Old 08-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #526  
One pound at a time...

Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a really nice weekend. I gave my COD the shock of their lives on Saturday when I went for my WI. I was down 4.2 lbs from Thursday (4.2 lbs in 2 days, I think not). I am actually not buying that weight loss as normally I weigh in at night at not first thing in the morning. I will know better when I go for my WI on Tuesday night. It was a good weekend as I was POP the whole weekend. Weekends are always tough for me. I cleaned out one bedroom in my place as I am getting laminate flooring in a month and I have to clean out all the junk so they can rip up the carpet. With all the recent postings of the Magic Bullet, I may have to put that on my wish list. Happy Monday everyone!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #527  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Pearl - AWESOME Job at resisting and making healthy choices for DS 16th party!!!

Carol - congrats on your loss!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #528  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Bre - WTG on the new job. Congrats!!!

Pearl - You and DH did such an awesome job! We're all proud of you.

Kristi - Your thought about other people's feelings really hit home. I think that's how a lot of us got to where we are - we're always concerned with everyone else before ourself. How wise of you to figure that out!

LJ - Good luck at WI. Be strong!!!! Love the new avatar.

Sherry, Lea Ann, Katie (where are you?), everyone else... Good morning!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #529  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya chickies!! Yes, I've been gone again - not off plan, just not had time to get on the boards - especially with the 'busi'-ness of you chickies!! I'm doing decent - not lost - not gained. I haven't had alot of time to get to the gym either - so that hasn't helped!!! I'm going back today - and then hopefully meet with my trainer on weds......I'm struggling trying to figure out what to do - I really can't afford any more sessions......so I'm tapering off.

Sounds like everyone is getting back on track or preparing too at least.....
I'm going to buckle down again - I need to get down 15 more lbs and I will be happy. Just get it off for good. Quit waiting for the magic weightloss fairy to come and help me !! hahahahaha!!

I hope everyone is doing well. As far as my news - you've probably all forgot - but things didn't work out for the best - so I don't have any. I'm sorry - didn't mean to get your hopes up by any means.

katie - I noticed someone said new job? I couldn't find the post - send me an im? Please do tell.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #530  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!! I just wanted to say "hello" It's moving day here at work, so I'm pretty busy! Have a great POP day everyone!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #531  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi Everyone!

So I went back to COD this morning. My last recorded date there was 5/22. I weighed in at 164, only up 3 pounds in 3 months. I guess I am happy with that considering that I was really not on plan all summer. I have to say I have made the lifestyle change and it has stuck. Even though I was not on plan I make really good choices now and I do not binge anymore.

So I took a picture of myself this morning, this is my "new" before picture. No more hiding behind my kids.

They were really nice to me at COD. They tried to get me to buy 7 more weeks at $7 a week, but I flat out said no. They came back with saying they will give me 7 weeks free but I have to promise to stay on plan and come in on a regular basis. Then they tried to sell me bars and I said I was doing Luna bars and they said that was fine. She even said it was the best bar out there in comparison to their lites. I asked about changing to a plan without bars at all and she said she would rather see me do the Luna bars than nothing because it was a better balanced plan. I am fine with that, I need my sweet fix anyways.

So it turned out way better then I expected, and i am excited and re-energized to be back at this.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #532  
FBD/8-18-08

Luna Bars - DH and I tried a chocolate pecan something Luna and it was awful! Can any of you recommend some better flavors? We like the LA's and the Pria bars. (We've been using them with some of the LA's)
Thanks for your help!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #533  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! Sorry no time for personals, just so much going on getting ready for the big change in jobs tomorrow, and I spent the whole weekend help DH look for a repo truck. We did not find it, but spent over 900 miles looking. Grrrr! The dishonesty of some people! I am still struggling, cheating like a fool. Back POP this morning and ready to be better!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:11 PM   #534  
ON LAWL

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'6''

Hello everyone

What a busy week on here. My hubby and I went on a spare of the moment camping adventure. It was fun, but better to be back to technology. I stayed OP pretty well....but, the state fair starts next weekend and I will be naughty when we go!!!

Pearl, I just made that same salad last night, funny! It is my favorite, and really the only way I can eat tomatoes.

I hope that you all have a great rest of the day.
klkoppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #535  
FBD/8-18-08

Go Katie! - Go Katie! - Go Katie!

You can do it!

I'm so excited about your new job. Can't wait to hear all about your first day!

Kristi - thanks for the suggestion. I love the Pria bars, but if there is something better for dh and I, I'll switch, but it has to taste better than medicine or cardboard!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #536  
FBD/8-18-08

klkoppes - We planted a fantastic yellow tomato that is very mild and I've been told, less acidic. Everyone raved about them in the salad and on their burgers. I sliced both red and yellow and used three different varieties in the salad. I'm with you. It is one of my favorites and soooo simple! I do put a lot of black pepper in it, as my dh loves pepper.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #537  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Well I finally did it girls. I made an appointment to go back into the COD and talk to someone about signing up. I thought I could do it on my own but the truth is I think I need some guidance and those wonderful little journals. I feel a little sick at the idea of putting down all that money but there's an internet special for $4 a week so maybe it won't hurt too much. We'll see. I'm nervous because I want to be strong against the pressures of sales women. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do the bars. They are so expensive but I only really liked one of the Luna bars and I'm kind of tired of them. I might buy one box of LAWL bars a time and switch between the Luna and the LAWL when I get tired of the Luna. I could try to do without too, I don't know.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #538  

Good Morning Ladies and how are you all this mornin'. I am a little frusrated with this purple plan so I am gong to switch to gold as that is where they had me when I quit going to COD. I thought I should start on the purple cause I had gained 5pds since I have been to my COD but the scale wont budge so I am going to try Gold and see what happens. I hope that you all have a great day and stay POP! I will check again later.

Hello RepoGirl it has been so long since I was on glad to see that you are still around.

See you all very soon
Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #539  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
Pearl - the only Luna bar I had that I liked was Nutz Over Chocolate. I, too, hated the Pecan. I didn't try many of the other kinds because once I find one I like that's about all I eat, I don't really need variety.

I like Peppermint Chocolate, and Oatmeal Raisin
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #540  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default It's Me

Hey Y'all...I'm Back.

I thought I could go it alone, but the truth is...I can't. It truly takes a village and BOY have I missed you guys.

I haven't been lurking at all, but I did catch a glimpse of HeatherPPs avatar and GIRL, YOU ARE LOOKIN SO GOOD!!!

Like I said, I've really missed you guys. Guess I'll hang around a bit so I can get back in the swing of things around here. To all the oldies who know me, and to those of you whom I have yet to meet, here's to us...!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote