Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #106  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

[QUOTE=losingweightnow;2121178]3mm - I was thinking the same thing!! I was also wondering if I knew MnC since we are from the same area. Since I have seen the pic - nope - don't know her!

Maxncandy - do you go to the Shalimar office? I go to the Miramar Bch office. QUOTE]

Thanks to you both for the Compliment. I was wanting to post a pic a while ago, but couldn't find any that I liked recently. I guess I am always the picture taker. This was from Easter Sun. I used to go to the Shalimar office a couple of years ago. I did great. But, then I had a baby last year, and couldn't kick the weight. So, I decided to do MRC again. But, I have since moved further away from the office, so I didn't sign. I am ordering my supps online and doing it on my own. The diet works, it is just taking me longer since I don't have the accountablility or classes. Where is Miramir Beach?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #107  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

I have posted 30 times. How do I get a ticker? HELP
Old 03-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #108  
Terri

Just check'in out the new ticker. I'm so excited. I love to watch everone's move. Now I can watch my own.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #109  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Redgirl, I know right where you are coming from. My husband's job has moved us 6 times in 7 years. Everytime we move it is like starting a whole new life. It is hard. But do not be ashamed of who you are. There are people out there who feel exactly the way you do, no matter what they weigh. Use every pound that you loose, as motivation to get out there and find where you fit. And keep looking for that person that God has created to be your friend. Women need other women in their lives, and you will find that friendship.
Wow, six times in seven years? I can't imagine. How do you make friends? I suppose it's personality. I tend to be quiet until I am comfortable. You are so right about women needing other women in their lives for support and friendship. I think it is key in weight loss too, having someone to walk with and vent to is necessary. Well, I can't walk with you guys...but we can all vent and give advice. I believe the center will also be key for me and many others I am sure, for advice and the classes. Does anyone go to the classes?
Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #110  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=maxncandy;2121288]
Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
3mm - I was thinking the same thing!! I was also wondering if I knew MnC since we are from the same area. Since I have seen the pic - nope - don't know her!

Maxncandy - do you go to the Shalimar office? I go to the Miramar Bch office. QUOTE]

Thanks to you both for the Compliment. I was wanting to post a pic a while ago, but couldn't find any that I liked recently. I guess I am always the picture taker. This was from Easter Sun. I used to go to the Shalimar office a couple of years ago. I did great. But, then I had a baby last year, and couldn't kick the weight. So, I decided to do MRC again. But, I have since moved further away from the office, so I didn't sign. I am ordering my supps online and doing it on my own. The diet works, it is just taking me longer since I don't have the accountablility or classes. Where is Miramir Beach?

Miramar Beach is between Destin and Santa Rosa Beach (or Sandestin). The office is across the street from Gold's Gym. (east of Smith's Antiques on the South side of 98).

I am always the picture taker too - unless my 6 yr old takes them, and when she does - they usually turn out odd. Thus my odd looking pic in my avatar - taken by my wonderful 6 yr old.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #111  
Terri

I have gone to a couple of classes. They were about how to handle stress and not to turn to food. I thought they were helpful.
I don't know where you work out, but that is a good place to meet people. I used to be scared that only skinny girls in thongs would be working out next to me, but when I started there were more people who looked like me than them. And when I was on the tredmill next to a skinny girl I would be thinking I'm going to have your butt someday. So I would go a little fast and a litter harder. That sounds really bad. It hasn't always been easy moving, but I have learned alot about people. Some people just won't like you. No matter what you do or say or look like. But some will. I just walk past the one's that don't and look for the ones that do. But I also learned that I was not going to make any friends staying couped up in my house, laying on my couch. I had to be out there living life. And it always seems to work out. It will for you too!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #112  
Terri

Default Wow

Losinweightnow
WOW, your ticker is awesome. You only have 17#s to go. You should be proud of your picture!! You look great!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #113  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Needless to say, I have not been able to eat the right amounts, or all of my foods for each meal. I have been on a liquid/soft diet for 2 days, and I have 2 more days of it. Breakfast is ok, I do eggs and oatmeal. Lunch, I have been blending up cottage cheese with strawberries and an hns. My problem is the veggies, I can't seem to get them down, they are making me gag. Dinner is rough also. I had canned tuna and a piece of bread, but again, I can't get the veggies down. I am managing to get my vitamins down and my minimum HNS's. I am on 600 mg motrin, and percoset (spelling). I notice the scale went up 1.5 pounds here at home. I am sure it is because I am not eating all of my food, and the medicine is probably retaining some water. Also, I can't exercise at all, the pressure of the movement is to much to bear in my mouth, and it makes my mouth begin to bleed. HELLLPPPP! I know, I only have a few more days to bear with this, but, this is THE first time that I have not followed plan to a tee. It is really bothering me, as I am so close to my original 175 pound goal, I do not want a big set back.
Sorry about your dental issues. This might be a good time to just have the meal replacement drinks for lunch & dinner, (or maybe SlimFast, it's a whole lot cheaper & the Optima ones taste good) and maybe even a snack to be sure you're getting enough calories. You should be getting around 950-1000 calories, so breakfast plus 3 SlimFasts plus your HNS would keep you in that zone. I know they'd slap your hands at the center, but hey, special circumstances require special meals.
And yes, Motrin is known for causing water retention. So don't sweat those 1.5 lbs, they'll come off once you're off the Motrin. If you can manage some extra water & B-6, that should help too. Hope your healing process continues well.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #114  
Em

S/C/G: 170

[QUOTE=maxncandy;2121288]
Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
I used to go to the Shalimar office a couple of years ago. I did great. But, then I had a baby last year, and couldn't kick the weight. So, I decided to do MRC again. But, I have since moved further away from the office, so I didn't sign. I am ordering my supps online and doing it on my own. The diet works, it is just taking me longer since I don't have the accountablility or classes. Where is Miramir Beach?
We might've been going at the same time - I started at Shalimar in May of '06.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #115  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Meemo..thanks for your great advice! I have managed through breakfast and lunch today, but I might have to do the meal replacement shakes for dinner today. Lunch consisted of cottage cheese blended with strawberries, and then a side of baby food green beans. So I did get all of my "required" on plan foods, and breakfast was eggs and oatmeal, so that worked to. But dinner is scary So I think I will do the meal replacements for that.
Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Ok ladies and donuts.....I am back..... a little crampy and tired but back. I was going to stay away from the comp. for the weekend, but I am bored here doing nothing.

When you do maintenance how many cals do you get? I'm concerned; I exercise a lot and now want to add in weight training to tone up. The personal trainer wants me at 1800-2000 cals a day to support the amount of exercise I want to do. I'm so low now that she isn't sure she wants to work with me until I add more cals in. I'm close to my goal now, but have some free week and am toying with the idea of doing this (MRC) for the added weeks to get lower, but if I go thru stab. now I can add the exercising in that I want to do.

Here is my schedule for exercise
Monday - treadmill for 45 min at 85% max heart rate
Tuesday - spin class for 1 hour 15 min
Wednesday - Pilates in the morning and Kickboxing at night
Thursday - active rest - walk with husband, playing with kids outside for an hour
Friday - spin class for 1 hour 15 min
Saturday - jog for 1 hour (like to do intervals)
Sunday - off

I want to add weight training on Monday, Wed and Friday for about 45 min. Weight to exhaustion with 5 min cardio bursts to keep my heart rate up.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #117  

oh.....I forgot to tell you.....I lost 3 pounds yesterday at wi before the dr. appointment! Only 1 more and I sign the 45 board!!!!!

The doctor teased that the growth they took out is probably the 1 pound so she told me to go step on the scale afterwards. We had such a laugh!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Meemo..thanks for your great advice! I have managed through breakfast and lunch today, but I might have to do the meal replacement shakes for dinner today. Lunch consisted of cottage cheese blended with strawberries, and then a side of baby food green beans. So I did get all of my "required" on plan foods, and breakfast was eggs and oatmeal, so that worked to. But dinner is scary So I think I will do the meal replacements for that.
Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!
Have you tried making soup with the chicken boullion HNS and veggies. Then blend with hand blender or in the blender until smooth. You can drink it like soup in hand or eat it......maybe this could help if you want to get some food in.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #119  
Terri

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=jeweliek;2121723]Ok ladies and donuts.....I am back..... a little crampy and tired but back. I was going to stay away from the comp. for the weekend, but I am bored here doing nothing.

When you do maintenance how many cals do you get? I'm concerned; I exercise a lot and now want to add in weight training to tone up. The personal trainer wants me at 1800-2000 cals a day to support the amount of exercise I want to do. I'm so low now that she isn't sure she wants to work with me until I add more cals in. I'm close to my goal now, but have some free week and am toying with the idea of doing this (MRC) for the added weeks to get lower, but if I go thru stab. now I can add the exercising in that I want to do.

Here is my schedule for exercise
Monday - treadmill for 45 min at 85% max heart rate
Tuesday - spin class for 1 hour 15 min
Wednesday - Pilates in the morning and Kickboxing at night
Thursday - active rest - walk with husband, playing with kids outside for an hour
Friday - spin class for 1 hour 15 min
Saturday - jog for 1 hour (like to do intervals)
Sunday - off

I want to add weight training on Monday, Wed and Friday for about 45 min. Weight to exhaustion with 5 min cardio bursts to keep my heart rate up.

Gosh, you make me tired just reading about your work out. I can't wait until we move back to our home town this summer. We have a great Y there that offers all kinds of classes. There isn't anything where we live now.
Your weight loss is amazing and I can tell you are really dedicated to a life change. Is the spin class really hard? My BIL said he could not walk after his first few classes. He really could not stand on his feet, he said his ledgs were like jello. I have always been scared of it. Keep up the good work! You are very inspiring!!

Last edited by zackzmom; 03-28-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Gosh, you make me tired just reading about your work out. I can't wait until we move back to our home town this summer. We have a great Y there that offers all kinds of classes. There isn't anything where we live now.
Your weight loss is amazing and I can tell you are really dedicated to a life change. Is the spin class really hard? My BIL said he could not walk after his first few classes. He really could not stand on his feet, he said his ledgs were like jello. I have always been scared of it. Keep up the good work! You are very inspiring!!
I LOVE spin class! The first couple times you can get "saddle sore". It gets better.....as for soreness, you want to work for some sore, but not a "I can't move" sore. The instuctor will tell you that 1 is no resistance at all and 10 is resist. until you cannot move the petals......she/he will then tell you thru out the workout the intensity you need to be at.

In the beginning underestimate. When you are warming up work with the resistance so you find where your 5 is and where you 8 is. This will help you during your workout so that you don't make it too hard. It is all up to you. You are the only one that controls the resistence nob! If you want it more challenging just up the resistence. Also, remember that standing is always optional and have the instructor help you set up the bike the first couple times so that you don't hurt yourself. You want to make sure that your knee is in the right position!
Closed Thread