Old 09-22-2005, 03:41 PM   #421  

FI - One little adorable puppy (poo) does not make a disgruntled employee. Especially one with all the perks of working on a horse ranch......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #422  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys
Julie, I do not make my own sauce. I have also had trouble finding low sodium tomato sauce. Any thoughts?
Star, The repo business is very exciting and occassionally dangerous, however our local law enforcement is great about backing us up if we need them. The harder part for me is seeing people at one of the lowest points in their lives. I have taken cars from people that I have tried everything to help first, but often they are in a financial situation that there is no returning from. But single moms with kids.........Oh well, I guess I still have to feed mine. Anyway, I am on the red plan. Every time I weigh in I have lost a pound or so. I'm sure it won't always be this easy, but for now I am really enjoying the success!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #423  
Katie

Hey Fiona,
My DH raises great danes, and we have a litter of 5 right now, so I feel for you. Have you tried using potty pads? I really like them for little dogs, and they usually take to using them pretty fast. Good luck!
Old 09-22-2005, 04:09 PM   #424  

Potty pads??? the things you learn at 3FC.

Katie, are you looking for a prepared sauce? Does your grocery have a dietetic or health food section? I was talking about the tomato sauce in the little cans by the canned tomatoes. I usually make my own sauces, using that with the seasoning I want, and then I can also add stuff like chopped spinach to sneak in some fiber and more veg.

But then, I like ketchup on my spaghetti, so I'm no Martha, either. ..
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #425  

Height: 5' 4"

I use Ragu Light. One of my counselors suggested it and it doesn't have any added sugar. I also add veggies to my sauce.

I use "No Salt Added" tomatoes when making soup, chili, etc.

Last edited by MetalChic; 09-22-2005 at 04:23 PM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #426  

i have to look for some Ragu light... what do you count sauce as, a vegetable?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #427  
Missing Ohio

Default Oh Happy Day

Hello Chickies,

Welcome to the Newbies. Repo, congrats on your weight loss and what does your avatar symbol represent. Just curious

Ladies, I am so off plan that it will take Jesus to bring me back. I started to feel better, but have cravings for everything and I'm satisfying those and some. I've had my favorite Dove ice cream, Chinese food, potatoes, cake, you name it. People keep telling me that I'm losing weight. The COD thinks that I'm doing Fast Forward right now, with Slim Down to follow. yeah lol

Have been going to networking functions and making contact with potential leads to a job (I mean 'career opportunity' as the Transition Team says we should call it). An ex coworker from Germany is visiting the states and five other coworkers from my old job left a message on my answer machine to come to lunch with him, but I wasn't at home(out eating) and they invited me to go to dinner with them if I didn't get the message before lunch. I didn't get home in time to connect with them. They are the reason that I gained all of this weight anyway (need to blame someone ) This big butt wasn't their fault. My exboss went on South Beach last Jan. 2004 along with his wife and myself. He lost alot of weight and the wife and myself are still trying to lose. He also went to strength training classes with me when he wasn't travelling. Men make me sick because it is so easy for them to lose. South Beach, Atkins, and any of the other high protein with no fruit diets make me constipated, so I can't continue on them through the full two-weeks to start losing.

I met a master dog trainer Saturday and he is coaching me on retraining my puppy. She has gone backwards since I've been at home everyday. So far, what he told me to do is working like a charm. Too bad that I'm not working and can't do the whole program. He is pretty expensive and is giving me a few pointers free. He said that she has been playing me though because she is very spoiled and knows which heart strings to pull with me. I would attach a picture of her, but don't know if it is allowed on this board. Anyhu, must take her out again (every 15 minutes) and put her back in her crate. She used to look like a crazy dog when I put in there in the past (playing me). Now she is so calm and seems to look forward to going in there. She's evil.

Ladies, stay safe and be blessed. Mary and anyone else in the troubled areas, you have my prayers for your safety. Mary could be stuck in the highway traffic that is being shown on the news of people trying to get out of Galveston. They are running out of gas and cars are breaking down. A radio announcer said that God Is Trying To Tell Us Something.

later,

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 09-22-2005 at 06:28 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #428  
Katie

Hi all,
Bre, My avatar is the peace sign. My mom was a hippie in the 60's. I was raised on peace protest music, Woodstock, and plenty of womens lib. In this era of war, I feel the same way I always about peace, and I hope and pray all of my friends and family make it home safe from Iraq. Also, my big reward for myself when I reach my goal is to have a tie dyed peace sign tatooed on the small of my back. I can't wait!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #429  

Welcome Repo Girl,
I'm sure you'll get some inspiration, challenges and plenty of laughs from this fun group of ladies.
Good night everyone.
Mary, Hope you have evacuated safely!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Star.......I'd love to see the new changes to the Gold Plan....
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #430  

Morning, chicks!

Well, I managed pretty well last night - had a grilled seafood kabob with shrimp and scallops, and just a bit of the rice --maybe 1/2 cup - and I was rewarded with staying the same today -- woohoo! So I'm still 190. .

Have a funeral to go to today - one of my gal pals Aunts passed away last week and the mass is today. So I'm not sure when I'm going to WI, since I have to be there at 10:30.

LadyIzzy - sounds like you have your hands full - I imagine the stress of all that you're doing would make it difficult to concentrate on being POP. I know what Fast Forward is, but what is slim down? Is it the drinks? (And I have to wonder what God is trying to tell us - was he trying to tell the same thing to the Tsunami victims? - not trying to start any flames, just curious.)

Repogirl - groan, I may be about the same age as your mom -- maybe a little younger, since I was, of course, just a CHILD in the 60's.

Karen/MC, I'm interested too, do you count the ragu sauce as a veg?

I was shocked at the stories of the traffic jams coming out of Houston. I'm adding my prayers to all, and hope Mary got where she was going safely.

Happy Friday, all!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #431  

Default Tgif

Hi Chicks,

I think Mary got out in time, the freeways weren't backing up when she left...she's a smart chick
My DSIL lives in Houston, they tried to leave Wed, sat in traffic for 4 hours and only went like 6 miles, so they went back home. I will call her again in a bit and see what's going on. My other friend there is staying in her aprartment in Houston (downtown), I will call her too. Hopefully Houston will only get some flooding and wind damage.

julie - Way to go for staying at 190 and eating out. That is a real success story! Being able to eat out on plan makes this diet so doable. Jen (Auditgirl) eats out everyday and look how awesome she has done

Repo - I too was a hippy chick, took my baby to Vietnam war protests with peace signs on his little snowsuit, with him in his tie dyed clothes. back then we protested everything. I was in the paper for protesting when maxi skirts came in style, in the midst of the 4 inch mini....

Bre - Well I guess when you go back to COD and they find out about your version of Take Off, they will have a . About the picture of you puppy, I have seen others post pictures on here.......I'd love to see the sneaky little pup...

Okay chicks...talk to you later....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #432  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Went straight from COD to open house last night. It didn't end until 9:06. Thank God DH cooked (again). I was up almost 1lb, but the last time I went was over a week ago, and since then I've had bbq at the aunt's house, I've been off plan at least 2 other days, but not by much, plus I've been having trouble getting in all my water. I think I expected as much, so I'm not too terribly bothered by the gain. I think I probably gained more than the pound and I just hope I'm on my way down again. I will go back tomorrow to see what my body is doing. Oh yeah, normally I go to the restroom before I WI and I didn't yesterday so...who knows what's up? Oh yeah, I know what's up...my weight!

Star - I hope your people in Houston make it through this okay.
Bre - Puppy sounds like a handful and really cute. Good luck with her.
Repo - Welcome. I am a hippie at heart.
Julie - Great job at dinner. Seafood kabob sounds delish.
Leah, Fiona, Metal, SY, Britt, Regina and anyone I may have missed - shoutout!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #433  

Height: 5' 4"

Default Tgif!

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm so happy it's Friday!

I usually use the Ragu Light with the pasta w/light sauce-CarbCraver meal and just add extra veggies to it. But, I don't see why you couldn't count it as a veggie.

Here is the nutrition facts:

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per 1/2 cup
Calories 60
Calories from Fat 13.5
Total Fat 1.5g
Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 330mg
Total Carbohydrate 10g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Protein 2g 4%
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #434  

Karen ~ Wow! That is spooky about that guy. It is weird how you can work with someone, or know them on a casual basis and really not know them at all. Hubby explained to me a long time ago how we adopt different personas for different environments. Our daughter was having problems with her husband because he bacame a different person around his brother and she didn't like that guy. I don't like to think that I have multiple personas. It sounds too much like schizophrenia! I know he's right though. He himself acts differently around his family. I just accept it as part of who he is.

Sheenie ~ It sounds like you are a really good worker. Your company is lucky to have you. Maybe the other lady is feeling threatened by your efficiency. You've got the right outlook though, just take the time to get used to her personality and thank God every day that you aren't her.

Sy ~ How's this for dating myself - Our first computer had a 10 megabyte hard drive and used MS-DOS! We were thrilled with it because my mother's had no hard drive at all, just worked off two floppies. When hubby first began computer programming, he had to use punch cards to feed the information into the computer. I worked for Wells Fargo and we were the first bank to use a computer. We went to San Francisco to tour the computer room that covered a city block and had to have special air conditioning to keep the room cool enough for it. Yep, I've been around a while myself! Congratulations on the $$$$ you are stacking up! Do you have anything in mind for spending it? I think that is a great incentive! About the Lite Salt: I've not made the connection, but I too have noticed my hands swelling throughout the night. I wonder if the salt could be the culprit? I only use it for my evening meal.

Carmen ~ I'm not sure I could even go DOWN 14 flights of stairs! And even if I could, I think my legs would fall off when I got to the bottom. So I definitely think it counts as a workout! I'm planning on starting a walking routine on Monday. It looks like we aren't going to get any rainfall from Rita. They are expecting it to turn east once it hits land so the rain will go into Arkansas and Missouri instead of Oklahoma. I'm glad it looks like she is going north of Houston instead of hitting it. Hopefully the area she lands in won't be densely populated. I'm really not that familiar with the Texas coastline and I'm probably showing my ignorance by even mentioning this..... My son's mother-in-law is living temporarily in Houston and she tried to evacuate yesterday along with everyone else. Her husband flew down from here and they were heading for San Antonio. We haven't heard anything from them since yesterday.

Julie ~ Yep, I had a great time on the cruise! I loved Catalina and Ensenada! I had to laugh at myself because every time I go to Mexico I buy vanilla. I *thought* I had opened my last bottle before I left, but when I went to put the two I brought home into the cabinet, I found an unopened one. These are not small bottles either! They are the largest I could find. Someone is getting a bottle of Mexican vanilla for Christmas. I just haven't figured out who yet. I didn't behave myself very well, but was pleased to only gain 1.4 pounds even though I indulged in desserts every lunch and dinner, sometimes two. I had gone to the nutrition store and bought a product to help me. I'm going to post a separate post about that. Ketchup on spaghetti?? Interesting!!

Fiona ~ WooHoo! That money is stacking up girl! It won't be long before those new shoes will be on your feet! Lucky you for having that wonderful hubby that kept you out of trouble at that job. My daughter just quit her job this week. She is one of those that works herself to death and they just keep piling on more. She heard through the grapevine that the branch manager had been asking other employees what she does all the time because she never seems busy. She was always busy, but her laid-back attitude didn't show it. She found a job that pays more and doesn't have mandatory overtime. Now that guy will find out just how much she really did.

Leah ~ Way to go on the temptations! I don't know that I could have been that strong with the taco shell. French Fries aren't that much of a temptation to me, but thee is just something about the shell from a taco salad!

Well, that's it for now. I have to get dressed and head for the COD. I'll finish posting when I get back. I'm sure I'll have more to catch up on since I'm now on page 34.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #435  

Regina: You have topped me. I did take a class using punch cards, but found that the class was outdated at the time. TG I didn't have to work with them. Glad you had a nice time on your cruise, and only being up 1.4 is awesome. I've never taken a cruise, but I heard that the food is always awesome. I think someone would have to lock me in a closet to keep on OP while on the ship.

Katie: Welcome to the board! I was a child IN the 60's not a child OF the 60's.

Julie: WTG on eatting out. I hope I have the same luck today as I'm meeting a friend for lunch. Wish me luck!

Leah: Great NSV on the fries and taco salad shell!

Lizzy: I'm sending you POP vibes. I'm just coming off of taking 2 steps forward - 10 steps back. Now I'm moving forward again, take my hand - I'll pull you away from those Dove bars. LOL!

I have to run to lunch, have more to share but don't have time right now.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote