Old 08-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #61  

Red would be my guess, Mary.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #62  

Default Lol

Regina - you sassy chick - ofcourse I hike them up to normal....

Karen - The survey turned out to be a great idea......thank you.

The results are in and the survey included 3 shop workers.

The quetion was "If you saw me on the street, a stranger, would you consider me 1) obese 2) overweight or 3) normal AND please answer this in total honestly, no offense will be taken.

3 out of 3 said "NORMAL"........
If nothing else this made me feel really great......even at 165 pounds!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #63  

Height: 5' 4"

You go Star!!!

I figured that would be the result of the survey... Also, you come up with the perfect way to ask.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #64  

Star - why didn't you put 'underweight' in those choices? Or at least 'In Great Shape'??
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #65  

Well they are guys - can't give them TMI......lol
Thanks again - I'm feeling pretty feisty now....
Old 08-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #66  

Julie - I didn't want to push my luck.....
Old 08-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #67  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi chicks,

I'm off to a good day on POP. And, I had a success story for yesterday. One of my boys had a friend sleep over and they wanted pizza. I was reluctant and of course negotiating with myself on how I could have 1 piece of cheese, etc. but in the long run I didn't. I had my salad with chicken instead. Talk about hard - it was smelling great. Oh and today I was in a meeting filled with donuts and bagels. I stayed away. I keep telling myself "I control my food" not "the food controls me". I'm tired of making excuses as to why I keep going off program. I just want to do it. Anyway, sounds like everyones having a good day.

Star, sounds like you're doing fine at 165. Sometimes a guys opinion is what we need. Welcome back from vacation Julie. Hello to everyone else. Keep up the good work.

diane
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #68  

Diane - Sounds like that was a real non-scale victory - pizza vs. salad/chicken - you go girl!
About my weight - I guess I just think I look overweight - I never stopped to think what or how other people see me......I have always had high regard for my own opinion.....lol
Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #69  
FirmingDi

Star, I know what you mean. Others say I'm fine but I'm not happy with my weight so I'm doing this for myself. How long have you been stuck at 165? Based on your ticker you've had some great success on the program.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #70  

diane -
I've been stuck at 165 for some time now...but yes I have had some success with LAWL..however my total weight loss isn't all from LAWL. The first
30 pounds was on my own. I was at my high of 216 about 8 years ago. My body like the weight you are right now around 181 and if I didn't diet that's where I would land...the 216 with with some added stress.
BTW, you and I are the same height, 5'7" - so I know exactly where you are. I think part of my being stuck has something to do with my working out five days a week. the other part is that I'm not totally POP daily.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:34 PM   #71  
FirmingDi

That's right, you follow the blue plan for the 5 workouts. Well, shake it up if you want to break the plateau. I really want to stick to the program so I can finally loose some of this. I've been stuck in this range for the last two years and I'm not going to settle for it anymore. Of course, it's never going to work if I don't follow the plan. We can do this!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #72  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Chicks, It's been awhile....
I'm at work now but we really aren't suppose to play on the computer... The owners are on a cruise so I thought I would atleast have a minute to post. I'm going to try and post each morning before I come to work. But anyway just wanted to say Hi.
I've only been OP for two days now. Weigh in this morning was 177.0 yuk.. But anyway, I'll talk to you all later after I get a chance to catch up on everything..
Star...Turn your thing on..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmingdi
Hi chicks,

I'm off to a good day on POP. And, I had a success story for yesterday. One of my boys had a friend sleep over and they wanted pizza. I was reluctant and of course negotiating with myself on how I could have 1 piece of cheese, etc. but in the long run I didn't. I had my salad with chicken instead. Talk about hard - it was smelling great. <bunch of snips>
diane
Why didn't you do a Carb Craver's meal, Diane? I eat cheese pizza every week. I'm like you, the smell drives me to distraction. I don't mind the popcorn at the theater, but love the smell of pizza. I'm thankful that I'm allowed to have it!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #74  

Hey, Rusty! Glad to see you still exist! Yes, do post in the mornings to let us know how things are going.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:19 PM   #75  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EweWho
Why didn't you do a Carb Craver's meal, Diane? I eat cheese pizza every week. I'm like you, the smell drives me to distraction. I don't mind the popcorn at the theater, but love the smell of pizza. I'm thankful that I'm allowed to have it!

I have info on the carb cravers plan when I bought an updated version of the plans from ebay ... and I just don't understand it ... LOL Yes ... I am blonde ... maybe that has something to do with it
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote