just been trying to be sure you don't expect to continue to lose at that rate. It IS unusual - probably means you were retaining lots of water & it feels great to get rid of that bloat.
I only remember testing positive for ketones once or twice, and it was only a trace then. No problem - as long as you're following the program you're fine.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #186  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
ok, my list

2. to be able to sit without my tummy sitting in my lap!

9. see my grandmother and have her take back her comment that I look pregnant!

I could go on and on with this list!!!

Oh I should have used your #2. and your #9.!!

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-29-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #187  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Way To Go
!

I think maybe that consultant forgot to realize something. I lost 7 pounds my first week (after preconditioning). But if someone who weighed 160 lost 7 pounds in week that might be very rare. It is easier for me to lose more weight in a quick short amount of time because I have more I need to lose. Enjoy your loss, I don't think its unusual for the first week. Keep in mind that the next week or two if you don't lose much don't get discouraged, your body may need to adjust. I lost 9 (including my week of preconditioning) the first two weeks and have only lost 2 in that past two weeks but since I had a pretty big loss in the beginning I'm ok with that. I just hope next week it picks up again.

Yay for you, 10.4!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #188  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Today I thought I would take a grape HNS and pour it in the blender with ice and make a slushie. It turned out really weird though. It wasn't clear, crisp and fruity like I thought it would be. I like the grape HNS but this turned out looking creamy, and it tasted odd, kinda rich and foamy and I did not like it at all and I poured it out. I don't understand why it did that it was just ice and HNS. Hated to waste one but eww it was just wrong.
3monkeysmomma

You could try blending the ice before and then mixing in you grape HNS and some water. This way you mixing the HNS even more. I think JewlieK hit it on the head when she said you are introducing air into the HNS. You could also just grind up the ice and pour the HNS over it. Then you have a snow cone

MMMMMM - they are really good and it totally feels like a treat!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #189  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default Wi

I wi today and was down 5.5 lbs. Of course, since I refused to change my ticker after I gained 2.5 on Tuesday that huge loss doesn't reflect on my ticker as well....but as I stated ealier I think the 2.5 was because of my keys and cell phone. Anways I will take a 3 lbs. loss.

I am well on my way. I am so excited.....I am still working on my top 10 list but reading all of yours has been a great inspiration.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #190  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Hello everyone,

I went to WI today and was down 3.5 whoooo hoooo, for a grand total of 4 pounds this week. I was very impressed with that because it's TOM and I usually gain. This the most I've lost since preconditioning. YAY me! Congrats to all the losers!

Last edited by exsquisit; 03-29-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 149/133/127

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to all of the losers this week! Isn't it amazing what a number can do to your mind set? I weighed in this morning and was down .5. My family and I have been on Spring Break this week and I was hoping to drop at least 3 lbs, maybe next time. I am proud that I stayed op with a different schedule. My new favorite things to eat are slices of cucumber, tomato and a little green onion sprinkled with some dill and topped with the Mock Honey Dijon Dressing (recipe on pg 33 of cook book). It is yum, yum, yummy!! To all of my MRC friends, have a wonderful op weekend. We are supposed to get snow again Sunday. I am so ready for warm weather!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #192  
Ms. Jennifer

This is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
I wi today and was down 5.5 lbs. Of course, since I refused to change my ticker after I gained 2.5 on Tuesday that huge loss doesn't reflect on my ticker as well....but as I stated ealier I think the 2.5 was because of my keys and cell phone. Anways I will take a 3 lbs. loss.

I am well on my way. I am so excited.....I am still working on my top 10 list but reading all of yours has been a great inspiration.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #193  
Ms. Jennifer

Can someone please tell me how to change my ticker? Do you have to start all the way back over each time?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #194  
Ms. Jennifer

I think I figured it out.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #195  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Happy Saturday Afternoon! Well, I think I might finally be over the flu, but this morning I woke up with a terrible reaction to the Tamaflu I was taking! I look like a lobster! I have a rash all over and my hands are swollen and horribly itchy! Good grief...if it's not one thing, it's another. I've taken some Benedryl to see if I can clear up this rash, and the itchy palms are driving me crazy!

I went to wi in today and I was expecting the worst. I haven't been able to eat much of anything, let alone stay on plan, plus I haven't had anywhere near enough water. I told my counselor this, and she told me to expect a possible gain because of water weight, meds, etc. I think we were both in shock when it turned out that I had lost 4 pounds! OH MY GOODNESS! I got to sign the 20 pound board. It ALMOST made the flu worth it (well, maybe not, but at least it was a good side effect.)!
I also bought one of those Hamilton Beach mini blenders for my HNS's. I am so excited to try it. I have really disliked having to drag out the big blenders for my little bits of meals, so this seems like it will be just the thing! I will let ya'll know how I like it.
3monkeysmomma~thanks for the advice about Market Street. I love the one on 50th, but haven't visited the new one yet. We are on the opposite side of town (Shallowater) and we keep hoping they will put one out this way. BTW, I saw that you are living in Brownfield. I used to live in Ropes, and we would go to BF for lots of things, because it was closer than Lubbock! Funny how small the world really can be, huh!
Closed Thread