Old 08-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #646  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

Sherry - Thanks for the breakfast tips, I hadn't even thought of those choices. Too bad you have to leave the walnuts off though, I loooveee them!
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #647  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sherry – Come on, girl, you KNOW you can do this. Maybe Lea Ann will lend you motivation when it gets to her from Heather.

Debra – Welcome

Butterfli – Some breakfast suggestions: You can stop at a local grocery store or even the 7-11 for some yogurt and fruit. You can bring or buy plain oatmeal and put the fruit in it, or even some dried fruit like apricots or raisins and cinnamon, or, if you do go out, do not go to a place with a buffet. You can order an egg white or egg beater omelet with veggies, but just ask them to prepare it without butter. A lot of places have Pam spray. And maybe order first, before DH, and maybe – even better – don’t even look at the menu. (Can you tell I’ve fallen a few times myself? LOL)

Good luck and have a great time!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #648  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Christine - I can get a compliment by mentioning that I was either flirted with, or checked out or something like that. When I mention that another man has noticed, it's amazing how many nice things DF comes up with to tell me how hot I look! I don't have to resort to this tactic because he tells me everyday, but I do share with him if I get checked out because it's something that made me feel good.

About the issue with the guy at the gym - There is no way you have "lost muscle" I mean unless you used to do strength training and quit, but really, I mean I don't know how much you weigh right now, but I am hauling around 90 POUNDS of extra weight every day.... can anyone tell me that isn't a workout? If so, try carrying about 4 twenty pound bags of dog food and see if it doesn't make you feel a little winded! That guy is a dumb-@$$ and a shmuck. Let's go get Donald Trump to tell him what's what!

Everyone else - It's family night here so I can't do more personals, but everyone hang in there and try to stay POP.

I could use a little motivation myself. My home scale still has me the same weight as over a week ago. And I've been POP 3 whole days now., AND I started doing the slim-down instead of breakfast, so POOEY!

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #649  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

I have been moving furniture and shampooing carpets all day. Does that count as my daily exercise? It better, because it's gonna have to do. I have to start thinking about dinner here. I have been so busy I haven't gotten anything started. When DH is out of town I hate to cook for just me and I don't have any frozen dinners right now. I guess maybe I'll go rustle up a shrimp salad or something.

Jenni- have you tried counting your calories and making sure you are getting enough, or maybe too much?

Sherry- what fruit or veggie even comes close to the calorie count in the lites???? I don't think she knows what she is talking about...

Christine- Sorry that your DH is being a bugger in the compliment department. I think that a lot of people you are around all the time don't notice the loss for a while. I had dropped 50 lbs. before anybody said anything about it to me. My DH will do anything if I just promise him more lovin ....He's a man what can I say?????
I am gonna gush on him though. He has been traveling an awful lot lately and he ran into my BFF who lives 5 hours away and I haven't seen her for about 9 months. I hadn't told her about my weight loss cuz I wanted to surprise her. Well, he lets the cat out of the bag and tells her. I talked to her the other day and she says that I should have heard what DH said about me, he kept going on about how much i've lost and how sexy and hot I am. AAWWWWW, he tells me that all the time, but it's nice to hear that he gushes about me to other people. Ok he definitely got some extra lovin for that!!!

Debra- Welcome to our little world!!!

Katie- Were you still looking for some belly dancing DVD's?

Well, off in search of some food. Have a great evening all!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #650  
Mom of 3 little boys

Pearl, that smile radiating out of your computer was a bit forced. I had DH take the pic the morning that I had to take an examination that required a picture on my entrance ticket. I was pretty concerned about the exam, so there's a bit of panic in me. Funny, though, when I checked out my friends' tickets, almost everyone was wearing the same clothes in their picture that they had on that day. I guess we all waited until the last minute to do the picture. But thanks for noticing. It's the first picture in 7 years that I don't cringe over!

Jenni, great idea about telling DH someone *else* noticed me. I haven't told him that I got carded buying a bottle of wine the other day. I'm 38, so it was a great compliment (and it came from a young cute male cashier, too). Maybe one of my old-as-dirt professors will check me out.

Deb, DH is very complimentary toward me at his work (like yours sharing that you've lost weight). On the very rare occasion that I visit him there, all the ladies he works with tell me how proud he is that I'm staying home with the monsters and going to school and doing Reserves at the same time. They also all ask me how much more weight I've lost, too, so I know he's mentioned it. I am happy that he talks nice about me, unlike many husbands I've known over the years. At least I'm not the old lady or the ball and chain. After reflecting on what a great guy DH is, I've decided that I'll stop feeling sorry for myself because he doesn't spend all his time flattering me. Maybe.

POP two days in a row, so far. No booze at school tonight. *Keeps fingers crossed*

You chickies are all a great inspiration to my!!!

Oh, just to share - apparently my two-year-old has picked up on my obsession with the scale. He knows which button to push, and he waits until he hears the beep that tells him to get on. The little bugger is 32 pounds. And he's weighed approximately the same all five times he's weighed himself today!

Last edited by ChristineS; 08-24-2006 at 07:37 PM.
ChristineS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:58 PM   #651  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Hi all--you've been busy! Glad to hear some are losing!! Today the Social Committe I joined deliverd cookies and soda to everyone--I wasn't great--guess I try to balance the sugar cookie with the diet coke--how fair is that?? Anyway--I love being the deliverer of good food--I was everyone's favorite person today--LOL.

Christine--can you tell I love the Power90?? Yep--it's the one you looked at. I've had it for years, but just like starting LAWL it took me a long while to be "ready" for it. I think today was day 38--woohoo. During the initial 90 days you alternate the cardio and strength routines everyday, 6 days a week with 1 day off (that's sunday for me), then after the full 90 days you are supposed to be able to cut back to 3 days a week--we'll see. I certainly don't look like the gals on the website--geez. Yes--I HAVE to do it early because I refuse to get ready twice. I still weigh too much but this week has been good a work--compliment wise--It's not often I am speechless but today one the office gals just asked point blank why I was trying to lose weight and I was like, uh.... because I am too big--how else do you answer that one?? and I'll praise DH because he is always great--but he was great at my biggest, too--anything for a freebie!

Lisa--I agree about the "fine line" on Gold--they moved me to Blue when I got serious about the exercise, I am still in the 1350-1400 range. I have my annual well woman next month and I want her opinion on it all. I like my COD for the most part but I have to remind myself that a white labcoat doesn't make them doctors.

HELLO ____________________!!--that's my personal hello to each and every one of you--you know I miss you dearly--what was I thinking getting a silly job that takes me away from all of you?!?
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #652  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Cassi - your Swiss Chicken recipe sounds great (see recipe thread if others are interested). I'll have to give that a try.
Went out today and was treated to a delicious lunch by a dear family friend. Pre lunch I popped 2 carb cravers and hope they do some good! I ate veal marsala that was to die for, 1 roll and lots of salad (without the dressing). While I wasn't POP, I could have made a lot worse choices. I rarely go out to eat so the thought of having another salad with grilled chicken was out of the question. I'll hit the treadmill first thing in the AM and see what good that does. Hope the scale isn't too evil at weigh in tomorrow. And even if it is, this was the best meal I've had in a long time.

Last edited by Joni135; 08-25-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #653  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

LeeAnn - how does Slim in 6 compare to Power 90 (exercise videos for those who are wondering??) - just curious? I'm almost tempted to take advantage of their Money Back guarantee? I can see me now saying I want my money back - I did the program, but the results I wanted -- to be a size 2 -- did not happen. haha

Reshape your body in 6 weeks—or your money back! If you don't get the results you want, simply return Slim in 6 within 6 weeks for a full refund of the purchase price, less s&h—no questions asked. But keep your FREE 6-Day Express Diet Plan as our gift just for trying!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #654  

Joni - The swiss chicken was DELICIOUS when DH made it earlier this week. Very quick and easy too! Good luck at WI... the veal marsala sounds heavenly. But, like you said, you could have done a lot worse. We had a cookout last week, and while I wasn't perfect, I told DH that I did 90% better than I would have six months ago. Life isn't going to stop because you are OP, and sometimes you need to enjoy. I've figured out the difference is knowing when it's an occasion that merits a little indulgence, or just another event. We used to go out to dinner all the time, and that was my excuse to get whatever I wanted. Now, I realize that I can stay OP when we go out, but those special occasions, like our anniversary, merit a special restaurant and indulgence. Bottom line, if I splurge, it isn't going to be at Applebees, but somewhere nice.

Don't forget your lemon water! Have a great day.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #655  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys! I finally got the chance to jump on and read. Sounds like you are all doing pretty good. I am loving the job, but the hours are killing me. I never leave on time, there is just so much to do. The owner will be gone soon, and I will be able to get on at work. I have missed you guys like crazy this week! Have a great, POP Friday everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:27 AM   #656  

Katie - We all miss you here. Can't wait 'til things settle down and you can come out and play with us. The board's just not the same without you!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #657  
FBD/8-18-08

Top of the morning to ya'll!
We just finished our 3rd week POP (so far) although I think I had a small cheat last night. Instead of an LA Lite or Pria, I had a rice cake with a tsp of RF peanut butter. It was SOOOO good! It was the first time I'd had PB in a long time and really like the RF kind! So even if it was a little off plan, it was a treat and a much better choice than the birthday cake that is still hanging around here!
Sending in the estimates on my van to the UHAUL insurance co. today. Believing not to have any problems collecting from them, you know the red tape you have to go through! Anyway, the estimates (2) were both over $1000. I had no idea!
Got a lot of keying to do today and I'm getting my teenagers to work on tomatoes for me so I can make more sauce today. Busy, busy, busy... I feel like this week has just blown by! Maybe that's a good thing cause we've waited a LONG time for vacation and we're counting down the days now! (23)

You all are awesome and you're doing so well! Go Team Go!
Blessings to all and have a wonderful POP weekend!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #658  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Ok, I'm feeling a little stupid right now -- but can somebody please help me with how many calories I "should" be getting in to lose weight?

Debra -

Not much to report over here. I am starting fresh today, and although it's only 10:45 a.m., I'm doing alright!!

Here's to a great POP day to everyone!

to all those who have WI today!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #659  

Sherry - You can go to fitday.com and put in your info. Under "activity" it will tell you how much you are burning per day just existing. Take off 1000 calories per day to get LAWL 2lb/week. Or... go to am-i-fat.com and scroll to the bottom for calorie requirements. But fitday gave me higher calories, so I like theirs better!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #660  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

So far so good for going to the center. It's kind of a drive which I hate, but otherwise good. I got my bars today and I forgot how much I like them. I've dropped 2.4 lbs since monday. So that's exciting.

I don't have time to do personals or even read back stuff. I'll catch up tomorrow. Be good everyone!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote