Old 04-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #496  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
hmmm....they never told me about that...swapping one selection out for another...how does that work? is there a list or something??
You can trade a fruit for a starch, and I can't remember the other one. I will have to find my info and get back to you on that one. I have it at home.

I began maintenance in July last year and they were still using the information from the OLD LAWL plan. Some of the ladies on here know about the old plan. Trust me, if you have only been on the "Free to Live" program, you would have hated the OLD plan. I started the "Free to Live" program in March of last year, I think, and I really believe that it slowed down my weight loss. I lost almost all of my weight on the OLD plan. The OLD plan is extremely limited, the portion sizes were smaller, and there were not as many choices.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #497  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Wow....so many of us are having issues, its both encouraging and discouraging at the same time.... Perserverence IS key and I know we can all hang in, but there are a lot of discouraging moments for a lot of us right now (unless youre Angelica- LOL!) . It helps me to know its not just me cos COD thinks I am a freak I went to WI today, one week on Blue and UP ANOTHER POUND, for a grand total of 137 now....Im also in ticker denial.

I asked them today if they are SURE I should be on Blue, they said YES and proceeded to sratch their heads like I am the rarest case EVER. I call it LA Weight Gain now, this is freakin ridiculous...OH, and the measurements were a total FLUKE!!! According to her measurements, I am the same, which is totally normal for only re committing to exercise for the last 2 weeks- this is totally ok, but I had some false hopes a few days ago...I guess I dont measure in the same place as her- WAH!

BUT, on the upside, at this added weight, the measurements have NOT GONE UP, so, YAY....I must have been having a skinny day that day cos I am not wearing 2's in public, UH...NO. Definitely no. I am still happy with where I am but dont want this trend to keep on...My alarm goes off early every morning and I WILL keep OP and jeep working out, I really like BL, its fun and this will have to turn around FOR ALL OF US!!!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #498  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by space99s1
Good morning!

I was pleasantly surprised at weigh in today. I was down 2.8 lbs since Tuesday or 3.8 lbs for the week (since last Friday)!!! That's 17 pounds in 5 weeks. Needless to say, I'm very happy!

I say pleasantly surprised because my home digital scale really didn't reflect it. My scale does the body fat percent thing (which, actually dropped .4% this week) but the weight fluctuates badly from one part of the floor to the next. I mean, I've seen a difference by as much as FIVE pounds!! It is a scale with the Weight Watchers brand stamped on it..I think I got it at Homegoods about 2 years ago.

I like the scale at the COD. It is a Tanita (sp?) and I bet it is self leveling. It has a large platform, though not quite as large as the scale on Celebrity Fit Club (lol..you know the HUGE platform that lights up when the fit clubbers step on it...lol) But, I have a feeling the Tanita is expensive. Anyone have any recommendations for a good scale that isn't so fickle as mine?
I have a Tanita at home, I think I paid $60 for it at Bed Bath and Beyond. Its a good scale, even though its not nice to me...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #499  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalChic

Not to mention, the starch portion sizes are larger. Example: an entire diet bun is one starch!
That blows my mind...how are you NOT supposed to gain with the larger portions? When I saw that in my book I was like, WHAT?! A WHOLE english muffin???
Old 04-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #500  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Actually I use the old plan info -- (that's what I have from 5 years ago) but a friend from here( ) sent me an updated version of the plan a few months ago -- and I pretty much use some of the "newer" choices as a treat for myself when I get bored of the same old thing -- I use it sorta as a cheat LOL (Now if I could just keep myself ON PLAN I could drop this weight ! )
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #501  

Denise- I have always been crazy about kids, and so is DH. We have 2 golddaughters and many neighbors and friends that drop their kids overnight! Nick is the type of guy who changes diapers and showers them! But right now he is a baby himself, and i just dont have time! Going to school full time and also working 40-60hrs weekly (not counting gym, housework and stuff like that) i just dont have time for kids! We have been married for 2 years and there are lots of things we want to accomplish before children come our way! We just borrow other people's kids for now! lol If God blesses us to send us one without further planning that would be one thing, but we are not plannign on it ourselves!

Sznn- I am from Belo Horizonte! I cant believe that you spelled it with an S! Now you are considered a Brazilian at heart (we refuse to spell it with a Z)... Canival hun??? lol I bet you had the time of your life! I cant wait until my husband goes and sees it for himself! You are right, we are very fun people who all we worry about is when is the next party! (maybe that is why brazil is a third world coutry...thats jsut what happens when you have more holidays then workdays lololol)!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #502  

Rebeca: As far as the supplements for regularity - I have purchased them and I saw no improvement. I also have constant constipation - and the more I think about it and hear the commercials, I believe that it may be IBS (like Repro). The only time I didn't have a problem is when I smoked, all I'd need was a cigarette and a cup of coffee in the morning. Stopped smoking in 2000 - and I can go a week without a BM, and that would seem normal to me, while DH has 3 or 4 a day and thinks he's stopped up. Oh, to be so lucky. I have been drinking the herbal teas with Sinna Leaves, and that's the only thing that has worked (although it's not always consistent). I'm hoping it's better for me than taking laxatives - which I haven't started but they were suggested to me from a dr years ago. Now that they know about IBS, I'll ask next time I go for a checkup. Also, when I increase the fiber it seems to get worst. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Repro: Do you take anything for IBS? If so what, and does it work? Do you feel better?

Stiesta, how did you could the Morning Star Breakfast Sausuage? As a full protien? I'm going to have to get my book out and check.

Barbara and Deets: I talk (type) to Star and TextJewel, both are doing fine. I think they do lurk at times, but this board is so busy - it's really hard to keep up anymore. I'm not complaining, it's just seems to hard to keep in touch, work and workout. I'd rather be outside than at a computer as I do this for a living. LOL!

Dawn: Please keep us updated on your experiment (going without the LA Lites).

Very strange happenings with MARBEAR? Anyone ask Aphil is she knows what happened?

Weekends are hard for me, so I'm wishing you and myself, plenty of to last the entire weekend!

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #503  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Rebeca - I didn't make it as far south as Belo Horizonte.
I traveled along the Amazon from Colombia to Belem - then down to Olinda for Carnival.
What a great party it was!....crazy - I would like to go back one day.
Went as far south as Salvador and ran out of $$
Oh well some day I will see the rest of the country.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:37 AM   #504  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sy- I used to take Zelnorm, and it helped a ton. If you go to their website, they have a checklist for IBS. I looked at it and realized I must have it, so I went to the Dr., who confirmed it. I don't do the zelnorm anymore because I don't have insurance and I just cannot afford it. I would reccomend it to anyone who is having trouble.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:43 AM   #505  

sznn- Running out of cash is definally a problem! Cant believe you made it to Bahia Salvador! What a great experience!!! Dont worry belo horizonte is a huge city but is not very touristical! Bahia e Belem is much more fun!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #506  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Aggie- EMIL, evil mother-in-law?

Karen, I get 8 oz milk or yogurt OR 2 oz lf cheese for my dairy. I really wish I could do that "milk your diet" thing. I could throw back 3 glasses a day without even blinking.

I'm keeping my friend's 2 boys and mine today. Three boys under 2.5! Start the prayers!

DH is taking me out tonight. He's been acting weird...in a good way. I got goosed in the middle of the night for NO reason...woke up from sleeping to do it, no less, then fell right back asleep. Bizarre....
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #507  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You know what Dairy, my DH has been funny lately too. Buying me gifts, babysitting more so that I can get out of here, fixing my hot tub (yahoo!). Maybe it is spring, maybe it is our newfound hotness, I don't really know. I actually was thinking that I really need to do a little more for him. Have a great time with DH tonight, you totally deserve some R&R. Have fun with all of those kids, too!

Where have all the Heathers gone?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #508  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Angie, Sherry, BoosMom, Rebeca, Christie, Suzanne, Denise, Sznn, thank you all for your sweet comments. It’s nice to wake up and read what you all put especially because I’ve been so hard on myself for making poor choices and gaining weight. I’m not 50 yet though I will be in Oct and maybe that is when all the wrinkles will come at once, sure hope not Also I’m not a natural blonde actually I’m full grey and have been seeing grey since I was 17. I went from coloring my hair from an auburn color to the blonde because of the grey strip I’d have down the center of my hair in about 2 weeks. I’m getting ready to go meet the center I felt a little better today the scale was down some. I want to get some feed back from them. I plan to do personals later today after I make a taco salad for my DD med class’s potluck and also re-color her hair.

Deets I wanted to thank you for your post as there are so many us who are struggling right now it helped. Sorry the scale seems to still be going backwards for you, but happy to hear the inches haven’t increased.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #509  

Sy, the morningstar sausage patties are a full protein, just look in your book under the vegetarian proteins. I'm not a vegetarian, but anything to break up the rhythm! I get bored with the same old stuff.

Sznn -- TO loss is holding steady for me. Haven't lost any since, but I haven't gained so I consider that a success. Sorry you're feeling so hungry...

Deets - sorry about the scale at the COD...hang in there chickie...we'd all give our right arms to be where you are (no comfort to you, I'm sure!) You will beat this and then be there to help us when we get there!

I'm headed out -- more later!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #510  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Just tried a new bar - the detour bar. It is whey protein instead of soy, I was getting tried of the afternoon bloat/gas attack from the soy.

The flavour was pretty good...except for the aftertaste from the sucralose - YUCK!!!!
Do you think I will get used to it?? Because unfortunately I bought a whole box from Costco.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote