Old 04-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #616  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Oh and as for me, yesterday I woke up and the scale was down 2.4 pounds....I didnt even get excited cos its right back up again today. NO WAY was 7 THOUSAND calories ingested yesterday to equal 2 POUNDS...I was up from 8am till 2am and running constantly, um...I dont think so!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #617  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Milca!

I wish I could do the TO but I am allergic to the juice. It makes the inside of my mouth itch and swell up and I break out in hives around my mouth and chin. Not a pretty sight.

It is the melons that give me an allergic reaction right away. I saw the TO with just oranges but if I have too many oranges, that might do the same thing to me.

Hang in there...That TO seems to work very well with a lot of people and you'll be happy you did it!
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #618  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica1674
I will be doing TO the 17th and 18th whoever would like to join me(Please!! I need a partner in pain).I arranged my 6 week challenge so TO would be the 2 days after Easter lol. I know I will have a ton to catch up on when I get back!!! You all are a chatty bunch of chicks!!

Happy Easter to all!!!
I AM THE LAST person on earth who should be questioning you since you are the most amazing weight loss acheivement I have seen in a LONG time, but why TO again? You are doing SO well! Do you think too much TO affects your regular metabolism or could eventually (since nothing seems t be affecting you, LOL!!)? I think youre going to be lighter than me in about three weeks, Im scared of you!!! Just kidding (humor, people ) but just wondering if you ordinarily do TO a lot....
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #619  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Space:
Thanks girl for the support! Wow space, did the COD gave you something different, instead of the juice or the melons or the oranges, just curious...

Deets:
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #620  

No, Milca, they just put me immediately on the program.

I really shouldn't complain about it because I have done well but still, it would be nice to have other options.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #621  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
I AM THE LAST person on earth who should be questioning you since you are the most amazing weight loss acheivement I have seen in a LONG time, but why TO again? You are doing SO well! Do you think too much TO affects your regular metabolism or could eventually (since nothing seems t be affecting you, LOL!!)? I think youre going to be lighter than me in about three weeks, Im scared of you!!! Just kidding (humor, people ) but just wondering if you ordinarily do TO a lot....
I nomally dont do TO this much but I am doing that 6 week challenge and you do TO 3x during that. The 2 days after easter is my 2nd time doing it since starting this challenge. If I do TO once every 2-3 weeks(not during the challenge) it seems to work for me. I only even do it then if I havent been POP or I have a big cheat.

Girl, you are the Queen of tiny(size 2/4)!!!If I could only be that little!!! I wish.Dr. says I will never be that little cause my frame is too big.He tells me if I get below 150(I think I would like to get to 140 just cause LAWL has my "ideal" weight at 139) I will be too thin for my height and build.I am so envious of you!!

The 6 week challenge is great. I like to use the shakes cause they are convinant(cant think of the spelling) for me.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #622  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Angelica - You are such an inspiration! TO isn't in my vocabulary, but I am so happy the 6-week challenge is working for you. Enjoy your vacation time.

Aggie - Thanks for the info. on Colonix. The reason I liked this program is because the only laxative is the tea your drink at night. The other 2 parts are pills that are to get rid of parasites (the part that really scares me) and fiber. For me, I think the key will be cleaning everything out in order to get things working normally again. I have been taking herbal laxatives from Wal-Mart (senna?) and those don't really seem to be working anymore. On the website they also say that this program should not be followed all of the time - it is short-term, either 2 or 3 months depending on the results. After that they recommend doing it for 1 month each year.

Milca - Happy to hear TO is going OK.

Debbie - Congrats on the great loss and getting to a new low!

Leah - It sounds like you had a lot of fun at dinner last night. It must've felt great to go on a date.

Does anyone know whether the COD helps you add foods back into your program during maintenance? I am not willing to give up chips for the rest of my life and feel like I am cheating when I have them. I definitely don't eat them as much as I used to, but if I want a few I feel that I should be able to work them into the program. I know that I start feeling deprived if there are foods that are considered off-limits. That is the one thing I liked about WW - you could have anything you wanted and still lose weight.

Nothing big planned for today - will spend most of the afternoon watching the NASCAR race. I do laundry during that time, so at least it feels like I am doing something.

Have a great day chickies! I will check back in later.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #623  

Hi Suzanne,

Personally, I think WW flex points would be a good system to maintain weight. I did lose 40 pounds on the program in 9 months but I spent the next 8 or 9 months fighting with the same 10 pounds...over and over again.

The problem, I think, with the WW program as it is now, is that you can eat a tub of ff coolwhip and some graham crackers for the day and still be within "points". I know that a large amount of personal responsibility is placed in making healthy choices but the lack of accountability makes me, as well as many people sloppy after awhile.

Although I also liked the "unlimited" vegetable approach, I think that is more suited to a "maintenance" program than a reducing program. I'm convinced portions have to be restricted and all things in moderation.

In short, I'm sure you will be able to have chips once you reach goal. I am the same with ice cream. I still have the ff, sf ice cream, 1/2 c as a starch but I might do that once a week....whereas, before, I would have a serving equivalent to 3 or 4 every night (and manipulate my "points" accordingly).

Same with the chips. You might be able to have a serving size (those individual little bags), once in awhile but if you have them every day, you might find yourself regaining.

Have you tried the LAWL snacks? The LAWL cheese curls are EXCELLENT!!! I'm not a big chip fan but I do like cheetos (bake AND fried) and could easily down half a bag in one sitting (maybe more...blushing with w/ embarassment)..Now though, the LAWL cheese curls satisfy that craving...
Old 04-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #624  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

can you kinda explain the WW flex point system? I have heard so much of that and dont know what it is.lol thanks
Old 04-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #625  

WW flex points is a system where you are assigned so many "points" that you can eat per day based on your weight range. Every food is assigned points, which is approximately equal to 1 point for every 50 calories. It is also recommended to get a certain number of fruit and vegetable (combined as one category) servings per day as well as 3 dairy servings.

For example, in one weight range, a person can eat 26 "points" per day of food. You look up or figure out the number of points per serving and you track it. There is also a "bank" of 35 extra points that you can use in one week, either spread out of all at once. In addition, for a certain amount of activity, you earn "activity points" which entitles you to eat more points (the number you earn) that day. One earned activity point is about 100 calories of activity....and it is used as one food point.

There are certain foods which are "zero" points, which includes many vegetables.

There is really no restriction on starches, other than the total number of points allowed in one day.

Yeah, you can have a snickers bar on WW flex, every day if you wanted, but it costs you 7 or 8 points. They recommend that you not do that, of course, but there is nothing stopping you from doing so.

They also have a program which is called "core". On core, there is a list of foods which you can have unlimited quantities. The idea behind this is that these foods tend to be filling and self limiting. However, if you are an emotional eater, it doesn't help very much.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #626  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Angelica - With WW, all foods have a points value and you have so many points to eat each day. For instance, 3 oz chicken breast = 3 points. If you can have 24 points/day, you still have 21 points left. The bad thing about the program is that you can use your points on anything you like and don't have to eat a well rounded menu from all of the food groups like LAWL. I was quite successful with the WW program before points - with this program you had to eat so many starches, proteins, etc. That is why I decided LAWL was the way to go - it forces you to eat well-balanced.

If there are specifics you are looking for about the program, let me know. This is just a quick explanation.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #627  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

Thank you! Vey interesting!How much is it at WW? In your opinion's which program would be better to maintain weight?

how do they deciede your points your aloud to eat a day?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #628  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

When I lost my weight previously at WW when I reached my goal nothing changed. If I went to a meeting I did not have to pay as I was a life time member. If you gain then you pay again. At the time it was $11.00 per week. I gained all of my weight back. I like this because it is more controled and restricted. With ww I could eat all the wrong food and there was too much gray area with counting points. Plus you never get to leave the diet and go to maintence in the sense you da at lawl.
Hope this makes sense.
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #629  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Red face Poop tea

Ok gang, talked with my mom, I was wrong about the brand - she used to drink a tea called Dieters Tea - not made by Celestial Seasonings.... [quote my mom] http://www.lacilebeau.com/supertea.htm
that is the tea I used to drink --- the one in the yellow box -- the lemon mint -- it doesn't taste the best in the world, but it seemed to work really good for me
[end quote]

You may be wondering why she stopped - she drank it for years. She was visiting my house one spring about 5 years ago and got REALLY sick. (TMI here - stuff was coming out both ends like a freight train). Anyway, it was some kind of virus, and since then, she hasn't had a problem going. Wierd huh.

Aggie - your baby is gorgeous! I would own another pit in a heartbeat. My city just last year put HEAVY restrictions on them and several other breeds - $250 to register them versus $5 for any other dog, $250,000 bond or dog passes good samaratin test, signs all over your fenced yard that say "BAD DOG" (I kid you not - how ridiculous!) and even in a fenced yard they have to be chained. I would be mean too if I had to stay chained up. My pit's (Cody was his name) favorite toy was a bowling ball on a chain. He would drag it all over the yard. Once he drug it UP a tree. We had a tree with pretty low branches and he used to climb it, like a cat. One day I came home from work and found both him and the ball in the tree. Crazy dog!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #630  
Karen

Hello, all. Life has been hectic. The last time I posted, I had just returned from Boston. The scales showed me up 4 the day I got back and down 4.5 2 days later so it must have been water weight. The next week was 3 days in Atlanta where the food was pre-ordered (not by me) and no substitutions were permitted. I did the best I could with what was there and tried to count it. The next day back (Friday) the scales showed me up 1 lb but on Monday showed me down 6 lbs. Wednesday I was down another 0.8 lbs for a total of 28.4 lbs since 1/24/06. I've been on vacation this week (not traveling) but going to Mom's Thursday-Saturday and then, after church today, a church wide dinner. I had what I wanted, sort of counted most of it and am planning fish tonight. If I'm up 2lbs or less, I will be thrilled because typically this type of weekend would have been 6-10 lb gain.

I have been through a few old posts. I can't remember who posted it but felt LAWL doesn't travel well. Actually, it does but you really have to think about it and you end up with less food if you chose McDonald's. If I ate there (and have) and didn't want a salad, I would choose a cheeseburger. I would only eat the bottom bun and count it as 1P, 1S, 1D, 1 fat. {Or, I would get the QP w/C and say FORGET IT! :-) } My COD feels I shortchange myself food on those times but I'm still losing and eating everything on at home days so they're not complaining YET!

Now, back to the boards to get caught up.
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote