Old 08-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #661  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hey Y'all, and a big to Debra.

I went to the COD last night and found that I was up 2 lbs from Saturday morning. I am sure it was the time of day, breakfast/no breakfast variance, but it still was not very pleasant to see the higher number on the scale. Ah well, it was motivation for me to finish out yesterday in fashion. So for that I am grateful.

For DSs birthday on Wednesday night we did go to Steak N Shake. I had gone out to their website beforehand and decided that I would order the Chicken Noodle Soup and Chicken Taco Salad, minus cheese and eat only half the shell. Well, I DID IT and I had a glass of water while the 2 DSs devoured their shakes. I didn't have any BLTs (love that phrase) either! Even though I'm apparently up, YAY ME. Maybe it was the sodium - there was quite a bit in that stuff...

Kristi - Glad to hear you're still shrinking!

Sherry - I'm sorry I can't help with the calories.

Pearl - 3 weeks POP is quite an accomplishment!

Rebeca - You look great!

Cassi - WTG on losing! Great advice about knowing the difference between times when indulgence is okay. Throughout life we will have to pick our battles, and at some point we have to learn how. For those of us with a lot to lose, maintenance is a lonnng way off. I don't know, that's just a huge gray area I guess, because as I type this my brain is telling me "Yeah Carm, maintenance is such a long way off for you because you keep finding excuses to indulge." Big old catch 22. Someone on another thread put it perfectly: "Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat." Brilliant I tell you!

Joni - Too funny about ther request for your money back!

Evette - Don't sweat the 2 lbs. It will come off in no time.

Deb - Congrats on the loss!

JulieM - I know what you mean about fitting in the seats at the amusement park. Remember my horror story about Cedar Point last year? What an accomplishment!!!

Katie - We're missing you chick, and I know the folks at your new job are loving you already!

Lea Ann - I really admire your resolve and determination.

Christine - for no booze at school! I totally understand about the diet soda with rum. I feel the SAME EXACT WAY. Weird, hunh?

Beanie and HeatherPP, and All of us chickies - Here's to us !

Last edited by Chklithunder; 08-25-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #662  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Somer - WTG on the loss!

Carmen - WTG on the Steak N Shake!

At WI today I was down .6. Total of 2.6 for the week. The only different thing I did this week was to eat all food, no shakes, per the counselor, and then I REALLY watched the BLTs. Maybe that was what did it? Anyway, today the counselor/asst. manager gave me a form to fill out and bring back... it was an application to be in their advertising campaign! I told her I wasn't even close to my goal, but she said they are looking for people who have lost 40 lbs even if they aren't at goal (today I have lost 38.4). I don't know if they'll use me because I'm not at goal, but it was great to get noticed anyway.

You guys are quiet today. Hope everyone is busy and not just lurking because they are going through a difficult time... IF YOU ARE, I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!!! Come out and play!

Hope everyone has a POP weekend!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #663  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Hey gang! I had WI today, and was down 2 pounds from Tuesday, but still .6 up from last Friday. That was ok, because I know being sick is what did it, and then she measured me..... 11 1/2 inches in 4 weeks!

I almost cried! I know it's not much since they measure you in 4 areas, but really it was.... I mean almost 3 inches per area give or take! So I am feeling really happy about deciding to do this.

I remember something I wanted to rant about when ya'll were talking about the guy at the gym told ljackson she was only losing muscle.... BS! And BS to the 2 doctors who ran the seminar for weight loss surgery her in Pensacola, FL...... They said 98% of people who lose weight by any means other than surgery will gain it back.

Girls, these people are only out to make a buck! They don't care about us at all! They want us to feel so bad about ourselves that we think their way is the only way.

Not True. We are all doing this and I firmly believe that the care and support we have for each other is 95% of our success.

So Cheers to all of ya'll beautiful, strong, magnificent women!

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #664  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

WTG Jenni! It's amazing how those inches add up. I'm glad you're feeling better. Have a POP weekend.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #665  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hey Cassi - You did not "lose" .6 lbs - I can tell you exactly where it went...to me (thank you my dear chickie friend!!). Yup, up .6 today, but that's okay. Fortunately, I had the really good gal today and she didn't scold me for my veal marsala, just reminded me to get back on track. She tallied up my lbs lost to date and I'm only averaging about 1.5 a week, which is low since they want you at 2 lbs a week. So next week, if things aren't moving, she's going to adjust my plan. I'm working out a tad bit more, and she may actually add food...not sure yet. I'm not too upset about the gain. I have a big social weekend planned and it was probably a gentle warning that I need to be as good as I can be since Big Brother (the COD) will be watching me close next week. I think that will work.

Carmen - I love the quote "Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat."

Kristi - how do you know the Schwan stuff is on program? -- a neighbor gets stuff delivered from them all the time and I'm sort of jealous. I've actually never had any of there food. Pizza sure sounds good right now!

Debra - A real simple formula I read once said 10 cals for each pound you weigh to maintain your weight, which for me would be 1600. (The i-am-fat site says I need 1800 to maintain.) Now that I look at the formula below, my slow weight loss is actually on target (I know we don't count calories on LAWL, but this seems to help me understand things better)....One pound of body weight is equivalent to 3500 calories. So in order to lose one pound of weight, we need to create a calorie-deficit of 3500 calories. We can do this by increasing our calorie expenditure, by reducing our calorie intake, or (best) by a combination of both. Example Suppose you need 2000 calories a day, in order to maintain your present weight. To lose one pound a week, you need to cut your daily calorie intake to 1500 calories. Over 7 days, this adds up to 3500 calories. The same result can be achieved by increasing your exercise by 200 calories/day, and reducing your calorie-intake by 300 calories/day. That said, a combination of calorie-reduction and increased exercise makes weight loss easier to sustain.

Pearl - your cheat doesn't sound too off kilter. The CODs sing the praises of the soy benefits from the bars so that may have been the only thing you were missing (can't remember if there is soy in rice cakes??). Does Digger get to go on vacation too? If not, I'll watch him for you. :-).

TGIF - I'm outta here! Here's to the weekend.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #666  
brendasue

S/C/G: 214/207/165

Hello I been doing LA since April and have lose 18lbs and happy with it. but right now I just want to eat. I went to the center today and gain 1.8lbs. this is the frist time I had a big gain. Can you give me something to help me out this weekend. can someone tell me the calories in the shakes they sell at the center and I want to see if I can do the ultra slim fast shakes if the caloreies and fat is not to high thank you brenda
brendasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #667  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--I like the Slim in 6 series too--haven't done it in ages but I remember that I could tell it in my arms pretty quick. I'll have to dig it out and look at it. I have to question the calories needed--I hate that I can't find anything consistent but if I need 1600 to maintain my current weight then i would need to only consume 1100 to lose a pound a week (hahahaha haven't doen that in ages!). I know my body and if I drop below 1200-1300 I will stall-- I haven't found anything that recommends ever going below 1200 for women. On the self.com, with my exercise it says I need 2422 to MAINTAIN--geez--I would be as big as a house if I ate that much! No wonder I am always so confused.

Hi to everyone--I am pooped out today! It's hot and humid and I feel uck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #668  
FBD/8-18-08

Carmen - Thanks! I couldn't have done it without all of you!
Joni - We've got two inside "babies", a german shepherd mix, Rex and Digger. Well for vacation, a neighbor will take care of Rex and the other two outside babies in the 30X30 kennel. BUT Digger, well, I've been praying for weeks because I can't take him with me (OH MY GOSH!) and we didn't have anyone we trusted to keep him. He's crate trained, so it shouldn't be a problem, but you have to walk him on a leash unless your yard is fenced. Well anyway, at the birthday party this weekend, one of our friends offered to keep him for us! WOO HOO! Vacation, here we come!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #669  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi Guys- after being near POP all week, I am having trouble today. Work was very stressful, and I came home and had some ice cream- low fat/calorie, but still, it was not on my plan for today. I am skipping my afternoon lite and counting it as a starch- I am not so worried about gaining as I am about my willpower being weak. It is just so hard for me to stick to plan on the weekends. The weekends are for kicking back and relaxing, it is so hard to stay in that strong, in control mood I am during the week.

Well, here is to no more screw ups this weekend, Have as good day everybody.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #670  
FBD/8-18-08

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljackson View Post
The weekends are for kicking back and relaxing, it is so hard to stay in that strong, in control mood I am during the week.
Well, here is to no more screw ups this weekend
I was just reading an article in Woman's Day Mag - "kapow! diet fixers that fight fat". It has 32 ways to "make it work". The very first one is "I like to treat myself on the weekends. Most weekends feel like mini vacations. No alarm clock, rush hour traffic or overbooked day planner. But if your carefree attitude results in careless eating, the scale will show it. Most people deviate a little from their meal plans on the weekends, and that's OK - as long as you don't go overboard," sys Milton Stokes, R.D., a New York City based spokesman for the American Dietetic Association.

KAPOW! Allow one splurge a day on Saturdays and Sundays
Starting this weekend, ditch your "anything goes" philosophy and choose just ONE indulgenc each day, such as pancakes for breakfast of a fancy restaurant dessert. "It's not practical to totally deprive yourself - you just have to compromise," Says Stokes. In other words, pizza this weekend, french fries the next.

TIP: If you find your motivation waning by Saturday afternoon, think of your diet as a budget: If you charged an extra $500 to your credit card every Saturday and Sunday, you'd be $52,000 in debt by the end of the year. the same number of calories adds up to almost 15 pounds."

I can't really say I agree with "planning" a cheat, because for me, it tells me it's okay to go off plan and FOR ME, one leads to two etc. I know there are several plans out there that promote a "cheat day" where you eat moderately, but what you want.

I just thought it was interesting that I was reading that and then your post. Hope you aren't offended! I just wanted to share.

Lastly, you look MAHvelous DAHling! Keep on keeping on!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #671  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Thanks Pearl- I don't think a cheat day would be good for me either, it is too hard to get back in control once I let myself do it. I guess it is good that it was today that I slipped up, I don't WI umtil Monday and I have the rest of the weekend to get back on track.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:06 AM   #672  
FBD/8-18-08

Good Morning Ladies! I've had a full day (Friday) and it's now Saturday and I'm almost in bed! Made and canned 12 pints of tomato sauce today. It smelled ... awful! Didn't put any herbs or spices in it. Just Lite salt, pepper and splenda, so it smelled like boiling tomatoes! YUK! But it will be wonderful in chili, soup, or pasta sauce with some "tweeking". Keyed around 90 pages today as well and I'm tired!
Just wanted to remind you all to stay POP as much as possible, it's the start of a weekend not the start of a WEAK END!!!
Hang in there, YOU CAN DO IT!
Good night!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #673  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I read a little on the "plan to cheat" thing. That's some dangerous territory right there. But I have to agree with it in perspective. For example, next saturday I have a wedding and reception to go to. I have absolutely no control over what kind of food is going to be served there and I'm not going to go to the reception and pass on eating anything because it's "not on plan". I don't want to eat at home before I go, or wait until I come home to eat. I want to eat with everyone else. So I'm going to be planning to cheat on saturday. I am not going to have wedding cake, this I've already disallowed. I am going to have a glass of wine or two, but I'll hold off my fruits and use them on that. I'll make good choices, but I'll make the choices from my options at the wedding. Whatever I have for breakfast and lunch that day will be on the light side, light choices all around. The reason that I'm planning to cheat is because I can manage out of it all without doing too much damage, and come sunday or monday I won't be beating myself up and berating myself if there's a gain.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #674  
PurpleSunshine

Hi chickies!!! I haven't been posting strictly b/c I've been sooo busy - I've read some, but don't really remember enough to do personals!!! I'm doing pretty good - the scale was down yesterday morning by like 1.5 - but who knows? A neighbor invited a few of us girlfriends down to have some wine spritzers and some app's. Well, the wine spritzers were really good - it is half wine and then we used diet sprite as he spritzer part - really good - I used those as my last fruit for the day. The apps turned into dinner for me - it was homemade bruschetta with little grain oval bread, fresh mozz, slice of tomato(real & fresh) basil leaf and some olive oil. I'm thinking it wasn't toooooo awful bad except for the abundance of mozzerella - so I basically just had some extra starch and I will just try to count the abundance of cheese as protein - hehehehe - I didn't weigh this morning , I will just be very good today and tomorrow and weigh on monday morning. Of course, I'm with kristi - TOM is headed this way, so monday probably wouldn't prove to be a good scale day for me anyway!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend!! Here's POP : for all of us!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #675  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Heather- I've actually never heard of wine spritzers, or maybe I have and just never bothered to ask. What are they? Also it sounds like if anything you had fun. I love bruschetta. Mmm. It sounded awesome.

I'm down 2.4 total since monday. I think my COD was disappointed that FF didn't do much for me but I tried to tell her that I'd been doing LAWL for two months prior, I was just doing it officially now but it seemed to glass over her. Oh well. I forgot how much I liked the LAWL bars. I've got peanut butter and a caramel crunch which tastes like a whatchamacalit candy bar. They might be more expensive but they are tastier than the Luna bars I think. I also bought the cook book and last night I made Orange Chicken and carrots out of it. I didn't really like it but my boyfriend ate it all up. I thought it was too orangy. I guess I was thinking like chinese restaurant orange chickeny but I should have known better. The beef dijon that's in the cookbook is *awesome* though.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote