Old 08-22-2006, 01:05 AM   #556  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone...actually, I haven't been to bed yet. Got an invite to see Kenny Chesney in concert (hard to pass up free tix)...Kenny is mighty fine. He's got these amazing, muscle arms I would die for (well, I'd be happy just not having flabby ones). I decided to go to the concert for a little pick me up since for the 3rd weigh in in a row, the scale did not budge. And I've been sooooo good. Had the good counselor and she's puzzled too. She suggested I do 1 bar and 1 LAWL drink mix since there is less sugar in the drink mix. I'll TRY it, but I'm going to miss my afternoon snack bar. I also have to be real careful with my portions and sizes. And she suggested variety in food choices (I think I get a fairly good variety in). She also asked me to bring in the results from some blood work I had the other day from my OB/GYN and perhaps she'd have some other suggestions when she sees those numbers. I'm still not discouraged about the lack of disappearing pounds. I'm still motivated to stay on program and make this a true lifestyle change instead of a scale obsession.

Hope everyone enjoys their day and takes a few minutes to focus on their progress and goals so far. Although my weight is the same as it was last week, I've lost over 12 pounds and feel good about that.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:02 AM   #557  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Hi all! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday--another attempt for me to have an POP day. Yesterday wasn't too bad but I went over on it seems like everything and even though it was OP foods it was still over--ugh. Mentally I think exercising gives me the right to eat more. I have got to find my lost motivation.

Lisa--WTG!!! I am so glad your gain was minimal and they worked with you--aren't you just so proud of yourself?? Love the new photo.

Katie & Bre--good luck at your new job.

Pearl--glad to have you. We also like the Kashi Crunchy bars--nice change.

Sommer--love to read your posts. Glad you got a good deal when joining up.

Carmen, Bernadette--glad to see you guys back on the boards!

Lori--I missed you!!! I've been lurking and it's just not the same without all you veterans (too many to list but you ALL know who you are!) Gald you had a good trip.

Sznn--I am on the same slippery slope you are on and need to get off! I am a bad girl. WTG on the roller skating!

Deb--your dinner sounds terrific!

Jenni--feel better!

Joni--hope your little stall doesn't last long. YOu are doing everything right, now the ol body is just trying to catch up. (my opinion)

Have a great one--time to get the baby bears up--oh joy.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #558  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya chickies!!

Lisa - you are lookin' great girl - Love the new avatar!!

Carmen - OH my chickie!!! So glad to have you back - You were truly missed!!

Bernadette - Welcome back as well!! Wow it is so nice to see some of the oldies back on the boards again!!

Katie -Good luck with starting the new job today!! I'm sure things will go great!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! You are perfect for that job!!

Bre - Congrats on the move and getting the new job as well!!! Wow - moving all the new stuff - you are my hero girl!! congratulations!!

Boo - Hey girl!!! How are you doing? Sorry you seem to have lost your motivation -= Maybe we can all help each other get back on track. oh wait a minute ......(someone is peaking up from under my desk) "Who? LeaAnn? " - Oh, you're her motivation?? - Okay, let's get you on a plane and send you back - she's been waiting for you" - Okay, LeaAnn, just got back from the airport and MOTIVATION is on it's way back. She will be arriving on flight 1145 Delta Airlines - please be there promptly at 10:00 am to pick her up !! heheheheh - just a little free humor this morning!!! hahahahahaha

Somer - Good luck going to the cod - I hope meeting with them will help you with any of your struggles!!

Lori - Hey girl!! You are too funny about your girlie weekend!! Glad you had a good time and good luck with the alcohol induced weight disappearing - I'm sure it will!!

Sznn - Hey girl - Sorry about the weekends - but I'm sure there are so many who can tottally relate !! You look so good though and you seem to get right back on track during the week - that is such as NSV - you should still be proud of yourself!!! Good luck on your 10 lb goal!! I'm sure you will get there - you're so DETERMINED!!!

Kristi - Hey chickie!!!

Skipper , Sherry , Debbie, Bre, Joni, Pratz, Biz,(and anyone I missed) -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:42 AM   #559  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning friends! I am getting ready to leave to the new job, so I am sure I will have plenty to report later. On an encouraging note, I was POP yesterday, and I have all of my food packed to keep me on plan today. Have a great day everyone!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #560  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all! There's so much for me to catch up on. I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been sooooo busy at work and at home. I hope everyone's been POP! I'm POP, but the scale hasn't moved for me. It's okay though.....i'm optimistic! Miss you all. Take Care!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:13 AM   #561  
PurpleSunshine

Hi Evette!! Sorry the scale hasn't moved - but I'm sure it will!! POP will pay off in the long run - it always does!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #562  
Maintainer

Hi Heather!! Thanks for the encouragement. Nice to see you back! Take care girl!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #563  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Hello everyone! Hope that you are all doing well.

Chklit! Great to see you!!!

HeatherPP - you too!

This summer amnesty thing sounds like a great motivation for us all. I am starting over with the 21 day boost thing here soon. I really struggle to get all my protiens in. I have got to do better and I think having a few slimdowns will help with that. I wish i liked the slimfast but I don't it just tastes tinny to me or something. I have tried every other drink out there and I just don't like them.

Went to the COD and I was up a couple pds. PMS and lack of my medicines didn't help. Im going to hit the water and lemon water hard this week and I know it will come back off.

Hope everyone has a POP day!

Katie good luck at your new job!!!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #564  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everybody!

Thanks so much you guys for the warm welcome back. Its been way too long. When I have time I will try reading through the past posts. I can already tell I've missed a lot around here.

I just spent this morning getting the kids settled in school. My little DS was SO excited to go, whereas my big boy was literally on the floor last night wailing "Do we HAVE to go back???" I think he was masking his excitement though, because he made the football team and I know he has got to be excited about that. I know I sure am.

Katie - New job? I really must go back and see what's up. Best of luck though, and WAY TO GO on packing your OP foods. I've packed my OP foods for the day too! My DPs are doing okay - mom is just great. She has finished her treatments and all of her tests are looking good. Dad goes to get his radiation implants in mid September. Thank you so much for inquiring. You ROCK.

Deb - those scallops sound really good. You guys are the master chefs. Yum!

LeAnn - I hope you made it to the airport for Motivation. Listen to her when she gets there. She was here with me this weekend, that's how I ended up back at the COD. I tried to stifle her, but she me but good! Her sister, Encouragement, is still here with me. She says she prefers Amtrak but says she's on her way to you as well.

HeatherPP!!! I've missed you so. Your avatar is to die for. Keep up the great work chickie.

Praz - Yes I love the little chick in my avatar. That's my "I wish" pic. About the only things in that pic that are true to form are the huge feet!

Bre - Relocation??? Whatever will The Brothers do now? Best of luck, chick, and please do fill me in on the details. Another good one leaves C-Town. Our loss is definitely the south's gain. Do you have people down there?

To Everyone...Here's to a POP day...!

EDITED TO ADD
Beanie Girlfriend!!! Great to see you as well, as always. I was SO GLAD to lurk yesterday before posting and find that you were still around. I think I even said out loud OOH Beanie is here! Way to go with the diary thread. I will most definitely be using it.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #565  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good afternoon ladies!

There has been so much activity going on here, forgive me if I forget someone.

First of all... Bernadette and Carmen - Welcome Back! I had not found this board when y'all were here, but I have read past posts I "remember" you from those.

Lori - Glad you had fun! Glad you're back.

Heather PP and Lea Ann - Good to see both of you posting again. Come out and play more often!!!

Katie - Good luck today! And congrats on the POP yesterday.

Evette - Hope all went well with the move at work. Congrats on (another) POP day for you. You know that scale will move 2 lbs in a few days.

Joni - I love Kenney Chesney. How are you doing staying awake?

LJ - Glad the COD gave you what you needed and deserved.

Deb - Those scallops sounded yummy!

Jenni, Pearl, Sherry, Beanie, Bre, and anyone else I missed,

As for me... WI yesterday I was only down .2. And I was SOOOO good! Oh well, maybe it will be better Wednesday. I was so busy yesterday, that I missed my protein and starch at lunch. Maybe that means WI will be good Wednesday after all!

Have a POP day everyone!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #566  
Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Evette - Hope all went well with the move at work. Congrats on (another) POP day for you. You know that scale will move 2 lbs in a few days.
Cassi: Thanks for the encouragement. I hope the scale moves. As for the move at work, everything went well..Things are still winding down and adjustments are being made. Someone brought in some Krispy Kremes, but I was good and resisted the temptation. I'm just glad they didn't stay in the office long! KWIM? I hope you have a great day.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #567  
Missing Ohio

Carmen - the brothers know that I won't be here next week while they are gathering in Cleveland, so the North Carolina brother just said 'make sure that I leave a key so that they can knock the dust off of the grills and get to the tools to leave it better than it was'. They can gather in Mississippi next year. There is no doubt that I will always see them.

No family in Miss. but have relatives close by in Ala. where I was born

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 08-22-2006 at 01:46 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #568  
FBD/8-18-08

Good Morning everyone (even though it's 1:40pm here)
Had another great day. My 16yr old (today) went to Busch Gardens yesterday with friends and my 13 yr old had friends stay over Sunday night. So yesterday afternoon, they had a pizze and birthday cake party. I was okay with the cake, but the pizzas smelled so good baking! And then I saw the pepperoni... So, I ate my peach and went back to work! WOO HOO!
Dh gained .8 from the weekend, but lost 1.8 by this morning, so he's happy!
I'm not getting on the scale again until TOM is gone.
It's great to more here to input. Welcome back all, and to all who have been here, thanks!

Have I mentioned how gorgeous you all are?
Blessings to all,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #569  
PurpleSunshine

Cassi - I'm sure weds will be better - hang in there girl!! Just missing the P&S could've stalled you just a little - keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!

Evette - OMG - Krispy Kremes - I would've been glad that they disappeared quick as well!!!

Praz- Good for you staying away from both the pizza and the cake - alternating for a peach and going to work? Wow - you should pat yourself on the back more than once.

Carmen - My dear chickie! You are way too nice to me. Trust me - I haven't been the best little chickie either - I haven't gone way out of control, but I just kind of concentrated on some other things. I went back to my PT today and just did cardio - tomorrow I meet with him for weight training - whooo hooo!!! I knew I needed some warming up before tomorrow - I've been a slacker the past 2 weeks or so with the exercise. Sounds like getting the boys back to school is exactly what you needed for yourself too - I'm sure the eldest will start getting more and more excited - I now you are too proud about the football team!!!

Hey Beanie - I know what you mean about the slim fast tasting like a can - or tinny as you call it - I didn't care for them too much either. Have you tried the carb control EAS? or just the regular EAS? I love them - get them at target or the grocery store - they come in french vanilla and strawberry - not sure about carb control - but I know regular ones come in fudge too I think.....I love them and they come in a cardboard type packaging - not the tin/metal....
Old 08-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #570  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!

Katie – How was your first day of your new job?

Carmen & Bernadette - Back!!

Lisa – your new photo looks great!

Lori – sounds like you had a great time in Sacramento. I’ve never been on a mystery train, and always wanted to do it. I think it would be fun!

Sznn - you can do this!!

Jenni – hope you’re feeling better.

Carmen – Congrats to DS on making the football team!

Evette, HeatherPP, HeatherCP, JM, Sommer, Cassi, Lea Ann, Joni, Joan, Beanie, Pearl, and everybody else I may have missed -

Here’s to a great POP day!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote