Old 09-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #331  

Default ...

Bye - Have a great on-plan weekend

Karen/Rusty - So glad you posted..you HAVE to come back more often

Hope to see less of you Monday and vice versa.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:03 PM   #332  

Default On Hold

I went to the doctor today because I've been feeling so sad about Carson starting school and having Autism. I can't seem to get out of this funk and decided I may need meds. She asked what all's going on in my life and I told her we just moved, my son's stuff, my other son's issues, my daughter's stuff, finances, and diet. She told me that she would strongly recommend for me to not weigh myself (or go to the center) for 4-6 weeks--give the meds time to kick in and boost my mood. She said that with everything else going on in my life right now that trying to diet is not a good plan. Not that I should give myself a license to eat whatever, but to give myself a break a bit. Concentrate on what I eat, enjoy what I do eat, EXERCISE DAILY and just not have that component of weighing in for at least 4 weeks, probably 6.

I feel like I just started LAWL and now I'm putting it on hold, but it makes sense. Weighing in is stressful for me. Maybe once the happy pills take hold it won't be so bad. And I'll exercise 5 or more times a week...

Wish me luck.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:49 PM   #333  

Jenn, I just saw your post, and totally agree with your doctor -- we all have balls that we have to juggle, and some of those are crystal -- if they fall to the ground they break. . I think, as women, we tend to think we can handle all these things perfectly at all times, and it just ain't so.

The WI's are stressful, and with all that's on your plate, you have to figure out where your energy goes first.

Please continue to post, and let us know what happens with you!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:59 PM   #334  

Thanks, Julie. I'm going to stay mostly on plan, but like the doctor told me...as I ramp up on the meds, a little bit of dark chocolate can boost mood too.

I like my doctor.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #335  
Missing Ohio

Default Woo Hoo

Kudos to all of you losers. I'll go in for WI on Saturday and get the 'bad' news and go from there. I feel fat, so that means that I have picked up a pound or two.

Carmen - Are you in the former BP Building. At the time that I worked for them, they were the only building downtown with a gym. So much has changed though to the point that I don't know where I am when I do go downtown. Exercise does me so good can't understand why I slack off sometimes. I'm so pumped only being back on track for two days. Hopefully, I will keep this up until next June. The summer months are usually when I start to taper off. Do some kind of exercise, just move. Even the Eight Minutes in the Morning by Jorge Cruise worked (two targeted spots for eight minutes). People saw my results(toned & weight loss) very quickly. As I've said before, I get bored and change my plan or quit completely.

Julie - I'm from Alabama, West Virginia and now live in Ohio. Nuff said

Ladies have a good weekend and eat clean

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 09-16-2005 at 08:42 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #336  

Jenn,

Take some time to take care of you! You are depended on by many peopel and that is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, that is how many of us love to have our families no they can depend on us. But the real thing to remeber is that you have to take care of yourself to be able to take care of others. Children can pick up on the slightest change in mood, and I know you want the best for yours, so get the best for you

take care!!!!!!
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:54 AM   #337  

Confession time! I did take off at the first of the week and lost 4 pounds. Yesterday I went in and was up 3 pounds. But I'll confess, I ate fried chicken livers from Cracker Barrell yesterday. i didn't write in my diary this week either. I couldn't confess the chicken livers (which i love) to the counselor because she would have give me "the look"! I just couldn't take it yesterday! OK, so I'm back on track today.Ok, now off the chicken livers, Is there anyone that can't eat beef on the plan because it effects your weightloss??? I'm getting to the point that I may be eating nothing but fish and chicken!!!! Got any ideas????

Thanks,
Janie from Tennessee
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:47 AM   #338  

Janie: Glad your back on track after the 'chicken livers'. How can you eat those things? I have friends who just loves them. They server them at their Christmas party each year. And, I have found that you either love them or hate them. Those who love them can't get enough. Maybe you should stay away from the Cracker Barrel as I don't think they serve many OP foods, do they? On the beef, I always have a problem with the scale after eatting it. As far as pork, stay away from anything made by Hormel, the reason why their pork is always tender is because it's soaked in brine (salt solution) to make it tender. There are others that do the same and you really have to read the packaging. But then again, you can't always trust the packaging either because 1 of our local grocery stores only sell Hormel products and use their own packaging. My husband asked the butcher and he admited it was the same stuff.

Mary: I have to agree with you, I will never have a food carving for any type of liver, even served with bacon and onions. It's was one of my ex-b-i-l's favorite meals that his mother would cook for him on his birthday. I remember 'having' to eat it as a child and at the time, thank God for catsup as I would still be sitting at the table while everyone waited for me to finish.

I'm up early today. Helping out my brother at his cafe' this morning as he's short 1 waitress.

I have to get to the grocery store today, need just about everything because I don't have many OP foods in the house after being gone all week. I'm planning on being POP for a while. I'm afraid for going back to the COD as I feel like a failure and I know I've gained some weight after eatting dinner out all week. Not sure if I should go there tomorrow or wait another week to see if I can get back POP first and to have a journal to show them that I'm trying. Now that the reunion is over, and golf has ended I'll have more time for myself and can get back on my 4-5 day exercise routine at the gym.

Hey, Karen/Rusty: Glad to see your post, and you're doing okay. Missed you.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:25 AM   #339  

Hey chicks! DH and I watched the first BL2 last night, and DH got inspired to challenge ME to a BL competition just between the two of us. I told him that nothing de-motivates me more than LOSING to someone else, but if I could just keep doing what I'm doing, and he can compete against ME (i.e. he doesn't get his "prize" at the end of each week if he doesn't lose more weight than me, percentage-wise), I'm in. So now I figure I need to beat him at his own game the first week, just to make him squirm a little. We've agreed that I will continue to get a buck for each 30 minutes of exercise I do, max 10 per week, and for him, if he loses more weight than me at the end of the week, he gets $10 for his fund, if he doesn't he gets nothing. It's not really equal from a "competitive" standpoint, but whatever! I get to just keep doing what I'm doing, and if he is motivated to measure himself against that, more power to him.

On a completely unrelated note...I'm so excited, our downstairs bathroom is finally getting finished!!! My bro (who is a much handier type than DH) came over yesterday and finished putting up the drywall, then he and DH sent ME to Home Depot with a list of stuff to get. Now, I like HD when I know exactly what I'm going there for, but I needed stuff like "that metal strip you put at the edge of carpet" and "drywall corners" and "grout - pick whatever color you like." I managed the first two okay by playing dumb (well mostly playing!) with the floor workers, but I must have burned up 20 minutes on my cell having my bro walk me through the grout aisle! Buckets, bags, tubes, sanded, unsanded, and 20 different colors (okay that was the easy part). Sheesh! But I finally got THAT figured out and on to the fun stuff - choosing what color to paint it! It's a small basment room (no windows) so DH was hesitant about painting it any kind of bolder/darker color, but I finally convinced him that with the whiteish floor, white fixtures and white storage cabinet, the place was in desparate NEED of some color, so I settled on a really nice medium blue with a hint of purple. I figured the fixtures would really "pop" against it. Of course, now DH and I are fighting over who "gets" the "better" bathroom, so next on the agenda is updating the upstairs bath! It never ends, does it???

Have a great POP day everyone, I have to go get ready to face it myself...
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:25 AM   #340  

Hi chicks!

I was so proud of myself yesterday - I went to a day long seminar -lunch provided -- got the vegetarian selection (grilled veg sandwich, fruit salad, 1/2 deviled egg, chocolate cake) - and did not have any of the cake at all. At each of the places, there was this little baggie of candy (like early halloween -- and I was STARVING -- and I only ate three tootsie rolls. And I scraped off most of the herbed cream cheese, becuz it was too salty -- now, why was I up to 193 this morning??? Oh, well, I'm chalking it up to water weight, and hope that it'll be off before WI on Tuesday. At least I did get in a workout today -- I'm also going out with a friend, and not sure what the food will be like -- trying to keep my mantra in mind -- I deserve the BEST choices. . .

Fiona - sounds like your DH is beginning to find his motivation, too - more power to the both of you - have you decided if you're going to the horse show? (PS - I frequently get lost at Home Depot. . .)

Janie -- I'm with Sy on the chicken livers - you can have my share, okay? About beef -- for some reason it does seem to make me retain water -- especially if I eat it at night - I think it's either the fat content, or the sodium. If I have it at lunch, it's usually okay. For other protein choices -- I use eggs, tuna fish, veggie burgers -- sometimes I use a lean cuisine and it takes care of a protein and a starch at the same time. You can also have cottage cheese -- what do you like to eat?? You can also have beans --

Sy - thanks for the tips on the pork - I don't eat it very often, but it's nice for a switch. And truthfully, I think you made the best choices you could being away from home for a week -- and how can you go to Boston and not eat seafood?

Mary - I know what you mean about gal pals - I don't know where I'd be without them -- can you invite this woman over for coffee, or to meet for lunch -- or to go to a museum or something -- she might want a friend, too --

Julie
Old 09-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #341  

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I must admit weekends are tough for me because we eat out a lot during the w.end and I have to really challenge myself to order OP although there's probably tons of sodium. --ate at BBQ rest. today. Hubbie got BBQ sandwich and onion rings. I resisited and got BBQ salad (BBQ white chicken, lettuce, tomato) DH got Coconut pie to go for dessert!!!!!!!!!! How cruel!!!!!!!!! Oh well. I always feel so much better about myself when I can order OP. AFter I give in and order Off P, I get depressed and mad at myself.

My 6 yo DD just served me the most wonderful meal of stone soup, strawberries, corn, and a chocolate dipped ice cream cone.........All plastic food of course.. Definitely no calories in that meal.

Saturday night DH and I had a date (all three children were spread out with grandparents) WE went to a really nice restaurant and I had lobster tempura with vegetables. I did not know it would be fried!!!!!!!!! Oh well, that was my splurge for the week....A big one I know....Back OP now.

The ticker went down .5 lbs. This is slow....I need to pick it up in the losing dept.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:40 PM   #342  

Well, I am back. Actually this will probably be the only day I will be able to write in for a couple of days and I will explain why.
So as you know I work for OfficeMax and we are opening a new store here in the area. Since I work at Corporate, my department is part of the crew tha sets up new prototypes. So I have been working like CRAZY. I think that I worked about 60 hours last week if not more. i mean 6 days at about 12-14 hours a day. hmmm long week. So since I was on my feet and sweating like crazy and running around like a crazy woman I only worked out Monday of last week. I mean what the heck I was getting a work out. Well, last week for me was HUGE, I was down 7 lbs in one week. Well, my period started this week so I figured that I was going to be up for sure. I mean not only that but I so did not stay on plan, not that I cheated cause that did not happened except for yesterday when I was starving and they had donuts at the store and I had 2 of them, but I was only really eating about once a day. How bad is that.
So I was so not getting all my foods in and I knew that was going to happen, but now I think that I might have to work 3rd shifts for a week or 2 for this store and that is going to be just as hard, how am I going to do that.

So I am so sure that I am not going to be down when I go in tomorrow but what can you do.

I will try to keep up more, hopefully after this week it will be better. Thanks for all the support that you guys give on here.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:04 PM   #343  

Mary, 23 lbs. is great!!!!! Keep up the good work! Don't get down about how far you have to go, Think about what you've accomplished and keep going forward!! I like to think about lbs. lost in the form of ground beef because that's something I can visualize. 23 lbs. is quite an accomplishment... That's a big pile of ground beef you've lost. LOL. Keep it up!!!!!!! I'm glad your husband is encouraging. That's wonderful!
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #344  

Its great indeed. You don't have to stop after all that great things you've done. I also think that maintaining its twice as hard than loosing so get ready to be tough
NoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #345  

Hi chicks!

Back down to 192, definately think it's sodium -- why is it once I start going back to the center, my weight goes up??? One of the mysteries of life. So today, water water water. And I'm going to try to get in my starches before 4PM. . .

Mary, congrats on finding good pants. It is so true that the fit is different from maker to maker, not to mention store to store -- I've even bought the SAME pants from the same store in different colors, and they fit differently.

Wrigley -- your center may adjust your plan if you're doing shift work -- are you doing gold? If so, then I think blue is supposed to be for shift work. Can you bring food to eat when you work these crazy hours?

Leah - yeah, all tempura is fried - I think that's part of the defination. .. your DD is so cute!

Have a great day, chicks!
Julie