Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #151  

Height: 5'0"

Default Confession

I went way off the wagon Saturday and Sunday - Saturday I worked a 14hr day and just ate what was available (had a chicken ceasar for dinner so I didn't totally blow it). Sunday was a completely different story. I worked for 4hrs and as a reward for working so hard this weekend and working on my normal day off, my boss took me out to my favorite italian restaurant (Carrabba's) where I proceeded to eat just about everything on the menu . Today I am back on track but I hate what I've done because I did TO on Thursday and Friday - just to blow the weight that I lost from TO on Sat and Sun. Now I've got 24days until I get to go to Hawaii and see my hubby. I was hoping to get down to 135 by then but now I'm not sure because I'm not losing at the 2lb per week, I guess I'll start another TO later this week. I know your supposed to wait 14days between TO but I don't have that luxury right now. Ok, back to working out and eating totally OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wp95jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #152  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsgls
Hi gals. I am on day 2 of TO. I started yesterday as I had been stressing about it so decided to just get it started. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. I got through yesterday just fine and today is ok. I weighed in this morning and was down 1.6 pounds from Friday. I don't think I will get the 5 pound loss that my friend said she always got from TO. I will be so anxious to eat tomorrow. I picked up a roasted chicken breast from Harris Teeter this morning so had 3 oz of that for lunch with a cup of raw cabbage. Dinner will be another 3 oz of the chicken and a half cup of cooked green beans. Tomorrow I will be back on my fiber one cereal for breakfast as it keeps me regular. Hate using one of my starches on it, but like what it does.
Hope you are all doing well on TO. Let us know how you are.
Cheryl
Just wanted to say good luck on TO - You're almost there!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #153  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Yipee! I beat that ol' 20 pound mark today, and then some! Only 4.5 pounds to go until I get my new MP3 player. Maybe by next Monday?

I had a very enlightening experience today - I stopped at the mall this last weekend and did some comparison shopping in Vitamin World - looking for a less expensive alternative to LA supplements. They told me to come back on Monday, as they were going to be having a huge sale. So, I went in today and talked to the very helpful manager. He used to be a personal trainer and is now in pre-med. Yes, stress does cause us to gain weight and retain body fat. Stress creates a hormone called cortisol and that creates the ugly ol' belly fat, etc... this guy steered me towards their product called neuro-PS. It contains some of the EFA in LAWL, but it also has some other stuff to improve neuro function and inhibit the creation of cortisol. I'm going to give it a try. This guy said I could come in and talk to them about any questions I might have about my diet, or exercise that the center can't answer. He even offered to come give talks at the center - I had to try really hard to keep from laughing at that - I told him it seemed they were all about the sale and that their little techies in lab coats probably wouldn't be interested. But I will take advantage of the knowledge in that store.

Good luck all you TOers, and congrats on the big losses!

Milca - hurry up and do your deed - I am DYING to know your revenge!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Lori - keep us posted on how the neuro-PS works and how it makes you feel. I would like to get a supplement to help with the boost, but don't want to give LAWL any more of my $$$. Thanks!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #155  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Julia- You can do it!! Break out the lemon water today and keep working hard. You can shed those 5 lbs by the 24th.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #156  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Lori-

Just be careful and do some research. The folks at supplement stores will spew the same pseudoscience that LAWL spews. Yes-cortisol does increase with stress-but it doesn't mean that there are REALLY any products that inhibit it in the body. There's a reason this stuff doesn't go through the FDA.

But, like i usually say, if it works for you, go for it.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #157  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Lori:
Girl, you are bad
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #158  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lori- Great job breaking the 20 lb mark!!! Keep us posted on the supplement, too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #159  
PurpleSunshine

Lori - Congrats on the 20 lb mark!! and what you say about Vitamin World is so true. I went there the day before I went to the gastro doctor and what was so funny - was he explained what most of my problem was and why it was happening. Of course, who knows how many $$ later - CAT Scan & doctor visit - come to find out - he was like 80% right, although it was still good for me to do the scan to make sure nothing serious was wrong.
Those guys that work in those stores or at least the manager's seem to really know about the body - I'm not advertising all their products b/c I agree with Julie Marie about how alot of stuff is just used to make $$ - but they know about the body and use that to help promote selling - guess you can't blame them/
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #160  

Changed my avatar to one with me in it...get a quick look, it will be gone soon!

Last edited by stiesta; 04-03-2006 at 04:33 PM.
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #161  
On stabilization

Oh, I did the research before I bought - like LAWL these places have to make a buck too. The improved neuro functions are still under study (but shows improvement in mid-alzheimers and dementia patients), but the cortisol blocking stuff seems to be pretty significant - the mgr. at the store said to take 4 right before heavy exercise to help promote muscle repair and reduce the cortisol produced by that...(yes, intense exercise causes an increase in cortisol too) or otherwise take 3 a day, any time. This seems to be supported by the research I did. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Heather PP - they did seem pretty knowledgable about their stuff- plus they have lots of drug books that you can look up stuff for free, right there in the store.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #162  
On stabilization

Stiesta - leave it! Cookies and all, you are very pretty (and skinny too!)
Old 04-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #163  

Thanks, Lori, but that one is now gone. I'm such a chicken....congrats on your 20 pound mark, girl -- that is awesome!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #164  

stiesta- why do you have to put that up and make all of rest so envious??? REMIND ME...WHY ARE YOU WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT AGAIN?!!!! lol

you look great chick!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #165  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Heather sad part is I had the chips and salsa also. I love making taco salad a very good choice and hey were allowed chips on CC section. I could understand being a little of how both Christie and I feel. When I have no make up on or not much clothes on then I see myself as I am. Clothes can hide a lot sometimes.

Lori congrats on being down 20lbs that’s great.

Stiesta nice pic, but it’s so small I can’t see you or the cookies I would leave it up. Ok nevermind you took it down already. I like this pic you have up now as I can see you better
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote