Old 08-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #571  
PurpleSunshine

Hi Sherry - How have you been doing?
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #572  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Heather. Doing ok over here. Not completely POP, but not completely POOP neither!! Counting the days for the kids to return to school, and believe me, it is NOT soon enough!! Summer vaca is just too long.

How are you doing?
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #573  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,
So many posts and people to keep track off. I really enjoy the look into everyones busy life it helps me realize that my crazy one isn't the only one and I haven't added kids in *yet*!

My boyfriend and I went camping for 4 days last week - Wednesday thru Sunday. I was really good - I took all on program food and though I did have a couple toasted marshmallows and a night and one night a smores - also two days with ice cream that was a BIG starch but I managed to lose 0.2 pounds. I am hoping that later this week brings better news - I can't weigh in again until Friday. I want to do take off but can't find two days together to do it however I could do it Friday and Saturday - hate to do it on the weekend but I should be really busy on Saturday so it shouldn't be a problem. My bf leaves tomorrow am for another 23 days away for work. I will really miss him even though his time home we seemed to fight like mad - I think we both worked out our pended up issues.

Hope everyone has a good POP day and week.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #574  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon everyone!

Heather!!! I've missed seeing you around here lately, I was starting to think I was just missing your posts somehow. You're always such a bright part of my reading.

So yesterday I went in and signed up again with LAWL. So much money but it could be worse. I could have paid $7 a week instead of $4. I'm still undecided on whether I'll do bars. Maybe for a little while. The girl who set me up was very nice but I think I helped myself by calling ahead and when I made the appointment to come in I mentioned being on it before. SHe knew she wasn't selling me anything I didn't want and she couldn't try any tricks to get me to buy things I didn't need. We were straight forward with each other. I told her I wanted no supplements or any extras so don't bother and she said that was absolutely fine with her and skipped right over it. That was nice.

I am doing take off today and tomorrow. So far so good. It was hard doing it while in class all morning but I figured out a way to get in a few bites of food here and there.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #575  
PurpleSunshine

Sherry - I'm doing pretty good - ab out the same as you - Not total POP but not POOP either - somewhere in between or bouncing back and forth - other than that - doing good. I'm back on track today - feeling alot better about doing some heavy cardio at lunch. My DH has been out of town alot lately, so if I don't work out during lunch - I don't get too period - The 2 year old at home would not put up with any of that - hahahahah!!!

Somer - Hey sweetie!! thanks for missing me - It always brightens a girl's day when she knows she was missed!!! I love this board, it just seems lately - it has been sooooo hard to keep up with - with all the newbies!!! The more the merrier - but personals are almost getting impossible - and I truly hate to hurt anyone's feelings!!! Glad you got all sign up and hopefully without too much pressure since you laid it all on the line up front - Good for you!!

Katie - Can't wait to hear how the first official day at the new job went!!! I hope everything was as smooth as a baby's butt!!! hahahahahahaha....
Well, I'm almost outta here for the day - Hope everyone has a good evening!!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #576  
Missing Ohio

Purplepirate - Thanks, I'm working at not getting too excited. But, girlfriend I could blow a gasket if I let go. I'll wait until I'm officially settled in Miss.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #577  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

HeatherPP and Carmen--you guys are cracking me up--but many mnay THANKS to you for the motivation and encouragement--I need(ed). This is the first day in too many I've stayed POP--I should just go straight to bed right now so I don't screw it up!

Hi all!!!!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #578  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Evenin' ladies! Well I totally sucked at WI but I knew I would Up 2 pounds or so.... I told the counselor about being ill, and she was pretty certain that was the culprit, but I asked if she thought switching to shakes for breakfast might help get back on track and she said it couldn't hurt to mix up the menu a smidge. SO, I bought a 4 pack of the chocolate and I'll have one in the morning.

Thanks to all of you who wished me feel betters. I do feel better in spite of my set back and I have not been exercising at all, so maybe if I start that will help boost me back into a losing pattern. The counselor did suggest one of the supplements, but I can't remember what. She said it helped you feel fuller (which isn't a problem, because it's already hard for me to eat eveything.) But she also said it helped you lose inches. I tried to look it up in my paperwork, but nothing sounds like what she called it.

My youngins keep aking me how far my fish has moved on my ticker. Last night my boy asked if it was halfway yet... LOL almost as funny as the time he asked how old I was during the civil war! (I'm only 30 for goodness sake! But I guess when you are 8, everyone seems ancient!)

Keep on keepin on gals, and please forgive me for not mentioning everyone by name all the time. I don't know how yall keep it all straight, but thanks for when you guys to say my name 'cause it makes me feel important, and I will try to do better too. Ya'll mean the world to me and I am so thankful to share.

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #579  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down

Good evening everyone. Well today at WI i was up 1.6 lbs. I was pretty mad but what do you do. Alot of it has to do with STRESS, time of the month and the fact that i do not use the bathroom regularly. Soooo i guess that would be some of my problems. I have not been POP but its that time of the month and all i think about is food. My job is driving me crazy. I work in a small state office with 4 other ladies and everyone is PMSing this week. Not a good thing. I told them today that i would rather work in a office with a bunch of men then a bunch of lady. (myself included). It just sounds like almost everyone is having a hard week. Maybe next will be better.

I had a taco salad from Wendys for dinner. Probably not to good for staying on plan but i will start fresh tomorrow.
Thanks for you support, today was just a very bad day.
STACY
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #580  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning girls! WI today at lunch. I have been better the last two days than I have in a few weeks - I REALLY was watching taking those little BLT's of DS chips and salsa, french fries, etc., so I hope the scale notices.

HeatherPP - So good to see you back, and thanks for the encouragement yesterday.

Jenni - Your stories crack me up!

Sznn - I've got to tell ya... I was readiing some back posts for some encouragement over the past few days, and your pics look awesome. I know you want those last 10 lbs, but you really look good. I can't wait to be where you are!

Stacy - Hang in there! We're all here for you.

Katie - How did the first day go?

Lea Ann, Deb, Sherry, Lori, Carmen, Beanie, Kristi, and everyone else, have a great POP day!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:41 AM   #581  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Not much to say on this end. Today is a busy day running in and out, still getting appointments before the kids go back to school.

Shannon - sounds like overall you had a great time camping! Hope the scale is good to you!

Jenni - I had the same problems (and still do) at the beginning about keeping up with everybody's name and writing out personals. At the suggestion of others, I open up a blank WordPad document and read a little, write (type) a little into WordPad, and copy & paste it over to 3FC. I still can't get to everybody all the time. But it has helped me some!

Stacy - today is a new day!

Cassi - at WI!

to everybody else!! Have a great POP day today!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #582  
PurpleSunshine

Good Morning my chickies!!! Well, I totally had the best day yesterday and had planned a total POP dinner - well then the DH got home late, so we ordered pizza - I ate some thinking I would just have a CC - didn't eat much, but I just felt sick to my stomach. The scale wasn't friendly this morning, but I'm hoping it is just some water retention - I go see the PT at lunch today - so I'm sure he will get me to sweatin'

Jenni - I totally agree with Sherry - it took me a while and using wordpad, word or notepad to keep up usually helps alot especially with all the new people. Some of us have been around for awhile and it just becomes second nature after awhile - do what you can and don't worry about personals....

Stacy - Girl, don't let yesterday get you down. It is okay and we all run into those days every now and then. The test is letting it be yesterday and starting today with a fresh mind and fresh attitude!! You can do it - stay strong girlfriend!!

LeaAnn - Glad the humor and the motivation talked helped a little bit!! (you know that is what I'm here for!!!).....Hope yesterday ended up totally POP for you!!

Cassi - Girl that scale will notice - just stay positive and it will move - !!! You've done so well - keep having more of those good days and they will pay off!!

katie - How did yesterday go? Hope everything was smooooothhhh.....hehehehe

Carmen - How are you this morning??

Barbara - oh where oh where is our west coast friend?

Bre - All the new stuff can be so exciting - Well girlfriend - Welcome to the South - you will love it!!!

Okay, I'm off to meetings for most of the morning - see you chickies this afternoon!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #583  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Good morning girls. I'm having a horrible day today. I've forgotten to do things I was suppose to do, I'm totally flustered. I could really use a comfort food right about now, and I'd probably indulge in it except that I don't have any available. So I'll drink my take off juice and brood. I'm in one of those kick myself in the pants kind of moods. Stupid mistakes make me absolutely crazy.

I'm going into the COD today to get my actual plan. I've been to all of my classes now once and I've got a pretty good idea of my semester. Lots of reading and a few papers. I'm going to sit down right now, in fact, and read some John Dennis and then some Postmodernism. Those crazy postermodernists crack me up.

Here's to a perfectly on plan day and lots of hopes for everyone else to have a good day. I envision you all having wonderful days to counteract the stumbling crashing karma I've inflicted upon myself today. I'm counting on you to pick up the wonderful-day slack!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #584  
FBD/8-18-08

Sommer - I'm glad it went well signing up. My dh has been pretty lucky about that. He made it clear that we were on a strict budget and they have left him alone. Although the "blue highlights" are still on my nerves. I planned to have beef today and he told me it wasn't a "blue highlight" day. Of course when I try to discuss it, he says, "I have to answer to them when I go in, you don't". I give up. I changed the menu for today.

Purplepirate - I LOVE purple so your posts perk me up when I see them. There is SO much salt in pizza, I'm sure your scale was just seeing water retention. Isn't it funny how things we used to eat a lot now do not agree with us or taste different (which is a blessing in some ways!)? Hey, I just noticed you're a Southerner too! Well, hey ya'll!

Jenni - I'm glad you're feeling better! DH has been fighting sinus/headcold the last couple of days and he's been pretty miserable. Of course we all know that our men can't handle being sick! No wonder women have the babies! At least your fish isn't moving UP-STREAM! By the way, 30 is a great age. I'll be 50 in a few years and we all joke and say dh and I are older than dirt!

Stacy - Okay, like you said, today is a new day (even if you have to spend it with a bunch of PMSing women!) I know what you mean about working in a small office with women. (sorry ladies) My very first job was in a VERY small office with a most of the time hung over woman mad at her husband, a moody boss that took her family life out on us, and a single that was more concerned about her next date than her next paycheck. You never knew how the day was going to be until everyone got there and it pretty much was uphill from there! The scale will show a difference during TOM but don't let it get you down. Jump back on, plan your meals and today will be a brighter new beginning!

Cassi - Of course the scale notices! If it doesn't notice today, it must be a "male" scale and will take a while to notice anything that changes. If it notices today, then it must be a "female" scale! :

Sherry - I'm running errands today too. I've got to get estimates on the damage done by a Uhaul that scraped my rear quarterpanel on my van. Go to Sams, Walmart, and Food lion.

Oh, I forgot to mention my new Avatar. Ladies, I'd like to introduce you to my "baby" (now that my boys are BOTH teenagers) "Digger". He's a 6 month old Hybrid Yoshon. A cross between a Yorkshire Terrier and a Bichon Frise. He lays at my feet while I'm on the computer unless he needs lovin' and then he jumps and paws at my arm until he gets it!

25 more days until vacation!
Blessings to you all!
Have I mentioned how great you're all doing? Keep up the great work!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #585  

S/C/G: 223/176.0/170

Hi everyone
hope everyone is having a POP day!
Katie- how is the new job?
I just wanted to share a tip I found out about if you like mashed potatoes. If you get a potato ricer it makes really nice mashed potatoes with only using a tablespoon of butter for 4 servings. It makes them nice and creamy without the added milk and stuff. My daughter is in culinary arts school and she made us them last night. After she riced them she used her piping bag and made 1/2 cup mounds and them browned them in the oven. They were great! It is a challenge having her learn all these good recipies - some are too fatty and rich for me to eat. But she is also learning how to make healthy foods that fit in our program.
Barb
kicker_RN is offline   Reply With Quote