Old 04-05-2006, 04:39 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

i have another question, someone posted that we can substitute for the la slimdown shakes which count as a protein and starch with slim fast omega shakes and others...
what about la shakes that count as a bar...is there a substitute for that?
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:44 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

ok, i went on the slim fast website, there arent any omega shakes but there are optima shakes...is it these? or the low carb ones? help!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning everyone!

Mystic - Happy Belated Birthday!

Yoga - sorry about your gram. Hopefully your family will be able to have a few choices as far as nursing homes, and be able to pick the one that you feel would make her the happiest.

Aggie - somewhere, a few posts back I believe, there was comparison with the different slim fast. I believe the final decision was the Slim Fast Optima that was the closest to LA Slim Downs.

Went to WI Tuesday. Down 1.2.

Have a great POP day everyone!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #274  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning chickies - I'm just checking in and saying Good morning - don't have time for alot of personals, but I did want to tell Kristie and katie that I'm very sorry about the grandma and the nursing home. Hopefully she will accept it and not be too upset. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.........

I will be busy most of the day, but I will try to catch up later. To those who posted about the nutrition thing - yes, I agree it is worth it - plus I have wasted money on other crap - why not spend some on my health!!! check you chickies later - here's to a POP day......
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #275  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Aggie--did you find the post with the slimfast comparisons? I think the Low carb is the one because it has 20 g. Protein and so does the LA slimdown. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #276  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Aggie, I still think the Low Carb Slimfast shakes are closer (at least than the plain optima...I didn't see high protein optima at my stores though Deets has found it). Try to find something around 180-190 cals with 20 grams of protein. I know the low carbs have it, and if you have the optima high proteins in your area then deets says those have 20 g. too.

Ok, I have been 171 for 15 days straight. I go weigh this morning before making DH bfast and I was 171 again. After making his food, I went back to sleep for an hour. When I woke up, it dawned on me that that 171 wasn't nekkid weight. I strip down and go to the scale. 167.5...mind you, my scale weighs less the first time every time. I tried again numerous times and got 169!!! I hope this gives me the resolve to stay pop today when I am out and about with DS. I hope th e167.5 is more accurate, but I'll take anything athis point.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #277  
PurpleSunshine

Mystic - Happy Belated Birthday - sounds like you celebrated well!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #278  

Katie and Yoga- I am sooo sorry about grandma, it must have been hard but it is the best thing for her! There she will make friends and have people to take proper care and watch over her every need! She will be glad later! I will keep you and grandma in my prayers!

aggie- hope it is nothign serious! WHen we move to another country our body take a long time to get used to it! The different activities and the way the food is coke has a big say on your body! Ever since i moved from brazil i cannot go to bathroom like a used to (TMI...soorrryy)!

Good morning girls! I was POP last night and worked out for one hour after my speech class! The speech was suppose to be done a week ago and i gotta it done the same day and got an 94 on my presentation! Am i lucky or what? I gotta stop doing these things! Then I got home cleaned up with DH, this morning i went to the aerobics class and sweated for another hour! I had special K cereal then brought to work some green beans and a tuna sandwich. I also brought yogurt and raisins for snacks! Cant wait to see the 170's again!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #279  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Mystic--Happy Belated!

Rebecca--I wish I had your workout motivation.

Katie and Kristi--thoughts and prayers for you & G-ma--I know it's hard but the care (at most) is worth it--just the sense of relief that someone is right there 24/7 if necessary. My G-dad is in one a hated it at first and now he doesn't like to be away for too long (we think he has a "girlfriend") plus his domino buddies, etc. She will acclimate.

Dairy--I hope the scales are kind to you. I am about to throw mine out the window--they are broken and seem to be stuck on the same number!! Every day it gets harder to stay OP when I don't get the pleasure of seeing the scale move.

Aggie--bird flu scares me--take care of yourself!

Today is the day I am forcing myself to CLEAN this house!! I am terrible. But I work the rest of the week and we are having company this weekend so really I have backed myself into a corner. UGH--I hate corners--that's where the dustbunnies hide. Will check in periodically--can't make it without chatting!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:25 AM   #280  
PurpleSunshine

Rebeca - Wow you have alot going on - congrats on getting all that activity in and the speech done!!! You go girl _ i'm sure you will see those 170's soon!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #281  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga_gurl
Julia-I like Yoga for Beginners on the Gaiam website (www.gaiam.com). This is with Patricia Walden who I think is great. There are several other DVD's in the beginner section on the website that are great. The am and pm ones are fantastic. You can probably buy some of them at half.com for cheaper.

We had to tell grandma that she is going to a nursing home tonight. She was so upset. She cried and I felt so bad. She has tried to make us promise for years that we wouldn't, but we have no choice now. It makes me want to work even harder at getting fit and healthy so that I don't end up like that.

Night all,
Kristi
aw, thats sad but you know its best for her and hopefully she will like it there in time.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #282  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Good morning chickies!

Katie~ My prayers or with you and your family through this difficult time with your grandma. about the Doritos people.Come back to us Shennie!!!Soon!

How is everyone this AM?? Hopefully feeling like losers......scale losers that is!lol I am down a pd this AM. Whoohooo. I was sooooooooooooo tempted to eat a brownie I made for the kids last night.I had a crumb,lol, then pulled myself away and went to my purse and shoved gum in my mouth.I must say gum is a life saver.It nice here today,sunny and going to be 70.

I have been using the high protein slimfast shakes but I am not a fan of the flavor except for the coffee.Well, I will say this,since I havent had a slimdown from LAWL in awhile the slimfast shakes taste better.I think its because I like the slimdowns better.Does anyone know if the low carb ones taste different?

Wee,I will be back later ya'll I must go watch American Idol I taped last night.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #283  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, Rebeca, you are close to the 170's! How great!

Aggie- Are you eating the bars? The soy in them is really hard on some people's colons.

Sherry- WTG on the loss.

Dairy Fairy- That is excellent!! Me and you are neck and neck all the time. Not that we are competing, just joining each other!

Heather- I always prefer homeopathic medicine to traditional. I hope this guy can really help. Have a great busy day!!

Gotta go feed the troops, check back later!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #284  

Oh my gosh!!! A few days without my DSL and look what happens........287 posts!! I'll never catch up. I hope all is well with everyone and you are all losing!! Happy April!!!!!
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #285  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Hello All... So many posts, there is no way to respond to everything! But I did want to say thanks again to to all you chicks during my backsliding and i'm really happy to say that yesterday i was POP! And today...so far so good. Despite both my boys having a really terrible stomach virus, I've been up for most of the last 2 nights and up to my elbows in you-know-what! I usually make the excuse that since the kids are sick i don't have time to do me, but i'm not letting that happen any more.
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote