Old 04-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #286  

Morning all,

Well, TO was good for me, I was down 1.8 today. I just don't get the success with TO that I did in the beginning, but I'll take any scale victory I can get. Unfortunately, I am still up about 4 pounds from my month off plan -- so I will move my ticker when I drop below 155 again. Which hopefully in a few weeks, I will be there! I just refuse to move it up -- too painful!

Totally angry to look out my window right now and see snow falling. Is it April or January, I can't tell? I am so not a winter person so this just makes me depressed!

I'll try to post personals later -- gotta run!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:36 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Katie + Kristi - sorry to hear that you Grandma will so sad. Hope she adjusts soon.

Stiesta - where are you? Snowing? that does bite - it's time for some spring like weather.
Congratulations on the 1.8lb loss.

I rode out day 2 of T/O without a hitch. My friends brought some lovely belgian chocolates to the movies last night and I just had a wee nibble of mine and passed it on.

Had a very successful T/O - scale read 145.6!!!
Now the trick is to keep it off.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #288  
PurpleSunshine

Quick lunch question for you chickies - I'm going to a presentation lunch - they are having these options
baked spaghetti - covered with cheese
veggie lasagna
toss salad
french bread and cookies -

So, I was actually thinking it would be best for me to go by and get a cobb salad from McDonalds or a wrap from chick-fil-a before heading to the meeting - do you think there is any other possible options with what they are serving? I could always take a lean cusine and then eat the toss salad they have??? I don't want to eat that unhealthy food - and you know it will be since it is catered in....Help please
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #289  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

HeatherPP--I think you answered you own question--see how smart we are all getting about our choices. You already know that the 2 entree choices are not good choices so now you just decide between your own ideas. I like the lean cuisine since they are already providing a tossed salad--you only have to take half your lunch. Just my opinion! Have a great lunch! I wish I was anywhere but here--with my dirty house!!

Great job on everyone's weight loss! Someday it WILL be me! Oh pity party coming on--LOL
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:50 AM   #290  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Aggie-Here is the Hummus recipe off of the LAWeightloss.com website. I think Katie posted a recipe in the recipe thread a while back too, I don't know if it is the same recipe or not. I believe that this is one serving.

Hummus

Nutritional Value
1 Protein, 1 Fat

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon of plain, nonfat yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon of parsley
  • 1-2 tablespoon of water
How to Prepare
  • Place all ingredients in the food processor.
  • Blend on high until forms smooth paste.
  • If mixture is still dry, you may add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of water to create a smoother paste.
  • Serve chilled.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #291  
PurpleSunshine

Thanks Boo - I guess I just need some "chickie confirmation"
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #292  
Deb on LAWL

Dairy- Congrats on the loss. Hopefully it will stay there for you.

Mystic- Happy belated birthday.

Katie & Kristi- I know you will find the best nursing home available for your grandma. Hopefully she will adjust to it and like it.

Katie- Hopefully you are feeling better today.

Heather- Are you going with the nutritionist? I think that it would be a good idea. Good luck with it if you do.

Rebecca- You are so close to the 170's you will be there in no time. Congrats on your speech score.

Denise- Hope your babies get better real soon. Kudo's to you to remember to be good to yourself.

Stiesta- Congrats on the loss. You'll be back there in no time. Yuck on the snow. Here we've had snow as late as June. Up in the mountains it can be anytime of the year.

Sznn- YEAH on the loss. Sending your way to keep it off.

Sherry- WTG on the loss!!

The weekend sabotaged me. I was trying to reach my 30 lbs. lost this weekend and went into WI on Monday and gained 1.8 lbs.!!!!! Sunday I just was not hungry and then crammed all my food into the evening just to get it in. Stepped on the scale this morning and it read 228.2, but I will wait until tomorrow to go WI, hopefully for a better loss.
The past couple of days have been really nice so DH and I took the hounds for a nice long walk after dinner. Today is rainy, foggy and dreary, so it will be an inside workout.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #293  
Deb on LAWL

Milca- Where are you at this morning girl??
Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #294  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

I will apologize in advance, because I can't do any personals right now. I just need to vent I guess. I am SO stressed out here at work today, and the worst of it is that I don't even want to be here.

My DS is sick. He woke up yesterday morning crying with a sore throat. He didn't have a temp or anything, so I just gave him some Advil and had him get back into bed and then I came to work. Then when DH had to go to work, I left work early so I could take care of DS. So throughout yesterday afternoon and evening, he seemed to be improving - then BAM. 2:30 this morning I hear him crying in his room so I go in and he's holding his throat. So at 3 am we are in the emergency room. The Drs took a 5 minute strep culture and it came back negative, and then they took another culture to send to the lab. They wrote him a "just in case" prescription for amoxicillin and told me once I got the lab results back, to fill the scrip if the culture came back positive, which I won't know till Thursday!

The killer is, we got home around 5:30 this morning. I had to call my DPs and ask them if I could drop my DS off this morning because I HAVE TO BE here today. That wouldn't be so bad, but my DM has her consultation for her cancer surgery today, and my DD has appointments as well. So now I'm here, worried about my DS, and worried about my DM, with systems blowing up all around me, I can't focus anyway and would just like to go get my son, but I can't go because I have 2 important meetings this afternoon on top of everything else. Calgon - take me away.

Talk about your bad days.

Sorry for whining, but I felt like I needed to post just to restore some sense of normalcy to my day. I hope to be able to come back later on today, but if not, chicks, here's to you.

Thanks for Listening,
Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #295  

Carmen- I will keep you and your family in my prayers! I am sooo sorry you are having a bad day but everything will be fine! Also most of the times when the first culture comes up negative so will the lab! You must be so tired, but just hang in there girlfriend 5'oclock will be here shortly!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #296  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Good morning all.

I'm getting ready to go to my new job to take them the necessary docs to be able to start work there. The rain is still going on strong here, enough to start getting depressing. I have really been sabotaging my self these past few days and I don't understand why. I know I'm happy I'm getting thinner and others are noticing. I like seeing the figure finally below 200 for the first time in years. Yet each day since Sat I have been making bad choices. I start off good then proceed to eat poorly. Today the home scale read back up to 199. I'm so upset with myself as I know I have a good chance of making it to my first goal weight on schedule, but not if I keep doing this to myself. I know in reading this board it happens to most of us, but I don't want to continue like this. I know I need to get back on track as I'm going to be starting this job week after next and I don't want to keep telling myself its ok to eat this and try that. Sorry to just go on about myself but I'm in one of those moods and not feeling to great about it. I know the best thing I should do is just go into the center and tell them what I’ve been doing and how I feel maybe that will help me get back on track by seeing the higher weight on their scale.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #297  
Deb on LAWL

Carmen- I do hope the day gets better for you. I hope DS gets better fast and that DM has a good prognosis on her cancer surgery appt.
Deep breaths, deep breaths.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #298  
Deb on LAWL

Barb- I'm right there with you. I think we all go through these phases. For me I think it is time to get back to the basics. I have been eating all the right foods, but I know that I have been going over on the condiments and not eating enough during the day then eating a huge dinner. I have also been super busy at work and am having a hard time getting all my water in.
Keep your chin up, you can do it, I know you can.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #299  

Sznn, congrats on the good TO loss...you should be so proud!

Carmen -- about the strep thing -- (and I can't remember if I already told this story or not) but last Wednesday I took my DS in to the doc. He had a horrible chest cold and I was worried it was turning into bronchitis. The doc said it was a virus, but was a little concerned becuase his glands were really swollen. So they did a strep culture and told me if I didn't hear back by Friday at noon it was negative. Never heard back -- DS was better -- figured all was well. I got a call Saturday at 5:00 p.m. telling me the strep culture had come back positive and they were calling in an antibiotic. He never had a sore throat, never got a fever, nothing. I think you're DS probably does have it from the sounds of things, but you just never can tell. Good luck today with all that's on your plate --

Barb-- don't get down, chickie! Look at me -- I'm up 4 pounds from my low of 155. But I'm back on the horse and committed to doing better. I know you can do it, too! You are an inspiration to lots of us here, so don't beat yourself up. Just recommit your brain to stay POP on Saturday, the rest will follow! Hang in there, chickie!

Also, DEETS....the Kashi go lean bars...just found 'em. Are they like 150 calories, 10 gm protein, and they're a big square instead of a long bar??? SOOOOOO good. Can't believe how much I loved it (course I'm also carb-starved from TO) but it may become my new favorite!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #300  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

I went to WI today and....drumroll please....I am down. I made my 15lbs mark!! And I am 3 days early so maybe if I try really hard I can get down to 180 by saturday!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Katie and Kristi- Sorry about Grandma thats never easy. I have a gma who says she will put a bag over her head before we put her in a home. Shes so dramatic.

Rebecca- Good luck on seeing the 170's. Keep up the good eating and the exercise!!

Gama- I used to do what you're doing. And the best advice I got and I think it came from Mary was, Just remember every time you cheat it puts you farther away from goal. Now everytime I want to cheat I think of my goal and I go for something healthier. You can do it. You're worth it!!

Carmen- I'm sorry to hear about your DS. Hopefully things get better soon!!

Christine- Great Job on the WL. Keep it up!! Glad you were feeling better this AM also.

Milca- where are you girlie?!

To everyone else that I missed sorry! I hope everyone has a POP day. I need to go exercise but I will be back soon.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote