Old 09-15-2005, 09:38 AM   #286  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey Chickies!!!!

Well Star and Mary that is good advice on dating Bob however lets just say that im not hit type lol. I would love to work with him however since he does live in LA now that probably isnt gonna happen. Has anyone been to check out the new web area for BL? Man i would love to join the Biggest Loser Club its $20 a month and you can cancel at anytime i think. It says you get to have interaction with Bob, Jillian and the contestants. That would be cool. But i will have to think on that one. Also I have 23 weight loss weeks left at the center and Im trying to decide if I want to get anymore after that point. I will not be at my goal by then but hopefully closer.

Yesterday was a good day i was OP and missed being POP by a Veggie and a Fruit. But i did get all my water in. No exercise other than walking across campus and up and down the stairs. So all in all not to bad. I have most of today planned out fixin to fix my breakfast and go check out the BL site.

I will check back in later.... NO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 AM   #287  
234/165.8/160

Britt-I'm going to have to check out that website...thanks for the info!

Star-DH has started calling me Olive Oyl and Twiggy...it's not that I'm that small, just so much smaller than I was! He said he was looking at old videos from christmas 2003 and he was like "and your butt was like..." I told he better not even finish that sentence!
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #288  

morning everyone.

I was down this morning...yeah!

I wen to the evening cardio-karate class last nith and it killed me. I had dinner already out, but after driving home feeling like I was dead, I stopped at Subway. so I still stayed on plan. i have been going to class off anf on for over a year, but i have never done the evening class because i use to work evenings so I would do the class while my son was at school firstthingin the morning. Wow after working a whole day and running around, the evening class is a killer.

I was out like cold by 8 PM and slept like a new born (until I woke up at 2 and couldn't get back to sleep for an hour). But i am glad that I stuck in and finished the whole class, I just have to get use to working out in the evening i guess.

My weightloss goal is to fit into these sun dresses I bought a couple years ago that were just a little tight back then, but know they take the jaws of life to get out of. So that is what I am looking forward to. By spring, I will not only fitt them, but be toned and fit in them.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:16 AM   #289  

Hey chicks!

Good golly, you've been chatty today!

About clothes - I am just so thankful that I can get into ALL the 16 pants I have now. I am just on the cusp of getting into my 14's (the wide leg versions). About clothes - I have clothes in size 6, 8 and 10 that I've been saving from the last time I was think. I will wait and see if I'm a candidate for what not to wear when I can put them on AND sit down in them ..
Although, I have been going thru my closet and picked out about 10 things that I've never worn, and never will -- they are just too big right now. I have to find a consignment shop!

About the nice and rude thing -- well, I live around Washington DC (born there, too) -- and I guess someone said -- it's the city with Northern Charm and Southern Efficiency. I've been really lucky on my travels, but I also think that if you meet people with a smile, they tend to smile back. About the southern flag thing -- I do think every area has, and should have, local pride -- it's so easy for things to become the same all over, esp with TV and movies.

Hi Janie -- welcome back!

Leah -- WTG on the birthday cake! Enjoy every bite. And WTG on being down -- I tend to lose from the outside in - so I know what you mean about cup size --

Shennie - LOL about the jaws of life- I have jeans like that -- and some straight skirts --

Anyway, clothes are part of what that $1 for each time I exercise is for --

Hi to all the other chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 AM   #290  

Default Biggest Loser

Britt - Well when Bob comes back from LA - how about then? lol I too was checking out the Biggest Loser Club, according to them I'm 6 pounds out of my range....I would like to join, but I can only do so much at one time
Actually, what would be perfect would be to find a club for people who are within 20 pounds of goal but need to be held captive and baten until their goal is met

Britt - Glad you are back with a vengence chick! But sometimes when our life changes, things work to our advantage. I'm crossing my fingers about that for you

Jen - I loved Twiggy and followed her lead to paint on lower eyelashes... Cut my hair like hers and could never get skinny enuf, even at 115.... Anyhow, that is your new name "Twiggy" I love it
Your husband probably feels like he's got a new girlfriend...

Shennie -"My weightloss goal is to fit into these sun dresses I bought a couple years ago that were just a little tight back then, but know they take the jaws of life to get out of. So that is what I am looking forward to. By spring, I will not only fitt them, but be toned and fit in them."
Jaws of Life...... I've had clothes like that......still have a dundress too that I have never worn

When I was looking for motivation afew weeks ago, I came across a picture in a magizine of a girl who weighed 160 and went on a plan and got to 135...she was my height, blonde (oh and afew years younger, or maybe 25 years younger) anyhow, to see the picture of her at 160 and then at 135, it made all the difference in the world, she went from normal to thin....so I put that picture on my fridge. Becuz I think just 15 more pounds for me would make that huge difference (and I'll look 25 years younger...lol)
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #291  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

About the Minnesota Nice thing, I just meant that Minnesota is known for being nice and for the most part i have found Minnesotans to be wonderful people, but there is also an attitude of some which is not so nice. Not warm and welcoming at all and they give "Minnesota Nice" a new meaning. My roots are in Minnesota and I love the state and the people, but I also love California and the people and the mentality.

Jen~that is so exciting about your jeans. That must have felt great to fit in them. I can't tell you how many pairs of jeans i have, some with tags still on them, they are my "someday jeans". Good for you!

Hi to all!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:03 AM   #292  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok need some quick help if anyone has their LAWL cookbook near them. I made the Egg salad but forget what it couts as lol. I am at work and was wondering cause im planning what im fixin for dinner tonight and I needed to know i wonder if I could get the center to tell me if i call them.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #293  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone.

Wow what a discussion. Here's my 2 cents on the Confederate Flag/ Rebel -Yankee deal...

You all notice that I am from Cleveland, the North. Well, my entire family is from South Carolina. My mother was born in Columbia and my father was born in Sumter, in the backwoods. They relocated to Ohio after my dad got out of the service and my mom finished college. My mom and dad took us South for a month every summer, during which time we would stay either with her parents or with with his, who by then had also moved into the city of Columbia. I still have LOADS of family in the South, and visit them regularly.

Racial discrimination is alive and well in ALL areas of our country. Unfortunate but true. Having experienced it on many levels in both places, the difference I see in Southern discrimination is that it is blatant. As a little girl, I have been spat on by white people while walking down the road to the store with my brother. I have had shopkeepers who by the way fly that pretty flag like it is no thing ask me "what'll it be little nigger gal?" Granted this was when I was a little girl, but just last year when we took our DSs to Greenwood to visit family, they went walking to a corner store, and came back sweating and in tears, because they had been chased home by GROWN MEN in a truck who were threatening to run them off the road as they walked. My then 6 year old son asked me "Mama, what is a spook?" These are the memories that that pretty flag evokes in me. How do you think a Jewish person would feel if someone of German descent said "Boy this swastika sure is pretty, and I'm very proud of where I came from, so I'm just gonna go ahead and hang this sucker in my front window?"

As far as reparations, just for the record I don't agree with that movement. I would believe that a very small percentage of our population would, but it is a mistake to think that all is said and done. Black people don't live around a war that took place over 100 years ago, we don't have that luxury.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #294  

Height: 5' 4"

Carmen, I hate that you had bad experiences in South Carolina. Everyone is not like that in the South, I promise. As far as the flag/swastika displaying, it is part of free speech. Yes, these things may hurt people unintentionally; but they are part of people's heritage.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #295  

Carmen, We moved to Michigan in the early 50's and went home to Tenn every summer....small world.
My mom had to explain to me what a hillbilly was too. We each have our stories.
To me the Confederate Flag met going home. When I see it now, it still makes me smile, with no intention of causing pain to others. Same with the American Flag.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #296  
Choc Thunder

Karen - point well taken. Believe me, I know that the South is one of the best places on earth. And I do firmly believe that, or else I would not go back year after year. The day I explained to my baby what a "spook" was, I also explained that for every one person that treats him that way, he will find a hundred who (hopefully) never would. That flag is a part of our heritage - mine too. I understand that people may fly them freely. I just pray that they fly them in ignorance of what they represent.

Okay...I'm off my now.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #297  

Mary,
I think I'll try the Bali spa Shoulder Bra. I need some new bras, and I love TJ Maxx
Anyone see Beaches? "over the shoulder boulder holder" comes to mind...LOL.

Star,
I am 5'6". You can definitely make it to your Christmas goal. Let's see, how many weeks is that? Only 13 weeks? Unbelievable!!!!!!!!! I'm going to shoot for that goal too! My Christmas present to myself can be reaching my Goal and some new clothes.....THat's motivation!! I'm going to weigh in on Saturday morning and hopefully change my ticker.

All those clothes everyone wants to get in are cracking me up. I definitely had some jeans that would just about cut off the circulation in my ankles!!!!!!!! In high school, you couldn't have convinced me (while I was wearing Guess--pencil legged ankle length jeans) that I would be wearing boot cut jeans!

HAve a great day everyone. Off to pick up my two yr. old from pre-school. I must admit I love him to pieces, but I really enjoy his two morning a week preschool.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:27 PM   #298  
Choc Thunder

So everybody, what's for lunch?
Old 09-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #299  

Carmen - I think there couldn't be a better time for me to run to COD (I'm actually looking forward to going)
Then I'm having a Lean Cusine and salad.......
Old 09-15-2005, 12:34 PM   #300  

Height: 5' 4"

There are hurtful nicknames for all races. I used to get call a cracker by a black boy in my elementary school class everyday. I even remember his name, "Conrad." That is bad that I even remember him because I don't even remember a single high school teacher's name.

I've been called a hick, redneck (which I am far from), hillbilly, and all kinds of things.

Last edited by MetalChic; 09-15-2005 at 12:37 PM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote