Old 04-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #301  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Good Morning, Chickies!

Katie and Kristi - so sorry to hear about G'ma. We are looking at the same thing, and it is sooooo hard.

Seems like we have a lot of self-sabotage going on here- me included. Wonder if it's similar to the TOM thing! I am seriously considering skipping WI today. I think the s at the COD all went to some training, because they are all now asking what my plan of action is for the rest of the week, and what my goal is for next WI. Hello! My goal for next WI is to be down at least .6 pounds.

Here's to the end of the sabotage, and to remembering that we are doing this for US!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #302  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Kristi and Katie - Sending you positive vibes to stay strong through this difficult time.

Lea Ann - I would like to through my scale out of the window too. Mine keeps moving up although I am POP. It is so frustrating and makes it VERY difficult to stay OP.

Stiesta and Sznn - Congrats on the successful TOs!

Carmen - Sorry you are having such a rough day - hoping things get better for you.

I am in such a foul mode. It is so hard staying POP when I keep seeing the scale move up. I am on Blue with 1 Lite, so I don't think that going back to Gold with 2 Lites will make a difference on how much I am eating. I like the real food better than the bars, but find that 1 helps keep me on track. I am in such a bad mood I went as far as calling in sick today - if DH finds out he will be so mad, but I really didn't feel like being around anyone. It is a sick day - I am mentally sick.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #303  

Bobby18: Boy do I hear you loud and clear, LOL!

Repro: Heard any reports from the Dorito kidnappers?

Shennie: Hope all is well.

Beannie: How are you doing?!

Mystic: Happy Belated Birthday. For our family, April is the biggest month for birthdays. So far I count 8 family members whoes birthdays are in April including mind, and 1 wedding anniversary.

Carmen: Wow, what a horrible night/day you had/are having! I have something, not really a cold - not feeling too bad today, but it started instantly with a horrible sore throat - yesterday was better but it's some type of mild illness (at least so far). Hope your DS is doing better today. Also have your Mom in my prayers.

Hey, I tried that chicken nugget recipe yesterday. It was a nice change, and next time I will make them better. I didn't follow the recipe 'exactly' as I didn't have any buttermilk, so just rolled the bite size pieces in light bread crumbs. I have to say, doing it my was it NOT recommended as they were very dry, but good enough to eat and do better next time. Thanks for whoever posted it, it was a nice chicken switch!

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #304  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Feel better Suzanne!! I can totally relate to how you feel. I was at a plateau for about 8 weeks so I feel your frustration. Just stay OP. It will come off. Remember it is better to lose the weight slowly and keep it off then to have it all fall off at once and risk it all and more coming back!! As for your mental health day, good for you! Maybe take some time today to look over your diary and see if you can see an eating pattern. Or take today to plan some meals for the next week to help you stay POP. Or if you're really feeling up to it go to your COD and talk with them and see if they have any suggestions. Dont worry though things will get better!!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #305  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Thanks all of you it so helps to know that were all there for each other when were doing great or if were doing poorly. I've decided to have a replacement shake today, which I haven't had in a long time and then will have veggies and fruit for lunch and a light dinner and since I have five drinks left I might do that for the rest of the week.

Carmen my DD just got over strep. When you'd look into her throat it was all swollen and red with white spots on the back of her throat. Hopefully your DS doesn't have it.

30lbs congrats on your loss. You keep working hard and you will see the 180's by this weekend

Congrats on everyone else that has had a loss also.

Christie I really like the Kashi cereal so I'm sure the bars taste really good. Are they close the ingreds the lites have?
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #306  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamababa3
Christie I really like the Kashi cereal so I'm sure the bars taste really good. Are they close the ingreds the lites have?
These are not the regular cereal bars, but they are comparable to the lites, in fact, they're even less calories at 150. They're square, not long like a cereal bar. I found mine in the health food section of Stop and Shop, not in the same place as the regular protein bars. They are even better than the cereal....soo good
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #307  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Suzanne--my NASCAR soul sister! Just a quick note (as I am SUPPOSED to be cleaning!) DH just got invited by BIL to the races this weekend--Bush (Busch) and Nextel--he is SOOOOOO excited. The girls and I will hang out with my sis. His company just gave them out so last minute or not we are there.

I will get to personal later--at this rate my house is not getting clean--closer--but not done. Where IS my fairy godmother???
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #308  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Carmen – Uggg Sorry you are having a bad day. It would be hard worried about the ds and dps and being stuck with a crappy day at work. Hope that ds gets better real soon.

Barb – Hang in there! I know that change can effect how we eat. Can you say stress eating. Just remember that you CAN and Have done this and it will settle down and get easier.

Megan – congrats on the weight Loss!! WOOHOO

Katie & Kristi – so sorry about the DG. I know what you are going through. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Maybe milca is plotting her revenge on the dneighbors! LOL

Suzanne – sorry you are in a foul mood. Hope that you feel better soon. Hey we all need to play hookey once in a while.

SY – so good to see you posting again. Im hanging in there how bout you?!

Congrats to all the successful TO people. I am seriously considering doing it tomorrow and Friday.

To all you chicks with the housecleaning bug anyone want to come do a seriously neglected house for about the last 2 months?!!

Hope that everyone has a great day.

Norissa and Star you lurkers come out and play.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:24 PM   #309  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Boos - My hubbin is a serious NASCAR guy. He is a diehard #3 fan. He would love to go to a race someday. Hope you have a good visit with ds and hubbin has a blast. Did you see my request for serious home intervention?! LOL
Old 04-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #310  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Thanks 30. I just spent the last little while comparing what I am eating on LAWL to WW points and found them to be very comparable. Yesterday, I had food which = 25.5 WW points, which would be exactly where I would be on WW. Perhaps that is part of the problem since i never lost well on WW. I am so sad and frustrated - if I am on a plateau already, this is going to be an extremely difficult journey. I don't think I should be plateauing only a couple weeks into the program - and, if it is a plateau, shouldn't I be staying the same and not gaining?

Why is it so easy to say encouraging things to others, but not to yourself? I don't want to be sitting here crying over something so trivial as weight loss, but the tears just started. I don't think I am strong enough emotionally for this - losing weight has got to be the hardest thing I have ever done. I have been successful in all other aspects of my life, but this one. DH so doesn't get it since it is so easy for him to lose weight. I really wish one of you lived here - it would be great to actually go for coffee and talk. I feel so alone in this journey.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #311  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Suzanne - You ARE NOT alone. I feel it safe to say we have all been there done that. I wish it was closer cause it would be nice to have our own little LAWL group meeting everyweek huh? Don't give up. It is hard and actually very hard but I know it will be so worth it! My hubbin doesn't really understand either he thinks just don't eat. Well hello we have to eat.
I know my words are inadequate but Im here for ya!!

Dh story: i went to weigh in last Friday. Hubbin asked how I did I told him that I was .4 from my lowest weight on LAWL he said hmmm you've been pretty good at maintaining for the last 3 months haven't ya?!! JERK! Sad fact is he's right but he could be a little more sensitive.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #312  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Suzanne- Don't give up girl!!! Everybody loses at different rates. The first time I lost a lot of weight, I didn't lose one ounce for the first 2 weeks and then I lost 65 lbs. in the next 5 1/2 months. This time around I lost 20 lbs. pretty quick and am struggling to make it to 30 lbs. What is your COD doing for you?? I would be having a fit with them. If they are not being supportive and trying to find a way to help you start losing, I would go over their heads and call the 800 number. I know it's hard and frustrating and so many times we just want to say screw it, but to be healthier in the end is worth the fight. Everybody needs a support system and you know we are all here for you!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #313  

Suzanne, are you exercising? For me, the scale will not budge an ounce (no matter how little I eat) unless I work out 6 days a week. Hang in there, chickie, don't give up. It's so frustrating though, I am right there with you!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #314  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Suzanne- Sorry you are struggling so much. I know how personal and difficult weight loss is. I was very impatient in the beginning. On cloud nine when I lost, mad as all get out when I didn't. It has taken me months to accept the fact that I will not always lose, and that this is a journey with no final destination, because I know I will have to continue watching what goes into my mouth my whole life, or I will gain the weight back. What you are facing is the emotional part of being overweight. We have all been there, and we will help you all we can.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #315  
PurpleSunshine

Suzanne - I'm so sorry you feel this way - but trust us - we have all been there. I've been hanging on a plateau since March 1 - so I know exactly how you feel. Losing weight has always been hard on me - then you think well let me compare to WW - and you see where in reality - the foods you are eating would fit in that plan as well - I've DONE THE EXACT SAME THING.......I totally understand about advice to yourself vs. others - it is just harder when it is YOU!!! BUT you can do this - hang in there - if you are exercising - this could really be the reason, but overall the results of the clothes and shape is so rewarding. My trainer told me that even if you gain - eventually you will have enough muscle you will just continue to lose lose lose.....hang in there girly - we are here for you!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote