Old 08-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #511  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Sommer- we would never accuse you of hogging the boards- I am just happy someone out there is posting- the weekends are so quiet- I feel like the only looser with nothing to do.

Well I started the summer ammenesty today- I got out my old journal- the last time I did it was july 7th and that was after I had blown it off for a month- so the last time I regularly did it and also measured my food was beginning of June. I have been POP today and chugging water like crazy- I have not been drinking my water in weeks, and I feel it. I wake up sore all over in the mornings, and I have found it is when I have not been drinking enough. I know tomorrow morning I will feel so much better.

Tomorrow I am going back to my COD, I am scared. I am scared they will want more money out of me and we are broke. I hate the end of the month, it is a pain trying to creatively get along with a family of 5 for the next 10 days on 100 bucks. Anyways, I can not buy more weeks at this time. The other thing is I am out of bars and I have been using Luna bars. I know they can just switch me to a plan without lites, but i need that sweet fix everyday. I am not going to give up the Luna bars. Do I lie to them or insist on using them?

Well you guys are going to be seeing a lot more of me because I need to get back in control and will be comming here to keep me accountable. I will update my ticker tomorrow after WI. I am afraid it is going to be ugly.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #512  

I forgot I had a story to share. My oldest son saw me take out my journal today and asked me if I was doing LAWL again. I told him and my daughter, who was sitting there too, that they were going back to school tomorrow and I was going to finally be able to take care of my own needs instead of being constantly on call for theirs. They did not understand what I meant so I began telling them how when they are home in the summer they expect me to be always there for them making food, arranging playdates, going to baseball games, etc. and it is hard for me to concentrate on my needs. Just as I was saying this my other son was interrupting me asking what he could have to drink. I ignored him and kept talking, so he threw his cup on the floor to get my attention. I turned to the others and said, "See, this is exactly what I mean" I think they got it.

Amen to all you teachers out there. I love my kids and the summer has been great, but it is time for us to all get some structure back in our lives.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #513  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Sommer--type away--I'm with Lisa--weekends are my best chance to read up. Now I want a Magic Bullet (I want it everytime I see the infomercial!!)--you should get paid by the company for selling them here.

Lisa--what a coincidence--I just started a new diary yesterday--finally got the official blue diary and booklet--woohoo--love the extra starch. I have been way over all summer in starches and under in veggies and fruit and my body is in shock today--same with the water. Did you pre-pay for stabilization and maintenance? I did, so when they said I needed to buy more weeks I said (flatout) NO, you can take them off my maintenance but I have written enough checks to you. Just a suggestion--I'd much rather lose them from maintenance (since I bought 52 weeks) that pay more for weightloss. They just said ok. And as for the bars just tell them you want all food and sub it out in your diary, or just tell them they are honestly too high and you are using Luna's. I figure at this point they have a long list of reasons I no longer qualify for my "rebate" so I really have nothing to lose. (except the weight of course!). Really, if they can't understand the "budgeting" talk they either make too much or don't have a family to budget for. It's pretty universal I think--lol. Good Luck though--I know it's stressful to discuss--why do we always feel like children going to the office when we have to talk to them?? I hope your WI goes better than you think--you may be pleasantly surprised and I hope you are. Either way--you are back on track and will start losing again. And hey--I love teaching and by the end of summer I love the prospect of other peoples' kids rather than my own!!

Sherry--we had an impromptu picnic here last night. DH helped some friends move and all the "movers" ended up here for burgers and dogs--17 people in all--needless to say I was not OP, even made up pitchers of margaritas--I'll never be accused of being a bad hostess! LOL. I certainly can't have my guests drinking alone--oh my!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #514  

Lea ann- I did prepay for everything so hopefully they will just let me take from maintenance, I doubt I would qualify for my refund anyways so what do I have to loose. I am glad to be getting back on plan, I feel so much more in control today- being in control of my food make me feel better all around and life is so much easier.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #515  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lisa--take that feeling of control to the COD and just be firm in that's all you are willing to do--you've paid for the weeks--it shouldn't matter how they label them whether it's as weightloss or maintenance weeks. I was ready to threaten calling the 800 number but didn't even have to fight for it. I haven't been too great today after all--I really MUST get better. TOM started today and it's the worst cramps I've had since I started LAWL--I really am thinking it's because I'm eating bad. I have my day pretty much planned for tomorrow so I just need to stick to it.

Kristi--Hi girl! Good to see you too. Parties are tough for me--I want to play, too.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #516  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Height: 5'7"

Hey Everyone,
So i went out with my friends last night. I did pretty good. I drank about 3 12oz diet coke and vodka. I did not think that was to bad. All my friends drank beer and then we went back to my house and everybody was hungry and they ate chips and hamburgers, but not me. I went to bed. I was a good girl. I had a good time but i was just thinking about that 2 pounds i had just lost and did not want to gain it back. So today i have been to tired to eat, i know that i should have ate more today but i just couldn't. We went to mexican today but i just at Chicken Fajitas. So i will let you all know about how WI is tomorrow. Thank you to everyone for you help and support. i love you guys, you are great.
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #517  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Lisa...good luck with your meeting tomorrow AND with working out your end of the month budget. Let us know how WI it goes and, like LeeAnn says, just be strong and to the point with them. Hopefully they will work with you. I highly doubt I'll make my weight loss in the time period allotted me. I've earned 4 free weeks through a promo office, and after that, I'm also going to ask that they use my maintenance weeks. Does anyone know if you are on Maintenance, do they only allow you to weigh one time a week??

WI for me is tomorrow and other than a POP week, my mini goal for this week is 5 workout days versus my normal three.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:25 PM   #518  
Mom of 3 little boys

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, I'm the biggest lurker here. I check out this board two or three times a day, but hardly ever post. I've lost about 24 pounds since starting LAWL in April or so (I can't even remember when I started). And, like some of you, I've been losing and gaining the same three pounds since June. I've fluctuated between 144 and 146 for almost three months now. I'm about two pounds from my goal, and I can't seem to get it together and just lose TWO POUNDS! Is that nuts, or what?

Like you Lisa, I haven't been in to the COD since my oldest got out of school. (He "graduated" from kindergarten in June.) I managed to go to the COD with 2 and 4 year olds, but can't manage it with a 6 year old too. Somehow it just seems so much more difficult with three kids in tow.

However, I started back to school last week and my oldest starts back this Wednesday, so I'm going to get off my tushie and get myself onto stabilization. (Unless I decide to lower my goal 5 pounds - without paying for extra weeks!)

It's wierd how I eat better when I'm in school. My law school is right next door to a Safeway, so I almost always stop in there to grab a salad and a Luna bar for class. Actually, I guess it's not that wierd after all, since I eat salad for dinner on school nights instead of eating lasagna and garlic bread with my family.

I just wanted to pop in now and tell you that you ALL are such inspiration to me! Cassie, you're so outgoing and open about everything. Katie, I'd go nuts with your in-laws and you seem to handle them beautifully. Evette, I'm the "lurker groupie." Everyone else, keep up the good work and let's all get on that amnesty!

ChristineS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:00 AM   #519  

~ Hi everyone!

With all this talk about the magic bullet -- I've been eying it too! If anyone wants to order online at kohls -- there is an online coupon for 30% off with your kohls charge = enter CHARGE30.

Hope this helps!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:36 AM   #520  
Missing Ohio

Hello All,

Can't finish catching up before I post my news. Congrats to the losers. Also big congratulation to Katie on her new job.

My interview went very well on Friday and they made an offer which includes temporary housing and paid relocation. God is good. I was ready to pay the cost to move to another state. But this means that I can get rid of more stuff and use those $$$ to replace the stuff after I'm settled in. If I accept the job, they want me back next week for training on a new system that has been scheduled for sometime. Since it is for the system that I will be administrator of, I will be there. Also met a retired principal on the flight who shows some interest.

Will catch you chickies later. Have a good weight loss day.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #521  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning girls!

I'm still catching up on the weekend posts, so I will do more personals later.

Sommer - Congrats on the bullet, and, no, you aren't doing it wrong. The blade on mine doesn't cut as nicely as the commercial either. But I still love it. I love wher you got your name. Now I have more reading to do to find out about his work.

Joni - I love that you brought your stuff with you to the concert. We're zoo members here for 2yo DS, so we usually go every two weeks or so. The burgers and other crap there were out of the question when I started the program, and I didn't want to deny him going, so I started packing my lunch when we went. I bring my tuna from the bullet, some carrots, a tortilla and a Lite. Makes you feeel so good knowing you can still have fun and still be OP. When DH and I saw Brad Paisley a few weeks ago, he wanted to tailgate for dinner, so I had him stop at Applebees to get their tilapia to go too.

Joan - SO SORRY about stuff at your end of the world. We're here if you need to vent.

Jenni - WTG on the KK!

NSV for me! We were at the mall yesterday and everyone wanted lunch. I knew we were having the family over for a BBQ later, and I had planned out my day. I walked into the food court, smelled everything and turned to DH and said, "Do you have the kids? I need to get out of here." He said no problem, so they all ate and I went to Coldwater Creek to try on some jeans and - get this - a new outfit that was a real 16, not plus. I didn't buy it, but I could still fit into it. And that was better than any food court food. Then we went home and I ate my OP lunch. I was so proud of myself!

I'll catch up on posts and check in later after WI.

To those of you on TO - GOOD LUCK! Welcome to summer amnesty!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #522  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone. I'm glad to read some of you are getting out your diaries and putting them to good use. This is one of those moments I wish I was a paid customer of LAWL so I could have those little diaries. I used to find them comforting to keep track in. Maybe I'll try to figure out a way to get my hands on one of the new books and try to replicate them for my own use. We'll see. I used to love how they fit right into my purse.

I brought tunafish again today, made in my Magic Bullet I did it in like 30 seconds this morning because I was running late. Today is my first day back at classes. I've got my English Literature class called "The Sublime and the Beautiful" which makes me feel like I'm going to a soap opera not a class. Tomorrow I've got back to back classes, Critical Theory and Writing, Introduction to Linguistics, Shakespeare, Power Yoga and on Sept 9 I'll start Film History and Appreciation. Yes, yes I will be very busy this semester.

I'm about to go grab a protein smoothie (all fruit, all natural, all the time). No take off today because I don't have the stuff, but perhaps tomorrow if I can get to the store tonight. Amnesty, fitness, the next 21 days are all about me.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #523  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

OH Cassi! What a great NSV! You must be really proud of yourself. That sounded great, I feel like my willpower went up just reading that.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #524  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Lisa & Kristi - Good to see you both back again!

Lisa - I'm in the same position as you financially. Feeding a family of five, trying to be healthy (because of course healthy food is much more expensive than the junk), and out of LA Lites. Just not in a position to buy anything from LAWL right now, let alone the lites.

This is what kills me though. The COD KNOWS I'm out of lites, yet I'm still considered to be on gold w/lites.

Lea Ann - thanks for the info about the maintenance weeks. I still have a couple of months (October) of weight loss weeks, but I would need a miracle (not to mention how unsafe of a loss that would be) for me to reach goal by then, and I am NOT buying any more weeks, neither!!

Stacy - at WI

Joni - at your WI too!

Christine - Feel free to post as often as you want. Everybody here has been so helpful! Good Luck with law school, too!

Bre - Good to see you again! Good luck in your job decision! I'm so excited for you!!

Cassi - WTG on your NSV -- actually BOTH of your NSV -walking away from the food court & the new size!!

Sommer, Evette, Katie & Everybody Else --
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #525  
FBD/8-18-08

Talking

Good Morning LOSERS!

Well, we had our ds' 16th birthday party yesterday with 30 people here for a cookout/volleyball bash. It was really awesome to look at the people he invited, all from our church, ranging in age from 13 to 50. He chose to invite his friends and the people who influence or contribute to his life. It was an amazing group and we are so blessed to have them in our lives.

I made baked beans with the whole works, molasses, brown sugar, onion, and yes, bacon on top and a fresh veggie salad of tomatos and cucumbers out of our garden and red onions with zesty FF Ital. dressing they had marinaded in for a few hours to go with the burgers and dogs.

And for dh and I? I made the same baked beans with onion and splenda brown sugar. We each had about a 1/4 cup and they were AWESOME! Two of my friends tasted them and couldn't tell the difference!

The veggie salad was great! Even the teens liked it! We ate that for our veggies along with 1 sirloin burger on a WW locarb roll.

The cake was chocolate with chocolate mousse and chocolate icing and it was gorgeous! DH and I did not have any!!!! WOO HOO!

We "saved" our softdrink for the party and having had all our water for the day, had a diet soda with our dinner.

When everyone had left, we sat down, had a cup of LF milk 1D and a LA Chocolate Biscotti. (That may have been a cheat, I don't know, but had to have been a better choice than the cake!)

It was really cool. We both talked about how we "behaved" ourselves but because of how I planned our food, we could eat like everyone else and no one else was the wiser! I planned, they came, we conquered!

Lastly on that note, one reason this was so important to my ds, besides the fact that he'll be 16 tomorrow, is that 3 of their circle of friends are leaving for college this week and it's the last time they'll be together before the split! Well, one of them came over and said she only got the veggie salad because she knew her mom would be proud of her, but then it was so good, she had more and "so it's all good". Now she wants me to tell her mom how to make the salad so they can have it the first time she comes home from college.

Sorry that was so long, but it was truly a wonderful POP (maybe) day! And even if it wasn't POP, we made healthy choices and I'm really proud of us and so is my DH, otherwise know as my Honey Love, Sugar Babe!

You all are awesome.
You who are coming back - WELCOME BACK!
You who are lurkers - Jump in, it's a safe place to be and there's accountability here!
Thanks for all the It must have worked!!!

Have I mentioned how wonderful you are?!?
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote